Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    ...hard to say what was more sad... cracking ribs... or riding a Vespa! 8-)
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:
    ...hard to say what was more sad... cracking ribs... or riding a Vespa! 8-)

:lol:

Poor bastard... guess he's still hurting
  • Options
    i just think its ridiculous to put a time table on it. I dont think they've recorded or mastered it. I think its still being created and written. Adam called into an Australian radio show the other day and said they were playing a new song that day. We know how Tool records. I honestly dont think any of them know when it will be released.

The important thing though is we know they are dedicated to recording and making this new album and it seems to be a priority right now. I just dont think theres any way we could possibly know when we are getting the new album.

We know nothing at this point, and I dont think the band does either. They are just making new music. Thats the extent of it
  • Options
    i just think its ridiculous to put a time table on it. I dont think they've recorded or mastered it. I think its still being created and written. Adam called into an Australian radio show the other day and said they were playing a new song that day. We know how Tool records. I honestly dont think any of them know when it will be released.

The important thing though is we know they are dedicated to recording and making this new album and it seems to be a priority right now. I just dont think theres any way we could possibly know when we are getting the new album.

We know nothing at this point, and I dont think the band does either. They are just making new music. Thats the extent of it

Incredibly well said
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Aussie tour announced! :D
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    im really curious to see what they do with the new album. What it sounds like. 10,000 days blew my mind when i first heard it. And sounded so of the moment. I wonder where the band has left to go musically. Will there ever be a happy Tool album? the thing about Tool is they operate so far outside whats on the radio or whats hip or new or in. In my mind their stature has only grown. I remember people enjoying Lateralus, but in the 12 years since it was released, it seems like most people view it rightly as a masterpiece.

I'll always remember 10000 days leaking, and walking by some guys house, and him blasting Lost Keys. That feedback was astonishing.

10000 days felt like the band giving up. I dont mean it was bad, but just listening to what they said during the press junket for the album they had used their music since day 1 to promote consciousness awakening and change, and the world in 2006 had gone to hell. The album reflected that feeling. It contrasted sharply with the Lateralus which seemed much more positive and uplifting. 10000 days felt like, and Maynard explicitly said he felt done with trying to change the world and trying to get others to alter their consciousness because in his mind it had failed.
  • Options
    im really curious to see what they do with the new album. What it sounds like. 10,000 days blew my mind when i first heard it. And sounded so of the moment. I wonder where the band has left to go musically. Will there ever be a happy Tool album? the thing about Tool is they operate so far outside whats on the radio or whats hip or new or in. In my mind their stature has only grown. I remember people enjoying Lateralus, but in the 12 years since it was released, it seems like most people view it rightly as a masterpiece.

I'll always remember 10000 days leaking, and walking by some guys house, and him blasting Lost Keys. That feedback was astonishing.

10000 days felt like the band giving up. I dont mean it was bad, but just listening to what they said during the press junket for the album they had used their music since day 1 to promote consciousness awakening and change, and the world in 2006 had gone to hell. The album reflected that feeling. It contrasted sharply with the Lateralus which seemed much more positive and uplifting. 10000 days felt like, and Maynard explicitly said he felt done with trying to change the world and trying to get others to alter their consciousness because in his mind it had failed.

Danny said they're working on a song that he thinks will be about 20 minutes long when it's all said and done.
  • Options

Lucky. I'm envious.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Lucky. I'm envious.

4 sleeps to pre-sale! :D
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:

Lucky. I'm envious.

4 sleeps to pre-sale! :D

How do you get access to pre-sale?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

join frontier-
    http://www.frontiertouring.com/tool
    8-)
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847

Danny said they're working on a song that he thinks will be about 20 minutes long when it's all said and done.

YES!!!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:

join frontier-
    8-)

What do you do to get access?
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:

join frontier-
    8-)

What do you do to get access?
    use the link above, and go to the red icon to 'register' in the top right corner of the screen, it's free to join. fill out the page, and they will email you a unique code and info. use that info on tiketek page when presale starts. (you need to be a member of tiketek and logged in) 8-)
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    may 3 sydney. WOO!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    may 3 sydney. WOO!!!
    :D
  • Options
    You guys are so lucky :D

I can't wait to see Tool again :D
  • Options

yes we are. maynard is here with 3 bands this year. its madness. :lol: i was totally floored when this tour was announced...(actually i read it on my FB thanx to you) wed been expecting a 'big' announcement but TOOL? that was just wishful thinking. i believe it went something like this... OMG! ITS TOOL ITS TOOL. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :lol: i was doing the snoopy dance all day.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

yes we are. maynard is here with 3 bands this year. its madness. :lol: i was totally floored when this tour was announced...(actually i read it on my FB thanx to you) wed been expecting a 'big' announcement but TOOL? that was just wishful thinking. i believe it went something like this... OMG! ITS TOOL ITS TOOL. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :lol: i was doing the snoopy dance all day.

Well, I saw them last year... works for me :lol:
  • Options
    an hour til presale.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    an hour til presale.

You lucky fuckers!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    an hour til presale.

successs!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I'm goin to see TOOL! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:
    an hour til presale.

successs!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I'm goin to see TOOL! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

floor tix!!! woo!!! :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Damn! :mrgreen:
  • Options

its gotta be done. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

its gotta be done. 8-)

It's usually done. Trust me :lol:
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just saw a headline on msn.com:

"Maynard debuts jewelry line"

And I was about to say: first wine, now jewelry? :fp: I give up!
    But its some other Maynard.. some broad on reality shows I think.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    2nd Sydney show! :D
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:
    2nd Sydney show! :D

if i can casually buy a ticket when i get back from my trip ill go but im not gonna bust my butt when ive already got tix for sydney 1.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I just saw a headline on msn.com:

"Maynard debuts jewelry line"

And I was about to say: first wine, now jewelry? :fp: I give up!
    But its some other Maynard.. some broad on reality shows I think.

:lol:

check out the puscifer line of lip balm, sunscreen, belt buckle, dog toys and clothes, a woman's billfold, and a signed shooting target :lol: