Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Question: Why won't Pearl Jam play The South? :mrgreen::D8-)

-Signed, a Texan
    never say never
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    eyejacker wrote:
    Are the band members aware of what has happened?

(if yes) How do they feel about it, and have they had any ideas / suggestions?
    (if no) Why not?

Thanks Kelly and merry Xmas!!! :)

+

Do they ask about how their ticket sales have gone or anything in that area?
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    Are you going to answer at least one question? We don't know,..we will try,..haven't had time to ask the band,...This is really weak.
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:
    Why was it not possible to hold back the 10c tickets although the public pre-sale started and, additional to that, since they 10c-pre-sale did not work out, hold back an extra amount of tickets from the public pre-sale? Would that have been so difficult? I don't understand why they had to be "thrown" into the public sale.

Second question is related to the general questions here about the info policy...why sending out the update at 1am CET? I was asleep and got notice of the update at 9am when the sale already had started...
    we are dealing with a public on sale following our pre-sale in a very short window…. our fan club pre-sales are not very popular with promoters and therefore there is not a lot of help offered. one of the main reasons… is that SOME ..NOT ALL promoters would love to sell our fan club tickets at a very high price….. this is how pj has been abe to avoid widespread scalping. our goal has always been to get you .. the loyal pj fan the best of anything we have to offer at the best price possible.
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    Why was there no 10c announcement of the second Manchester show?
    we would never assume that we would automatically get to two shows.... sometimes we don't get there.

With this in mind, maybe someone could explain how this works ie does the promoter have the main say as to what gets announced when?
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Question: Why won't Pearl Jam play The South? :mrgreen::D8-)

-Signed, a Texan
    never say never
    I like this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    How can I get 10C ticket for Stockholm if there is no official statement that Slovenian credit cards are not accepted? I had ticket several times in my cart and no success...at the end I couldnt score any bcs of that issue;(( spent hours and days trying:((

Is there a chance for a second Berlin show? Would really love to participate Berlin show like hell;))

Thanks
    Damir

P.S. Attending PJ show means world to me

Peace & Love
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along

why would we come up with the ideas? YOU'RE THEIR MANAGER! I'm a school teacher and wouldn't ask you how to teach a good WWI lesson on trench warfare.

Kelly,
    We pay this fan club $20-$50 a year. I don't want to sit here and speculate as to how much of a profit is made off of the fan club but I would assume that it's a hefty amount.

You guys are running the "business" so I think that YOU should come up with the proper solutions and fixes.
    I think as fans we've done more than our part by sitting through these frustrating pre-sales every year for the past few years.
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    Can anything be done for those of us who actually had tickets in our basket, and had entered all the credit card info and were in the process of checking out when the system crashed?
    sorry no.
  • Options
    Really awesome to finally get definitive word.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    energyman1 wrote:
    Hey Kelly,

It is really nice of you to take the time to do this.

My question is:

Can we go back to post cards and money orders? My guess is no, but maybe this is best, the good old fashion way, kinda like playing a record!

Peace,

Brian
    believe me… this is being talked about very seriously….
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    Are the band members aware of what has happened?

(if yes) How do they feel about it, and have they had any ideas / suggestions?
    (if no) Why not?

Thanks Kelly and merry Xmas!!! :)

I am curious about this as well...
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Hi Kelly
    Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.
    As long as online ticketing is used there will be problems with brokers that use software to prevent people from buying tickets. Even TM has problems with it. Are you giving any serious thought to going back to mail order? Given the what you have probably invested trying to get the online system to work, it would probably be cost -efficient to employ a "seasonal" workforce to confirm ticket orders.
  • Options
    - Will there be any measures to "compensate" the 10c members that were caught in this nightmare and didn't score any desired tickets for this tour?
    working on ideas..
  • Options
    Hey,

don't understand why there isn't some kind of system where you can choose, which ten club tickets you would like to buy and you can choose preferences.
    Then after maybe 2 or 3 days there's a deadline and the tickets could be raffled.

Isn't that a possible solution, since it isn't necessary to buy the tickets as soon as possible (within minutes)?

Also it would maybe be helpful to sell personalized tickets for every show, like it'1s the case in Berlin. At least you were able to buy tickets and it wasn't just luck.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    oh and no offence Mr Curtis... are you suggesting to us, the fans, that the 2nd night has never been discussed with you? Are you suggesting that TM sell the 2nd night out and then dictate to the band that they MUST play a 2nd night?

please do not insult our intelligence... the band, the mgt and all staff would have known about a 2nd night so why could that not have been announced before TM released tickets? I know for a fact that webpages can be set to go live at certain times... i.e. a news item on PJ could have been set to go live at 8.55am UK time this morning with info about the 2nd night.

You're evading the most burning questions. Whilst i'm sure everyone appreciates the fact you are here.. please don't skip the most emotive points. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    energyman1 wrote:
    Hey Kelly,

My question is:

Can we go back to post cards and money orders? My guess is no, but maybe this is best, the good old fashion way, kinda like playing a record!

Peace,

Brian
    :clap:
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    GetALife wrote:
    Why was it not possible to hold back the 10c tickets although the public pre-sale started and, additional to that, since they 10c-pre-sale did not work out, hold back an extra amount of tickets from the public pre-sale? Would that have been so difficult? I don't understand why they had to be "thrown" into the public sale.

Second question is related to the general questions here about the info policy...why sending out the update at 1am CET? I was asleep and got notice of the update at 9am when the sale already had started...
    we are dealing with a public on sale following our pre-sale in a very short window…. our fan club pre-sales are not very popular with promoters and therefore there is not a lot of help offered. one of the main reasons… is that SOME ..NOT ALL promoters would love to sell our fan club tickets at a very high price….. this is how pj has been abe to avoid widespread scalping. our goal has always been to get you .. the loyal pj fan the best of anything we have to offer at the best price possible.

amazingly good answer ....
    I would guess the promoters would love those first 20 rows for their "use"
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    6. Are the actual band members kept up-to-date with the problems that 'joe public' have went through?
    of course
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,537
    energyman1 wrote:
    Hey Kelly,

My question is:

Peace,

Brian

Some please enlighten me - what was the post cards and money orders system???.
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    6. Are the actual band members kept up-to-date with the problems that 'joe public' have went through?
    of course
  • Options
    RW8297 wrote:
    Are you going to answer at least one question? We don't know,..we will try,..haven't had time to ask the band,...This is really weak.

I appreciate you stepping in. but agree that there are some vague answers. be straioght with us - in a way 10c has not been.

- When the ticketmaster sale started for Man 2 - were you baffled or did you know another show was set. Should you had given this info to the fans? Did you know ticketmaster would start their salae a certain time or day - should you have given that info to the fans?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    Kelly,

Music Today handles lotteries for Phish and Dave Matthews Band:

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

Usually a week period, no server issues, credit cards safe, and they print the tickets on custom stock so it's a nice bonus. No crashing whatsoever, and completely fair.

These bands play the same venues... Alpine, MSG, etc. Music Today has great customer service too.

It would be nice not to have to spend HOURS trying to buy tickets. Sometimes, it takes longer to buy the tickets than it does to watch the performance.

This is a solution you should look into. It works.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    GetALife wrote:

bro, one wee look at ebay today can show you that is not the case
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    are you aware that everyone knows the tour dates prior to any type of forum 10 Club posting? If it isn't news we're getting nor tickets why wouldn't my $50 go towards groceries?
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    dunkman wrote:
    oh and no offence Mr Curtis... are you suggesting to us, the fans, that the 2nd night has never been discussed with you? Are you suggesting that TM sell the 2nd night out and then dictate to the band that they MUST play a 2nd night?

please do not insult our intelligence... the band, the mgt and all staff would have known about a 2nd night so why could that not have been announced before TM released tickets? I know for a fact that webpages can be set to go live at certain times... i.e. a news item on PJ could have been set to go live at 8.55am UK time this morning with info about the 2nd night.

You're evading the most burning questions. Whilst i'm sure everyone appreciates the fact you are here.. please don't skip the most emotive points. :)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    evo wrote:
    bro, one wee look at ebay today can show you that is not the case
    Thats because there was no 10c sale, at least in part.
  • Options
    Kelly, is part of the problem that Pearl Jam are just much more popular than they think are? They are pretty massive, the only comparable sized band I can think of is U2, so as dire as it might seem maybe only big established companies like Ticketmaster and their affiliates (Ticnet etc) can cope with the traffic that comes with a band of their calibre.

I am personally most upset by the deafening silence re the pre sale. In the end a simple 'sorry guys, go to bed its' not gonna get solved tonight' would have been appreciated.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    choop wrote:
    Kelly,

Music Today handles lotteries for Phish and Dave Matthews Band:

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

Usually a week period, no server issues, credit cards safe, and they print the tickets on custom stock so it's a nice bonus. No crashing whatsoever, and completely fair.

These bands play the same venues... Alpine, MSG, etc. Music Today has great customer service too.

It would be nice not to have to spend HOURS trying to buy tickets. Sometimes, it takes longer to buy the tickets than it does to watch the performance.

This is a solution you should look into. It works.

these bands also play way more shows than PJ does
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    have you thought about doing pre sales the way that dave matthews band and phish do theirs?
    with all due respect... phish nor dmb are not big sellers outside the US... where our problems lie today.
    kc
This discussion has been closed.