Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    - Will there be any measures to "compensate" the 10c members that were caught in this nightmare and didn't score any desired tickets for this tour?
    04.09.2006 - Lisbon
    05.09.2006 - Lisbon
    08.06.2007 - Lisbon
    13.06.2007 - Katowice
    15.08.2009 - Berlin
    30.06.2010 - Berlin
  • Options
    Can we just go back to 3x5 cards, money orders, mail-in like 2003? Maybe even 1 show per tour? It went smoothly then. The 1 show per tour would give a home city advantage with regard to seat location. At LA Gibson, I had to pick 1 show out of 4. That was the rule and that was fine. Ticketing was easy and the seating was remarkable compared to what I usually get.

I'm very thankful that 10c constantly tries to improve things. I feel bad to see such anger when you are trying to improve things and people don't appreciate that. You listened many times in the past, for example seating up the sides vs. rear floor. Sometimes, maybe, when things are attempted, unforeseen problems arise. I just wanted to say I appreciate all you do. I cast my one vote in the direction of the old, vintage mail/money order method.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    Why was there no 10c announcement of the second Manchester show?
    we would never assume that we would automatically get to two shows.... sometimes we don't get there.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Is the money we give the band annually in dire economic times taken seriously at all? We're not all rock stars....
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    When will the band come back to ALPINE VALLEY? Thanks.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Would love to get an update on the PJ20 LE BluRay that Cameron Crowe spoke to you about 2 weeks ago.

Is it time for us who missed the opportunity to buy to move on, or are you looking at alternative options. We've got a 500+ user petition going on, not sure if you heard. Just a yes or no answer would be great.

Cameron Crowe told me directly "your voices will be heard"...just want to follow-up.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    is there any truth to the 2012 alpine rumors? should i book a hotel for labor day?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Is it possible to that 10C could improve its communication to fans? We always hear of tour news or any PJ news on external sites and eventually from 10C days later.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    6. Are the actual band members kept up-to-date with the problems that 'joe public' have went through?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    have you thought about doing pre sales the way that dave matthews band and phish do theirs?
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Sloth2 wrote:
    can the band / management do anything to help those of us who would have got tickets to shows originally, but missed out due to the public on sale sell outs?
    while we wish we could. we have never been able to guarantee tickets to every fan club member. we try and be clear as possible.

I get that, I think we all get that.

But this was a pretty bad screw up, surely between now and next year there is something that can be arranged. It's not like the people you are talking to are casual fans. Some of us spend thousands of dollars following the band across the world...
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    what about, those that bought seating tickets is there any chance for an upgrade to better seats. should the 10c have arranged to leave a block empty for this if not??
    we cannot upgrade your seats but we are working on early entry wristband per the post on the pj.com news section
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Question: So, What Now?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    skanji32 wrote:
    Would love to get an update on the PJ20 LE BluRay that Cameron Crowe spoke to you about 2 weeks ago.

Is it time for us who missed the opportunity to buy to move on, or are you looking at alternative options. We've got a 500+ user petition going on, not sure if you heard. Just a yes or no answer would be great.

Cameron Crowe told me directly "your voices will be heard"...just want to follow-up.

what part of "EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE" didnt you understand?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Will the Band add another couple of Fan Club Only Shows? -- that would be sublime and I am sure all would be enormously grateful.
    have not even had time to address this idea yet
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Isn't this a Euro tix forum discussion? Why do people think that they need to press their own agendas on their own selfish problems?
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    I feel sometimes we are given 1/2 truths about touring info.....like as an American I feel tempted to go to Europe but when I do I know a US tour will be announced. Could this info be given out in a more timely manner? Why in this band's 20th anniversary have they not hit their home city?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

:lol: I was thinking the same thing.
    I want to know how will you compensate this? Will you?
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Do you think that the growing rift in many fans' eyes between Pearl Jam / Ten Club is a problem? Isn't this a PJ management issue?
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Leeze wrote:
    we would never assume that we would automatically get to two shows.... sometimes we don't get there.

Hang on a minute....

In 2006 I think it was, You announced a 5 show tour of Australia, with 10C tickets to one show in each City.

Melbourne #2 went on public sale with no announcement to the fans, or anyone 10 minutes before Melbourne #1.

Surely you must have some idea...especially with a 12 hour lag in time as was the case with Manchester.
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    Perhaps a suggestion rather than a question. Wouldn't it be an option to be able to buy only 1 10C ticket ... seems like people are always swapping tickets anyway. It might free up some more tickets for other fans ...

Thanks for doing this.
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

:lol::lol: There is always one dunkman...
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    dunkman wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

Good post

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me...
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Will you tell us who the saboteur is when the investigation is complete and any plans to change the presale method based on member seniority such as breaking us into groups to buy at a certain time or certain day?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Please address why it took more than 24 hours for 10C to issue any sort of statement regarding the ticketing issue. This is a huge point.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    what will Pearl Jam do to make sure events like this week don't happen again?

Why was the 2nd date for Manchester not announced by Pearl Jam?

Will 10C add something to the membership as a way of saying sorry for how they have handled things this week? I.e 30 hours to response to the fans

Thanks

Ian

you know what...? i am very sorry. but i can't really answer the rest if i don't know or understand what exactly has happened. when and if we do... you will be the second to know.
    kc
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 950
    my friend managed to get tickets to the 2nd Manchester show as I couldnt. Im in the 10c and he isnt. Will I be able to get the early entry wristband when we turn up?
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:

Hi Kelly

Can you please explain how the second night works? Is it an automatic thing ie if the first night sells out in a certain timeframe night 2 comes online?
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    what about, those that bought seating tickets is there any chance for an upgrade to better seats. should the 10c have arranged to leave a block empty for this if not??
    we cannot upgrade your seats but we are working on early entry wristband per the post on the pj.com news section

i understand you can't, so if something like this ever happens again, do you think it would be possible to keep a block empty so that upgrades can be possible, probably on a first come basis. so that 10c members can get the benifits they pay for???

thanks for doing this.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    edited December 2011
    :arrow:
    Post edited by PillowPants on
This discussion has been closed.