Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    I understand the timedifferance and all, but how can you send out an e-mail, and now this Q and A, in the middle of the night for us Europeans? This way it seems only longer before we got awnsers.....
    cheers
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Isn't this a Euro tix forum discussion? Why do people think that they need to press their own agendas on their own selfish problems?
    And posts like these (two from you on this page) are cluttering up this thread to actually get answers.

Just ignore the non-euro stuff as I'm sure everyone else will.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Why don't bands even larger than PJ have these fanclub ticketing problems? (Bruce, Petty, Phish, DMB)
  • Options
    Hey Kelly,
    why the band will not play next summer in italy, portugal, spain and greece?

economic crisis is going to strike our passion for the music?
  • Options
    evo wrote:
    Thanks for taking the time to come on and answer our questions.

What assurances did Crowdsurge give that they could cope with the pre-sale?

What evidence to you have that the pre-sale was targeted by an outside party?

Whats the point of paying the annual fee, with one of the major selling points being that we will get tickets before the 'general public' if at the first sign of problems with the pre-sale you ditch it and put all the remaining tickets back to the general sale?

Not really a pre-sale question but why do you never book any shows in Scotland?
    their track record and history is/was outstanding for comparable artist
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Was anyone in this lineup a suspect of the sabotage?

nickelback.jpg
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    tickets sales have been a nightmare in recent years Have you been aware of this? And How will pearl jam and ten club handle ticket sales in the future?
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    edited December 2011
    please don't be a politician Kelly. The two most pertinent questions needing answered (and mentioned at least 6 times on this thread alone) are:-

1. why was there a 30 hour delay before releasing information?

2. Why was there absolutely no offical announcement of a second show? As the bands manager are you trying to tell us you have no idea a 2nd night was scheduled and could therefore offer a heads up to the thousands of tenclubbers who got shut out of the 1st night crowdsurge pre-sale?

personally the lack of free flowing information is insulting... we are all into other bands and acts... all of these other bands that i love (Arcade Fire, Raconteurs, Midlake, etc) never let a ticket agency announce a 2nd date. that's the domain of the act and the management of that act... why was there NO announcement of a 2nd night?
    Post edited by dunkman on
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    is it just a case of too much traffic overwhelming the server? whether it be crowdsurge or 10c?

or is it not even known if that is the problem?
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
    Reminder Please respect topic integrity. Thank you
  • Options
    kelly

as a very avid collector can i have a glow in the dark pj20...i cant afford to buy one..

please please pleassssssssssse
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Will the Band add another couple of Fan Club Only Shows? -- that would be sublime and I am sure all would be enormously grateful.
    have not even had time to address this idea yet

Ha! they need to sell tickets to that, and it seems like they have no way of doing this at the moment!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Question: Why did it take so long for the 10C to communicate with fans about what was occurring regarding the recent European pre-sale? The fans waited for over 24 hours without hearing anything and Crowdsurge indicated that that they were also waiting for information from Pearl jam's camp.
    it took us that long to get the information ourselves.
  • Options
    what about, those that bought seating tickets is there any chance for an upgrade to better seats. should the 10c have arranged to leave a block empty for this if not??
    we cannot upgrade your seats but we are working on early entry wristband per the post on the pj.com news section

i understand you can't, so if something like this ever happens again, do you think it would be possible to keep a block empty so that upgrades can be possible, probably on a first come basis. so that 10c members can get the benifits they pay for???

thanks for doing this.

Let's just hope this does not happen ever again...
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,583
    Why are you, after 20 years of doing this, still so badly organized??? You charge us 50$ a year. You should be more responsible for your deeds. Sometimes we feel like you don't care,..
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Kelly,

Thank you for taking time to talk to us and everything you and the band (and yes the 10 club) have done for fans!

Can we please use ticketmaster? The Canadian tour pre-sale went really well on TM earlier this year, it would be great if all the pre-sales went that well. We have heard that some credit cards had problems with crowd surge because it's not located in the US. It would be a disaster if the same thing happened during for the US leg.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    kelly

as a very avid collector can i have a glow in the dark pj20...i cant afford to buy one..

please please pleassssssssssse

A new Low Kevin lol
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    Mr. Curtis- I appreciate your willingness to listen and respond to the core base...

the ticketing issues did not just suddenly arise with this sale, in fact, there have been issues with ticket sales for several years...the responses from the 10c seem to be "stuff happens"...or no response at all...or, "so many people trying to get a small number of tickets, sorry"...but we are talking about multiple sales, over at least 6 years that have been disastrous...

my questions:

Does the band know about the numerous ticket sale fiascos that have taken place over the past years, and why was it not a concern until now?

Can you and the band implement a more "open" line of communication between the 10c and the fans/forums?...it seems like there is a very strict policy of any release of infomation by moderators...when they are the closest to the fan base and can easily clear up misconceptions and falsities...

How is information passed from band management to 10c management...official press release? email? phone call? snail mail letter?

Who is responsible for updating the website, and why is there no consistency in respect to when items are released and the announment of such releases?
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Looking back at my 'Order History' tickets were a breeze to get in 2000 and 2003....what changed? Is there any accountability in the 10 Club operation?
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Can PJ get over the Ticketmaster debacle from the 90's and move on now? Pre-sales have been disastrous and I don't see why they couldn't leave it to the professionals to handle such affairs? We deserve an organization that can cope with PJ's demand given that it us who put them and keep them where they are now. Do the band know how bad the ticketing fiasco is?
    yes we worked with tm in canada.. it is not an option in all places in the world
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Sea wrote:
    Reminder Please respect topic integrity. Thank you

This
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 325
    Sawyer wrote:
    Looking back at my 'Order History' tickets were a breeze to get in 2000 and 2003....what changed? Is there any accountability in the 10 Club operation?
    Probably because they were huge tours. Not as many dates now.
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I am one of most of my friends who have been in Ten Club since the early to mid nineties and who missed out last Tuesday with the Crowdsurge presale. After two sleepless nights and being a danger driving to work and not really productive either, I still managed to get some seats and some standings for two of the concerts we had plans for. But I am really nervous now for tomorrow's presale, because it is the only chance and about half the world seems to want to see them in my country. My main complaint is the total lack of communication. So here are my questions:

- why did you decide to stop it instead of still giving people a chance to get through?
    - why did all 6 concerts go for sale at the same time?
    - why not give local fans priority for their home concerts?
    - why did you not use the same companies that are used for the general sales?
    - was there a plan B in case this would happen?
    - if not, why not?
    - why can not all presales be in weekends so people don't have to cancel meetings and take hours or days off?
    - why were you so strict with the renewal date, even though some people had technical problems that made them be too late?
    - why all the hurry and the short times between the announcement, the Ten Club sale and the regular ones?
    - were you aware of all the people who could not sleep from Tuesday to Thursday because they did not get any news and needed to keep watching?
    - how many Ten Club members are there?
    - and why did you still not send out a tweet or a Facebook message when you knew about the second Manchester?
    - are any other second shows planned?
    - will we get any sort of compensation for missed tickets and time?
    - do you read from fans on other places than the official forum?

and I have a lot more questions but I don't want to flood you ;).

thanks, and groetjes from the Netherlands,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Who booked them for a second night if not you?
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Who booked them for a second night if not you?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Better Dan wrote:
    Question: Why did it take so long for the 10C to communicate with fans about what was occurring regarding the recent European pre-sale? The fans waited for over 24 hours without hearing anything and Crowdsurge indicated that that they were also waiting for information from Pearl jam's camp.
    it took us that long to get the information ourselves.

I don't understand. What information? That you thought it "might" be sabotage? Your statement read like it had been vetted by a lawyer. Was that the reason for the delay?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    Is our personal information safe? Do we need to be worried about our credit card information?
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    IS THE TICKETING ISSUE FIXED FROM HERE ON OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the past few years buying tickets through 10c has honestly drove me up a wall ..... and im close to taking my TICKET PURCHASES else where.

THANKS KELLY
    don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I think the overall idea with ticket sales on tenclub's site is great. However, it seems to be an IT issue has affected the last few tour onsales.

Do you have professionals working on your backend to insure technology is up to date and has enough capacity? Do you think you had a breach in security?
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    Duncs wrote:
    Is our personal information safe? Do we need to be worried about our credit card information?

THIS :o
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
This discussion has been closed.