Options

Poster Addicts Unite!!!!

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Maybe I am on the road to recovery then, as I had NO interest in either MSG and refrained....I AM HEALED!!!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,200
    My name is Joe, and I'm a poster addict.
    It started on Labor Day weekend 1993, at a gas station in the desert town of George, Washington. I was with a friend, on the way to The Gorge to see Pearl Jam play with Blind Melon and Neil Young. We stopped for gas. Tapped to the inside of the dusty window was a massive poster promoting the show, featuring the portrait of an American Indian named Thomas High Bear in front of a town American flag. This was the first time I saw Kozik's High Bear poster. I asked the station owner if I could have it. He laughed and said he planned to keep it. It took me 13 years to convince my wife to let me spend the money to buy one for our home. Unsigned and numbered, a promotional copy just like the one in that window.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1572/66021

I now have 36 pages on expresso beans.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Maybe I am on the road to recovery then, as I had NO interest in either MSG and refrained....I AM HEALED!!!! :D

its just false hope my friend...you are never really healed
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    its just false hope my friend...you are never really healed

Thanks for the vote of confidence....I am going to go on a poster bender now...;)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    im out of the poster game for right now cause ive been busy saving for a european trip... ive made a promise to myself not to buy a poster til next summer... my first poster and show was chicago '03 and its been pretty frantic since then... on a students budget so i cant afford as many as id like, but i have a good size collection and many of them in quality frames so i consider myself lucky... the last poster i got was boston II '08 (traded my philly '06) and itll probably be the last i get for awhile unless i find someone willing to trade for a santa barbara '03 (the next one i NEEEED)... id say i probably have about 40 posters... half of which are framed

i justify it all because im not much of a drinker and dont do any other drugs
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:

i justify it all because im not much of a drinker and dont do any other drugs

Whatever helps you sleep at night my friend, whatever helps you sleep! ;)

• Options
    double post...delete..

• Options
    Again, didnt even THINK about logging in for the MSG today. I think I am well on my way to recovery, that's TWO IN A ROW I have passed on!!.......;)

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,863
    yeah wahatever King!!!!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Again, didnt even THINK about logging in for the MSG today. I think I am well on my way to recovery, that's TWO IN A ROW I have passed on!!.......;)

:rolleyes:

We'll be here for ya if (and when) you fall off the wagon ;)

Proud of ya king....keep it up!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I have 7 beauty coming right now some from the ebay, some from the BK sale...can't wait to get them.

I hate this period when they travel I am always afraid that something can happed to them...my little posters all alone somewhere with how knows what merch.

Come to daddy!!!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    I have 7 beauty coming right now some from the ebay, some from the BK sale...can't wait to get them.

I hate this period when they travel I am always afraid that something can happed to them...my little posters all alone somewhere with how knows what merch.

Come to daddy!!!

OK I think you have the biggest problem ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    I just bought the MSG2 and now I cant wait to get to the show on Sat to get more .....I have a tube ,elastics....plastic rain cover........
    ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    yeah wahatever King!!!!

Ok...So I have a question....If I do not purchase the poster, and someone gets one for me.....Does this still effect my "clean and retired" status. Got a call from a friend of mine late last night that he picked me one up from the 8-7 show. UNSOLICITED...I also recieved a very nice UNSOLICITED pm from a board member here that asked me if I would like to have a poster from the show they were attending?

This doesnt count right? ;)

• Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    :rolleyes:

We'll be here for ya if (and when) you fall off the wagon ;)

Proud of ya king....keep it up!

Good to know I have friends who will catch me......Although with this group, I am pretty sure once I start to fall, everyone will scatter and I will hit the groud with a big THUD!! :D

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,863
    you know you have a problem when after an night out spending £80 on beer, you start thinking what posters that could have paid for with that money....

or you start comparing prices of things to posters you want.....wierd
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I just added the Eddie poster last night.... just one more to my collection. This is really getting re-god-damn-diculous at this point. Its a good thing that I don't have much money or I would have a ton more with nowhere to hang them. I know people have more than me out there and god bless you, I don't know how you do it. I met a guy the other day that has not only show posters(from almost every band he has seen) but official photos from the photogs as well. When I say photos I mean he has 16x20's from photogs Clinch,Peterson,Mercer,Gruen, Diltz, Mankowitz etc... He has this stuff all over the place.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Ok...So I have a question....If I do not purchase the poster, and someone gets one for me.....Does this still effect my "clean and retired" status. Got a call from a friend of mine late last night that he picked me one up from the 8-7 show. UNSOLICITED...I also recieved a very nice UNSOLICITED pm from a board member here that asked me if I would like to have a poster from the show they were attending?

hahah.............oh it counts allright.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    I have a couple of Mint Condition posters I am willing to trade..
    I have

Sydney 06
    Newark 08
    Columbus 03
    Tampa 06
    Ottawa 05
    Camden 03
    Bruce Springsteen Giants Stadium 08

I am looking for
    MSG (any year)
    East Rutherford 98
    East Rutherford 06
    Merri Weather Post 96 98
    Camden 08 00 06
    Penn St 03
    Reading 04
    Atlantic City 05
    Albany 06

PM if you are interested.
    All Posters are mint, in Tubes..
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    pdalowsky wrote:
    you know you have a problem when after an night out spending £80 on beer, you start thinking what posters that could have paid for with that money....

or you start comparing prices of things to posters you want.....wierd
    haha sooo true.... it works both ways though... i used to justify buying a poster cause i didnt go out one night or i worked a double shift so technically i paid for that poster in one day... its always nicer to have something that lasts instead of drinks

oh and im looking to trade my S/N BK Copenhagen if anyone is interested... im really looking for a santa barbara '03 but i could entertain other offers... PM me
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i need boston 5/25/06, vfc 9/28/04 and lolla 2007!

help meeee
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    jumpincat wrote:
    I have a couple of Mint Condition posters I am willing to trade..
    I have

Sydney 06
    Newark 08
    Columbus 03
    Tampa 06
    Ottawa 05
    Camden 03
    Bruce Springsteen Giants Stadium 08

I am looking for
    MSG (any year)
    East Rutherford 98
    East Rutherford 06
    Merri Weather Post 96 98
    Camden 08 00 06
    Penn St 03
    Reading 04
    Atlantic City 05
    Albany 06

PM if you are interested.
    All Posters are mint, in Tubes..

This is a thread to HELP people RID themselves of a disease my friend. Please dont peddle your crack here....;)

• Options
    Good to know I have friends who will catch me......Although with this group, I am pretty sure once I start to fall, everyone will scatter and I will hit the groud with a big THUD!! :D

Who said anything about catching ya, we'll all just scramble to grab your posters when you're down ;)

Seriously tho, Easy St is defo the last poster I'm buying this year (and cause I missed out on an MSG2 one) :rolleyes:

Come'on king n pdalowsky lets hit the bar :D I'm buying
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397

If anyone wants to buy me poster at shows, I will definitely paypal them back! PM ME!!!!
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    So I think I am cured. Even though I could have easily, I didn't buy an Ed poster on Saturday or one of those mystery poster subscriptions.

I am going underground from the poster hoopla for a while I think. At this point, I think I am set with what I have.

See you in the framed poster thread sometime soon.

Free at last! Free at last! Thank god I'm free at last!!
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    no addict here. as with most things, i simply need parameters. i never got posters when i first started going to liv shows, mostly b/c i had no idea they existed. :o then, i did see a few at some shows, but honestly not too impressed. also, knowing my personality i didn't want to embark on something i knew i would need to 'complete' and keep up, etc. my first poster purchases were for friends. many of em. i bought every poster from my 2005 tour: the gorge, vancouver, calgary and edmonton, all for friends. the gorge 2005 was the first poster i REALLY considered keeping for myself b/c i really, really liked it. but i promised to buy it for a friend, and i did. never thought about it much after that really.

my 'poster downfall' came in 2006 and the italian tour. a friend from here - damn you bathy ;)...asked if i would pick up a poster for him. i said IF i could in verona - the only non-GA show - i would, and i would do my best to take care of it, etc, but he had to take it no matter what. he agreed. in werona it was soooo EASY to get a poster. i saw it, and it was for ALL 5 shows, such a simple image, yet sooo beautiful to me. i bought 2. :o i figured the italian tour was 'special'......just have ONE poster, especially since when would i ever return to europe for shows. :p haha. that was it. i brought my poster home, immeidately had it frmed, and have loved it since.

if NOT for the euro 2007 tour, i might've been able to stop myself with that one poster. :) the 'joke' was on me, pj decided to return to europe the very next year, i could swing the trip, and off i went again...for 3 shows. posters are sooo EASY to get in europe, especially with 10c tix early entry. i easily got london and dusseldorf at the shows. the only poster i missed was the nijmegen b/c my friend thought it too fugly to purchase, and i was unwilling at that point to possibly relinquish my spot on the rail. so....required an aftermarket purchase. once i bought that london poster, i KNEW at that point, that's IT....i AM colllecting all the posters from shows i've attended. that was the defining moment. i don't *love* every poster i own, but i love most....and i love every show/memory. there are a few that i think are truly beautiful that i don't own, but i KNOW it would be 'too much' for me to start buying posters on aesthetics alone, i NEED those parameters.

i have plenty of my OWN artwork in my own home....and i love art in general, so yea...had no 'need' to get all caught up in this, haha. however, i really do enjoy all my posters, they are all on display. i will NOT buy another poster until i see another pearl jam show, and it works for me.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    no addict here. as with most things, i simply need parameters. i never got posters when i first started going to liv shows, mostly b/c i had no idea they existed. then, i did see a few at some shows, but honestly not too impressed. also, knowing my personality i didn't want to embark on something i knew i would need to 'complete' and keep up, etc. my first poster purchases were for friends. many of em. i bought every poster from my 2005 tour: the gorge, vancouver, calgary and edmonton, all for friends. the gorge 2005 was the first poster i REALLY considered keeping for myself b/c i really, really liked it. but i promised to buy it for a friend, and i did. never thought about it much after that really.

my 'poster downfall' came in 2006 and the italian tour. a friend from here - damn you bathy ;)...asked if i would pick up a poster for him. i said IF i could in verona - the only non-GA show - i would, and i would do my best to take care of it, etc, but he had to take it no matter what. he agreed. in werona it was soooo EASY to get a poster. i saw it, and it was for ALL 5 shows, such a simple image, yet sooo beautiful to me. i bought 2. :o i figured the italian tour was 'special'......just have ONE poster, especially since when would i ever return to europe for shows. :p haha. that was it. i brought my poster home, immeidately had it frmed, and have loved it since.

if NOT for the euro 2007 tour, i might've been able to stop myself with that one poster. :) the 'joke' was on me, pj decided to return to europe the very next year, i could swing the trip, and off i went again...for 3 shows. posters are sooo EASY to get in europe, especially with 10c tix early entry. i easily got london and dusseldorf at the shows. the only poster i missed was the nijmegen b/c my friend thought it too fugly to purchase, and i was unwilling at that point to possibly relinquish my spot on the rail. so....required an aftermarket purchase. once i bought that london poster, i KNEW at that point, that's IT....i AM colllecting all the posters from shows i've attended. that was the defining moment. i don't *love* every poster i own, but i love most....and i love every show/memory. there are a few that i think are truly beautiful that i don't own, but i KNOW it would be 'too much' for me to start buying posters on aesthetics alone, i NEED those parameters.

i have plenty of my OWN artwork in my own home....and i love art in general, so yea...had no 'need' to get all caught up in this, haha. however, i really do enjoy all my posters, they are all on display. i will NOT buy another poster until i see another pearl jam show, and it works for me.

just wait ;) that bug will gnaw away at ya!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Irish Al wrote:
    just wait ;) that bug will gnaw away at ya!

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    :D

never gonna let that happen!
    as it is my display space is chock full...gotta finish that basement! :p

seriously, as i said....parameters. it truly works for me.
    i leave my addictive personality for other fun things...;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    got my first poster at Randalls Island, NY 9-28-96... then started to buy them at shows as I saw them... I used to collect tour books as i was growing up seeing shows... however, you dont see to many tour books any longer. When i found ebay... i saw a post for 3 posters from one seller... i won the auction for $40... i got, Ft. Lauderdale 10-7-96, South Carolina 96 and another Randalls Island 96... i was thrilled... and since then, i have collected a ton of posters from the shows i have seen as well as shows that i can get my hands on.... I currently have almost 100 posters...im not very picky as to what i buy... i will buy posters on price sometimes, and sometimes i just really want a print. I am currently in search of a Portland 06 in the worst way... i know they exist, i know they arent too expensive, just havent got to it yet...

if anyone can help...please PM me.

and that is my story....
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    :D

After seeing the Chicago poster, I decided I would be back in the game for a day or two! ;)

If there is anyone going to the show tonight that would be nice enough to pick me up one of the poster that ed helped design, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :D