Options

Poster Addicts Unite!!!!

Comments

• Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I fed the beast tonight, 5 more to my name.

P.S. If anyone wants to pick me up any Ed posters or the new Zippo......pm me :D!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    strummers wrote:
    I fed the beast tonight, 5 more to my name.

P.S. If anyone wants to pick me up any Ed posters or the new Zippo......pm me :D!

This is not the place to seek your fix my friend, this is a place for help. Put the credit card down and slowly back away...come on....you can do it....:D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,863
    I think I'm now past help
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I just shelled out $500 on easy st....just couldn't resist....my pregnant wife was a bit shocked :eek:

I have a very bad addiction :o

But absolutely over the moon that I got an easy st...thanks BK :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al, theres been a mix up at Klausen HQ, he's justb emailed me to tell me that the one you got was secured in error and hes actually already reserved it for me!!

My Pregnant wife had a job on consoling me missing out....she does think I'm off my box though

erm, if by some miracle you hate it, I'll take it off your hands :)
  • Options
    AWESOME THREAD!

I too have a problem collecting posters and can't stop. I can't remember my first one, but it started with:

Minneapolis 98
    Oakland 97 S/N
    Live on two legs Kozik 98 S/N

all of which I obtained for the lowest price after their original price. I am very proud of that.

Then, on to:

All the 03 posters of the shows I attended
    All the VFC posters (including the war bird) -3 from the NEOCON series (I don't even know what 3 I am missing. Their all over the f ing place)
    All the 06 shows I attended

And the ones I didn't:

DC
    Dusseldorf
    And many more

All the Eddie solo posters

Too many to list. Get the picture. It's a problem and that's just Pearl Jam. I collect other bands too, but not extensively.

I can't stop. Next is the Eddie East coast tour.

My girlfriend says I have a house under my bed (meaning if I sold them I could probably buy a nice place).

It's out of hand to the point that I realize I have a problem and want to minimize the whole collecting thing all together. The real issue is that I am somewhere missing something from within and filling the void with this collecting obsession.
  • Options
    this is very nicely put!!
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    We only buy posters of shows we have attended. We can even buy only the first show's poster if the second is just a different color; like Seattle 2002. Even with this restraint we have a bunch that are not even on the walls.
    Hold On
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Just. Say. No.

Jamily Posters are stupid. Ed and his entourage are drinking Grey Goose & laughing all the way to the bank.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Just. Say. No.

Jamily Posters are stupid. Ed and his entourage are drinking Grey Goose & laughing all the way to the bank.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to find this and make ths response....Fully EXPECTED and WELCOMED all at the same time....Sit, pop open a Natty Light and show us your ways. Show us how you can "just say no" to this addctive acid paper we seek! ;)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    what are the odds that anyone can recommend a framer in houston?
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Irish Al wrote:
    I just shelled out $500 on easy st....just couldn't resist....my pregnant wife was a bit shocked :eek:

I have a very bad addiction :o

But absolutely over the moon that I got an easy st...thanks BK :D

Sold My Easystreet for over $600. Had got laid off and needed to pay some biils. Hated doing it, but wasn't huge fan of art on it really. Still better than any Ames Bros.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    was that the one recently on ebay?
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    Sold My Easystreet for over $600. Had got laid off and needed to pay some biils. Hated doing it, but wasn't huge fan of art on it really. Still better than any Ames Bros.

I HATE THIS FUCKING economy. I hate seeing good people having to give up something like that to make the bills even if you didnt like it..sucks that you couldnt have traded it for something you DID like......Sorry about that...:(

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Irish Al, theres been a mix up at Klausen HQ, he's justb emailed me to tell me that the one you got was secured in error and hes actually already reserved it for me!!

My Pregnant wife had a job on consoling me missing out....she does think I'm off my box though

erm, if by some miracle you hate it, I'll take it off your hands

If I hate it, its yours for what I paid $1500 (Brad charges a ton for international shipping ;))

Lizardking wrote:

Thats shit, sorry to hear :( I think it really puts things in perspective when we get pissed off about missing out on posters etc, at the end of the day as long as we can pay the bills and feed our families then thats all that matters. And "we're" the ones who put politicians in charge of our countries :rolleyes:

Be strong ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Ha, nice one Al, sure you'll love it....I'll get one one day I'm sure....
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Ha, nice one Al, sure you'll love it....I'll get one one day I'm sure....

:cool:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    aye, its one extremely cool fucking poster.....you are a lucky guy
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    P - Pearl jam!
    O - OMG SICK!! I need that poster!
    S - SALE!!!! Poster sale!! AAAHH.. F5 F5 F5!!
    T - Temporarily out of stock..
    E - Ebay!
    R - Regret.. can't pay rent... World falls apart!

*waits for next poster sale...........
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    he he he he he he he he
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,200
    Lizardking wrote:

I felt bad for you, King, until that last statement. If it wasn't for Ames Bros and some of the cool-ass posters from the 90's, there would be no PJ posters.
    Hell, I still feel bad for you, but what an ignorant comment.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    P - Pearl jam!
    O - OMG SICK!! I need that poster!
    S - SALE!!!! Poster sale!! AAAHH.. F5 F5 F5!!
    T - Temporarily out of stock..
    E - Ebay!
    R - Regret.. can't pay rent... World falls apart!

*waits for next poster sale...........

That was funny.....I especially like the the "T"...hahaha

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    my name is Petrocs and Im....an addict....its been 1 week since my last purchase...it gets harder and harder everyday...one day you think "I can do this! I wont buy a poster today" and the next minute..there it is..staring right at you...Ebay...Klausen sale...Ames Bros sale..EMEK...someone offers someone a trade on the forum...ARGH!!! Did I just...spend...$200...for...a...piece...of...paper...with...a...weird...monster..on...it! where am I going to put it? in my daughters room? do I take down one of my other posters? do I buy 98% UV protected glass for this one? americanframe.com! no..wait...Michaels? AC Moore? whos faster????? I need it up so I can stare at it! Its a struggle...my fiance says I havent been eating..
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    its been 5 minutes since my last poster purchase :(
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Mine first started with the Edmonton 05 that sennin sold me. It had creases that I knew of to begin with so then I searched for a poster without creases and after getting each beatiful tube case and looking forward to the gem that was inside, I just cant stop.
    My lady doesnt like it but appreciates it.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Mine first started with the Edmonton 05 that sennin sold me. It had creases that I knew of to begin with so then I searched for a poster without creases and after getting each beatiful tube case and looking forward to the gem that was inside, I just cant stop.
    My lady doesnt like it but appreciates it.

Yea...I am STILL not speaking to the fucker that got me hooked!! ;)

• Options
    petrocs wrote:
    its been 5 minutes since my last poster purchase :(
    Very true...sad....but true...I'm in the same boat now with the NY II coming out tomorrow.
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it...

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    I cannot stop
    I bought the MSG I even though I dont like it.
    I needed it because I was there.
    I have a problem.
    I would pay dearly for a BK toronto.
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I bought one today, waiting to hear back on another before I sent the cheque and I can hopefully get my sullied fingers on the yorker tomorrow
    :D
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009