DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    ^December 26

Don't forget the boys on Letterman tonight
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    DewieCox wrote:
    ^December 26

I won't for sure.. about time they get some recognition.. it's always the beatles and the stones that get all the honors.. about time they get their rightful place in history.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    tumblr_megmy7LgUO1qen12oo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DewieCox wrote:
    ^December 26

That reminds me. Have to set the DVR for tonight.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    tumblr_megmy7LgUO1qen12oo1_500.jpg
    "Tell me: what really happened with the shark?"
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    DewieCox wrote:
    ^December 26

hope theres some sort of Q & A
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    ^December 26

they're not performing so yea
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    igotid88 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    ^December 26

they're not performing so yea

weird the commercials made it look like they were playing.

that sucks.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Kid Rock? Really? That was the best they could get?

Ah come on. Kid Rock is a very talented and multi dimensional musician. He can play almost every instrument out there and has a broad range of musical abilities and genres. He gets a bad rap from people because of his rap/rock beginnings, but I think he is a really talented guy. His interview on Howard a few weeks ago was really good too

Hey now, no room in a Led Zeppelin thread for defending Kid Rock. He's had plenty of other missteps besides his rap rock beginnings. I will give him props for being a really talented dude, though.

Zep on Letterman last night was awesome. Wish they would've had the whole show, but John Krasinski was pretty awesome/nerdy given them props and a great follow up. Love JPJ gettin the seat closest to Dave. Seemed like a bit of a peace offering from Page and Plant for the stuff in the 90s(not that it was needed) and he was pretty funny. Loved his "how many no's do you want" line. Wish Letterman wasn't so scattered and could do a follow up question.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Fucking best rock band ever without a doubt i get goose bumps just thinking about the two shows i saw the anticipation leading up to the shows i haven't felt since no band made me feel that way before a show ....and no drummer has ever reproduced the drumming of Good times Bad times !!!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ...no drummer has ever reproduced the drumming of Good times Bad times !!!!!

That's VERY accurate! Incredible!
  • Options
    Anybody pick up this months RS if you haven't please do so ....
  • Options
    I did and started reading the interview. Haven't finished it yet. The band is on the latest issue of Mojo. Got it last Thursday at B&N.
  • Options
    ...no drummer has ever reproduced the drumming of Good times Bad times !!!!!

That's VERY accurate! Incredible!
    Those damn triplets!
  • Options
    Fucking best rock band ever without a doubt i get goose bumps just thinking about the two shows i saw the anticipation leading up to the shows i haven't felt since no band made me feel that way before a show ....and no drummer has ever reproduced the drumming of Good times Bad times !!!!!
    Extremely jealous.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Extremely jealous.

Dude i get so sad just thinking about how bad Page & Jones wanted to tour again but Plant was never on board , like i said to this day i haven't felt that same feeling they were true rock gods back then ...
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Extremely jealous.

Dude i get so sad just thinking about how bad Page & Jones wanted to tour again but Plant was never on board , like i said to this day i haven't felt that same feeling they were true rock gods back then ...
    Me too, man, me too. I would have taken out a loan from the bank to pay for tickets to see them on tour. I would also like to hear some of the stuff they came up with after the reunion show that Page was talking about in the interview.
  • Options

Still wondering how the hell rs left Achilles off of there top 40 LZ songs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists ... e-20121107
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Me too, man, me too. I would have taken out a loan from the bank to pay for tickets to see them on tour. I would also like to hear some of the stuff they came up with after the reunion show that Page was talking about in the interview.

Page is supposedly gearing up for an album and some live shows. Hopefully gets JPJ involved.
  • Options

Still wondering how the hell rs left Achilles off of there top 40 LZ songs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists ... e-20121107
    :fp:
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Page is supposedly gearing up for an album and some live shows. Hopefully gets JPJ involved.
    That would be great if JPJ gets involved. Won't be he working on Them Crooked Vultures, though?
  • Options
    Speaking of Rolling Stone, I've been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks: I've seen comments on Facebook and Rolling Stone's site where there are articles where they praise Zepp, people will leave comments saying stuff like, "Rolling Stone is only praising Zepp now to make up for what they wrote in the '70s." Stuff like that. What got me thinking was those were completely different writers when Zeppelin was around and the writers of Rolling Stone now are people who grew up listening and loving Zeppelin.

Do any of you think those comments are fair?
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Newch91 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

That would be great if JPJ gets involved. Won't be he working on Them Crooked Vultures, though?

I don't know if Dave Grohl is going to have any time anytime soon.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Maybe... I know QOTSA was recording in August... I assume their album, which I'm sure is going to be sick (Dave Grohl, Nick Oliveri, and Trent Reznor are involved), has got to be coming out soon. Then I'm sure they'll tour the hell out of it.

Could be a while before more Them Crooked Vultures.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    True story: My dad got kicked out of a bar in NYC with Robert Plant & Jimmy Page in the '70s. He was a badass. The dude is missed.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    True story: My dad got kicked out of a bar in NYC with Robert Plant & Jimmy Page in the '70s. He was a badass. The dude is missed.
    Badass