Options

***Official Led Zeppelin Thread***

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    bluegrace wrote:
    Now I have to go listen to Led Zep, been a while but I always return.

this
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Video of today's press conference announcing the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iGxjV2S ... e=youtu.be
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    Newch91 wrote:
    Video of today's press conference announcing the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iGxjV2S ... e=youtu.be

Was great to see the 3 together again, was surprised that Jason Bonham wasnt there, seeing as he was such a big part of the O2 show.

Also, some of the questions were absolutely pointless. I love Rory Gallagher, but why that guy had to ask Jimmy Page about him, I have no idea. It was meant to be a press conference to promote the Celebration Day film, not a "ask Jimmy Page your dream question" situation.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    32 years ago today RIP Bonzo

tumblr_m6yzfyffb51qjlx98o1_500.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

Best ever in the rock world if you tally up originality, skill and influence. Most drummers are still trying to catch up with what he did 40 years ago.
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

Has it really been 32 yrs.... RIP
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Best ever in the rock world if you tally up originality, skill and influence. Most drummers are still trying to catch up with what he did 40 years ago.
    He had a heavy foot. Drummers after him still can't do what he did with his right foot. That's amazes me most about his playing.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options

The best ever. Rip
  • Options
    Edrock78 wrote:

The best ever. Rip
    Still remember the exact moment when the world dimmed.
    Hard to believe it's been 32 years. RIP
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,388
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    dufferduffer Posts: 135
    DewieCox wrote:

Could of oiled that pedal you can hear squeaking in Since Ive been loving you though ;)
    Sat drinking wine
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I think the song "Ten Years Gone" is a testament to the greatness that is Zeppelin.

Unbelievable song.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I think the song "Ten Years Gone" is a testament to the greatness that is Zeppelin.

Unbelievable song.
    :thumbup: My favorite Zep song and Page solo.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    anyone else looking forward to seeing Celebration Day @ the theater this evening? 8-)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    prism wrote:
    anyone else looking forward to seeing Celebration Day @ the theater this evening? 8-)

Waiting very impatiently for my husband to get home & shower so we can GO!!!!!
    Cripe, I'm almost as giddy as if it were a real concert. 8-)
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Saw "Celebration Day" tonight. Thought the cinematography was really impressive, especially the close-ups of Jimmy Page's guitar work. Awesome to see so many different angles. Now, can't wait for the DVD/CD! :D
  • Options
    i thought it was awesome! better than i was expecting. i agree the cinematography was excellent.

imo it was even better than TSRTS.

it'll be fun to see it again on dvd...tho i'm very glad i got to see on Imax first :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    It was superb. For a group that hadnt played for 27 years, no warmup gigs and no follow-up gigs, it was pretty much nailed from the beginning. Page really loved every second of it, Jones was his usual solid understated self, and Plant sang his heart out.

Jason Bonham was brilliant from start to finish. Considering the pressure the guy must've felt before the gig, he really surpassed himself.

Absolutely brilliant film. Highlights for me - Trampled Underfoot, In My Time of Dying, For Your Life, Misty Mountain Hop.

Highly recommended to any fan of rock music.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Can't wait to watch it and listen to it when the DVD and CD comes out! Love the reviews!
  • Options
    Doesn't look like they're selling the Blu ray separately, 34 you get Blu ray of show, DVD of rehearsals not sure if its complete and a cd of show.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    IMAX must've been a wonderful auditory and visual experience.

Cant wait to see this down the road.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Newch91 wrote:
    Can't wait to watch it and listen to it when the DVD and CD comes out! Love the reviews!

Same here!!! What I wouldn't give to have been at that show :cry:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    It really was amazing even at the theatre!!!! Jimmy Page was mesmerizing as always, that man is a gift!! The only thing wrong was the theatre didn't have it loud enough. :evil: Would absolutely love to see this on IMax with surround. Deluxe Edition 2 DVD/2 CD set is available for pre-order here in Canada. Getting two, one for me & one for my Bro. We'll crank it at home for Christmas 8-)
  • Options
    It really was amazing even at the theatre!!!! Jimmy Page was mesmerizing as always, that man is a gift!! The only thing wrong was the theatre didn't have it loud enough. :evil: Would absolutely love to see this on IMax with surround. Deluxe Edition 2 DVD/2 CD set is available for pre-order here in Canada. Getting two, one for me & one for my Bro. We'll crank it at home for Christmas 8-)

after good times, bad times the audience in the IMax where we were started yelling out "CRANK IT UP" so the tech did :thumbup:

in some places it's playing again tonight and/or on different date next week depending on location. i highly recommend anyone that has a chance to catch it on the big screen DO IT! 8-)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    after good times, bad times the audience in the IMax where we were started yelling out "CRANK IT UP" so the tech did :thumbup:

in some places it's playing again tonight and/or on different date next week depending on location. i highly recommend anyone that has a chance to catch it on the big screen DO IT! 8-)

Yep, had a few calling out but alas not an IMax . I didn't think it was even going to be played here so we were pretty stoked. Had a few people chuckling when I called out 'F*#k yeah!!' after a Page solo ;)
    Love love love that man. We've seen him four times live but never as Led Zeppelin with Jones. A little tiny part of me just cannot believe they won't do this again.
    Jason Bonham was epic. He made me smile just looking at him & his love for those drums. He made us all laugh at how fricken happy he was just to be there.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Same here. Everybody was shouting to turn it up but the theatre really couldn't since there were movies playing on the other side of each wall. Of course, I think they finally obliged during the encore once the other movies let out and probably thought, "You guys want it louder? OK. Well, we're going to blow your ears out now..." because it got really loud during "Rock & Roll."

While I'd cherish the opportunity to see them live, I kinda like them leaving it right there. It was the most requested ticket in music history, they absolutely crushed it, and now everybody can see it documented. The end.
  • Options
    I saw this at the Hammersmith Apollo premiere and thought it was awesome, and great to see Page, Plant and JPJ there. They had it proper loud... honestly nearly as loud as a gig, it was incredible.

The band were on fire that night, can't understand how the hell they pulled it off after all those years and without warm-up gigs, like someone else mentioned. Step out in front of 20,000 at the O2 and do that? Ridiculous... imagine the pressure they were all under. My highlights were No Quarter, TSRTS and For Your Life.

One thing I did notice was Page dribbling a few times, I guess he got into it a bit too much :D Anyone else notice??
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    from facebook;

Led Zeppelin Official

We have been made aware that at some screenings of “Celebration Day”, there have been complaints that the sound is not loud enough. Omniverse, the film’s distributors have been working with local cinema chains to ensure that this issue is addressed urgently. However, it is a good idea to check with the cinema before the screening that they will be playing it loud!
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    JimNastics wrote:
    I saw this at the Hammersmith Apollo premiere and thought it was awesome, and great to see Page, Plant and JPJ there. They had it proper loud... honestly nearly as loud as a gig, it was incredible.

The band were on fire that night, can't understand how the hell they pulled it off after all those years and without warm-up gigs, like someone else mentioned. Step out in front of 20,000 at the O2 and do that? Ridiculous... imagine the pressure they were all under. My highlights were No Quarter, TSRTS and For Your Life.

One thing I did notice was Page dribbling a few times, I guess he got into it a bit too much :D Anyone else notice??

they had 6 weeks of rehearsals, that's how they did it.
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:

:o:lol: No, I can't say I noticed that. I think I was focused on his fingers, thank God. For being almost 70, that guy has amazingly young looking hands!!
    Highlights for me were Nobody's Fault, Since I've Been Loving You & Kashmir, my all-time favorite!!