Options

***Official Led Zeppelin Thread***

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,564
    imalive wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Loved when they cut to Yo Yo Ma rocking out.

before I knew better......I assumed yo yo ma was a rapper :shock: :lol:
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... n-20130218

After their tantalizing one-off gig in 2007, Robert Plant has hinted that he's open to a Led Zeppelin reunion next year. Speaking to Australia's version of 60 Minutes, the singer deflected the notion that he's the reason for Zeppelin's dormancy. "[Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones] are Capricorns. They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me," said Plant. "I'm not the bad guy . . . You need to see the Capricorns – I've got nothing to do in 2014."

Plant, Page and Jones reunited for one show at London's O2 Arena on December 10, 2007, with Jason Bonham drumming in place of his late father, John. Though Page and Jones were willing to tour afterwards, Plant was disinterested. Page and Jones considered finding a replacement before abandoning their plans, and their 2007 show was released as Celebration Day last year. Last November, Page spoke with Rolling Stone on the failed reunion tour, saying that Plant "was busy." The band also entered talks for a streaming music deal last month.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z2LIOV9oj3
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    29 Reasons Jimmy Page Is The Most Badass Person Alive

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/ ... rson-alive
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Houses of the Holy man - We're all houses of the holy
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Would be great if they got on a tour in 2014. I would do my utmost to see them.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    bluegrace wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no chance. I think its probably best that they leave it, at this stage. It wouldnt be cool to be touring around the world singing Whole Lotta Love at nearly aged 70.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Edved82 wrote:
    bluegrace wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no chance. I think its probably best that they leave it, at this stage. It wouldnt be cool to be touring around the world singing Whole Lotta Love at nearly aged 70.
    I have to agree. I don't want to feel like I'm seeing some shadow of what they once were.... Plus, I would be mourning John Bonham too much.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Edved82 wrote:
    bluegrace wrote:

I have to agree. I don't want to feel like I'm seeing some shadow of what they once were.... Plus, I would be mourning John Bonham too much.

Jason was surprisingly awesome at the reunion show in 2007, but if anything was ever going to happen regarding a tour/album, it would've happened then. Its too late now. It was good that they got to go out on a high though. That one show was really amazing. Love the DVD release.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    We know that Plant has his band under his name and is touring. J.P. Jones is also making music with Them Crooked Vultures from time to time. He looks very health, by the way.

Does anyone know what Jimmy Page is into? Other than showing up erratically at shows like Foo's? I could just check Wikipedia or smtg but would prefer a P-Jammer clarify this for me. :mrgreen:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    We know that Plant has his band under his name and is touring. J.P. Jones is also making music with Them Crooked Vultures from time to time. He looks very health, by the way.

Does anyone know what Jimmy Page is into? Other than showing up erratically at shows like Foo's? I could just check Wikipedia or smtg but would prefer a P-Jammer clarify this for me. :mrgreen:
    I think he is working on remastering the catalog and having deluxe editions for each album.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Happy 65th to Robert Plant
  • Options
    Happy 65th to Robert Plant
    Only 65? I thought he was older than that for some reason... but I'm glad he's not. :lol: Happy bday to him!
  • Options
    Well happy bday, Robert Plant!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Happy 65th Robbie

541773_10200533185957512_778858759_n.jpg

969636_10200533186037514_119952507_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Happy 65th Robbie

Those in attendance were very lucky.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Happy 65th Robbie

They were lucky indeed. When was this? Cool photos btw.
  • Options
    bluegrace wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Happy 65th Robbie

They were lucky indeed. When was this? Cool photos btw.
    I think it was 2005, House of Blues, Chicago (or did they do it somewhere else as well?). It kills me that I wasn't there!
  • Options
    First memory of Led Zeppelin was a dubbed copy of II on one side of a cassette and Zoso on the flip side. Pretty much wore that tape out. Song that won me over: ' When the Levee Breaks'. Favorite song: Tea For One.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://www.spinner.com/2013/01/08/elvis-birthday-famous-fans/?icid=maing-grid7|maing10|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=256012
    While Presley inspired members of Led Zeppelin years earlier, Elvis had only heard one of their songs -- "Stairway to Heaven" -- when mutual promoter Jerry Weintraub hooked Presley up with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in 1972. At Presley's Vegas suite, the meeting was initially awkward, with few words exchanged, according to Cameron Crowe, writing for the Daily Telegraph. Finally, Elvis asked, "Is it true, these stories about you boys on the road?"

Plant, without cracking a smile, said, "Of course not -- we're family men. In fact, I get the most pleasure out of walking the hotel corridors, singing your songs." Then Plant offered his best impersonation of Elvis singing the country song "Love Me."

Elvis and his bodyguards burst out laughing, and the ice was broken.

Two hours later, as Plant and Page were walking down the corridor outside Presley's room, Elvis -- looking quite pleased with himself -- poked his head out the door and began singing, "Treat me like a fooooool," channeling Plant's impression of him.

"I turned around and did my best Elvis right back at him," Plant told the Sunday Mercury.

Page tells a different version. Somebody in the Zeppelin camp brought up a hot rod that Elvis drove in some movie to break the ice. Read the bit about Plant's impression though.

It seems like I remember that story showing up in the book ' Stairway To Heaven'
  • Options
    Love this thread. The two best rock bands ever!

Chicago HoB to raise $$ for those who suffered from Hurricane Katrina. $1000/ ticket I read somewhere. My dream show!! I wish like hell I had the means to get there.

No song on the radio makes me happier to crank up in the car than Fool in the Rain. I heard that on the way to work last week, right after Daughter. I was psyched all morning!
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,749
    Interesting BBC article on why Zep not likely to reunite:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201308 ... lin-reform

Thoughts?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

Thoughts?
    I think Robert Plant has the right idea. They should leave well enough alone. I don't like it when bands who aren't able to even come anywhere close to where they once were as far as sounding good goes try and perform anyway. Sounds like Plant is the only one who cares about maintaining the integrity of Led Zeppelin's music. Good for him.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Thoughts?
    I think Robert Plant has the right idea. They should leave well enough alone. I don't like it when bands who aren't able to even come anywhere close to where they once were as far as sounding good goes try and perform anyway. Sounds like Plant is the only one who cares about maintaining the integrity of Led Zeppelin's music. Good for him.

I understand the whole not making music thing, but their O2 show sounded awesome.

I would have loved to see them once and it's the only time I've ever heard my dad say he would be willing to spend hundreds of dollars per ticket for a concert.

:shock:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Thoughts?

I understand the whole not making music thing, but their O2 show sounded awesome.

I would have loved to see them once and it's the only time I've ever heard my dad say he would be willing to spend hundreds of dollars per ticket for a concert.

:shock:
    Yeah, they sounded okay in 2007 for one show (and only okay IMO. I don't think it's THAT great) .... but 6+ years can make a huge difference when you're talking about people at that age. Heard Plant singing recently on some vid (not LZ related - sorry can't remember what it was) and he sounded pretty fucking bad. I wouldn't want to see them if it's going to sound shitty. It would feel like I was tainting the music in my own head..... It's actually the reason I haven't gone to see Bob Dylan.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, they sounded okay in 2007 for one show (and only okay IMO. I don't think it's THAT great) .... but 6+ years can make a huge difference when you're talking about people at that age. Heard Plant singing recently on some vid (not LZ related - sorry can't remember what it was) and he sounded pretty fucking bad.

Sounded great to me, picky. He's not going to hit the notes he could in the 70's, obviously.

Picky.

:D;) :P
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, they sounded okay in 2007 for one show (and only okay IMO. I don't think it's THAT great) .... but 6+ years can make a huge difference when you're talking about people at that age. Heard Plant singing recently on some vid (not LZ related - sorry can't remember what it was) and he sounded pretty fucking bad.

Sounded great to me, picky. He's not going to hit the notes he could in the 70's, obviously.

Picky.

They call me Picky Jones. :P
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Picky.

I thought they called you boobs.

I stand corrected

carry on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Picky.

I thought they called you boobs.

I stand corrected

carry on
    Picky Boobs Jones :|
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

smoking-smiley.gif
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

smoking-smiley.gif
    :lol: :fp: