Options

*** Ed solo NJ Fanviews Here 8/7/08 ***

Comments

• Options
    amazing show, amazing venue. hearing Sometimes in that fashion was worth the price alone. Being there for a new song, WOW!!

Ran into Kenny Mayne in the bathroom at the sink washing hands..we talked out in the lobby for a few minutes about the Hartford show as I saw him there as well. Tim Robbins sat a few rows ahead of us but took off to go backstage during Hard Sun after people started taking pictures of him with their camera phones.

The one thing I have to ask is where the fck was everyone going during the show? For the love of G-D, we are blessed with this EV solo tour, sit in your seats and stay there. I can't tell you how many times I had to get up and down to let people in and out of our row.

Being at the show where Ed clarified YL was a gift. Heck, all 2008 has been a gift. "The best life I ever lived..."

You must have been close to me. I was row J and saw all the people taking pics of Tim. Ridiculous. One guy was leaning over people taking pics nonstop with his phone.

And, yeah, I noticed people getting up in my row constantly too. One guy got there right when Ed went on stage and 2 songs in got up and was gone for about the next 3 songs. Really bizarre.

Anyway, that was an amazing experience in there. Ed's ability to connect with the crowd on so many levels just proves how incredible of a performer he is. My wife was blown away as well.
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    Did anyone notice the guy who arrived wearing a green wrestling mask, sitting center section on the aisle, about row J or so? Been going to concerts for 25 years and never saw that before. If I wasn't worried about starting a fight, or getting thrown out, My friend and I wanted to walk over and un-mask him.
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    It was dicussed a few threads ago about plants in the audience...well, last night in NJ..kick ass show no doubt...but the guy who asked the words to Yellow Ledbr HAD to be a plant!! Ed barely mumbled the words out of his mouth about asking a question, gave a quick countdown and before he reached 1 the guy came out with "whatr the words to yl?"
    It gave Ed time to stretch his fingers and breath between another incredible set of songs...every song, which was pretty much expected by this fan due to the great listings of the fans here, but thanks for the preparation!, was great to hear, and he even added in a few that han not been played...Bruce's "Growin Up" and we all sang along to "EWBTCIAST" as well as to "Let My Love Open The Door"

He was funny, and open and I wanted to ask of Olivia and if the rumor that Jill was pregnant was true...but I really just wanted to hear him sing all that sung.

Thank you ED for an incredible evening..hope we can do it again sometime
    "Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
    "Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
  • Options
    Tim Robbins and Kenny Mayne (for you ESPN fans) were in attendance, but the real fun unfolded between the audience and the stage. You cant' plan a great night. They just happen!

....What a way to come back from a bad review! Shame on Ben Ratliff of the New York Times!
    Sea wrote:
    August 7, 2008, Newark, NJ, NJ Performing Arts Center
    Ed solo tour - opening: Liam Finn

Set list pending:

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
  • Options
    joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    ejny wrote:
    You must have been close to me. I was row J and saw all the people taking pics of Tim. Ridiculous. One guy was leaning over people taking pics nonstop with his phone.

And, yeah, I noticed people getting up in my row constantly too. One guy got there right when Ed went on stage and 2 songs in got up and was gone for about the next 3 songs. Really bizarre.

Anyway, that was an amazing experience in there. Ed's ability to connect with the crowd on so many levels just proves how incredible of a performer he is. My wife was blown away as well.

I was row J, seats 113-114, door C. My wife was joking about the guys standing and leaving the venue all the time: "I thought it was the girls" she said... (even our row had a dude that went outside at least 3 times during the show, wtf?)

Amazing show; Arc was beautiful.
    Make records, not war...
  • Options
    I have been trying to put my thoughts down on Paper...and I am getting no where...so much I want to say....my mind is spinning hours after the show....

So I will leave it at this...Arc made me shake...Im not talking Goose Bumps....I shook...I sang competivly growing up in a choir...I have sung in cathedrals/opera houses all over the world...and I had never felt the way Eddie Vedder made me feel when he started digging into Arc....

I am a better man today than I was yesterday.

Thank u Mr Vedder
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    5th row slightly left, JDSAL and myself were last night. UNBELIEVABLE SEATS !!!! EDDIAE was on fire !! Teh girl directly in front of me caught a pick, nice catch by the way ....Some highlights for me were as follows:

1. TYAAM w/ Liam Finn was f'in sweet

2. Q & with Ed .....JDSAL and I were going to ask him if we could jam with him and liam after the show if he called on us. lol

3. All of the ITW stuff was amazing, and he nailed every one.

4. Yellow Ledbetter question and answer was very interesting.

5. Growing up was unexpected

6. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT NEW SONG CALLED? I DONT KNOW BUT I LIKED IT!!

Good times !! cant wait for DC 2
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    lisafitz wrote:
    It was dicussed a few threads ago about plants in the audience...well, last night in NJ..kick ass show no doubt...but the guy who asked the words to Yellow Ledbr HAD to be a plant!! Ed barely mumbled the words out of his mouth about asking a question, gave a quick countdown and before he reached 1 the guy came out with "whatr the words to yl?"
    It gave Ed time to stretch his fingers and breath between another incredible set of songs...every song, which was pretty much expected by this fan due to the great listings of the fans here, but thanks for the preparation!, was great to hear, and he even added in a few that han not been played...Bruce's "Growin Up" and we all sang along to "EWBTCIAST" as well as to "Let My Love Open The Door"

He was funny, and open and I wanted to ask of Olivia and if the rumor that Jill was pregnant was true...but I really just wanted to hear him sing all that sung.

Thank you ED for an incredible evening..hope we can do it again sometime

I saw Jill at the Beacon in July and she was about 7 months pregnant.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    jumpincat wrote:
    I have been trying to put my thoughts down on Paper...and I am getting no where...so much I want to say....my mind is spinning hours after the show....

So I will leave it at this...Arc made me shake...Im not talking Goose Bumps....I shook...I sang competivly growing up in a choir...I have sung in cathedrals/opera houses all over the world...and I had never felt the way Eddie Vedder made me feel when he started digging into Arc....

I am a better man today than I was yesterday.

Thank u Mr Vedder

Very well said.
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    Thanks for the update... See, if I were the guy in the white hat, I woulda been prepared...that was hysterically funny..Ed's a funny guy..and even if the YL question was a plant, Ed did get emotional...
    If anyone has anything on Ed's new song, can you post?? I can barely remember it...everything seems to be fading, and I didn't even smoke last night!
    Thanks to the fans here for helping keep it in my memory..

I want a bootleg of Newark!!!
    "Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
    "Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    mattp wrote:
    Well I guess I have to defend myself.
    i kept saying to my friend that i would have been the same way. seriously, who is prepared for THAT?! :p:D
  • Options
    kreponjkreponj Posts: 8
    Does anyone have the final list? What an amazing night.
  • Options
    prsntnseprsntnse Posts: 155
    I dont know if it was mentioned alredy, but he did say something about being asked why he is doing a solo tour when he should be in the studio w/ the band working on their next album. He said something like " oh yea, we would be working in the studio in the middle of the summer".
    2000- Jones Beach III
    2003- Nassau coliseum, MSG I, MSG II
    2006- Hartford, E. Ruth I, E. Ruth II,
    2008- W. Palm, Tampa, Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2008- E.V. solo - Boston I, Boston II,NYC I,Newark Stone - Brooklyn
    2009- Chicago I & II,Philly III & IV E.V. solo- Albany II, Philly II
    2010- Hartford, Newark, MSG I & II
    2011- Tres Mtns. - Ed solo-Beacon I & II - Alpine Valley I & II
    2013- Hartford, Philly I & II, Brooklyn I & II, London Ont
    2016- Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly I&II, MSG I&II
  • Options
    mattp wrote:
    Well I guess I have to defend myself. I finally got to go to a show with my wife and we had 3rd tier tickets. My wife and I were sitting having a glass of wine and this gentlemen from the venue came up to us and said that he gets to play Santa Claus. He asked for our tickets and gave us 1st row dead center. I wanted to thank Eddie and the gentlemen for the tickets.

I was the oaf with the white hat on selected for the Q & A. Well, it isn't everyday that you are sitting at a show and out of nowhere the artist says "The gentlemen in the white hat, do you have a question for me". I was a little blind-sides to say the least. All I could come up with was to tell him that my wife and I really enjoy MOTH and to thank him for the music.

If I had the moment again, I would probably ask him how his life and views have changed since becoming a father since my wife and I are relatively new parents as well.

I apologize for the delay of my response........BTW, the request(even though I new there was no chance he would play it) was In My Tree

It was a great night......one my wife and I will not forgot!!!

Hey...I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to pick on you, I was just describing the moment for all that weren't in attendance. I have no idea what I would have asked if put in that spot. In My Tree...good choice, but yeah, not a chance of him doing it solo.
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    6/19/08 Camden
    6/20/08 Camden
    6/22/08 DC
    6/25/08 MSG
    8/4/08 EV NYC
    8/5/08 EV NYC
    8/7/08 EV Newark
  • Options
    In case anyone was wondering....
    there was no bruce in NJ because he was at the Police show at MSG. I think it was a benefit or something. Based off the pictures it looks as if bruce was scheduled to be part of the night
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    [............
  • Options
    i had grand teir center..... yes i was the guy screaming FOOTSTEPS when it all got quiet............

=x

great show
    5/27-28 2006 Philly - Camden
    6/24-25 2008 MSG
    Eddie Vedder Solo - NYC 8/3 PALACE & NJPAC 8/7
    5/21 2010 MSG
    www.facebook.com/mattlinda
  • Options
    This may have been answered and I just missed it, but what's the deal with Tim Robbins? I thought someone said in a post that he was the reason (according to Ed) that PJ wasn't in the studio? Sorry, just confused :D
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Great show Ev def dug Da venue Seats were 4 row dead center venue waz like Benaroya Hall Xcept in JERSEY?Luv Grown up Qand A cool def best of the 3 solo shows Da kid went to.Time to give Da kids Credit Card a break!
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    mattlinda wrote:
    i had grand teir center..... yes i was the guy screaming FOOTSTEPS when it all got quiet............

=x

great show

No offense, but the screamers are REALLY annoying at these shows. It's suppossed to be a quiet acoustic show, but some people are dim and only think about themselves. Save the yelling for the rock show, which happens 100 times more often then the Eddie shows, so you have plenty of opportunities to beg and plead for songs.

The screaming was relatively tolerable last night, though. Great show.
  • Options
    Hi....

I have LOTS of video from last nite..but before I post a link or anything I want to make sure it is ok to do it here?

Also have some great pics....I will post the album in a little while....

DOn't want to break any rules...

Great, great GREAT nite.

And let me add my THANKS to 10C for the AWESEOME seats....
  • Options
    DMBpride wrote:
    This may have been answered and I just missed it, but what's the deal with Tim Robbins? I thought someone said in a post that he was the reason (according to Ed) that PJ wasn't in the studio? Sorry, just confused :D

Tim was the reason he did Dead Man and that's how he met Sean Penn and then the ITW soundtrack came about. And so the solo tour was all Tim's fault.
    Angel

• Options
    VIGVIG Posts: 18
    DMBpride wrote:

Something along the lines of Tim Robbins convinced him to do a solo tour. Sort of like how Tim convinced him to write Dead Man Walking and (i think) maybe a few other songs. So nothing was meant in a bad way or anything.
  • Options
    Hi....

I have LOTS of video from last nite..but before I post a link or anything I want to make sure it is ok to do it here?

Also have some great pics....I will post the album in a little while....

DOn't want to break any rules...

Great, great GREAT nite.

And let me add my THANKS to 10C for the AWESEOME seats....

Please, please, please!!! Post!!
    Angel

• Options
    myhookmyhook Posts: 284
    phungi wrote:
    Did anyone notice the guy who arrived wearing a green wrestling mask, sitting center section on the aisle, about row J or so? Been going to concerts for 25 years and never saw that before. If I wasn't worried about starting a fight, or getting thrown out, My friend and I wanted to walk over and un-mask him.
    HA...as I was walking out I saw him in the lobby. WTF? I didn't realize he wore that for the whole show. HA. I have to admit that was one of the best behaved crowds at a concert I ever saw. It seemed like the entire place was on the edge of their seats and when people tried to yell other people shushed them and it got super quiet. Actually being able to hear ad understand every word Eddie said was such a treat and the tone during the YL story was very spooky in a way. All I have to say is WOW, and I am not trying to be the...THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER guy that you seem to get after every PJ / EV show but in all seriousness it was phenomenal.
    Hey, you wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the jon so why do you let these hooligans tear down the biz? YEEAAHHH. I don't care if he is Mr. Notorious BIG, can he croon?
  • Options
    myhookmyhook Posts: 284
    pink1969 wrote:
    Agreed, please post.
    Hey, you wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the jon so why do you let these hooligans tear down the biz? YEEAAHHH. I don't care if he is Mr. Notorious BIG, can he croon?
  • Options
    You guys Wrock for remembering the details. OMG - I just know it was one of the best shows EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been to the church of Eddie and I am not coming back. Wooooooohoooooooooooooo.
    Even my job won't ruin this day!!!!!!!

I cried during the YL explanation (plant, schmant) and got the chills when he did the voice box, loop pedal thing - what song was that?

See ya at All Points West?
    Wendy Wrocks
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    pink1969 wrote:

OK lol.

I will go home this evening and upload to youtube then come back with the links. I was in the 14th row aisle center so I think they came out good...
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    FaFaFlunky wrote:
    i have a question..i've heard that the mole in the audience yells out "Who are you voting for?" and EV goes into the political spiel..Do you think the Ledbetter guy was a mole to get eddie to talk about war/sad story. Dont get me wrong the story was great but it seemed a little stage to me and question seemed set up..let me know if anyone feels that way

I definitly don't think he was a mole/plant. Before this point of the show, Ed said he walked around the theater and went all the way up to the top top balcony. He said that it was really high up and that he shouldn't play any sad songs, cause someone might jump. Ed was kinda joking around when he said this, but he seemed like he wanted to keep this show "happy".
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7