Options

*** Ed solo NJ Fanviews Here 8/7/08 ***

Comments

• Options
    jumpincat wrote:
    I have been trying to put my thoughts down on Paper...and I am getting no where...so much I want to say....my mind is spinning hours after the show....

So I will leave it at this...Arc made me shake...Im not talking Goose Bumps....I shook...I sang competivly growing up in a choir...I have sung in cathedrals/opera houses all over the world...and I had never felt the way Eddie Vedder made me feel when he started digging into Arc....

I am a better man today than I was yesterday.

Thank u Mr Vedder

Very cool post. Arc was amazing. It was actually my wife's favorite moment of the show. I have been reflecting on this whole show, and I'm having a hard time finding the highlight. There were so many, it was mind-boggling. Such a rewarding experience. I really hope to see another Ed solo show in my lifetime.

Anyway, I will offer one highlight that no one has mentioned yet: Ed's performance of Rise. I always thought it was one of the stronger tracks on ITW, but Guaranteed had always been my favorite. Played live, this song just elevated me to another level. From the beautiful mandolin strumming, to Ed's delivery of top-notch lyrics, it really was engaging and gave me a major case of the goosebumps.
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    Now you can make copies and sell it on ebay !! :)

like that other guy[/quote]

??????....Sorry, I must have missed that story.
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I get goosebumps reading these reviews!!!!

I cant wait for the Milw and Chi shows.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    The LoonThe Loon Posts: 23
    Where can I get a boot of this show? This is must have for me. Please help.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Sea wrote:
    August 7, 2008, Newark, NJ, NJ Performing Arts Center
    Ed solo tour - opening: Liam Finn

Set list pending:

?????

what did he play?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
  • Options
    Locked: Click on this to see the actual list written out (he didn't play it like this, but this was what he had in mind)

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/skyeriverwinter/?action=view&current=IMG_3058Small.jpg
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Did anyone catch that drunk black lady getting arrested in parking lot B? Me and my freind were parked right next to the car where she was being arrested on. Pretty crazy sight to see after an EV show.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    how about the guy in the Cat suit?? he came over and gave my son a sticker and then my son look at me and said "what am I supposed to do with this?" kinda weird...
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    Boki wrote:
    He said that when Tim asked him to write something for Dead Man Walking, he hadn't written a song in a long time (6 months?). But he wrote Dead Man within 20 minutes, so that now Pearl Jam's manager has Tim Robbins on speed dial for whenever Ed hasn't written a song in a while.

I think he then said how Tim introduced him to Sean Penn and this is why this tour is happening and why they're not recording in the studio.
    ahhh gotcha, the dots connect. thanks!
  • Options
    judi722judi722 Posts: 1
    I am new to the MB - this is my first post. I went to the NJPAC show last night and have been reading everyone's comments all day (in between listening to all my PJ CD's), so that I could re-live the show!! I am a HUGE fan and was looking forward to this show so much, that I practically thought I was setting myself up for a let down, i.e., it could not possibly be as good as I thought it was going to be. But I am thrilled to report that it was even better, in fact MUCH better, than I thought it was going to be, which I did not think was possible!!! What I loved the most was all the talking that Ed did in between the songs - he seemed so happy and relaxed. The atmosphere of the show was very intimate, and I felt like I was just hanging out with him and chatting, and he was playing songs in between our conversations! Did anyone else feel that way? It was so genuine and real - and I feel priviliged that he let us into his world. It was just amazing because he is so gifted, and I felt like his voice and his music filled up my brain and heart until they were about to burst!! (are you getting the sense that I really enjoyed the show??!!!) I truly think that this is the best concert I have ever attended. I was hoping he would sing Wish List, but you can't have everything. I have really enjoyed everyone's comments and thanks for reading my long post!
  • Options
    hey new jack,

go here. you'll find a lot to love.

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/

enjoy. :)
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    Yes, just wanted to echo Judi722's comments. It felt like we were sitting around a campfire bullshitting and passing a guitar around, except obviously Ed Ved was controlling the set. After attending the two MSG shows it was quite a stark contrast regarding the energy level. It took me a few songs to settle down and just enjoy the show for what it was - an intimate night with mostly good people and great music.
    4/30/03 - Nassau Coliseum
    7/8/03 - Madison Square Garden
    7/14/03 - PNC Arts Center
    6/3/06 - Continental Arena
    6/24/08 - Madison Square Garden
    6/25/08 - Madison Square Garden
    8/7/08 - EV NJPAC
    10/31/09 - Philly Spectrum
    5/18/10 - Prudential Center
    5/20/10 - Madison Square Garden
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field
    10/18/13 - Barclays Center
    9/26/15 - Central Park
    5/1/16 - Madison Square Garden
    5/2/16 - Madison Square Garden
    8/7/16 - Fenway Park
    8/8/18 - Safeco Field
    8/10/18 - Safeco Field
    9/18/21 - Asbury Park Boardwalk

• Options
    Mr. Beeks wrote:
    What a great show. 4th row dead center. Best seats I've ever had. Thank you 10C!

Girl behind me in 5th row caught a pic. I saw it fly past me in slow motion like a foul ball at Yankee Stadium.

Let My Love Open the Door is so good live, back and forth guys one verse, girls the other, Ed doing his super bass voice for the guys. Hilarious.

Rise and the other ITW songs are beautiful live. Sometimes was so nice to hear as was Soon Forget. Funny when you listen to these songs for years and there he is playing it for us ten feet away. First time to hear them live for me anyway.

Just unfucking believable. NJPAC is one of the most beautiful theaters I've ever been too. Can't wait to go back there for another show, the acoustics are off the charts.

LUKIN!!!

Ya - what he said. Thanks again Mr. Beeks for the ticket!!! 4th f'ing row!! As a huge Bruce fan as well "Growin' Up" was particularly a special moment for me. And I can't believe how well "hard sun" translated live. That was a kick-ass rock song.
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    Hi....

I have LOTS of video from last nite..but before I post a link or anything I want to make sure it is ok to do it here?

Also have some great pics....I will post the album in a little while....

DOn't want to break any rules...

Great, great GREAT nite.

And let me add my THANKS to 10C for the AWESEOME seats....

Aren't you a Bruce fan or something? ;-)
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    mattlinda wrote:
    i had grand teir center..... yes i was the guy screaming FOOTSTEPS when it all got quiet............

=x

great show

You're a douche... everyone in the theater for the next million times you screamed it the rest of the night, wished for you to stfu.
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Options
    phungi wrote:
    Did anyone notice the guy who arrived wearing a green wrestling mask, sitting center section on the aisle, about row J or so? Been going to concerts for 25 years and never saw that before. If I wasn't worried about starting a fight, or getting thrown out, My friend and I wanted to walk over and un-mask him.

I saw it too, and thought it was really weird. He was in row A (I was right behind him in B). See my pix below. Anyone got a clue?

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii141/schneile/IMG00167.jpg
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii141/schneile/IMG00168.jpg
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    man, these reviews are just amazing. i so wish i was there. so jealous (yet still very aware of how lucky i have been in the past).
  • Options
    Aren't you a Bruce fan or something? ;-)

COnfusing me with someone else lol....
  • Options
    Ya - what he said. Thanks again Mr. Beeks for the ticket!!! 4th f'ing row!! As a huge Bruce fan as well "Growin' Up" was particularly a special moment for me. And I can't believe how well "hard sun" translated live. That was a kick-ass rock song.

You lucky man!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I saw it too, and thought it was really weird. He was in row A (I was right behind him in B). See my pix below. Anyone got a clue?

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii141/schneile/IMG00167.jpg
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii141/schneile/IMG00168.jpg

I SAW THAT GUY OUTSIDE !!! IS THAT REY MYSTERIO JR? LOL

I NEVER KNEW HE WAS THERE ..
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    I was there last night, what a special evening.

I left my camera in the car like an idiot. Does anyone have any cool shots they can share?

THANK YOU!!

"I GOING LUKIN"
  • Options
    Words and message boards cannot do justice to the amazing performance Eddie gave us last night. I like everyone else feel privileged to have been there and for the idiot whom was yelling Masters of War and Strangest Tribe you got one of your requests, but we all knew he would play it anyway. So we need a DVD of this show to add to our collection that we can relive 5 or 10 years from now. The fans in canada are in for a treat. See you all in DC.
  • Options
    hey new jack,

go here. you'll find a lot to love.

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/

enjoy. :)

DUDE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5/27-28 2006 Philly - Camden
    6/24-25 2008 MSG
    Eddie Vedder Solo - NYC 8/3 PALACE & NJPAC 8/7
    5/21 2010 MSG
    www.facebook.com/mattlinda
  • Options
    You're a douche... everyone in the theater for the next million times you screamed it the rest of the night, wished for you to stfu.

Damn.... Thanks Chris and for the harsh comment brush up on your grammer champ. I thought we were cool. He has played requests from the crowd before!

Sorry everyone :*( I was pretty wasted didn't realize there were 2749 others around I was in a zone felt like it was just Eddie and I!

YOUTUBE VIDEO UP NOW

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BrgtxnmcDJU
    5/27-28 2006 Philly - Camden
    6/24-25 2008 MSG
    Eddie Vedder Solo - NYC 8/3 PALACE & NJPAC 8/7
    5/21 2010 MSG
    www.facebook.com/mattlinda
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,272
    I should have gone, man what a nice place I see in the pictures..great set

I took too many days off this summer, so could'nt make it

Thank you 10c, Pearl Jam, and Eddie...A summer I'll never forget

We still have an album in the near future to look foward to, what a band..they keep out doin themselves
  • Options
    mattlinda wrote:
    Damn.... Thanks Chris.

Sorry everyone :*( I was pretty wasted didn't realize there were 2300 others around I was in a zone felt like it was just Eddie and I
    lol, you are the single most hated person on this board in the last 24 hours.

i only heard you once, and i thought it was a great idea. the rest of the time i was locked in on Ed... 'cept for the few times I heard the a-holes in the very back yelling "AAAACHOOOOTTT!!!" until I finally realized they were yelling Patriot... which I found to be another good idea.

i've never seen anybody in a small venue before, and i thought everybody was pretty respectful and yelled/clapped only when appropriate.
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    joseduca wrote:
    What was he drinking? lol

In all seriousness, judging from the color and thickness, I would guess a bloody mary...

anyone else?

To me it looked more on the purple side of red than the orange side. Given his affinity for red wine, I think it was sangria. Nice choice for summer.

Melissa
  • Options
    rhpot1991rhpot1991 Posts: 150
    mattp wrote:
    Well I guess I have to defend myself. I finally got to go to a show with my wife and we had 3rd tier tickets. My wife and I were sitting having a glass of wine and this gentlemen from the venue came up to us and said that he gets to play Santa Claus. He asked for our tickets and gave us 1st row dead center. I wanted to thank Eddie and the gentlemen for the tickets.

I was the oaf with the white hat on selected for the Q & A. Well, it isn't everyday that you are sitting at a show and out of nowhere the artist says "The gentlemen in the white hat, do you have a question for me". I was a little blind-sides to say the least. All I could come up with was to tell him that my wife and I really enjoy MOTH and to thank him for the music.

If I had the moment again, I would probably ask him how his life and views have changed since becoming a father since my wife and I are relatively new parents as well.

I apologize for the delay of my response........BTW, the request(even though I new there was no chance he would play it) was In My Tree

It was a great night......one my wife and I will not forgot!!!

Not that many people would like my question. But, I would have asked him if he ever plans on playing bugs live for us. I know its a terrible song, but I love it.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    found the setlist..
    cmon ed, change it up for milwaukee! we'll give you chips and dip(leftovers from the party, there will be a TON)