Options

*** Ed solo NJ Fanviews Here 8/7/08 ***

Comments

• Options
    jolinejoline Posts: 27
    lisafitz wrote:
    Amazing STORY Joline! You write well, too! I was on the edge of my chair waiting to see if you made it!! You even had me laugh out loud!! Most of all, thanks for the photos..I was there, too, that glorious thursday evening and it will remain emblazed in what's left of my memory cells, which is why I really really appreciate the pix! Thank you and hope you had an easier time of it in Montreal!

Thank you! :) The horrible journey just made me appreciate it more. Torture brings reward, right?

Montreal was a treat. But guess what...my connecting flight home through NEWARK was cancelled! Oy!!
    01/15/95 - 09/29/96 - 08/25/98 - 06/03/00 - 09/05/00
    04/26/03 - 06/28/03 - 10/01/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/28/05
    10/03/05 - 05/20/06 - 05/27/06 - 05/30/06 - 06/03/06
    06/23/06 - 06/24/06 - 08/05/07 - 04/10/08 - 06/12/08
    06/22/08 - 06/24/08 - 06/25/08 - 08/07/08 - 08/09/08
    08/16/08 - 06/11/09 - 06/12/09 - 08/21/09 - 08/23/09
    08/24/09 - 09/21/09 - 10/30/09 - 10/31/09 - 05/09/10
    05/10/10 - 05/17/10 - 08/28/10
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    Joline -- I'm so glad you made the concert. What a story! I hate airlines! But I do love Forever Young. Dylan is such an amazing songwriter. I hope Eddie sings it Saturday in DC.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    I did get out of the way b/c I thought the show was goin to end and I didn't want the small girl I was with to get trampled. I wish we had stayed tho so we could have pushed Eddie back on stage when he was playing Hard Sun, but if it was me (extremely tall guy with tan reaper shirt rocking out the whole fucking time) then you're welcome and glad you had fun

Yellow Bedwetter -- I don't know if there's ever been a thread about best name on this board, but if there was one, I'd vote for yours. It cracks me up every time I see it. :D
  • Options
    let me start by saying this is my first time writing on this or any website. Having just gotten the internet for the first time 3 or 4 months ago -yeah seriously- this has been pretty much the only site i've been on. The timing was just perfect with the start of the P.J. & E.V. tours. Never really being on line before it's been crazy for me to be able to get the setlists and everyone's little details about every show within a couple of hours. Fuckin Amazing.
    It's been a great P.J. summer. Thanks everyone for writing really insightful shit about all the shows all tour. Thank You 10 Club. E.V. solo was my first ticket experience with them - 5th row for E.V.N.Y.C 2 best tickets I've ever had for a show. Thank You Pearl Jam. Both nights in Camden were insane and MSG 2 was totally unforgettable definitely top 3 all time of my 150 or so concerts. And of course Thakx Ed. Since '93 your music has been the soundtrack to my life and getting 2 nights up-close-n-personal reminded me why. All 5 shows I was lucky enough to go to had amazing moments but i have to say Ed's story behind Yellow Ledbetter at the NJPAC show may have been the highlight of the summer for me. He started by joking " you mean there's lyrics to that song. After all these years I never knew that." Then he played a few notes from the intro on guitar n trying to think of the lyrics and said "where's Mccready when you need him" still joking. And everyone was still yelling and laughing and cheering. But the instant he got serious and began talking about the 1st Gulf War and everyone realized what was happening, that he was actually going to tell the story, you could have heard a fucking pin drop in that place for like 5 mins. I know some long-time-diehard fans might say the song is playd out, but deep down we all know it's our generation's "Free Bird" and to hear Ed tell the story behind it and get all choked up and have to gather himself to finish is the reason I Love this band and music in general. Thanks for 15 years-8 albums-8 shows and 1 hell of a summer.
  • Options
    I went to the show too! I travelled from Chile to see him...I still can't believe I actually saw him.
    I got to see the concert thanks to a guy from Pennsylvania! I scaped from were I was staying cause my parents didn't let me go, and I only had 50 dolars. Thanks to this guy I saw Eddie again. So, if you read this, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, you have no idea what it meant to me.!!!!! I can't explain it, but it was one the happiest moments of my life :D:D:D

I went to see him in both concerts in NY! at the end of hard sun of the second show ( august 5th), Eddie said "THANK YOU CHILE" cause I was with the chilean flag!...those 3 words felt so fuckin good hahaha. If someone has that video, PLEEEEEASE let me know, or help me find it, it means everything to me!!!! I really need to here those 3 words again ! :)

ps: sorry for my english, I'm still learning :p

Sister, you posted in the wrong thread. I would repost this in the NEW YORK FANVIEWS threads, not the New Jersey thread. New Jersey ain't New York...not by a long shot.
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    Sister, you posted in the wrong thread. I would repost this in the NEW YORK FANVIEWS threads, not the New Jersey thread. New Jersey ain't New York...not by a long shot.

I didn't post it wrong :P. I did go to the show in NJ! :D and I wrote in new york fanviews at first, but nobody responded :(... After posting there I posted here cause I'm really desperate. I was thinking that maybe somebody went to see him in NY and NJ!...Thanks for the help anyways :)

Cheers from Chile
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    where's the damn set list and how does one spell dam?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    where's the damn bootleg?
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    nsmooth78 wrote:
    where's the damn bootleg?
    PLEASE
    that show was f'ing amazing, just got back from vacation with no internet otherwise i wouldve posted earlier.
    I was 8th row dead center, best tickets i've ever had. Thanks 10c.
    im pretty much speechless though, it was that good.
    Anyone got a link to the setlist?
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    I still think this show was one of the best. Lots of songs that appeared later appeared in NJ first. Toronto and Chicago will have their say, but Newark is, in the words of Eddie, "the nicest place I've ever played"
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    August 7, 2008, Newark, NJ, NJ Performing Arts Center

Set list:
    1 - Walking the Cow
    2 - Trouble
    3 - Don't Be Shy
    4 - Around the Bend
    5 - I Am Mine
    6 - Dead Man
    7 - Sometimes
    8 - I'm Open
    9 - Man of the Hour
    10 - Unthought Known
    11 - Driftin'
    12 - Masters of War
    13 - Setting Forth
    14 - No Ceiling
    15 - Guaranteed
    16 - Far Behind
    17 - Rise
    18 - Small Town
    19 - Goodbye (You're True)
    20 - Soon Forget
    21 - Forever Young
    22 - Porch

1st encore:
    23 - Society
    24 - Throw Your Arms Around Me (w/ Liam Finn), (Q/A)
    25 - Growin' Up
    26 - Lukin
    27 - Let My Love Open the Door
    28 - Arc

2nd encore:
    29 - Hard Sun (w/ Liam Finn)
    i like sound...
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    what a fucking great night
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    pjaddictsince91pjaddictsince91 New Jersey Posts: 181
    Eddie could barely bring himself to leave the fuckin stage at NJPAC...God what a great night.
    "I'm just feeling so tough with my ukelele...my badass mother f'in ukelele" EV 8/7/08 Newark, NJ

• Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    Eddie could barely bring himself to leave the fuckin stage at NJPAC...God what a great night.

word.
  • Options
    alrite this is completely immature BUT NJPAC WINS MOOOOOHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
    Lolla 07
    Camden 1 /2008
    MSG 1 & 2 /2008
    EV SOLO-- NYC 1 and NJPAC
  • Options
    my gf took a minute video from the njpac show during hard sun...awesome quality...its on facebook so im not sure how i will be able to let ppl who dont have facebook see it...when i do ill post it but ill post the link now

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=512439670445
    2006-06-01-East Rutherford
    2008-06-19-Camden
    2008-06-25-MSG 2
    EV
    2008-08-07-Newark

"We're running out of beer too?" EV 6-19-08
  • Options
    FaFaFlunky wrote:
    my gf took a minute video from the njpac show during hard sun...awesome quality...its on facebook so im not sure how i will be able to let ppl who dont have facebook see it...when i do ill post it but ill post the link now

thats awesome! thanks so much!
    any other recordings or pictures?
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    Lukin562Lukin562 Posts: 23
    FaFaFlunky wrote:

Awesome thanks so much for bringing back the memories!
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw
    Delivered him wings, 'Hey, look at me now'
    Arms wide open with the sea as his floor

PJ:
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/24/08 MSG I
    6/25/08 MSG II
    6/30/08 Boston
    EV:
    8/4-NYC
    8/5-NYC
    8/7-Newark
  • Options
    Thanks Brother.....
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    heres another video..not as good but you can see ed going nuts and doing a stagedive/letting the crowd hold him up....awesome fucking night

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=512441526725
    2008-06-19-Camden
    2008-06-25-MSG 2
    EV
    2008-08-07-Newark

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    any chance you could post that somewhere other than face book?

I do not want to register there

thanks
  • Options
    FaFaFlunky wrote:
    heres another video..not as good but you can see ed going nuts and doing a stagedive/letting the crowd hold him up....awesome fucking night

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=512441526725
    thanks again!
    haha keep em coming!!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    any chance you could post that somewhere other than face book?

I do not want to register there

thanks

ive been trying it hasnt been working..ill try later tonight when i get home from work
    2008-06-19-Camden
    2008-06-25-MSG 2
    EV
    2008-08-07-Newark

• Options
    lol i didnt know which thread to put it in but im gonna put it in here since i went to this solo show..

i wanted the batman poster which that night at njpac they didnt have and after the show i didnt have enough money for the other one so i went home with a t shirt and sticker pack. 2 weeks later i get home from work and in my room framed are both the batman and the green ev solo poster..i fuckin flipped..apparantly my gf bought them off of ebay..i loved the gift but kinda bummed out she prob payed 150-180 for both of them..well all in all love the gift and love the gf..
    2008-06-19-Camden
    2008-06-25-MSG 2
    EV
    2008-08-07-Newark

• Options
    ok so call me crazy but i could've sworn that i saw the man who plays the character "Raney" from Into The Wild.

Being that I had rewatched the movie the day before I just let it go, but did anyone else see or think they saw him?

haha
  • Options
    the only person i saw there was kenny mayne in the bathroom with a brooklyn dodger jersey on
    2008-06-19-Camden
    2008-06-25-MSG 2
    EV
    2008-08-07-Newark

• Options
    FaFaFlunky wrote:
    lol i didnt know which thread to put it in but im gonna put it in here since i went to this solo show..

i wanted the batman poster which that night at njpac they didnt have and after the show i didnt have enough money for the other one so i went home with a t shirt and sticker pack. 2 weeks later i get home from work and in my room framed are both the batman and the green ev solo poster..i fuckin flipped..apparantly my gf bought them off of ebay..i loved the gift but kinda bummed out she prob payed 150-180 for both of them..well all in all love the gift and love the gf..

U'r gf rocks!!!! Very cool!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    At 3:03 of hard sun you'll see my fist pump from the 4th row.
    Great f-ing show! Enjoy

You have to search You Tube by Tim Robbins and and Chris Mccandless

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tim+robbins+and+chris+mccandless&search_type=&aq=0&oq=tim+robbins+and+chris

The powers that be better not take this shit down like they did when these vids were up under the search of Eddie Vedder NJPAC
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    Mr. Beeks wrote:
    At 3:03 of hard sun you'll see my fist pump from the 4th row.
    Great f-ing show! Enjoy

You have to search You Tube by Tim Robbins and and Chris Mccandless

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tim+robbins+and+chris+mccandless&search_type=&aq=0&oq=tim+robbins+and+chris

The powers that be better not take this shit down like they did when these vids were up under the search of Eddie Vedder NJPAC

BTW- click watch in high quality under the vid and then click full screen. $
  • Options
    wow awesome man...get to see the ledbetter story again
    2008-06-19-Camden
    2008-06-25-MSG 2
    EV
    2008-08-07-Newark