Options

*** Ed solo NJ Fanviews Here 8/7/08 ***

Comments

• Options
    myhookmyhook Posts: 284
    FrankieG wrote:
    I definitly don't think he was a mole/plant. Before this point of the show, Ed said he walked around the theater and went all the way up to the top top balcony. He said that it was really high up and that he shouldn't play any sad songs, cause someone might jump. Ed was kinda joking around when he said this, but he seemed like he wanted to keep this show "happy".
    I agree, he just seemed to be in a very happy mood and wanted everyone to have a good time.
    Hey, you wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the jon so why do you let these hooligans tear down the biz? YEEAAHHH. I don't care if he is Mr. Notorious BIG, can he croon?
  • Options
    BokiBoki Posts: 23
    DMBpride wrote:
    This may have been answered and I just missed it, but what's the deal with Tim Robbins? I thought someone said in a post that he was the reason (according to Ed) that PJ wasn't in the studio? Sorry, just confused :D

He said that when Tim asked him to write something for Dead Man Walking, he hadn't written a song in a long time (6 months?). But he wrote Dead Man within 20 minutes, so that now Pearl Jam's manager has Tim Robbins on speed dial for whenever Ed hasn't written a song in a while.

I think he then said how Tim introduced him to Sean Penn and this is why this tour is happening and why they're not recording in the studio.
  • Options
    Very cool, thanks. Picture 37 is my fav. He has that look of gratitude and awe at the same time. Very cool.
    Hey, you wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the jon so why do you let these hooligans tear down the biz? YEEAAHHH. I don't care if he is Mr. Notorious BIG, can he croon?
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245

Oh my god!! you took really great pictures!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Can't wait to see the videos!!
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    mattp wrote:
    Well I guess I have to defend myself. I finally got to go to a show with my wife and we had 3rd tier tickets. My wife and I were sitting having a glass of wine and this gentlemen from the venue came up to us and said that he gets to play Santa Claus. He asked for our tickets and gave us 1st row dead center. I wanted to thank Eddie and the gentlemen for the tickets.

I was the oaf with the white hat on selected for the Q & A. Well, it isn't everyday that you are sitting at a show and out of nowhere the artist says "The gentlemen in the white hat, do you have a question for me". I was a little blind-sides to say the least. All I could come up with was to tell him that my wife and I really enjoy MOTH and to thank him for the music.

If I had the moment again, I would probably ask him how his life and views have changed since becoming a father since my wife and I are relatively new parents as well.

I apologize for the delay of my response........BTW, the request(even though I new there was no chance he would play it) was In My Tree

It was a great night......one my wife and I will not forgot!!!

My husband and I were so curious to know what you requested. If Eddie had just called on me like that I think my mind would've went blank too. Congrats on the great seats!!!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    warrenfse wrote:
    No offense, but the screamers are REALLY annoying at these shows. It's suppossed to be a quiet acoustic show, but some people are dim and only think about themselves. Save the yelling for the rock show, which happens 100 times more often then the Eddie shows, so you have plenty of opportunities to beg and plead for songs.

The screaming was relatively tolerable last night, though. Great show.

There was some horrible screaming girl next to us and I thought she was gonna ruin the show for me because she wouldn't stop for the first few songs, but after everyone kept yelling at her to "shut the f*** up" she stopped, thank God.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options

were you the nice people that let me stand beside you during the encore?
  • Options
    joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    What was he drinking? lol

In all seriousness, judging from the color and thickness, I would guess a bloody mary...

anyone else?
    Make records, not war...
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    myhook wrote:
    and I am not trying to be the...THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER guy that you seem to get after every PJ / EV show but in all seriousness it was phenomenal.
    that's how i feel, too. it was definitely one of those special nights. in my top five concert experiences of all time.
  • Options
    kreponjkreponj Posts: 8
    Sniper gave me the setlist after the show. (Jesse that is)

Can you post it?
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    joseduca wrote:
    What was he drinking? lol

In all seriousness, judging from the color and thickness, I would guess a bloody mary...

anyone else?

Iced tea? Im guessing after the comment that he made about drinking toooo much the night prior.....just a hunch
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    myhook wrote:
    HA...as I was walking out I saw him in the lobby. WTF? I didn't realize he wore that for the whole show. HA. I have to admit that was one of the best behaved crowds at a concert I ever saw. It seemed like the entire place was on the edge of their seats and when people tried to yell other people shushed them and it got super quiet. Actually being able to hear ad understand every word Eddie said was such a treat and the tone during the YL story was very spooky in a way. All I have to say is WOW, and I am not trying to be the...THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER guy that you seem to get after every PJ / EV show but in all seriousness it was phenomenal.

I'd agree, for the most part the crowd was excellent and respectful. There were a few meatheads yelling, but not bad overall. One funny moment happened when this annoying woman kept screeching stuff like "I love you Eddie" and it was really quiet and some dude shouted "SHUT UP!" in a we've heard you, enough is enough tone. Never heard from her again...
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    been reading some reviews from the show, but didn't get thru them all but i just wanted to state that the YL question was NOT a plant. It came from a guy in the box (first tier) next to me and I talked to him on the way out. He was just a young guy there with a few of his friends and he was so stoked to have gotten his question out and to have gotten that response, obviously not a plant. it was a great moment.

as was arc, blew me away. great story telling, great setlist, amazing night. Thanks EV
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    could anyone see what that green sticker was / read on his acoustic last night? The MOW guitar..
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    pjpitt89 wrote:
    been reading some reviews from the show, but didn't get thru them all but i just wanted to state that the YL question was NOT a plant. It came from a guy in the box (first tier) next to me and I talked to him on the way out. He was just a young guy there with a few of his friends and he was so stoked to have gotten his question out and to have gotten that response, obviously not a plant. it was a great moment.

That's pretty cool. I did find it bizarre that Ed could even spot the guy in the balcony who had a question. Great question too. Just a classic moment for all the fans. Ed's answer was incredibly moving. I was shocked he even explained it as he's been known to be very guarded over his lyrics.
  • Options
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    Thanks for the pics backstreetsbev and skyeriverwinter!
  • Options
    BBFANBBFAN Posts: 9
    but what I experienced last night was magical and amazing. I did not know most of the material ( some PJ, the covers and I knew the new stuff) . Having said that, for someone to go to a show that does not know the material, and leave there feeling the way I did is a great testimony to the sheer talent of the artist, I was smiling and in awe the entire night. I feel completely blessed to have been there. I have only seen 1 PJ show and it was too short- when they warmed up for U2 in Hawaii. I was lucky enough to score a single off of another fan. THANK YOU!! The audience was also amazing, great, great energy. Highlights for me were Far Behind, Hard Sun and the cover of Let My Love Open the Door also Society was a real treat with Liam and Eddie. WOW WOW WOW with last night s show. To all the fans that were there, you guys helped rock the house and the enegery, once again can not be explained you just had to be there.
  • Options
    There was some horrible screaming girl next to us and I thought she was gonna ruin the show for me because she wouldn't stop for the first few songs, but after everyone kept yelling at her to "shut the f*** up" she stopped, thank God.

Sorry everyone I never heard FOOTSTEPS and for some reason I thought he would play it on his solo tour.

I loved NJPAC the outside terrace on first or second teir was awesome and that blonde out there was rediculously hot ;)

I cant believe i'm at work right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am playing pandora and streaming PJ.... I'm addicted and can't get enough!

MATT
    5/27-28 2006 Philly - Camden
    6/24-25 2008 MSG
    Eddie Vedder Solo - NYC 8/3 PALACE & NJPAC 8/7
    5/21 2010 MSG
    www.facebook.com/mattlinda
  • Options
    Any chance at a boot of this show?
  • Options
    mattlinda wrote:
    Sorry everyone I never heard FOOTSTEPS and for some reason I thought he would play it on his solo tour.

I loved NJPAC the outside terrace on first or second teir was awesome and that blonde out there was rediculously hot ;)

I cant believe i'm at work right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am playing pandora and streaming PJ.... I'm addicted and can't get enough!

MATT

Hey, it wasn't you i was complaining about or a hot blonde girl :D just some drunk girl that wouldn't stop shrieking in the Grand Tier. I mean non stop. Finally she got the hint though.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,318

Was that in the grand tier? That girl was painfully loud, not to mention annoying!

I don't know what I can add to the other comments on last night's show. The theater is beautiful, acoustics were great. The crowd was pretty well-behaved (umm, "Footsteps" Matt, we know you were excited to be at the show, but...). Well, there was a loopy leprechaun in front of us, he was distracting.

Eddie did seem to be in very good humor last night. The "badass m-f'in ukulele" comment was priceless. :-) I thought Eddie's voice sounded just fantastic, and I was so happy that people decided to be quiet during "Guaranteed" and the YL story. I was very impressed by the new song; I kept trying to figure out which song it was -- I could not believe he wrote it at 5:00 yesterday morning!

I thought it was funny that he played "Lukin," although I have come to expect it whenever he says that the next song is a sing-along. My husband was trying his best to sing along, too. :-) I think we both were fighting hard to restrain ourselves from jumping up and bouncing around like maniacs during "Porch." Inside my head, the whole band was playing. :-)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    ...I think we both were fighting hard to restrain ourselves from jumping up and bouncing around like maniacs during "Porch." Inside my head, the whole band was playing. :-)
    This was the first, and likely only time, out of 9 or 10 times hearing this song live that I was seated. Damn did that feel strange!
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING show!! From the opening five minute standing ovation to the closing notes of Hard Sun, this was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Both NY shows were great but this one had a little something extra. I think everyone had moments of laughing and crying. In spite of a few idiots who felt the need to hear themselves, you could hear a pin drop during the Yellow Ledbetter story. I love PJ and have been going to their shows since 1993 but this was truly a magical experience. I hope Ed decides to do it again in the future.

Thank you 10C, Eddie & Pearl Jam. Now, PLEASE GIVE US A BOOT OF THIS SHOW!!

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Thank you 10C, Eddie & Pearl Jam. Now, PLEASE GIVE US A BOOT OF THIS SHOW!!

Thank you :)
    I 2nd this!!!!
  • Options
    pink1969 wrote:

Now you can make copies and sell it on ebay !! :)

like that other guy
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    Was that in the grand tier? That girl was painfully loud, not to mention annoying!

Yes, in the Grand Tier. Even though she was a section away from us, it was just obnoxious.

I think we both were fighting hard to restrain ourselves from jumping up and bouncing around like maniacs during "Porch."

My husband and I had a hard time restraining ourselves on that one too :D

What a great night though! I wanted to ask so many people if they were on the MB since I'm new to it but I was too shy, lol.

I still can't even put in to words how i feel after that show. But everyone has pretty much expressed how i felt too!

Great crowd, amazing show, Unforgettable night!!!
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Sounds like everyone had a really awesome time. I am so happy for you.
    :)
    I was fortunate enough to see the bootleg clip about the YL story..(shame on you filmer....:p)
    What a magical experience for those in attendance.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away