Options

*** MSG 1 Fanviews Here 6/24/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    holy shit i saw you i was 14th row and i said to myself damm he looks familiar damm good throw i saw mike pick up the shirt after alive i believe damm j ....

hehe ;)

its on youtube at the end of alive ,, i didnt get to see him pick it up last night but i did now
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    hehe ;)

its on youtube at the end of alive ,, i didnt get to see him pick it up last night but i did now
    if only ed saw security kicking you out ;)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    if only ed saw security kicking you out ;)

TOTALLY
  • Options
    Honestly, maybe you were in a dead spot or something, but I was in section 8, and for much of the night, the entire floor in front of me looked like a sea of people jumping and bobbing and stuff. Aside from a few GA shows, it was the best energy I'd ever seen down front at a PJ show.

I left very, very impressed -- and it made my night.

I was also in Section 8 and, as I posted right after the show last night, the section seemed great! I screamed my lungs out all night, one guy in front of me played air guitar and sang every song...another guy rocked shades all night and bobbed along to everything, really getting into STBC. There was lots of singing and cheering in Section 8...also, I'm 6'3" and can see over the top of the entire crowd on the floor, and it sure looked good for the most part.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    merlin401 wrote:
    *I was there and the crowd was quite impressive, one of the best I've seen.

*The main set was good but not spectacular. Not a fan of All Night, a few technical slip ups, not my favorite Daughter although the "Lets Go Rangers" Chant was awesome! Present Tense = excellent

*Second set was very good with Love Reign over me and WMA (also thought it was wonderwall for a second haha). Only time the crowd underwhelmed was during Leash IMO, thought they'd be more into that.

*Third set, very good again. Crazy Mary is always a personal favorite. I like No More. I like I Believe in Miracles, although I love the accoustic version.

*Had the same feeling when they went off after Alive that I had at Gorge2. That "I think it might be over but it really shouldnt be ... oh plzzzz come back on for a 3rd encore". THIS TIME, they didn't disappoint.

*The rare 3rd encore with not one but two great songs (and i never saw indifference either), made this one of those really good concerts. Not *epic*, but really good.

Just got to any of the low side sections and say anyone want to buy me a beer if I trade my 2 floor tix for your seats? I'm not tall enough to see down there. You'll have a dozen offers within 5 seconds, you'll be able to see, and you'll make someone's night too. Just an idea.

Thanks for the idea...hopefully someone offers the swap...wish me good luck.
    :)
  • Options
    people with 300xxx+ where were your seats??

Sorry, I thought my number was in the 300's but I checked my profile and it said 200's. What the hell was I thinking...I've been so hyped about the concerts and forgot what my member # was...lol...
    I guess I was seated with the 300's...but that section people were having so much fun.
  • Options
    Thanks to the 10C I had floor seats and brought my 19 year old daughter- her first time seeing PJ live. I told her beforehand that she was about to witness the biggest and best sing-along ever. Well, I couldn't have described it better because the energy between the crowd and the band was amazing. Not floor seats tonight, but I'm bringing two other daughters ( their first time, too) and I can't wait to get back there.

Currently listening: MSG July 8th, 2003 : - )
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    Brez wrote:
    I'm 369xxx

http://www.thegarden.com/seating/index.html

I was the last row in section 111.

Hopefully you are tall and at least got to see the band on stage...right?!?
  • Options

I was in Section 12 second row
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,196
    F'N great show! it was my 12th show and off the top of my head i would say it is easily top 3 for me, maybe the best. i've pretty much been to all the local shows since '96 including randall's island night 2, Jones Beach 1/2/3, MSG '03 and Meadowlands '06 (night 2 with great 10C seats, awesome show) and this rivals them all. i was pumped up going in, but when i picked up my 10C tix and saw floor seats it just took it to another level.

I was also in Section 8 row F and the guy next to me was also at his 12th show (Thorns2010 was that you, just curious) and i think the crowd was great! i loved the setlist, lots of rare shit, covers and a good mix of ten through yield. before the show i told my wife and friends that i wanted to hear down, love reign oer me, alive and i believe in miracles (as soon as CJ Ramone came out i was screaming for it) and they played all four, FUCK YEAH!!!!! i also thought they would open with all night, but it came a little later. the only thing missing was one sung by stone, hopefully we'll get mankind or dont gimme no lip tonight!

setlist: i loved it, after 12 shows im just hoping to see something for the first time (6 new ones for me) and get some old standbys and they nailed it. my wife (who loved the show and mentioned she now wants to see them at the Gorge!!!!) and a couple of friends who are casual fans would have liked to hear some more that they recognized, but they enjoyed the show nonetheless.

highlights: the whole thing, who you are, wma and the four i mentioned above.

lowlights: my feet are killing me and $7 beers at the bar before the show, missing the 11:38 train and taking the 12:23 without a seat.

funny shit: i saw a guy tackled by six security guards right in front of us. was that the guy who threw the t-shirt? after they took him down, he just tried to get back up like "its cool, no problem" and down he went again.

cant wait for night 2, but im in 331 row K. i took a look up from my floor seats last night and i dont think i will be unhappy with tonights seats.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    [quote="DiRtyFranK38
    closing with indifference was huge for me. loved it[/quote"]

From all the reviews this show sounds amazing. I'm so happy for all of you that experienced it. I get butterflies in my stomach reading all of your posts.

PJ closed with indifference back in '95 in San Diego, and I've wanted to experience it again ever since. LUCKY people :D
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    From all the reviews this show sounds amazing. I'm so happy for all of you that experienced it. I get butterflies in my stomach reading all of your posts.

PJ closed with indifference back in '95 in San Diego, and I've wanted to experience it again ever since. LUCKY people :D

They closed a New Jersey 2006 show with it too. That makes 2 out of the last 3 shows that I have seen closed with Indifference. I loved it, but my friend that went with me, it's been his favorite song since it came out. It's the soundtrack of his life, growing up with drug addicted parents. He was also with me in 2003 when they played it with Ben harper
  • Options
    onePJfanonePJfan Posts: 57
    Just got home to Buffalo NY from the show last night at MSG and I have to say that was the most energetic PJ show I have ever been to. I have seen them 7 times and this was by far the best show I've seen. Eddie said the crowd was making the stage shake....rock on PJ fans.
  • Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    They closed a New Jersey 2006 show with it too. That makes 2 out of the last 3 shows that I have seen closed with Indifference. I loved it, but my friend that went with me, it's been his favorite song since it came out. It's the soundtrack of his life, growing up with drug addicted parents. He was also with me in 2003 when they played it with Ben harper

Oh God I love it with Ben Harper. I have been trying to figure out my fave song for years, it's between Indifference and Release.

sorry for getting off topic :(
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    the first show was great and looking forward to tonights..
  • Options

I'm 375xxx, and we were in Section 111, row D. Right on the side of the stage but not too far away. I echo another short person's comment from before about these being better than floor...at the Meadowlands 06 I snagged a 10C ticket extra from another person on the board and he was 100xxx, and his were actually pretty close, row W, but I could not see the band at all the entire time. This time I saw everything every member of the band was doing and I felt pretty close to them. It was great.
    9/13/98 -- Hartford, CT
    7/9/03 -- NY, NY
    5/13/06 -- Hartford, CT
    6/3/06 -- E. Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/08 -- NY, NY
    6/27/08 -- Hartford, CT
    6/28/08 -- Mansfield, MA
    10/30/09 -- Philadelphia, PA
    5/15/10 -- Hartford, CT
    5/21/10 -- NY, NY
    10/25/13 -- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    BarackStar wrote:
    I'm not new to this board...Used to write under a different name many moons ago, and then, well, then kind of ran out of things to say. I recently, rejoined, as it appeared that we all had more to say - and as this tour went on I was anxious to join in the conversation.

I should let you know before we get any further, that I have been to some of the pantheon shows in the history of this band...9/28/96 and 9/29/96 (the gold standard), 9/11/98, The No Code show from Jones Beach III (as well as the other two and 12 other that tour, MSG's 03, The Gorge's 05' and '06, Vote for Change...all told about, and I mean exactly, 51 shows by my last count.

Tonight, tonight was different that all that came before. Every fan of this band was looking forward to these shows at MSG, and it turns out, the band knew it. I remember the second night in '03 when Ed made reference to like 7,000 fan club night 1, and 9,000 or something night II. Make no mistake about it, this band knows what MSG means to us, and the great thing is, we know what MSG means to this band.

This was my 4th show of this tour (Camden's and DC) and while unreal...tonight was, it was just on another level. Tonight was a night were it felt like the whole building knew the words to Down...We're 20,000 people sang along to Faithfull. If you were milling around the garden before these shows tonight, you know how hard people were trying to get tickets. You would've thought they were playing Irving Plaza with the amount of die-hard fans scratching and clawing there way into the garden. It was unlike anything I have ever seen.

I'll write more the show after I come down and digest. But, I really, REALLY, must stress the "vibe" tonight. It was the Vic with 20,000 people...I have never seen an audience react to a band like that...Springsteen in Jersey, you name it - nothing touched that crowd tonight. I love boots, and I have more than I can listen too - but if you want a boot that sounds like life depends on enjoying the next song...well, this is the show for you.

Kudos to New York, kudos to all you lucky ones who came from and wide...and most importantly, kudos to this band - who despite years, despite fan apathy for their greatest hits, despite our age and our inability to rock like we did in '92...god bless, their ability, their desire, their newfound acceptance of their iconic status, their joy in knowing our joy, and, shit, why not, their ability to never cease to amaze and grow (and by grow I mean back-up singers...and CJ Ramone).

Just, unreal, unreal in every sense of the word.

MSG tonight rocked unlike anything I've ever seen - until tomorrow :-). I hope, I pray, and - the best part - I know.

Great review! From the Hard to Imagine opening to the end of the night, I just felt so lucky to be there. The energy was amazing. I had feelings that I just cannot put into words. Simply AMAZING!
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Hinny wrote:
    The showpiece city of the tour, and the touring internationals take over the front row in the lottery!

the Aussie, the French, the Mexican... who else? Makes sense, for such an international place!

I don't know if einatshaul has responded to this yet, but there was an Israeli in front too!!! :D

God Damn, I'm so glad she had me as a seat mate. I have NEVER been up front, not even back in the general admission days.

This was so worth the short trip - 25hrs in NYC total. I just had the best fucking day of my life! Plus, a kind crew person gave me a copy of the setlist. I'm going to be framing it, tape and all. :p

I wish I could be there tonight, but I'm back in Seattle and will be watching the setlist from home.

I hope everyone has a fantastic time.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    MrFadedGloryMrFadedGlory Posts: 207
    Honestly, maybe you were in a dead spot or something, but I was in section 8, and for much of the night, the entire floor in front of me looked like a sea of people jumping and bobbing and stuff. Aside from a few GA shows, it was the best energy I'd ever seen down front at a PJ show.

I left very, very impressed -- and it made my night.

Actually I was the eye in the sky and there was a dead spot around rows 3-12, The back sections on the floor were rockin all night. It was not an illusion, from like rows 12 and back it was hopping all night. But honestly, even row 1, row fucking 1 on Mike's side were taking a lot of time off during songs. It was pretty weird actually - there was this dead spot in the front to middle of the floor seats - seriously.
    Left the Porch
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Haven't read through a lot of the posts yet...but I'm sure all the reviews are in. I just wanted to weigh in on the 10C seats. We had Section 9 row G and the seats were perfect. It was the back section on the floor, but the seats were in a small scale stadium slant, so it made it so we all could see fairly well! Yay. Anyway...awesome time, and we had a lively, extremely friendly section...so thanks to all for the great atmosphere. So sad Im not there tonight!!!!
  • Options
    Awesome! Fantastic show last night, though I had to leave early to catch a train. ACK!
    Cool to see another Haligonian was at the show last night. I saw them in Halifax in 05....I have to say that I preferred the setlist from that show but the energy last night couldn't be beat! Wish I was there again right now!
  • Options
    Ten Club n00b. 2nd show for me, first since '98 or '99 in Atlanta. It's all pretty much been said, but I thought the show really jumped off with the "Helloooooo" tremendousness during Small Town. Really would have liked Black.

This isn't my video, but we all got pwned around 1:35. 2:15 was pretty awesome too.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uc4nLd5k6TE

The capital of this rugged slang is Wu-Tang.
  • Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    Here's some photos I took from MSG night 1. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanbickett/sets/72157605818112372/
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Hopefully you are tall and at least got to see the band on stage...right?!?

I'm around 5' 11" and I could see just fine. Don't you worry, I had a freakin' blast!
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    mtnjmtnj Posts: 2
    freaking great show. we rocked that bitch!
  • Options
    Panic821Panic821 Posts: 106
    Some videos i took. I recommend clicking the 'watch in high quality' link on the bottom right of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=panic821&p=r
    my signature.
  • Options
    DontGotIDDontGotID Posts: 137
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i got thrown out for throwing my shirt on stage during alive !!!lol

great show though

haha yeah i saw that from where i was. I thought security wayy overreacted.
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    just to share via this site

http://www.relix.com/Features/Show_Reviews/Pearl_Jam_%E2%80%93_Madison_Square_Garden-6%1024%1008_200806262998.html

"For their first show in New York City in nearly five years, according to Eddie Vedder, the band was so excited that they negotiated a later curfew with the MSG staff, only fitting for the city that never sleeps. This night, they played a majority of older songs, only mixing in a couple of tunes from their most recent albums, alongside their older originals and classic covers.

The first set included the hits Corduroy, Even Flow, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Whipping, and ended with an all-out rockin’ Do the Evolution. This was an especially timely version, as Eddie dedicated it to the recently departed George Carlin. He must have been in good spirits, as usual, because Vedder even started a “Let’s Go Rangers” chant during the jam of Daughter.
    Of the three encores after this set, the most crowd rousing tunes were Spin the Black Circle, after which Vedder let his opinion on iTunes and the digital music revolution be known (hint: he prefers vinyl); The Ramones’ original I Believe in Miracles featuring bassist CJ Ramone; the always crowd-pleasing Alive; and the forever over-covered All Along the Watchtower. For Pearl Jam fans though, every song is a crowd pleaser, and every song is a chance to sing along to an old favorite. The sold out crowd did not sit for the entirety of the two-and-a-half-hour show, and who could blame them?"
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    The 1/2 Full was just incredible. I used to not like that song but now I do after this performance. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009