Options

*** MSG 1 Fanviews Here 6/24/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Some images to get you guys going from sec 94!

http://imgcake.com/img/dsc02610.jpg

http://imgcake.com/img/dsc02617.jpg

http://imgcake.com/img/dsc02622.jpg

The last one came out really nicely. If you like them, I'll post a few more. I think these are the best though.

Cool, I was in the first row, seat 10 of 94, so those and the videos are from the same vantage point. Thanks!
    ---
    arf
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    over_bends wrote:
    Everyone needs to stop what they are doing and watch this. The camera work needs well... work but I tried my best to keep my hands steady, although I think it came out just fine. Anyway, chills will run down your spine. This is a performance for the ages. Mark it down. LROM - MSG/08... classic. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PuHTqiGTw

I just can't believe I was there...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    SICK SICK SICK Show- blew away DC

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Cool, I was in the first row, seat 10 of 94, so those and the videos are from the same vantage point. Thanks!

Wow! I was 1st row seat 8! We were two seats apart haha, that's great. That ledge provided great stability to make those videos.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    This was my 12th show, and while I thought it was a good one...it didn't feel like anything special to me.

I've always said seat location doesn't matter to me, but thats really the only thing I can think of as to why I didn't enjoy it more.

I was row 30 on the floor, or 4th row after the break in the floor. And I would say these were the 3rd furthest back I've been.

Maybe I'm just getting old...I dunno (I'm only 27) but once the 2nd encore started I was dead. I still rocked my ass off, and I did so the whole night, but I dunno I just wasn't feeling it.

It was cool hearing songs I haven't heard live yet, but yeah, I guess it being my first show since San Fran III in '06 and the awsomeness of being in the pit only about 5-6 people deep is hard to live up too?
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    Wow! I was 1st row seat 8! We were two seats apart haha, that's great. That ledge provided great stability to make those videos.

Wow, that's ridiculous. I was the one with the long hair wearing the Choices (9 out of 10 kids prefer crayons to guns) shirt. I'm relatively sure I know what you look like, so if we're sitting near each other again I'll be sure to say hello.
    ---
    arf
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,221
    Just got back....crowd was intense

All Night was cool with back up singers + what seemed like an extended ending.Who u are was beautiful...and Present Tense was on point

Glad to see Love Reign O'er Me,WMA,Watchtower,Indifference,STBC

They seemed tight like a drum tonite(not like they aren't always)

I had a blast, my voice is gonna be lost

Only thing I could ask for was a song or 2 off Binaural..thats it

Lotta Fun
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    over_bends wrote:
    Everyone needs to stop what they are doing and watch this. The camera work needs well... work but I tried my best to keep my hands steady, although I think it came out just fine. Anyway, chills will run down your spine. This is a performance for the ages. Mark it down. LROM - MSG/08... classic. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PuHTqiGTw
    thank you so much. the fans are rocking out. ohhh so awesome.
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i got thrown out for throwing my shirt on stage during alive !!!lol

great show though

the same guy who was offered $13K for his tix....hah
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    Not to sound like a broken record...but I have never, ever seen or heard a crowd like the one at the Garden tonight. I thought that building was gonna explode three or four songs in. It seemed at many points everyone was just singing and screaming their hearts out. You could feel it in your bones, the love, energy and intensity.

The floor was shaking all night, and the crowd was so loud Ed seemed to almost lose timing on a couple of songs, letting the crowd take over. The energy was simply amazing, far and above any concert I have ever attended.

Some moments that stood out for me....

Hard To Imagine- stellar, a great opener, sets a great tone

Why Go- just set the place on fire

Present Tense- Words can't describe this one, unfucking real, the way Ed was almost yelling the lyrics...the crowd...this was most definetely the highlight of this show for me. I can't wait to hear this again.

1/2 Full-spot on

Mike's extended, behind the head solo on Even Flow

Faithful & WMA-perfect

As tired people may be of certain songs, every single one was at its best tonight, and I wouldn't care if tomorrow had the same setlist, just bring back that crowd and that energy.

The entire show was insane and words will never do it justice. Unbelievable. Setlist wise it doesn't top some of the other classics, but it was damn strong, and the more I think about it, it may have been the best show I've ever attended.

Thanks to all the great people that were there, lets rock it even harder tomorrow!!
    Where do i go to soothe my head? Guess i'll turn on music instead.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    One of the most amazing moments of the night:

The intro music starts. Everyone starts slowly standing up and some cheering begins. Then the house lights go out and all you see is the wave backdrop pulsing with green and blue light..

And then the ROAR...

When they came out, the roar of the crowd was deafening. I've never heard anything like that. It was amazing, the wall of sound those guys faced when they came out. That'd be enough to make me shit my pants and run away. And yet, they faced the Garden head on, like a bull, and brought it to its knees.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Wow, that's ridiculous. I was the one with the long hair wearing the Choices (9 out of 10 kids prefer crayons to guns) shirt. I'm relatively sure I know what you look like, so if we're sitting near each other again I'll be sure to say hello.

Yea for sure, with the whole fan club seating arrangements I'm sure that's a possibility.

And also from tonight, it's Leash! Enjoy everybody! The crowd is once again nuts. I don't know if I'll upload any others. They came out pretty shaky and blurry. But this one was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHzoH6NEkk
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    over_bends wrote:
    Yea for sure, with the whole fan club seating arrangements I'm sure that's a possibility.

And also from tonight, it's Leash! Enjoy everybody! The crowd is once again nuts. I don't know if I'll upload any others. They came out pretty shaky and blurry. But this one was great.

you should upload whatever you shot, mine are the same way, especially because i pan around trying to get the fans involved.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Oh my god. Tonight was amazing. I loved every moment.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    To elaborate..

This was my 1st show.. but what an amazing one it was.. the crowd me included singing every lyrics, with PASSION! Loudest concert I've EVER been to..

Suuuuucchhh an amazing time tonight. My poster is kinda ruined :(
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Oh and, if we didn't know that they were planning another record, I would totally say that this was their farewell tour. As sad as that is to think about, it really has that kind of vibe about it, ESPECIALLY with these MSG shows.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 178
    Reading this thread seals the deal: Next time Pearl Jam is playing MSG on tour, I'm using my TC status and going, $600 airfare from Michigan be damned. ... Kicking myself right now for not fighting my wife harder on doing a barnstormer 2-day trip to see both shows (having a toddler at home and big vacation that starts next week was too tough to overcome. lol)

I'm praying and faithing and hoping the band adds some midwestern dates for the fall.
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    The showpiece city of the tour, and the touring internationals take over the front row in the lottery!

the Aussie, the French, the Mexican... who else? Makes sense, for such an international place!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    So, they began with Hard To Imagine... very very nice....

then....

they melted our fucking faces off with Save You, and then MSG just EXPLODED!!!

the band jumping around all over... the floor shaking... the crowd completely BERSERK!!

INSANE SHOW!!!!!!!
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I think they came out on fire........ the front 9 were great... the back 9 (it's a nice day, figured i would use a golf term) didnt have the same grrrrrr the start did.

Ed wore the same freaking shirt in Camden..... (that really annoys me)

I had the best time..... cant wait for tonight!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    over_bends wrote:

These are great, thanks for posting. I hope some versions with the whole arena shown will also surface, because we were video-worthy :)

I am bringing my camera tonight.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    I was the relayer for the show last night, and my god what a fantastic show the guys put on. I got my tickets, section 111, side of the stage on Mikes side, about 12 rows back from the stage. For my 359XXX number, these seats were probably the best I've had. I could see the band very clearly, and was even offered to trade by a guy who was middle floor with a 178XXX number, (which made me feel kinda good about my tickets for once!)

Ted Leo was done by 8, giving the impression that the band would come on a little early. The crowd was a little late arriving, but by 8:40 when the show started, seats were full. HTI was great to hear again, the crowd was into it. Before All Night, Ed announced that after some tentative arguments with the folks in NY, they got the curfew pushed back, and then some guys who have gone on the road with them came out and sang backup on All Night which was sweet. During the start of Corduroy, the Garden WAS Bouncing, you could feel the sway up and down. AMAZING!

Faithful was a great treat, as was Down. I think nearly everyone in the building was jumping up and down during GTF. Whipping was played to perfection, and 1/2 Full was on point, although during the jam at the end the amps cut out for about a second which got everyone a little nervous.

The encores just blew me away. LROM, W.M.A, STBC, Miracles, Watchtower...the band just nailed all of these songs...and, the crowd was singing along with every word. I'd certainly say that this show rivaled the crowd of Philly 05, and I don't know if I can pick which one was better, but the energy in the building was something I had never felt.

On a more personal note, I brought my dad to the show for his first time seeing PJ. He was absolutely floored. On the way out, he said to me "You know, I never really understood where you were coming from when you talked about this band...and now I absolutely do."

I can only hope that tonight brings on a show that is equal if not better. Thank you to PJ for a memorable night, and we'll see you at the show tonight!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Well played show with a diverse set list. Mike was really active, and Ed was genuinely happy to be at MSG. I am pretty tired this morning. Oh yeah, didn't get a poster. Maybe tonight.
  • Options
    tomac24tomac24 Posts: 3
    This was my first time MSG, usually go to Camden. What an awsome show and crowd. fist id like to say that the opening band rock the house as well, they did a great job. we had gone to DC on sunday, great show, but the sound was horrible, kept telling myself it wasnt, but after last night i unfortunatly say it again, PJ sounded perfect last night. DC sounded muddy and rushed. ive been to many shows and this is def. at the top. thank you 10c, ive never had a bad seat, great job. NYC was great, wish i was going tonight. by the way,there was alot of KA weed being smoked up last night, im sure that had something to do with the vibe:)
  • Options
    ragejoe wrote:
    Well... 23 Pearl Jam show... MOST CONSISTENT ENERGY EVER BY FAR... my god how does this band have so much energy??? IM dyin right now, sittin in the SOHO GRAND IN NYC trying to get the energy to go out

The Soho Grand? So where is that located?
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Sea wrote:
    Set List: Hard To Imagine, Save You, Why Go, All Night (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Corduroy, Faithfull, Small Town, Down, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Who You Are (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Whipping, 1/2 Full, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Pete Townshend), W.M.A. (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch

Encore 2: No More, Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams), Comatose, I Believe In Miracles (with guest C.J. Ramone playing bass guitar) (Ramone, Ray), Alive

Encore 3: All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan), Indifference

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

it'll be a short review cause i have limited time on the computer

loved ted leo's energy and especially that song bomb repeat bomb. he was thankin PJ a lot, which was cool. he moved from song to song quickly, considering he only had 30mins, as he said. not many people in their seats for his set :(

it was cool that PJ was experimenting cause i thought the back up singers was a cool thing to do...anything to make it different.

the floor was indeed bouncing up and down and that was a crazy feeling

more than anything else they played love reign and i cant thank them enough for that nugget. such a great song. absolutely incredible

a lot of singers for no more, which was very powerful.

also they played watchtower which surprised me and i love that song so much. the band does a really good job at cover songs.

overall based on the show and the whole nyc/msg experience i'd give it 9.5 out 10...it doesn't get a 10 cause the double vodkas were $15 ;)
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:
    Gadzooks!

That is all.
    one word that says it all, Gadzooks!
    2003/04/28 - The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    2004/10/01 - Sovereign Center - Reading, PA
    2005/09/01 - The Gorge - George, WA
    2006/05/28 - Tweeter Center - Camden, NJ
    2008/06/18 - Susquehanna Center - Camden, NJ
    2008/06/24 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    whome13 wrote:
    Three best quotes of the night:

"I now have 'Tom Brady love' for Eddie Vedder." -random guy outside after the concert
    "I'd like to thank God who I don't believe in for this support" -Ed in encore
    "Did they play Ten?" -some guy who missed the first part of the main set
    :D LMFAO... they're brilliant!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

On a more personal note, I brought my dad to the show for his first time seeing PJ. He was absolutely floored. On the way out, he said to me "You know, I never really understood where you were coming from when you talked about this band...and now I absolutely do."
    Awwwww :o I love that moment when other people finally get it :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I felt the bounce for the first time last night. It was just incredible!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!