Options

*** MSG 1 Fanviews Here 6/24/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33NpGPXgjvg - INDIFFERENCE

Bear through the opening seconds. It gets very nice after about 20 seconds.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    I just going to copy and paste this into the Camden I, DC, and both MSG threads....

GREATEST WEEK EVER!

Mike was on fire

the RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who You Are 4 times?!?!

Ace Frehley with MIKE on lead vocals? MIKE??????? that was so fucking sweet.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    little late getting to respond here but.....FANTASTIC show! amazing, the crowd and the band! it has been FAR too long since pearl jam last rocked the garden, and all the shows and differing states/countires i have seen them since....both MSG 2008 shows reminded me why MSG is *IT*...!!! plenty of great shows and crowds elsewhere to be certain, but there really Is something truly magical about the garden, off the hook crazy participation and ENERGY! NY LOVES pearl jam! and soooo many people love/visit MSG for pearl jam....so it's just a beautiful relationship.

revisit the garden more often! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    little late getting to respond here but.....FANTASTIC show! amazing, the crowd and the band! it has been FAR too long since pearl jam last rocked the garden, and all the shows and differing states/countires i have seen them since....both MSG 2008 shows reminded me why MSG is *IT*...!!! plenty of great shows and crowds elsewhere to be certain, but there really Is something truly magical about the garden, off the hook crazy participation and ENERGY! NY LOVES pearl jam! and soooo many people love/visit MSG for pearl jam....so it's just a beautiful relationship.

revisit the garden more often! :D
    ENERGY is the key word there...Man, the connection the band feeds off the MGS crowd was indescribable...you can feel it when you're there.

I hope we get a DVD of both nights. :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Best Present Tense ever, I dont know, something sounded a little different, maybe its a "new" version, the drums were different- but excellent, really appreciated it.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    Best Present Tense ever, I dont know, something sounded a little different, maybe its a "new" version, the drums were different- but excellent, really appreciated it.

Agree 100%
  • Options
    I third that. Stole the show for me, along with Reign O'er Me. Reminded me of seeing STBC in toronto, 03. Never really got into the song until I saw it live. Now it's a favorite
  • Options
    melpumelpu Posts: 44
    Actually I was the eye in the sky and there was a dead spot around rows 3-12, The back sections on the floor were rockin all night. It was not an illusion, from like rows 12 and back it was hopping all night. But honestly, even row 1, row fucking 1 on Mike's side were taking a lot of time off during songs. It was pretty weird actually - there was this dead spot in the front to middle of the floor seats - seriously.

On Mike's side in the first few rows is where many of the wheelchair folk were seated. They WERE definitely rocking, although from a sitting position.
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • Options
    I third that. Stole the show for me, along with Reign O'er Me. Reminded me of seeing STBC in toronto, 03. Never really got into the song until I saw it live. Now it's a favorite

Same here for me, only with Whipping. Blew me away on Tuesday night.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    over_bends wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33NpGPXgjvg - INDIFFERENCE

Bear through the opening seconds. It gets very nice after about 20 seconds.

ha! i see the back of me and my buddy's heads.

that was a sweet way to end the show.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    amazing show the highlight for me was hearing LEASH, DOWN, and no matter how many shows youve been to its always amzing to hear alive in the show
    colin sheffield
  • Options
    SizlaqSizlaq Posts: 2
    Whats that about Frehley in this show?

Did he appeared and i miss it?

AT WHAT TIME?!?!?!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Sizlaq wrote:
    Whats that about Frehley in this show?

Did he appeared and i miss it?

AT WHAT TIME?!?!?!

he was there night 2 and they did a killer black diamond
  • Options
    given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    Well I'm headed back to work after my 2 days in NYC. What an experience!

Both shows were amazing, I loved night 1 setlist over night 2 but both were stellar. The guys were on FIRE! You could tell they were having a great time. But they threw down some amazing tunes. I've always wanted to see HTI live and to open with it just gave me the shivers.

The crowd was great, out of all the shows I've ever been to, my favorite is Pearl Jam - to see a whole arena jumping - fists in the air is just a powerful sight.

Great shows, thanks guys! I scored Ticketmaster seats night 1, Ten Club Ticketmaster seats night 2, section 307 and 309 respectively. Not perfect but not bad either. Great venue, great city and I didn't want to come home! Can't wait for Mansfield! Yay!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    MrFadedGloryMrFadedGlory Posts: 207
    melpu wrote:
    On Mike's side in the first few rows is where many of the wheelchair folk were seated. They WERE definitely rocking, although from a sitting position.

My bad...maybe the rest of the rows were rocking from a seated position also then, but something was up. I'm just glad they played LROM and blew the roof off the joint!
    Left the Porch
  • Options
    jam420247jam420247 Posts: 3
    do they open up the giftshop when ten club members are getting there tickets around 1 or 2 has this happened at any of the shows this year
  • Options
    88keys88keys Posts: 151
    This was my 12th show and I must say that they get better everytime I see them! Eddie's voice was in tip top shape and the rest of the guys were right on! The highlight of the night for me was seeing CJ Ramone come out and play bass on "I Believe in Miracles". On a side note... one of my friends who is also in the 10c won the ticket lottery and was seated in the 10th row. Lucky bastard!
    Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Night 1 was my favorite of the two with the notable exception of Black Diamond on Night 2. I think the crowd was slightly more intense and getting Love Reign O'er Me and Watchtower was tasty.

But picking a best night at MSG is like picking a favorite child.

Some of my favorite moments -

Hard To Imagine - Great opener and it said it all - I couldn't imagine what I was about to experience. I was about to see two shows that just about edged out Randall's Island as my favorite.

All Night - Never really cared much for this song until I heard it live. And the backup singers really fit in well.

Whipping - Such a great, high energy song. It's the first thing I jammed on guitar with when I got home.

Present Tense - I thought they did a slightly better version in Tampa, but Jeff's base lines on night 1 were fucking amazing.

Do The Evolution - Yes! The floor really WAS bouncing....

Love Reign O'er Me, W.M.A., Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch - Might just be the best encore 1 ever. Loved Mike and Jeff circling each other during STBC.

Crazy Mary - Not a huge fan of this song either, but Boom and Mike just killed the ending. I'm a believer in CM now.

Comatose - Just a great song live and one of my favorites from 8.

I Believe In Miracles - Great to see CJ play with the band. Thankfully at least one surviving Ramone got to take the MSG stage.

All Along The Watchtower - Wasn't expecting to get that one, expecially after getting Love Reign O'er Me.

Indifference - Very nice way to end the evening, especially since I knew I'd be back for more the next night.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    amazing show the highlight for me was hearing LEASH, DOWN, and no matter how many shows youve been to its always amzing to hear alive in the show

i hear ya on alive!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    as a person who never attended a show at MSG I was extremely impressed by the venue. Great sound, lots of people, and the floor swaying as Ed referred to was fucking cool.

Show was great, lots of good stuff, the guest singers were a great addition, and I would say WMA and Who You Are got better every night I have seen them.

what I did not like- the fact you did not even have to be in the show/have a ticket to walk right in and buy a poster. So many people who wanted a memento of that night were screwed because flippers who give two shits about the band. Ten club you need to think about this method.

overall I left MSG 1 thinking it will be hard to top this in night two.

8.5-9/10 score
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    Seems like another great show! These guys are the gift that just keeps on giving! Really glad for those who went and had a great time...And again thanks to all for the great fanviews! Means a whole lot to those who couldn't be there...And is this true or is the article BS? I read this line from the article and I couldn't believe it, can anyone elaborate on this "The band treated the crowd to a song off the band's yet- to-be- released new album." (From http://www.redorbit.com/news/entertainment/1450124/pearl_jam_stirs_crowd_to_a_boil/) Is that for real or did I miss something?
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Seems like another great show! These guys are the gift that just keeps on giving! Really glad for those who went and had a great time...And again thanks to all for the great fanviews! Means a whole lot to those who couldn't be there...And is this true or is the article BS? I read this line from the article and I couldn't believe it, can anyone elaborate on this "The band treated the crowd to a song off the band's yet- to-be- released new album." (From http://www.redorbit.com/news/entertainment/1450124/pearl_jam_stirs_crowd_to_a_boil/) Is that for real or did I miss something?

yea that was a very strange moment, eddie said soemthing like "this song is off our next album" and they went into unemployable. maybe when he said "next" he meant "last", or maybe it was a fraudian slip! but someone better correct the dude who wrote the column its not called "unemployment"
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    i added photos to my review. it goes to a flickr site with a few more. wish i had more shows to go to on this tour.
  • Options
    great show indeed.
    - munko man -
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    For those of you there
    what was Mike doing here? Filming?

and check out that guy in front singing, the security looks like they are tripping on everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME85pPJy8Fc&feature=related
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    krzzzymary wrote:
    For those of you there
    what was Mike doing here? Filming?

and check out that guy in front singing, the security looks like they are tripping on everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME85pPJy8Fc&feature=related

yea, i saw mike grab his camera earlier in the show too. there were rumors going around they were going to film for a dvd that night (or both nights) and i thought maybe that would be for a special feature, or maybe just for mike.

and at the risk of sounding unhip, what do you mean by "tripping on everyone"?! haha i had to ask.
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    spat wrote:
    yea that was a very strange moment, eddie said soemthing like "this song is off our next album" and they went into unemployable. maybe when he said "next" he meant "last", or maybe it was a fraudian slip! but someone better correct the dude who wrote the column its not called "unemployment"

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up, so yeah the article isn't entire BS and I'm not dellusional, that's good, so Eddie just said that and didn't treat you guys to anything new? And I really hope that Eddie didn't mean "Last" album!! Because honestly it would be a travestiy to the world of music and rock'n'roll if they stopped! Haha! I didn't notice the dude wrote "Unemployment"! Again, thanks a whole lot spat! And lol spat, I'm also gonna sound unhip, because I don't get what "tripping on everyone" means either and haha, I'm 18, I should know the hip lingo by now :p
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    So I'm writing this almost 5 days after the show back home in the UK and the excitment is still pretty fresh...more so for the way superior MSG night 2 show but night 1 was still great.

10C put us in the front row of section 94 which was the first row of the proper tiers as they go round the back so we had a pretty amazing view of the whole stage. Crowd around us were dissapointing, way too many pissed up people who arrived late and bitched about their seats...and in one couples case stood in the aisle for an hour and left during Comatose....what was that about?

Hard To Imagine was a weak opener after all the build up but Why Go and Given To Fly were outstanding. It seemed like the set really lost it's energy around Daughter and it never really recovered apart from during Leash. By the time Alive rolled around most folk around us were sitting down which was a shame.

A great show.....a nice warm up for what was to come the next night.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018