Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 6/27/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    I CANT SLEEP!!!!

This set is just out of control. Immortality sounded fan-fuckin-tastic.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    ninerniner Posts: 72
    Amazing set list, but Eddie was on fire tonight. It was his night, Mike too. They jumping and grooving and having a blast. Lots of energy

Security there were a bunch of mutha fuckin assholes!! I have never seen such pricks and female guards were worse. We were exiting during YLB and I just wanted a closer picture of the band and was accosted by this woman guard grabbing my arms & yelling at me to leave. I'm a 5'2" sober, 42 year old woman, wtf, am I going to bomb the stage that point. there was about 90 seconds left to the show. AND don't get me started about the ticket line. fuck them too. They were practically insighting a riot. Having a cop say "The box office opens at 2" is pretty shitty considering we all can't get there at that time, so she can blow me too. I will never go to that venue again. Just a bunch of assholes. (venting, still pissed)
    AND ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I had a great time, but there was way too much stress & bullshit.
  • Options
    Ok, the setlist is incredible, I had no idea HOW incredible till I talked to some people after & I was fucking there. Why??? Because I was fucking stuck in the "Fan"club line & didn't get in the fucking building until In Hiding ended. Fucking missed In Hiding, Brain of fucking J, SAD all ones I was waiting for...actually screw it, every song I missed was something different than the usual. (With an exception of All Night.)

My best friend & I were so beyond pissed that it was really hard to get into enjoying the show by the time we finally got in. Immortality & Smile were beyond amazing. Fuckin Up is always amazing & great energy.

I just don't know what the hell was going on with the ticket line. It didn't move at all for like an hour. THEN they finally opened all the fucking windows & it went super fast...4 songs before the main set was over. Not sure who to blame for this one, but something will be done or shit is gonna fly.

Go to a show with proabably one of the best sets ever...& get screwed over. I woulda taken a lawn seat to hear the show in a heartbeat. FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Oh & the band...did they even fucking know that the people who have been supporting them for all these years missed most of the show because of the incompetence that was going on, partially because of their fanclub??? I certainly hope not, because their was no mention of it, & I would hope if they knew they woulda done something to get it moving & not started as soon as they did.

What shoulda been a kickass night, was a fucking disater. :(
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    niner wrote:
    Amazing set list, but Eddie was on fire tonight. It was his night, Mike too. They jumping and grooving and having a blast. Lots of energy

Security there were a bunch of mutha fuckin assholes!! I have never seen such pricks and female guards were worse. We were exiting during YLB and I just wanted a closer picture of the band and was accosted by this woman guard grabbing my arms & yelling at me to leave. I'm a 5'2" sober, 42 year old woman, wtf, am I going to bomb the stage that point. there was about 90 seconds left to the show. AND don't get me started about the ticket line. fuck them too. They were practically insighting a riot. Having a cop say "The box office opens at 2" is pretty shitty considering we all can't get there at that time, so she can blow me too. I will never go to that venue again. Just a bunch of assholes. (venting, still pissed)
    AND ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I had a great time, but there was way too much stress & bullshit.

I agree I was really wishing I brought my anxiety pills! lol. Happy Birthday!!
    & Yeah, I saw her manhandling a couple people unnecessarily at that point. Two were women, one was probably you. The force there is beyond ridiculous. I can see if someone is drunk & causing a scene or whatever, but once you start walking there is no need to be grabbing your arms like you're a 5 year old. I saw one security guy put a kid in like a choke hold as he was escoring him out (granted the kid tried to run to the front, but he coulda easily have grabbed the kids shirt & tossed him out.)
  • Options
    stoneg64stoneg64 Posts: 2
    I just don't know what the hell was going on with the ticket line.

It's not like I got there late. I was at that line by 7:45 and didn't get in till quarter past nine. No communication from the venue. I will never see a show in Harford again. Great set list, too bad the venue screwed things up for the fans.

I've been to 10+ shows and nothing was remotely as bad as this. Horrible horrible place to see a show.
  • Options
    Ok, the setlist is incredible, I had no idea HOW incredible till I talked to some people after & I was fucking there. Why??? Because I was fucking stuck in the "Fan"club line & didn't get in the fucking building until In Hiding ended. Fucking missed In Hiding, Brain of fucking J, SAD all ones I was waiting for...actually screw it, every song I missed was something different than the usual. (With an exception of All Night.)

My best friend & I were so beyond pissed that it was really hard to get into enjoying the show by the time we finally got in. Immortality & Smile were beyond amazing. Fuckin Up is always amazing & great energy.

I just don't know what the hell was going on with the ticket line. It didn't move at all for like an hour. THEN they finally opened all the fucking windows & it went super fast...4 songs before the main set was over. Not sure who to blame for this one, but something will be done or shit is gonna fly.

Go to a show with proabably one of the best sets ever...& get screwed over. I woulda taken a lawn seat to hear the show in a heartbeat. FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Oh & the band...did they even fucking know that the people who have been supporting them for all these years missed most of the show because of the incompetence that was going on, partially because of their fanclub??? I certainly hope not, because their was no mention of it, & I would hope if they knew they woulda done something to get it moving & not started as soon as they did.

I hear ya man, I walked in at 915 & was staring at the 10 C line, I was saddened knowing so many good fans were going to miss 1/2 if not more of the show. There were like 2 windows opened for the longest, Amazing show, but Hartford is a fuckin disaster
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    I've only seen one show so far so I knew I'd see so much new stuff.

This is how it talled up: only 3 repeats from the first set but 8/11 were repeats in the encores. What a difference halfway through. Those repeats were amazing though!

No new covers for me but thats cool.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    well, I can only comment from daughter forward, as I joined several hundred other fans on line outside the venue for Can't Keep to Not For You. From Daughter to Yellow ledbetter, incredible again. The sound was way better than at MSG. I didn't think it was bad at MSG, it just sounded so much better tonight.

All in all though, a very fucked up night. 6 songs, encore break, 6 songs, encore break, 5 songs, thank you, good night
  • Options
    mattrpav wrote:
    .. I was worried coming off of MSG II.. but the entire second half of the show (starting with NFY) frick'n rocked!!

ok, this made me feel a little better, as that is the half of the show I got to see
  • Options
    ok, this made me feel a little better, as that is the half of the show I got to see

Sorry, but I'm guessing he meant cuz that's what he saw. lol.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I just got back from Hartford, and I just need to vent my frustration as one of the 10 Club members who got FUCKED OVER by whoever was responsible for the INSANE line to pick up tickets, which caused me to miss THE FIRST TEN SONGS... including BRAIN OF J and IN HIDING.... I have been waiting 10 years to see In Hiding live, and this was probably my only chance this tour. You could barely hear shit until you got inside the venue. I didn't even know they played Brain of J and Big Wave until I read this set list.

Granted, what I saw was amazing, and I enjoyed every fucking second of it, even fucking Alive, but FUCK, I really did miss the better part of the set.

i missed IN HIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

The 10 Club line was FUCKED. 10 Club members sat and watched as non-members went thru about five or six very short lines, while we sat in one gifuckingnormous line, barely moving, listening to muffled Pearl Jam.

Again, the band was great... the crowd energy as well. overall, it was a good experience. but TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT will forever leave a black mark on this show for a whole lot of 10C members.
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    Reverb wrote:
    No, the Hartford crew was not lucky: the 10c will call line for tickets was a frickin disaster. There had to be 1,000 10c'ers still in line to pick up their tickets at 9:30pm, while PJ went on around 9:15. There were 5 windows that were totally overloaded and they were sooo slow.

I expect to hear gripes here as more of these guys get home.
    Here's my gripe. I just got home... yes its 4:20AM WTF..... My car freaking overheated too. Worst show ever for me....EVER. Stood in 10club line for over an hour... Missed 9 or 10 songs? Got in at Not For You (around 10:05pm?)..... I'm beyond pissed at this point more exhausted.....ugh
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I just got back from Hartford, and I just need to vent my frustration as one of the 10 Club members who got FUCKED OVER by whoever was responsible for the INSANE line to pick up tickets, which caused me to miss THE FIRST TEN SONGS... including BRAIN OF J and IN HIDING.... I have been waiting 10 years to see In Hiding live, and this was probably my only chance this tour. You could barely hear shit until you got inside the venue. I didn't even know they played Brain of J and Big Wave until I read this set list.

Granted, what I saw was amazing, and I enjoyed every fucking second of it, even fucking Alive, but FUCK, I really did miss the better part of the set.

i missed IN HIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

The 10 Club line was FUCKED. 10 Club members sat and watched as non-members went thru about five or six very short lines, while we sat in one gifuckingnormous line, barely moving, listening to muffled Pearl Jam.

Again, the band was great... the crowd energy as well. overall, it was a good experience. but TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT will forever leave a black mark on this show for a whole lot of 10C members.

yes.... lol I read this after I posted. Except I let my night be ruined after people were in my seats....and were jerky about it.....Dodge staff stunk too. So it completely ruined my night..... I did smile during smile though.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    First off WHAT AN AMAZING EFFIN SETLIST!!! These guys really know how to mix it up huh? It's amazing that they have shows night after night and they still know what to give their fans, ofcourse I wasn't there and I'm just filled with jealousy again lol...But I'm glad for the people who went and atleast got to see half of the show...But God! I hate hearing stories about those assholic authorities, you can barely call those guys "Security"! Yeah, I wasn't there, but jeez, reading about how long the line took and how it was handled and then pepper spraying people as they were trying to get out really pissed me off! I feel so bad for the awesome 10clubbers that had to expeirence this! It seems like it was a kick ass setlist and the band was tight and to have some bullshit like this to ruin the night for you guys just fucking sucks! And seriously if I was there and that guy said "well it was open at 2" I would've shoved something up his ass! What the hell? Does he not know that most of you guys have "Lives" and actually have to work?! Yeah, I maybe a student and 18 years old, but I can seriously smypathisize with you guys and that crazy guard woman that grabbed you mouthfulofsoup, what is wrong with her? As if you were a 2 year old! Seemed like a lot of bullshit happened that was uneccesary, I really feel for you guys, hope as the tour closes that the last shows at MA will be a blast and hope the line and handling and all will be much better....Sheesh! Things we fans have to go through......
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    I've got a question; Was "Can't Keep" just Ed on the uke or was it a full band performance?
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478

not their problem. stop bitchin
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    unreal show...we avoided the 10C line in it's entirety by going a little early...not so tough! not sure why more didn't go before they started tailgating! my highlights were smile, in hiding and breakerfall...CRAZY!! cant wait for the mansfield shows!!
    Some people have religion, I have Pearl Jam...

"... I wish that I was a disease, a disease called love and peace..." 05/02/03

08/29/00, 05/02/03, 07/02/03, 07/03/03, 07/11/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 05/13/06, 05/25/06, 06/3/06, 06/27/08, 06/28/08, 06/30/08
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    not their problem. stop bitchin

exactly...just get to the line early

i did have a problem with the main free lots not opening up until very late...
    Some people have religion, I have Pearl Jam...

"... I wish that I was a disease, a disease called love and peace..." 05/02/03

08/29/00, 05/02/03, 07/02/03, 07/03/03, 07/11/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 05/13/06, 05/25/06, 06/3/06, 06/27/08, 06/28/08, 06/30/08
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    i like how pj pretty much confirmed msg is only about the crowd not the songs. a big f you to msg hartford is the setlist of the tour.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    jpx7777jpx7777 Posts: 2
    What an awesome night, awesome setlist, great energy from the boys. I had shitty ass lawn seats, but thanks to wccc and the fact that I can do a decent EV impression, I won upgrades for winning the PJ kareoke contest in the pavilion. Crazy Crazy night, didn't sleep at all, my best PJ show ever!!
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    jxchamb wrote:
    I've got a question; Was "Can't Keep" just Ed on the uke or was it a full band performance?

FULL band
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    PJ Mom from LIPJ Mom from LI Glen Cove NY Posts: 48
    It was an amazing show! And as one of the fan caught in the 10c line, it really was beyond fustrating! Last time they played at the Dodge center, there was no issue with picking up tickets. Really don't understand what happened, last night.
    96 - Randall's Island, NY
    00 - Wantagh, NY
    03 - Uniondale,NY/MSG/Holmdel, NJ
    05 - Ottawa,ON, Canada/Atlantic City, NJ
    06 - Hartford, CT/E. Rutherford, NJ
    08 - MSG/Hartford, CT
    09 - Chicago, IL/Philly, PA
    10 - Hartford,CT/Newark, NJ/MSG
    11 - East Troy, WI
    13 - Chicago, IL/Brooklyn, NY/Seattle, WA
    14 - Stockholm/Oslo
    15 - New York, NY
    16 - New York/Boston
    17 - Brooklyn, NY 
    18 - Seattle/Boston
    22 - MSG/Nashville
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    Aww I forgot to ask about Smile!! I mean that's not something you'd regular on their setlist! Smile is such and awesome song and I love how Ed's voice sounds in it, really different....So how was seeing Smile live folks? :D
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    LROMLROM Posts: 13
    Echo everything everyone else has said about how FANTASTIC this show was - I know several fans who've seen all the shows on this tour and upward of 75+ shows overall, and they were all in shock saying "Who would have guessed HARTFORD would be the BEST SHOW SO FAR???"

That's all I needed to hear to know I was at the RIGHT show! :)

Only thing no one's mentioned is how crazy the jam on Porch was! Yes, Porch is always a jam song and they usually turn up the energy in it, but last night was truly special - something happened, Eddie either left the state completely or we just couldn't see him anywhere and Stone, Matt, Jeff and Mike just went OFF!!! I've seen a lot of live Porches in my day... this was unreal.

And I was one of the fans who did the fanclub line way early. If you're going to Great Woods I highly recommend you do that, even if they have their shit together better with the tickets on the venue side, never hurts to pick up first, party later. Especially since today is Saturday!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I truly can't even tell everyone how incredible this show was.
    I was dying through the entire setlist...BLOOD!!!!!!!!!
    Whoever said there wasn't even a Betterman singalong...where were you sitting?? There was a Fucking Up sing a long where I was. lol
    I had no problems with security and met some cool people around us to talk to.
    Except for a minor ramble about voting and taking care of each other and the country, Ed was pretty quiet for the whole set.
    Mike was jumping around so much it was like he was on a trampoline. He was on fire, as was Stone. And I think Jeff even played guitar???
    I was glad to be sitting behind the stage at MSG so I could see Boom as he was pretty out of the mix last night.

I don't think I am capable of listing highlights as the whole set was so insane.
    Breakerfall is so amazing live. Holy moly. In Hiding sounded more than amazing...as did Brain of J!!! They were just plowing through these songs.

So thrilled and thankful I was there.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    scgamacscgamac Posts: 12
    Wow! Drove 2+ hours after work to arrive at 7:30 and wait in line until 9:15 for 10c tickets. I feel horrible that people missed up to ten songs after waiting in a hot, humid, stinky line for 2+ hours. The most disappointing part was the 10clubbers who knowingly cut the line - and there were HUNDREDS of them. We were telling people that the line started way back there, and most of the just continued to cut. We couldn't believe this was happening with 10clubbers. Finally the cops showed up and put up barriers to block people from entering the sides of the line. THE COPS ACTUALLY HAD TO STOP 10CLUBBERS FROM CUTTING IN LINE IN FRONT OF OTHERS - IS THIS F'D OR WHAT?????

Setlist kicked my ass and stole my wallet.
    Saw things, so much clearer....
  • Options
    NotoriousIMPNotoriousIMP Posts: 141
    GREAT F'N SHOW!!!!

Look at my signature, i've seen some good ones.
    Hartford 08' Rocked!!!
    I can only speak for the ones I saw, but it was better than both MSG's, Camden II.

The boys were on fire!!!!
    The crowd was into it.
    96' Randalls island II
    98' NJ, MSG II
    00' Jones Beach I,II,III
    03' Nassau, MSG I, II
    05' Montreal, Ottawa, Borgata II
    06' NJ I, II
    08' Camden II, MSG II, Hartford, Beacon NY, Ed Ved NYC I
    09' Philly 4
    10' MSG I,II
    11' Ed Ved Hartford
    13' Chicago, Brooklyn II
    15' GCF NY
    16' Philly II, MSG I
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    NYCPJ wrote:
    sick set list. Definitely ordering this bootleg. You guys are lucky!
    you have no idea.

insane energy, set, SOUND. this was the best I have ever heard them. i cannot explain how awesome the sound was. fucking sick.

mike is a god by the way. get the boot. HARTFORD 08....it was the mike mccready show.

wow.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    celtssox wrote:
    First the bad - Hartford crowd was eh.....can't touch a Boston crowd.

The great - everything else. What a frigin show....words can not describe this band tonight.
    I agree with this; the setlist was easily the best I have seen and I don't go for the crowd but the songs.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    what a show. And to think, I wasn't going to go. I decided late Friday night- and got in touch with someone with an extra tix- Thanks Brad!- Had to work, but I drove, seems like, for hours (especially with all that traffic on 95). This was my second show ever. Nothing can really surpass my 1ST (MSG2)- but wow. WOW. The set list was amazing.

I was so lucky to have gone. Thanks Pearl Jam for an amazing set.