Options

*** Buenos Aires 11/25 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
edited January 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Set list: Breakerfall, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, MFC, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Once, Daughter, Grievance, Not For You, Given To Fly, Wishlist, Jeremy, Spin The Black Circle, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Save You, Better Man/(Save It For Later)
2nd encore: Blood, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    the best show of my life!
    eddie cried in `i believe in miracles´ after explained his friendship with johny!
    he was very excited and says that we are an ideal audience, i don't remember the exact words!
    rvm more than 12 minutes, amazing!

blood, s t b c, once, the best!

thanks everything for this incredible night!
    Eddie: "Ma-ra-do-na, Ma-ra-don-na"
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Well I wasn't at the show but I just downloaded the bootleg. It is amazing. I highly reccomend it. I have never heard any crowd be that into the music as this show. It blows you away. I have never heard the crowd sing the guitar part before. This is my favorite boot of the 2005 series so far.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    I would love to see this DVD!
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    This show was almost a no-breather!! Starting in full force with Breakerfall, Corduroy, Do The Evolution and then Animal.
    We were all just crazy, I saw the whole show from the first row (i hardly survived) Crazy singalongs too, lots of energy and the band obviously saw this and was impressed and happy of this reception. Ed talked a bit in spanish, reading from some notes. He had a bottle of wine, presumably argentine.

Then came MFC, then another classic: Even Flow and then finally a slower song: I am mine. I think roundabout this time the audience started getting too pushy for my liking.

Once was great, then Daughter, Grievance, Not For You (I can't believe they played this!!!), Given To Fly was a special moment for me because IO really like this song, it was followed by Wishlist (with the classic Mirrorball), which was beautiful. The Jeremy they played yesterday was totally rocking too, a great version. Spin The Black Circle was just CRAZY. Then came another personal favourite: Black. A really extended version with some "we belong together thrown in at the end" and all of us singing along, even as they tried to finish the song, but we just wouldn't let them. Very cool moment in the show. Then came Rearviewmirror, which was a really extended version too, about 12 min, and very good. After this came the encores. At numerous times during the show Ed talked about its energy, and how he did not feel the deserved it. He also thanked us.

1st encore: I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Save You, Better Man/(Save It For Later)

I believe in Miracles was just too special, Ed talked about how he had been here with the Ramones 7 years ago, and he talked about Johnny and dedicated the song to him. We were also singing along so loudly i think he was just overcome by emotion and crying throughout that song. That was just too special a moment. We ended up all chanting hey ho lets go, when that ended too.
    Betterman was tagged by Save it for later, which i love, so that was pretty cool too.

I still cant believe they played Blood, that was just too crazy. Alive was much awaited by the crowd and was yet another sing along. the whole show was a singalong in fact, at least from the first rows.

Then Yelowledbetter, and lights on, Ed and the rest all staring at the crowd and being amazed. Stone had a wonderful expression in his face too. They all waved goodbye and clapped at us. Too cool.

randome bits: band on fire and really moving on stage, specially Jeff (from what i could see) All amazed at our energy, this was mentioned more than once. A quote to remember by Ed: We should pay to see you, cmon no one sings the guitar parts for chrisake! (or something like that)

the only thing i would change is the excessive pushing, fans were not respectful of their fellow fun and i was crushed more than once. I even started crying in anguish once, because the situation was overwhelming me and i wanted to remain upfront. I wont be as crazy today, and move backwards when it gets too crazy. Other than that, great show, good setlist (but im hoping for more rarities today) and great singalongs.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    That´s nice to hear that everyone enjoyed...
    I´m just too sad today because I supposed to be in Buenos Aires yesterday for the second concert, but UNFORTUNATTELY my flight was cancelled because of Aerolienas Argentinas got in a strike Thrusday night...And I could not find another flight, plus I would have to change my tickets today before the concert...There was just a flight later today, and I won´t get in time for the concert...and would have no guaranties to come back Sunday...I had to pick up my bags and go back home...I´m really disapointed but...I´m happy for those who can make it!
    Next weekend it´s our time, I will attend both concerts in São Paulo (Dec 02 and 03)! Can´t wait to feel the same energy and emotion as our chileans and argertineans friends already felt this week :)
    Bye!

PS: while we were waiting to solve this problem at the airport, we were talking to a guy who works in Aerolineas company, and we told him we would miss a big event in Buenos Aires...and there will not have any money that could repare this...
    So he asked us: "By the way, are you going to Pearl Jam concert?" and then we said: "YES!" So he said: "If I were you, I would be really pissed off like you are right now...I´m a fan also and I would love to go, but I have to work this weekend with no time off...but I will be at Pacaembu Dec 02 and 03!!!"
    So that´s why we understand why he was the only person who helped us with this cancelling problem...because he´s a jammer!!! :)
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    Buru wrote:
    This show was almost a no-breather!! Starting in full force with Breakerfall, Corduroy, Do The Evolution and then Animal.
    We were all just crazy, I saw the whole show from the first row (i hardly survived) Crazy singalongs too, lots of energy and the band obviously saw this and was impressed and happy of this reception. Ed talked a bit in spanish, reading from some notes. He had a bottle of wine, presumably argentine.

Then came MFC, then another classic: Even Flow and then finally a slower song: I am mine. I think roundabout this time the audience started getting too pushy for my liking.

Once was great, then Daughter, Grievance, Not For You (I can't believe they played this!!!), Given To Fly was a special moment for me because IO really like this song, it was followed by Wishlist (with the classic Mirrorball), which was beautiful. The Jeremy they played yesterday was totally rocking too, a great version. Spin The Black Circle was just CRAZY. Then came another personal favourite: Black. A really extended version with some "we belong together thrown in at the end" and all of us singing along, even as they tried to finish the song, but we just wouldn't let them. Very cool moment in the show. Then came Rearviewmirror, which was a really extended version too, about 12 min, and very good. After this came the encores. At numerous times during the show Ed talked about its energy, and how he did not feel the deserved it. He also thanked us.

I believe in Miracles was just too special, Ed talked about how he had been here with the Ramones 7 years ago, and he talked about Johnny and dedicated the song to him. We were also singing along so loudly i think he was just overcome by emotion and crying throughout that song. That was just too special a moment. We ended up all chanting hey ho lets go, when that ended too.
    Betterman was tagged by Save it for later, which i love, so that was pretty cool too.

I still cant believe they played Blood, that was just too crazy. Alive was much awaited by the crowd and was yet another sing along. the whole show was a singalong in fact, at least from the first rows.

Then Yelowledbetter, and lights on, Ed and the rest all staring at the crowd and being amazed. Stone had a wonderful expression in his face too. They all waved goodbye and clapped at us. Too cool.

randome bits: band on fire and really moving on stage, specially Jeff (from what i could see) All amazed at our energy, this was mentioned more than once. A quote to remember by Ed: We should pay to see you, cmon no one sings the guitar parts for chrisake! (or something like that)

the only thing i would change is the excessive pushing, fans were not respectful of their fellow fun and i was crushed more than once. I even started crying in anguish once, because the situation was overwhelming me and i wanted to remain upfront. I wont be as crazy today, and move backwards when it gets too crazy. Other than that, great show, good setlist (but im hoping for more rarities today) and great singalongs.

great review...I was about to write, but...makes no sense cause, since we were beside each other all the show and as i can read we could see the same, so it would be just saying the same again.....I could say that the corwd was realy ugly in my opinion, i dont agree that some kinds of mass behaviour have anything to do with music and communication between the audience and the band...but the stage was definitely on fire and that was, paradoxically, very cool..great show!

Fede
  • Options
    ed said "this is the best crowd we have ever played for ever"
    no words to explain what i lived yesterday. it seemde like a 93 show, moshers were pulled one after the other, and the band rocked their beards from tip to toe, relentlessly.
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    lots of connection with jeff and mike whom i met the day before, jeff said hi when i pointed at him and on the corduroy solo i think , mike atared at me the whole solo i said yeah, he said yeah, julst like i saw him doing that on the live at the garden dvd. the best came at the end when he pointed me again and threw me his pick. my body is a freaking wreck but i just couldnt ask for more. in breakerfall my eyes went wet from the emotion i almost break
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    just downloaded the show...first reaction....BLACK...holy fuckin shit! haha you guys were fucking amazing!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    D...V...D...

Who's with me?
    I'm not too concerned with PJ20, because I celebrate the band's existence every year.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Would LOVE to see the DVD getting released for this show! Also, looks like Eddie did something very special for Argentinian Jamheads: He donned the "flannel"
    http://www.pearljam.com/images/live/santiago5.jpg
    I will definitely buy this show!

He's worn that shirt 4 times a week for the past 15 years.
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    Well I wasn't at the show but I just downloaded the bootleg. It is amazing. I highly reccomend it. I have never heard any crowd be that into the music as this show. It blows you away. I have never heard the crowd sing the guitar part before. This is my favorite boot of the 2005 series so far.

That must be a SA thing. In the liner notes for Rush In Rio, Neil Peart talks about how the crowd sang parts of the music. Nice to know that at least a couple kickass bands get a huge response down there.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Buru wrote:

:) I thought about you last night!

I had to come here and see what you had to say!! :D

I'm so happy for you and have a great time tonight!!! :D

Hugs - and lots more! :D

xo
    Iam
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    last night show was amazing, memorable,awesome!
    I think that there are no other words to describe it
    I won't talk much about the setlist but there are some things that I'll never forget:
    Wishlist and the mirrorball
    eddie kneeling, praising mike
    and the look in the face of eddie in I believe in miracles
    I have got to find the river,
    Bergamot and vetiver
    Run through my head and fall away.
    Leave the road and memorize
    This life that pass before my eyes.
    Nothing is going my way.
  • Options
    Eddie sayd that he didn't know if he deserved us...
    And he does, by having such a hell of a band!!
    Excellent show, les't hope today's even better!
    There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark
  • Options
    pato29pato29 Posts: 42
    The show was incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

I was right at the front on Stone's side. I'couldn't believe when Eddie just went on stage - I was (like always) wainting for a slow song loke Sometimes or Release - he took the mike and scream "¡Rock and roll!" and Breakerfall riff explode.
    It was fucking amazing. The rock on for 5 songs without pause (or at least that was what I felt). At the Even flow I had to go to back back because I felt like dying. I don't know why Eddie didn't say nothing about this during the entire show, but in the front rows we where being pushed like hell. That's the only negative thing I have to say: I've awaited 13 years to see "my band" and I ended up at the bottom of the field.
    It doesn't matter, the band was amazing, really in contact with the audience, and the set list was perfect for a first night in a place where they've never been.
    I'm ready for tonight's show, hoping for a pre-set (at least a one song only) and waiting for more rarities or songs for the die hard fans, not only the classics. Everything they give us will be OK.

I'm hoping a DVD release too (maybe a limited edition?).
  • Options
    I don't mean to sound like a prick, but I really don't think last night audience was "the greatest audience" they have ever played for.

From my point of view, there have been better shows in Portugal (Cascais, Lisbon), Italy, Canada and the US. (and I'm not from any of those countries, I'm from Mexico)

But it was an amazing and memorable show. I'm so happy for all you people from Argentina, I hope you have a great show tonight too. (¿Por qué estoy escibiendo en inglés?...)
  • Options
    I don't mean to sound like a prick, but I really don't think last night audience was "the greatest audience" they have ever played for.

From my point of view, there have been better shows in Portugal (Cascais, Lisbon), Italy, Canada and the US. (and I'm not from any of those countries, I'm from Mexico)

But it was an amazing and memorable show. I'm so happy for all you people from Argentina, I hope you have a great show tonight too. (¿Por qué estoy escibiendo en inglés?...)

You can argue with Eddie he said it not the Argentines.. don't hate :P you guys will have your turn. Every pearl jam show is great and different and it is stupid to compare shows really, but that Pearl Jam had a fun time last night and they won't forget it is an understatement.
  • Options

It's just the band's opinion.
    There may have been other great audiences, but for some reason they said that yesterday
    I have got to find the river,
    Bergamot and vetiver
    Run through my head and fall away.
    Leave the road and memorize
    This life that pass before my eyes.
    Nothing is going my way.
  • Options
    elgallo10 wrote:
    You can argue with Eddie he said it not the Argentines.. don't hate :P you guys will have your turn. Every pearl jam show is great and different and it is stupid to compare shows really, but that Pearl Jam had a fun time last night and they won't forget it is an understatement.

True, true, true... yes it's true!. But, I do not hate! And, yes, I do compare shows, cause I -fortunately- have many, and I have (like anyone, I guess) my favourites, and among those are others than last night's. That's it, that's all I wanted to say. Sorry if I did actally sound like a prick!
  • Options
    You do have to admit, and please correct me if i'm wrong, that the chants that we did on Black, no other audience has done it. At least not on the shows I have.
  • Options
    Esta todo bien a mi en particular me gusto mucho los shows en mexico en el 2000 y los de chile hace dias tambien. Aguante latino america!
  • Options
    That's right, the whole audience of Latin America rocks... and i think that's because he don't get as many shows as the States or European Countryes... so we want them to leave with the best opinion
  • Options
    eso de cantar los riffs de guitarra es casi exclusivo de argentina. SKA-P dijo exactamente lo mismo hace un tiempo cuando tocaron en el Pepsi Music. la energía que tenemos acá es impresionante papá! eso no se puede negar. además somos el país mas ramonero del mundo (otra cosa innegable) y Eddie lo sabía bien, porque estuvo aca para la despedida de los Ramones. de ahí la efusividad con la que homenajeamos a Johnny ayer. fué impresionante y profundo, un verdadero contacto sentimental entre Eddie y el publico argentino. un amigo de Johnny Ramone, homenajeandolo hasta las lagrimas junto al publico de un país que fué y es amigo de los Ramones. no hay nada más que decir.
    >>> I felt the earth on Monday, it moved beneath my feet, in the form of a morning paper, laid out for me to see.
    Saw his face in a color picture, I recognized the name, could not stop staring at the face I'd never see again.
  • Options
    MFHSMFHS Posts: 9
    The show last night was INCREDIBLE!!! I heard and view some shows in video and this show (for me) was BETTER!!!
    THEY SOUND GREATEST THAN I HEARD BEFORE!!
    No words to explain it!
    I cannot stop to remember the show, I think abut it all day, and I’m sorry for not to view this night show too. I will hear it by the radio.
    I DON’T FORGET THIS SHOW IN MY LIFE!!
    THANK YOU PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 AÑOS ESPERANDO, VALIERON LA PENA!!
    PS
    Two moments of the Eddie’s face make me to lament not have a cellular with camera!!
  • Options
    It was a great show, great set list, great response from the crowd...and the band sounded very tuned...

Black was THE moment of the show...
    Breakerfall, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, MFC, Even Flow...Best Concert start ever...happend in BA, 11-25-05...
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    what guitar part did the crowd sing??
  • Options
    It seems like the show is worth buying.....I think I am going to get one of each country in South America....I am glad you all fellow PJ heads had the time of you lives!

:)
  • Options
    WashMyLove wrote:
    It seems like the show is worth buying.....I think I am going to get one of each country in South America....I am glad you all fellow PJ heads had the time of you lives!

:)

If you´ll do that, i recomend Santiago II. I was on both, and love the second night.
    22/11/05 Santiago, Chile
    23/11/05 Santiago, Chile
    13/07/06 Santa Barbara, CA
    15-16-18/07/06 San Francisco, CA
  • Options
    chileanmen wrote:
    If you´ll do that, i recomend Santiago II. I was on both, and love the second night.

thanks for the advise...I will consider it. :)