Options

*** Mansfield 2 Fanviews Here 6/30/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
    was i behind you in the allman brothers tye-dye and took the picture of your family for you before the show? if so, glad they had a good time. if not, glad they had a good time anyways. a great night for sure...

Nope - separate nice family! But the Allmans are cool!
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    wait...i thought Sen was in/from Cali???
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LROM wrote:
    Don't know if this got answered, but it was 100% NOT Ted Leo that Ed pulled the tamborine over his head. It was another guitarist in Ted's band the Pharmacists.

Ted kinda stayed near Cowsuit guy near the end, while Ed and the tamborine-head Pharmacist were over on the right side of the stage.

you are right.i watched the video on youtube.Ed pulls it over Ted's lead guitarists head then when the guy takes off his guitar he knocked the tambourine to the stage and that's when Ted picks it up and throws it into the audience (and i grab it)
  • Options
    still no pictures up :(
    '98: Barrie
    '03: Toronto
    '05: Toronto
    '06: Toronto, Toronto
    '07: Munich
    '08: Vancouver (EV), Mansfield II, Toronto I (EV)
    '11: Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton
    '13: London Ontario
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Sea wrote:
    Set List: Wash, Last Exit, Save You, Severed Hand, Animal, MFC, Small Town, 1/2 Full, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Education, Satan's Bed, Whipping, Glorified G, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Bee Girl, Who You Are, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling), Garden, Why Go

Encore 2: No More, Once, Footsteps, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World (Young) with Ted Leo & The Pharmacists

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

What a great fuckin show..........

Wash, Last Exit, Save You, Severed Hand, Animal all in a row..........energy was unreal in the first five songs.

Education, Satan's Bed, Whipping, Glorified G, Do The Evolution...awesome close to the first set.

Bee girl, who you are, garden, footsteps, and a great version of RITFW for the encores......very nice.

Overall, great show, love Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    FWIW, I've posted the pictures I took that turned out:

plusorminus7.blogspot.com

I should dance less vigorously next time I guess...most were blurry ;)
  • Options
    tenclubnuttenclubnut Posts: 10
    I apologize for not reading this entire thread...but this show was so f'ing sweet. Just in case anyone missed Matt's drum solo, here it is for y'all. Thanks ten club...until next year.

(link removed by Admin. Band has not okayed videotaping shows.)
    9/28/96 NYC, 8/30/00 Boston, 7/3/03 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston,
    5/12/06 Albany, 5/25/06 Boston, 6/25/08 NYC, 6/27/08 Hartford,
    6/30/08 Boston, 6/9/09 Albany (EV), 5/17/10 Boston, 5/20/10 MSG1,
    5/21/10 MSG2, 6/16/11 Boston (EV)
  • Options
    why are there no pics up yet of this show yet?
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

http://www.myspace.com/vedderology

I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain...Release me...
    Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Lukin562Lukin562 Posts: 23
    Now i know i'm new at this whole thing. But I do know my stuff about PJ. Mansfield 2 was a great show. Bee girl was one of the best moments in the tour. The venue security was lame but the venue itself was beautiful. IF security and that stuff was relaxed it would be insane. PJ always puts on a good show. It's funny to see the difference between the New York crowd and the red sox crowd. Ended it with "rockin". I've never seen that so that was an awesome way to end. Can't wait to get some Ed Ved tix today (hopefully).
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw
    Delivered him wings, 'Hey, look at me now'
    Arms wide open with the sea as his floor

PJ:
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/24/08 MSG I
    6/25/08 MSG II
    6/30/08 Boston
    EV:
    8/4-NYC
    8/5-NYC
    8/7-Newark
  • Options
    Cow ManCow Man Posts: 29
    I really enjoyed the show on 6.30.08. I am the Cow Man and I have been going not only to Pearl Jam shows, but many shows dressed up like a Cow for about 20 years. Many people stop me and ask, "Why?" "Did you lose a bet?" No, I didn't lose any bet! I am the bet!

I was really impressed with the energy level of the show. I did miss Rearview and State of Love and Trust, but I got to jump around like a donkey on stage. You simply cannot imagine being on stage with ROCK GODS!

I got a chuckle out of many posts on this thread that commented on me gaining a few pounds! The truth burns!

I really wanted to thank Eddie Vedder for thanking me for supporting the band & for dressing like a Cow. My name is Lou and I am from Boston, but I am not the same Boston Lou that was on this board. I am a DJ at the Harp in Boston, So please call me DJ Lou or the Cow Man. I am bummed out that I can't make it to The Eddie Vedder Shows next month, I will be DJing at the Harp on the Friday Night and Djing a friend's wedding on the Saturday Night.

I woud like to invite all the Pearl Jam Fans over to the Harp on the Friday Night after the show. I will be playing a lot of Pearl Jam music and it would be cool to have a bunch of fans of "good" music together to rock out!

I also wanted to thank all the fans that emailed me some truly awesome pictures from the show.

I can't wait to do it again!

DJ LOU
    COW MAN
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    you are a legend..

but why the cow suit?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    why are there no pics up yet of this show yet?

this must be the next official DVD!

(rumour started here!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    the pictures dont do the show justice at all! while the photographer captured some great moments, the timing and angles just dont show much of anything as amazing as we saw live there.

clearness and quality are great but not good in terms of actual photos :(

(in my opinion as one who doesnt know jack about photography)

and what up with all the white dots?
    '98: Barrie
    '03: Toronto
    '05: Toronto
    '06: Toronto, Toronto
    '07: Munich
    '08: Vancouver (EV), Mansfield II, Toronto I (EV)
    '11: Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton
    '13: London Ontario
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    you are a legend..

but why the cow suit?

It started many years ago. My step-Grandmother had a very strange family tradition. On Christmas Eve, she would have the family put on costumes before they could open any gifts. Once the gifts were open, the costumes were discarded, however, I work as a DJ. One club that I worked at, "the TENT..R.I.P." required all bar staff to dress up and do lip syncs in order to work there. All of the Christmas Costumes were like gold!

I had many costumes stashed in my car's trunk. A week after Christmas, I was going to an Aerosmith New Year's Eve Concert at the Boston Garden. My date saw the Cow Costume and told me I should wear it into the show. Aerosmith's Tour was in support of the "Get A Grip" Album. This Album Cover art was a pierced Cow's Udder! This was a no Brainer! I was spotted in the crowd. Since that show, I wear the Cow Suit to most every show. I have been on stage with: PJ, Rob Zombie, Smashing Pumpkins, The Offspring, Silvertide (an opening act for Van Halen) the list does go on, I was even pulled up by the Darkness with my buddy who was dressed like a bumble bee. We had the microphone for the band's costume change. It was great fun, but nothing like being on stage with Pearl Jam.

I went on to work at a marketing company. The main client that I worked with was Kahlua'. We would run ski promos and I would ski up & down the mountain dressed as the cow passing out T-shirts and invites to the Apres ski party. Great fun!

I now run my own DJ company doing wedding and parties. I also work at a college in Boston in the admission office.

I have run the Boston Marathon in the cow suit, I have been to 2 superbowls in the cow suit and I appear in the U2 DVD from Boston.

So, when you ask why the Cow Suit! I must reply simply with life is short, therefore you must suck the marrow out of everyday! No regrets! Well, I do have one regret.... I should've given Eddie my business card. I would love to thank him for the music and explain how it has played a big role in my world. I have worked at many bars throughout the years. One bar, Dad's Diner in Boston rocked! One night, Dennis Rodman came in. He requested a little Pearl Jam for the worm. I played State of Love and Trust. Dennis was happy, I was stoked and the whole bar was feeling feeding on the moment. Shortly after that night I saw Pearl Jam up in Maine. A great show, then Dennis Rodman appeared on stage playing the drums!! Complete nuts! I have been a fan since the begining! I still rock the PJ.

Too bad I can't make the Eddie Vedder shows in Boston! I would love to see that show but I have to work!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,239
    Welcome to the board Cow Man Lou.
    I met you outside U2 in Providence in 2001, you were selling posters after the show. I was witness to your guest appearance on stage with Rob Zombie as well as this latest appearance. I've seen you at dozens of shows (and on my U2 in Boston DVD).
    Look forward to seeing you grazing at many more shows in the future.

Stick around the board, the vast majority of folks here are cool.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    it's awesome to hear your story.....

what was it like to have Stone suck on your teat??

anyone from the band say anything to you on stage...

you've just lived many of our dreams...

Cow Man wrote:
    I really enjoyed the show on 6.30.08. I am the Cow Man and I have been going not only to Pearl Jam shows, but many shows dressed up like a Cow for about 20 years. Many people stop me and ask, "Why?" "Did you lose a bet?" No, I didn't lose any bet! I am the bet!

I was really impressed with the energy level of the show. I did miss Rearview and State of Love and Trust, but I got to jump around like a donkey on stage. You simply cannot imagine being on stage with ROCK GODS!

I got a chuckle out of many posts on this thread that commented on me gaining a few pounds! The truth burns!

I really wanted to thank Eddie Vedder for thanking me for supporting the band & for dressing like a Cow. My name is Lou and I am from Boston, but I am not the same Boston Lou that was on this board. I am a DJ at the Harp in Boston, So please call me DJ Lou or the Cow Man. I am bummed out that I can't make it to The Eddie Vedder Shows next month, I will be DJing at the Harp on the Friday Night and Djing a friend's wedding on the Saturday Night.

I woud like to invite all the Pearl Jam Fans over to the Harp on the Friday Night after the show. I will be playing a lot of Pearl Jam music and it would be cool to have a bunch of fans of "good" music together to rock out!

I also wanted to thank all the fans that emailed me some truly awesome pictures from the show.

I can't wait to do it again!

DJ LOU
    COW MAN
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    Dooooods - just back from New England - great place, killer time!!!!!

Got the hook-up again - seats turned out to be 3rd row in front of Stone - gotta tell you I've never seen him have a better time - Mr. Cow Man, you were standing with me for a bit, but I grabbed your ears cause your teets were too low and I didn't want to write a check I wouldn't sign, if you know what I'm saying!

Sweet set, some good rarities - Highlight was Glorified G for me - song makes me lose my foookin mind!

Best laugh was when I lit a smoke after Eddie lit his in front of me - security dood looked at me - I pointed to Eddie, and told him to bust Ed first and he laughed - guy was alright (unlike them cops on mountain bikes in the lot bustin folks for having drinks in cups during the tailgate - never seen that shit before)

gotta tell you, seen them all over North America since the early days - too many shows to count, but approaching the 20s...(and I'm fast approaching my 40s) - Mansfield 2 easily cracks the top 10 - close to the best 5 I've seen - when the band and crowd has that good a time, it makes a big difference - just smokin - they ain't slowin down at all!

..and happy to get a pick from Mike - he's such a rockstar - lol

see ya
    the little that you see, it's home
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Greatest show ever.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    renzorockrenzorock Posts: 59
    just tried the link and it downloaded
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246
    Just listened to this whole boot and I gotta say goddamn were they on fire!! I'm just in awe of how great Eddie's voice sounded even at the end of the night on Rockin'. The way the boot is mixed sounds great cranked up because it just fills the speakers like a wall of sound. I love how they did these boots because it really captures the intensity of their playing and reminds me of the early 90's boots, only better sound quality.

Seriously, get this boot. You will not be disappointed.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I was asked by the band's security if I would like to join the band on stage for the last song! I thought I was getting kicked out for being too rowdy! They took me through the back of the house, you know that wooden gate where all the groupies hang out. I walked through this cafe' like room. It was filled with all the roadies and crew. Many stood up and clapped for me! How cool! Don't ever forget the army that puts a stage together and puts the show on.

Anyways, the security guy told me to hang out and when he got the signal, I was to go out on stage. You can only imagine what I was feeling! Over the past couple of years I got fat! No way around that. I was already sore from jumping up and down for 2 plus hours. However, no charlie horse was going to keep me down! RITFW started. Matt saw me and laughed, he got Mike's attention and then finally Eddie looked over at me. I was laughing so hard, this was way I have dressed up at countless shows. He finally ran up to me and said,"It's really nice to meet you and thank you for supporting us all of these years!" It was so real and heartfelt. I went out with Eddie and the place seemed to explode! I was jumping around like a freak with that tambourine! I always wanted one. In Hartford during the 1996 tour, some dude dove infront of me and snatched one out of my waiting hands, I ended up getting a t-shirt thrown at me from the band.

Back to now, I wanted to do a flip or hand-spring, but I probably would've fallen over because I was just laughing the whole time. I work at an Irish Bar as a DJ. I have this sort of foot stomp dance move, normally I woud do this during "shipping up to Boston." I couldn't believe that Stone sucked a tat! What a hoot! Towards the end of the song I must admit that I ran out of gas! As I bent over to grab my breath I saw a plethora of guitar pics on the stage. I managed to pick up a few. After the song, Eddie asked me to join the band for a bow. I felt akward doing this. But he told me something like you are why we do this. After the bow, Eddie asked me what my name was? I told him, It's Lou! Eddie replied, well Lou it's really nice to meet you... oh and Lou did you know that Lou ryhmes with Moo? With that he handed me 2 Eddie Vedder Guitar Picks. They are very cool they look like the Evil Kinevil (sp?) red, white and blue pattern. Very cool. After that he took off like santa claus, without a warning, boom up the chimmney without a word! and to all a good night. I was left standing on stage by myself. I took a bow by myself. I couldn't hear to much of the audience because of the stage monitors but it sounded like the place was going MOO!

Just my perspective, if this is a dream of many- make your dreams happen! I just bought a new cow suit on ebay for $4.25 Do you think it was worth it?

Peace. I am going to Aruba on Thursday- I will be back in a week!

Rock on!
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Cow Man wrote:
    I was asked by the band's security if I would like to join the band on stage for the last song! I thought I was getting kicked out for being too rowdy! They took me through the back of the house, you know that wooden gate where all the groupies hang out. I walked through this cafe' like room. It was filled with all the roadies and crew. Many stood up and clapped for me! How cool! Don't ever forget the army that puts a stage together and puts the show on.

Anyways, the security guy told me to hang out and when he got the signal, I was to go out on stage. You can only imagine what I was feeling! Over the past couple of years I got fat! No way around that. I was already sore from jumping up and down for 2 plus hours. However, no charlie horse was going to keep me down! RITFW started. Matt saw me and laughed, he got Mike's attention and then finally Eddie looked over at me. I was laughing so hard, this was way I have dressed up at countless shows. He finally ran up to me and said,"It's really nice to meet you and thank you for supporting us all of these years!" It was so real and heartfelt. I went out with Eddie and the place seemed to explode! I was jumping around like a freak with that tambourine! I always wanted one. In Hartford during the 1996 tour, some dude dove infront of me and snatched one out of my waiting hands, I ended up getting a t-shirt thrown at me from the band.

Back to now, I wanted to do a flip or hand-spring, but I probably would've fallen over because I was just laughing the whole time. I work at an Irish Bar as a DJ. I have this sort of foot stomp dance move, normally I woud do this during "shipping up to Boston." I couldn't believe that Stone sucked a tat! What a hoot! Towards the end of the song I must admit that I ran out of gas! As I bent over to grab my breath I saw a plethora of guitar pics on the stage. I managed to pick up a few. After the song, Eddie asked me to join the band for a bow. I felt akward doing this. But he told me something like you are why we do this. After the bow, Eddie asked me what my name was? I told him, It's Lou! Eddie replied, well Lou it's really nice to meet you... oh and Lou did you know that Lou ryhmes with Moo? With that he handed me 2 Eddie Vedder Guitar Picks. They are very cool they look like the Evil Kinevil (sp?) red, white and blue pattern. Very cool. After that he took off like santa claus, without a warning, boom up the chimmney without a word! and to all a good night. I was left standing on stage by myself. I took a bow by myself. I couldn't hear to much of the audience because of the stage monitors but it sounded like the place was going MOO!

Just my perspective, if this is a dream of many- make your dreams happen! I just bought a new cow suit on ebay for $4.25 Do you think it was worth it?

Peace. I am going to Aruba on Thursday- I will be back in a week!

Rock on!

Fucking amazing! :D I'm happy for you. Too bad I wasnt there to see it live, but we have youtube ;)

Cool!
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    NOTHINGFANNOTHINGFAN Posts: 69
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,239
    Cow Man wrote:
    I just bought a new cow suit on ebay for $4.25 Do you think it was worth it?!
    I'd venture a guess that its money well spent.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Great fucking story!
  • Options
    geo1215geo1215 Posts: 18
    you are right.i watched the video on youtube.Ed pulls it over Ted's lead guitarists head then when the guy takes off his guitar he knocked the tambourine to the stage and that's when Ted picks it up and throws it into the audience (and i grab it)

here's a picture i took to back you up - you should print it and frame/scrapbook it

http://www.badongo.com/pic/4002507

is there a place you can easily upload high-res images?

there's a "Download Link" icon to the right of the preview to download the full res
  • Options
    jdelinjdelin Posts: 189
    Cow Man Lou, that is one amazing story. I was at that show and I kept thinking, that is one lucky guy. And all of that stuff Eddie said to you - just goes to show you how awesome they are and how much they care about the fans!

NY 9/29/96; NJ 9/8/98; NY 9/10/98; NY 8/24/00; Mansfield 7/2/03; Mansfield 7/11/03; Boston 9/28/04 (VFC); Post-Letterman, NY 5/4/06; Boston 5/24/06; Boston 5/25/06; Mansfield 6/28/08; Mansfield 6/30/08; Boston 5/17/10; Dublin 6/22/10; Alpine Valley 9/3/11; Alpine Valley 9/4/11; Worcester 10/15/13; Worcester 10/16/13; Brooklyn 10/18/13; Philadelphia 4/29/16; Boston 8/5/16; Boston 8/7/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18

Mike Watt featuring EV, NY 4/27/95; Three Fish w/JA, NY 7/11/96; Three Fish w/JA, NY 6/11/99; EV Solo, Boston 8/1/08, Tres Mts. w/JA & MM, Boston 3/27/11; EV Solo, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    If i had only started wearing a duck costume at my first show i woulda been on stage for Boston 1 :)
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    I just got back to town! I am happy to see the thread is still rolling! Does anyone have an extra ticket for the Eddie Vedder Show on Friday Night? This is the Cowman talkin'

Please let me know!

DJ LOU the Cow Man
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Finally got my discs in the mail, what a great sounding show, fucking Wash, wow, I'm so happy I made the trip there. Can't wait to do it again.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18