Options

*** Mansfield 2 Fanviews Here 6/30/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    lovebuzzlovebuzz Posts: 42
    Great show - they must have known I was taking my two daughters to their first show. Bee girl and footsteps were special to them. Wash was special to me!

Thanks to 10 club - my wife and I have separate 10c accounts and they put all four of us together. Great crowd, got a poster, and on the way out some dude handed my wife a decent boot of Saturday night.

What more could you ask for? My daughter would answer with dirty_frank.

Now to bed and try to act professional tomorrow

*Cough Cough* PROFESSIONAL? What are you talking about? Time to act SICK tomorrow (or, well, today at this point). I was in the hospital for 7 straight days and just got released (pun not in"ten"ded) around noon Monday and was able to catch the show, so I don't feel too bad about calling in sick today.

Great show all around. For the first time in my 9 shows, I thought 1/2 Full was one of the highlights of the night. Mike sounded excellent throughout the solo. Of course, the GWB comment was appreciated as well. All around, this set had the most energy of any other show I've ever been too, hands down.

P.S. All frows should be checked at the door. I had to stand directly behind some dude with a good 12" red fro which blocked 2/3 of the show for me. I saw Boom once all night and Stone only when he was on Mike's side. At least the band SOUNDED amazing...!

P.P.S. Hope your kids enjoyed the show - 10C was very nice to me this time around - dead center, about 25 rows back - some of the best seats I've ever had the opportunity to barely use :)
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    ya i feel so much better now about the Boston shows all together after last night... Saturday was a good solid show but you knew eddie was a little unhappy and the crowd wasnt amazing ( other than betterman) and it did end quickly..

Once again last night was just perfect... 4 outta the 5 shows i went to were just unreal, i guess i would rank them

Boston 2
    MSG 1
    Hartford
    MSG 2
    Boston 1

make sense??

I DONT WANNA GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    bee girl is a decent song but nothing amazing live, people are just goin crazy for the sheer rareness of it. that being said this setlist looks wicked. where the hell was education and wash for my shows. hope everyone had a great time.

beacon left and then we all slip into the unknown. when do we get to see them again? coming off of three shows, im just CRAVING more. cant wait for the next tour.

Agreed, what's so great about Bee Girl? It's a joke of a song, kinda blows imo. I get that it's rare, but come on. On Lost Dogs, I always skip it and fast-forward to 4/20...
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    Ok WTF do u mean cow mans tits?? I gotta see this!
    Why the hell does he wait till the show AFTER I leave to come alive!

The real question is, why did you leave before the set was over?
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,239
    ndv180 wrote:
    I think it's extremely unlikely that they'll ever play Fenway Park unless Red Sox management abandons their price structure for concerts. Ever since Springsteen played the initial shows at Fenway in 2003, the field seats in the front sections have been priced at $400+. These are seats that would go to 10C members. It ain't gonna work at those prices.
    In a word...no.
    The $tone$ had $450 field seats at Fenway. They had similar prices at the Fleetcenter and all around the country.
    That had nothing to do with the Red Sox or fenway, it was all Mick and Keef.

Buffet and Dave Matthews had all seats at less than $100.00
    Last year the Police (aka $ting, $tewart and $ummer$) had top priced field seats at fenway for $250.00. They had similar prices everywhere else, in fact have a top price of $225 at the good old Comcast center for July 31. Again the price structure has nothing to do with the Sox or Fenway.

This year Neil Diamond has a top price of $94.50.

The issues with Pearl Jam at Fenway would be twofold:
    1.The Neighborhood association may not aprove them thinking the crowd too rowdy etc.
    B.The question of whther they could bang out 2 nights there, but this year after Bon Jovi backed out Fenway only ended up with 1 night for Neil as James Taylor passed on playing a single night there, so its possible the Sox could bite on a single PJ show, which they would sell out.

Now for those who are saying "play Fenway to avoid the curfew at Mansfield"...do your homework...much stricter curfew and noise regulations at Fenway.

Just play the ShawmutFleetTDBankNorthSoonToHaveAnotherNameAfterTheMergerCenterGarden. That way if you play past 11, you just pay the union overtime charges.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    Poncier wrote:
    In a word...no.
    The $tone$ had $450 field seats at Fenway. They had similar prices at the Fleetcenter and all around the country.
    That had nothing to do with the Red Sox or fenway, it was all Mick and Keef.

Buffet and Dave Matthews had all seats at less than $100.00
    Last year the Police (aka $ting, $tewart and $ummer$) had top priced field seats at fenway for $250.00. They had similar prices everywhere else, in fact have a top price of $225 at the good old Comcast center for July 31. Again the price structure has nothing to do with the Sox or Fenway.

This year Neil Diamond has a top price of $94.50.

The issues with Pearl Jam at Fenway would be twofold:
    1.The Neighborhood association may not aprove them thinking the crowd too rowdy etc.
    B.The question of whther they could bang out 2 nights there, but this year after Bon Jovi backed out Fenway only ended up with 1 night for Neil as James Taylor passed on playing a single night there, so its possible the Sox could bite on a single PJ show, which they would sell out.

Now for those who are saying "play Fenway to avoid the curfew at Mansfield"...do your homework...much stricter curfew and noise regulations at Fenway.

Just play the ShawmutFleetTDBankNorthSoonToHaveAnotherNameAfterTheMergerCenterGarden. That way if you play past 11, you just pay the union overtime charges.

I agree, playing in Fenway would be more hassle then it's worth. Nowhere to park, seats suck, and the Fenway neighborhood is full of more crotchity old folks then Mansfield.

If they know they have to be done at 11 how about they start the show at 7 instead of 7:30 so PJ can get on stage that much earlier. Why don't they do that?
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Saturnal wrote:
    :eek:
    Thanks!

I LOVE Whipping!
    :)
    Awesome.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Got to the venue around 6, parked, and promptly had all our beer taken by the cops. Good beer, not Bud Light either. That sucked, but it was nice hanging out on the lawn listening to Ted Leo. And sitting on the lawn was really a different perspective on a Pearl Jam concert for me -- I underestimated the reaction that songs like Given To Fly, Corduroy, Small Town and Even Flow get out there, which is probably why the band plays them so much. But there were definitely a good amount of serious fans out there too, mostly young people who came with a bunch of friends, and you could see about 1 in 10 people going crazy during Bee Girl.

1/2 Full was unbelievable, I might never listen to the album version of this song again. The first set just built up momentum, and from Education on it was just balls out. Ed sang Satan's Bed with the perfect amount of self-mockery ("I think I'm doing OK"). And he respected the Betterman moment from night one by barely pausing before the second verse.

I could have done without the shirtless skinhead who decided to fight everyone on the lawn during RITFW, but there always has to be one asshole who makes sure the cops are even stricter in the parking lot next time.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    IamMine96IamMine96 Posts: 29
    I've been to 4 PJ shows including the two in Camden this year but this show was by far the best for me. The setlist was incredible and the energy in the comcast center was unreal
  • Options
    rtmarshrtmarsh Northeast Posts: 59
    Hey,
    Anyone out there know who the soundman was that was present before and during the show? Similarities to Vedder??!! Wow! Anyhow, fantastic Monday night show, seen them 18 times in various venues and this performance stands out on many levels.
    “The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.”
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    OK show, but no Hartford; thanks to the assholes that smoked two huge, cheap ass cigars for half an hour and wouldn't put them out; ruined my time and gave me a headache. Also, worst parking lot in America and that is not hyperbole.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    the Hat incident as told by bostonlou:

from what i remember... and it seemed like slow motion

i was standing there having the time of my life and ed came over... is looking me in the eye... and it's like he wants something... so i figure it's my stupid hat... so i take it off... raise my eyebrows like "is this what you want?" ... he nods... so i toss it to him

he then throws it on backwards and does his pose... as this is happening i think to myself... wow... that's cool...

but now not only will i be a sweaty mess leaving this place... but my hair is going to be all fucked up and i may get arrested

so then ed returns to the mic and turns the hat around to the front... since i have a pretty decent sized melon it probably didn't fit too well... so he tries tugging it down over his eyes... which it easily does... and he rocks out a few lines of GTF

i don't know if the song ended or what but at some point he came back to me and tossed the hat back... i snagged it like Youk and threw it back on my dome

and that's my marcia brady/davey jones story

i didn't do it for attention
    i didn't plan to do it
    i guess ed made me do it

think what you will

and as for the other questions ... i'm banned for breaking the rules of the pit... don't break the rules and you won't get banned ... whether you agree with or know the rules... doesn't matter... respect everyone

peace
    Lou
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    the Hat incident as told by bostonlou:

from what i remember... and it seemed like slow motion

i was standing there having the time of my life and ed came over... is looking me in the eye... and it's like he wants something... so i figure it's my stupid hat... so i take it off... raise my eyebrows like "is this what you want?" ... he nods... so i toss it to him

he then throws it on backwards and does his pose... as this is happening i think to myself... wow... that's cool...

but now not only will i be a sweaty mess leaving this place... but my hair is going to be all fucked up and i may get arrested

so then ed returns to the mic and turns the hat around to the front... since i have a pretty decent sized melon it probably didn't fit too well... so he tries tugging it down over his eyes... which it easily does... and he rocks out a few lines of GTF

i don't know if the song ended or what but at some point he came back to me and tossed the hat back... i snagged it like Youk and threw it back on my dome

and that's my marcia brady/davey jones story

i didn't do it for attention
    i didn't plan to do it
    i guess ed made me do it

think what you will

and as for the other questions ... i'm banned for breaking the rules of the pit... don't break the rules and you won't get banned ... whether you agree with or know the rules... doesn't matter... respect everyone

peace
    Lou

so that was you Lou? i was to the right of you in the front row next to stone(black Jordan hat),i saw the whole thing and thought it was cool.

this was lucky # 7th show for me!! my wife and daughter sat in my 10c seats and i used my work bonus to buy me a front row ticket!! talk about money well spent!!

During one of the songs Ed was walking along the front end of the stage right in front of me and me being 6' 2" with a good reach i extended my hand out to shake his hand and he obliges!! very cool! then a little later he goes to give his harmonica to this chick standing right next to me,i looked up at him all sad and shit(i would of loved a harmonica too)so he goes and gets a pick and brings it back and places it in my palm!! I'm not embarrassed to admit i felt like a little girl..swooned if you will.

then to top it off during RITFW Ed had a tambourine that he pulled over Ted Leo's head and Ted wore it as a hat for a while,then at the end of the song he threw it and i Randy Moss'd that shit,LEFTY!!!

so i got a pick

a tambourine

a hand shake from one of my 2 idols (the other is Michael Jordan)

a great time with fellow PJ fans which are the BEST IN THE WORLD!!

a great vacation (MSG I & II Mansfield I & II)

and memory's that will last a life time (or until the next tour where i will create new ones!!)

see you all when the new album drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kaosfactorkaosfactor Posts: 11
    Fenway would be cool. Would be great to be ble to walk to a show, but yeah, i could hear the police playing from Huntington Ave. last year, so I think there'd be a curfew as well. And let's not talk about seat size. i did see the band in a baseball stadium back in 1996, and it was GA, so i don't think Fenway would be anywhere as good.
    Ft Lauderdale '96
    Orlando '03
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08 1 and 2
    Hartford '10
    Boston '10
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I agree, playing in Fenway would be more hassle then it's worth. Nowhere to park, seats suck, and the Fenway neighborhood is full of more crotchity old folks then Mansfield.

If they know they have to be done at 11 how about they start the show at 7 instead of 7:30 so PJ can get on stage that much earlier. Why don't they do that?
    How is their parking for a 37,686 capacity baseball crowd, but not for a concert??
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    raynmanasraynmanas Posts: 13
    simpleman wrote:
    How is their parking for a 37,686 capacity baseball crowd...??

there isn't.
  • Options
    jeffco98jeffco98 Posts: 19
    he threw it and i Randy Moss'd that shit,LEFTY!!!

You did randy Moss that shit.
    I was sitting in Row 2 of section one.
    Nice grab....
  • Options
    NothingSoundNothingSound Posts: 198
    simpleman wrote:
    How is their parking for a 37,686 capacity baseball crowd, but not for a concert??

There isn't. The lots there fit maybe 3000 cars and charge $50-80 each. If you go to Fenway, you take the subway.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I was probably almost right in front of you, I was in 2 G seat 29, like 4 seats off the aisle.

Are you the guy who stood in front of me and apologized for being tall? If so, it wasn't a problem. Either way, I hope you had a good time !!! :)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,239
    Are you the guy who stood in front of me and apologized for being tall? If so, it wasn't a problem. Either way, I hope you had a good time !!! :)
    No, I'm 5'11, but I had a guy directly behind me.
    I was wearing a red t-shirt.
    It could have been my friend who is a bit taller, shaved head...

I had a great time.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jeffco98 wrote:
    You did randy Moss that shit.
    I was sitting in Row 2 of section one.
    Nice grab....

LOL,thanks man.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

then to top it off during RITFW Ed had a tambourine that he pulled over Ted Leo's head and Ted wore it as a hat for a while,then at the end of the song he threw it and i Randy Moss'd that shit,LEFTY!!!

fyi, I'm pretty sure that wasn't Ted Leo wearing the tambourine, rather, someone else in his band ... still ... cool effin story to have .... congrats.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Well call me crazy but I dont think they are just going to dis the west coast on this tour. I know you folks out east think the world revolves around you, however, this is a large country which the band tends to visit from time to time.

Let us not forget where their "home" is and I am guessing we will be seeing maybe a local gig, Showbox comes to mind. Portland is a nice place to play as well and right in their back yard and there is that large state known as California.

Just sayin I would lay a bet or two down that last night was not the last show of 2008.
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options
    Do the Evolution69Do the Evolution69 BOSTON Posts: 223
    Great show - they must have known I was taking my two daughters to their first show. Bee girl and footsteps were special to them. Wash was special to me!

Thanks to 10 club - my wife and I have separate 10c accounts and they put all four of us together. Great crowd, got a poster, and on the way out some dude handed my wife a decent boot of Saturday night.

What more could you ask for? My daughter would answer with dirty_frank.

Now to bed and try to act professional tomorrow

was i behind you in the allman brothers tye-dye and took the picture of your family for you before the show? if so, glad they had a good time. if not, glad they had a good time anyways. a great night for sure...
    Live Music Epiphanies - "I can feel your heart in your neck..."
    '98 Great Woods 1 (9/15/98)
    '00 Great Woods 1 (8/29/00)
    '03 Great Woods 1, 2 & 3 (7/2/03, 7/3/03, *7/11/03*)
    '04 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (9/28/04, 9/29/04)
    '06 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (5/24/06, 5/25/06)
    '08 Great Woods 1 & 2 (6/28/08, 6/30/08)
    '10 Boston Garden (5/17/10)
    '13 Wooostahhh 1 & 2 (10/15/13, 10/16/13)
    '16 MSG 1 & Fenway 1 & 2
    '18 Fenway 2
  • Options
    hoobot24hoobot24 Posts: 56
    Was cow man there!?!? Haven't seen that dude in ages. Used to see him at all the northeast shows back in the day. You can hear Ed say "Look at this guy!" on the 98 Hartford boot I believe. That guy used to crap me up.

sorry but who's cow man??
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    show 22 for me was about as unreal as possible...i won the lotto and was section 3 row J seats 1-2 (4th row in front of mike)...haven't been that close since I almost died in the front row at Buenos Aires. They rocked, my wife and I went nuts, she got a pick, i don't really even remember that much except being really happy for 2 1/2 hours. Hope everyone had a safe night.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    fyi, I'm pretty sure that wasn't Ted Leo wearing the tambourine, rather, someone else in his band ... still ... cool effin story to have .... congrats.

I'm almost positive it was Ted.

anyone else up front remember who it was that Ed pulled the tambourine over their head during RITFW?
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    To begin, the venue where this show took place should never be called Tweeter Center or Comcast Center... it is forever Great Woods!!

My favorite moments:

Well, to start, THE WHOLE MAIN SET. The energy just grabbed you and wouldn't let go. By the time Whipping came on, I was in a frenzy. Good thing I stretched before the show (and during Small Town :)).

Who You Are... it was better at Bonnaroo, but I love that drumming. glad they finally brought it back.

Garden - Mike's solo was mesmerizing. very, very cool.

RITFW - this saved the end of the show for me because I'm so tired of Alive, and I just couldn't get into the mamasan trilogy (they played Once and Alive at night 1, so it just felt unnecessary)... so anyway... Ted Leo and the RX come up on stage. I wish I had caught their show at least once this tour. People I tailgated with just weren't interested. I really liked the way that dude belted out verse 2. And then there's the cow guy on stage rockin out like a crazy muthafucka! I've lost count of how many times I've seen the cow guy at Great Woods shows going back 10 years or more. I mean, the guy is a legend here. I'd almost believe he wasn't real if he wasn't a co-worker of a friend of mine. So yeah, that whole thing was awesome.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    And then there's the cow guy on stage rockin out like a crazy muthafucka! I've lost count of how many times I've seen the cow guy at Great Woods shows going back 10 years or more. I mean, the guy is a legend here. I'd almost believe he wasn't real if he wasn't a co-worker of a friend of mine. So yeah, that whole thing was awesome.

Does he only go to Pearl Jam shows, or is he known at other bands' shows too? He might have been at State College too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008