Circumcision poll - ladies too

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    He has to be cut.

You don't want him known to be known as "Stinky Dink".
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• no you are wrong.. female circumcision involves the removal of the clitoris.. the clitoris IS NOT extra skin. im assuming youve seen or at least touched one.. by which case youd know this.
    for many many women, the stimulus of the clitoris is the only way in which they can orgasm.. remove it and you remove an ultimate pleasure... and really when it comes to female circumcision thats what its all about isnt it??? the loss of male control that comes with female masturbation as well as the pleasure she recieves from her lover... both out of the control of men to varying degrees.

Actually Cate, there are varying degrees of female circumcision, from removal of the clitoral hood and clitoris, to the extreme removal of all of the inner and outer labia, clitoris and fusing of the wound leaving just a hole for urine and menstrual blood. And I never said the clitoris was just "extra skin"!!!!

For the sake of the point I was trying to make, which was completely hypothetical - would all the women posting in support of male circumcision be in favour of say removing the inner and outer labia for the sake of hygiene?
  • Wow, some really militant anti-circumcision people here. It's not the same as female circumcision, which is clearly a barbaric violation.

We had it done for my son. He was anesthetized. It's just what we do here, you know. Looked like there were some small medical advantages according to the articles people posted here - i.e. slightly lower cancer rates & STD rates, stuff like that. I think we made the right decision. If the next one is a boy we will do it again; kind of committed to it at this point.

Given how completely rare penile cancer is I just don't see how that can even be considered as a reason.

Female circumcision technically need not be barbaric (I'm in NO WAY in favour of it, just to clarify). It's just not accepted in the western world (and is completely unnecessary).

Saying it's just what you do there pretty much sums it up, it's become a tradition in the US (although it seems to be dying out) - so why try and justify it with 'slightly lower cancer/std rates'? Just call it what it is.
  • Wow, some really militant anti-circumcision people here. It's not the same as female circumcision, which is clearly a barbaric violation.

We had it done for my son. He was anesthetized. It's just what we do here, you know. Looked like there were some small medical advantages according to the articles people posted here - i.e. slightly lower cancer rates & STD rates, stuff like that. I think we made the right decision. If the next one is a boy we will do it again; kind of committed to it at this point.

Given how completely rare penile cancer is I just don't see how that can even be considered as a reason.

Female circumcision technically need not be barbaric (I'm in NO WAY in favour of it, just to clarify). It's just not accepted in the western world (and is completely unnecessary).

Saying it's just what you do there pretty much sums it up, it's become a tradition in the US (although it seems to be dying out) - so why try and justify it with 'slightly lower cancer/std rates'? Just call it what it is.

What it is is a choice, and no damage is done either way.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Penis Penis Penis

Vagina Vagina Vagina

Sorry, had to be done.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Didn't have much of a choice in the matter... Neither did my boys :mrgreen:

When this guy is doing it ... you know it's being done with love

4283.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • What it is is a choice, and no damage is done either way.

Yeah but whose choice? Not the individual's.

As far as no damage........

"One must also consider that the foreskin contains 50% of the surface area of the penis. Each circumcision cuts off what would grow to be 6 inches of tissue, laden with 240 feet of nerves and 1,000 nerve endings Removal of it can only lead to a drastic loss of sensation during sexual activity."
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Its cut and its wonderful!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I can't believe that in this day and age you think that being uncut is unhygenic :shock: I also wasn't aware that it was so prominent in the States.

Only 400 men a year in the UK are diagnosed with penile cancer (Source)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    thanks everyone

she absolutely fucking refuses to cut him

i have only seen one hooded in person and a few pictures
    i just think unhooded is so much more appetizing
    literally
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • What it is is a choice, and no damage is done either way.

Yeah but whose choice? Not the individual's.

As far as no damage........

"One must also consider that the foreskin contains 50% of the surface area of the penis. Each circumcision cuts off what would grow to be 6 inches of tissue, laden with 240 feet of nerves and 1,000 nerve endings Removal of it can only lead to a drastic loss of sensation during sexual activity."

From: http://kidshealth.org/parent/system/surgical/circumcision.html#
    Some people claim that circumcision either lessens or heightens the sensitivity of the tip of the penis, decreasing or increasing sexual pleasure later in life. But neither of these subjective findings has been proved.

Why don't we poll the American ladies vs. the British/Aussie ladies (that seems to be the focus of this debate) on if the American guys last longer? If they had decreased sensitivity, I'd think they would. :idea: ;)

Also:
    On the plus side, circumcised infants are less likely to develop urinary tract infections (UTIs), especially in the first year of life. UTIs are about 10 times more common in uncircumcised compared with circumcised infants. However, even with this increased risk of UTI, only 1% or less of uncircumcised males will be affected.

Obviously people are going to remain in disagreement on this issue, so I'm done.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • redrock wrote:
    Also, being circumcised desensitizes the penis. Circumcised men will never know what they could be missing!

What the hell would I have done in my teen years? :shock:

All of this stuff is bullspit. Including this. The difference in the sensitivity in circumsized men vs. what would happen in circumsized women is as different as.....well, men and women. Men don't even need the tip to have an orgasm. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure most men don't even need a d*ck (though it is a nice addition). Male wise - circumsize, don't circumsize - I'm sure it's all what you're used to. We can all come up with stuff that would help our side of things, and all of it is right and all of it is wrong. All the stats I've seen on both sides effect infentesible people. So, let's not make this some type of argument.

Women on the other hand. Well, who the hell knows what you need. Not just your bits, but wine, dinner, a movie, some conversation...... Could we forget the organ circumcision and just cut the rest of that out? It's not going to help me. But, it will help my sons and generations to come... (full pun intended). :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Wow, some really militant anti-circumcision people here. It's not the same as female circumcision, which is clearly a barbaric violation.

Listen to yourself. They probably say the same in Somalia about female circumcision-" It's just what we do here, you know"

It is a big deal. The child has perfectly good healthy tissue cut off for no good reason at all other than you want it so. However you want to dress it up, you are mutilating a baby's genitals. That to me is barbaric!
  • IrishGuy wrote:
    Wow, some really militant anti-circumcision people here. It's not the same as female circumcision, which is clearly a barbaric violation.

Listen to yourself. They probably say the same in Somalia about female circumcision-" It's just what we do here, you know"

It is a big deal. The child has perfectly good healthy tissue cut off for no good reason at all other than you want it so. However you want to dress it up, you are mutilating a baby's genitals. That to me is barbaric!

I have to admit I was somewhat ignorant of the pros & cons (all of which are not all that significant) the last time around. But now having read through a little more carefully, I feel that we made the right decision and I am happy to be more convinced that it will be the right decision again if this one on the way is a boy.

The thing about urinary tract infections is the biggest factor in my mind.

And you people with your extreme accusations of barbarism are just ridiculous.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I have to admit I was somewhat ignorant of the pros & cons (all of which are not all that significant) the last time around. But now having read through a little more carefully, I feel that we made the right decision and I am happy to be more convinced that it will be the right decision again if this one on the way is a boy.

The thing about urinary tract infections is the biggest factor in my mind.

And you people with your extreme accusations of barbarism are just ridiculous.

i'd be interested in reading the information you are basing this on ... all my reading has indicated that the risk of uti is extremely low and that it generally occurs within the first year of life for boys in both circumcised and uncircumcised boys ... and even at that ... the treatment is quite simple and effective ...

all my reading basically says that circumcision offers no health benefits whatsoever and is indeed painful for the infant ... ultimately, if, as a parent, you are prepared to put your kid through that pain (even momentarily) for the sake of an aesthetic ... i suppose you have every right to right now ...

but there is no medical or health reason that supports circumcision ...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ...On the topic of female circumcision, it is a practice used in some countries to keep young virgins pure for marriage. The practice is being fought against as it is unnecessary mutilation, which destroys all their sensation...

female circumcision is a barbaric practice and it is one that is imposed by men. i say fuck men most of the time.. what they do is about control and im tired of it. i am not here for your amusement or even for your approval. if you want me to get you off im all for that BUT quid pro quo, i want you to get me off.. if i do not have a clitoris then that aint gonna happen is it?? so fuck you with your primitive manipulative control freak ideas of sexuality... and when i say it is your loss, trust me.. it is.
    removing clitorises is out of control. i can't believe such a thing takes place. this world is going to be ran by women one day soon, this is my feeling. women are the greatest. i hope i will be enslaved soon.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I am cut and so are my 2 boys.
    My wife wanted them to look the same as me if they saw me naked and then compared it to why they look like.
    I don't remember it and neither do either of my boys.
    It's a decision best left up to a couple but should be discussed before having kids.
    Gibson1972
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Wow, I had no idea circumcision was all the trend in the States.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    and i had no idea y'all over yonder way kept your extra folds of skin and missle shaped spear headed battering rams. guess it makes one larger. y'all might be on to something.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I guess from a fashion perspective, you might have a point!

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this is what you said claire:
    Claireack wrote:
    If it's being done for religious reasons thats fine. But unless there is a medical need, why do it?

doesnt sound like condemnation to me... sounds like youre excusing a barbaric practice in the name of religion... not that you 'understand' why.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    tremors wrote:
    you're the one with the point, they cut mine off long ago.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    you're the one with the point, they cut mine off long ago.

:lol:

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    4 sons all done right after birth before they left the hospital. If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't do it. I didn't have the courage to say NO. It has to be there for a reason.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

its 'just what we do here' because people keep doing it automatically. :roll:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SAVE THE PENISES!!! Keep the foreskin intact :thumbup: Circumcision is kind of like removing the labia...that's just extra skin too...or the eyelids :sick: Leave the junk alone please.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    PJaddicted wrote:
    It has to be there for a reason.

In terms of aesthetics, this only really applies to the flaccid member, as the foreskin retracts on arousal, leaving not much difference in looks. The exposed glans is naturally part of the arousal stage. The foreskin protects the sensitive glans during non aroused states, and during motion in intercourse.

• tremors wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    It has to be there for a reason.

In terms of aesthetics, this only really applies to the flaccid member, as the foreskin retracts on arousal, leaving not much difference in looks. The exposed glans is naturally part of the arousal stage. The foreskin protects the sensitive glans during non aroused states, and during motion in intercourse.

I wonder why the penis hasn't evolved

:|
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    If it's not broken, don't fix it! Personally I never had it done to my son, but I have friends who had thier sons circumcised due to other family memebrs having problems and having to have it done when they got older. So I can justify why they did it. It is a personal choice, and it's not going to have any bearing on my life whether someone else gets thier son or not.

its 'just what we do here' because people keep doing it automatically. :roll:

And you just keep ignoring everything I posted after that. :roll: