Options

*** Perth Fanviews Here 25/11/06 ***

123457»

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Wow.. just listened to this boot on my MP3 player while I was out shopping (lost my sunglasses in the process though, they fell out of my pocket and I didn't notice because I was so wrapped up in the music). Anyway this boot has the best live version of Betterman I've ever heard. :)
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    E.K wrote:
    Wow.. just listened to this boot on my MP3 player while I was out shopping (lost my sunglasses in the process though, they fell out of my pocket and I didn't notice because I was so wrapped up in the music). Anyway this boot has the best live version of Betterman I've ever heard. :)
    Yeah was there that night front row Stone's side...it was awesome! especially when Eddie stops singing and the crowd takes over :)
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    i_lov_it wrote:
    Yeah was there that night front row Stone's side...it was awesome! especially when Eddie stops singing and the crowd takes over :)

They opened with Betterman at Sydney 3 and the crowd actually sang the first two verses before Eddie even started. :)

What's with the echo effect when Ed is speaking to the crowd though?
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    E.K wrote:
    They opened with Betterman at Sydney 3 and the crowd actually sang the first two verses before Eddie even started. :)

What's with the echo effect when Ed is speaking to the crowd though?
    Hmmmm not really quite sure...maybe because it was at Subi or something lol:)
  • Options
    Hey all
    at the risk of turning this into a D&D forum...
    A mate and I were front row, Stone's side for the gig. Sweet gig, pity about the crap view considering we were front row. My mate is kicking himself for not talking to the girl on his left.
    If you:
    1. Were in Row A, approximately seat 5
    2. Caught Eddie's tambo during RITFW
    3. Travelled Aust to see heaps (all???) of the shows
    4. were telling a fellow hard core fan all about it after the show
    5. Just by chance kicking yourself for not talking to him some more....

PM me so I can put my mate out of his misery!
    I don't think he's a member here, but he's on the RM forum, and has a very low 10C number.

Its worth a shot, right?
  • Options
    Hey all
    at the risk of turning this into a D&D forum...
    A mate and I were front row, Stone's side for the gig. Sweet gig, pity about the crap view considering we were front row. My mate is kicking himself for not talking to the girl on his left.
    If you:
    1. Were in Row A, approximately seat 5
    2. Caught Eddie's tambo during RITFW
    3. Travelled Aust to see heaps (all???) of the shows
    4. were telling a fellow hard core fan all about it after the show
    5. Just by chance kicking yourself for not talking to him some more....

PM me so I can put my mate out of his misery!
    I don't think he's a member here, but he's on the RM forum, and has a very low 10C number.

Its worth a shot, right?

she's married
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    First you said it's a girl, then you said it's a 'he'.

Clarification please?

And the accent- can you remember what it sounded like? More North / South American or European?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    haha... clarification:
    my mate is a 'he', who is a 10C member, a member of the RM forum, but not a Message Pit member.
    My mate (he) was talking to a 'she' at the end of the gig. I was right there, but I wasn't part of the conversation, and didn't hear any accents.

Married?? Not a problem, best of luck to them both!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    was just listening to Betterman and was surprised to hear a huge cheer at the end of the first chorus.
    I know we always cheer then (before the woooowowo), as if to congratulate ourselves on the singing, but on that particular recording, the cheering was louder and more prolonged; as if the crowd was reacting to something particular Ed did (like for example in Milan, at the end of Black, Ed was signalling us goosebumps)

Can someone clarify what happened? (I searched the thread but could not find an explanation)
  • Options
    Yep...similar....he was in absolute awe. I thought he was gonna cry. He had that 'look of appreciation' on his face a lot that night. There were a few times when he kinda stood aside and just had that look and was giving us litle gentle claps. Hard to describe....he made my eyes well up a few times that night. We (the crowd) were as good as it gets (and I'm not being biased) and to see Ed so humbled and appreciative really made me proud.
  • Options
    Yep...similar....he was in absolute awe. I thought he was gonna cry. He had that 'look of appreciation' on his face a lot that night. There were a few times when he kinda stood aside and just had that look and was giving us litle gentle claps. Hard to describe....he made my eyes well up a few times that night. We (the crowd) were as good as it gets (and I'm not being biased) and to see Ed so humbled and appreciative really made me proud.

He did the same thing at most of the Australian shows, but for some reason perth had a little more feeling behind it than when he did it at the rest...
    You dont give blood, and take it back again!

Hi Kylie. Heard about the fires in your part of the country and hope you and your family are ok. Your Australian "Jamily" is thinking of you.