Options

*** Perth Fanviews Here 25/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    We must have seen each other at some time during the night coz we weren't far away at all. I was the very sweaty excited lady row 4 in front of Mike ;)
    Oh Yeah....I was soaking by about the 3rd song....felt sorry for poor JJJ, who was next to me everytime I threw my arms up....thank goodness for the industrial strength deoderant I was wearing :eek:
    Did you end up ducking out for a ciggy? I didn't....I was too scared I'd miss something.
  • Options
    Oh Yeah....I was soaking by about the 3rd song....felt sorry for poor JJJ, who was next to me everytime I threw my arms up....thank goodness for the industrial strength deoderant I was wearing :eek:
    Did you end up ducking out for a ciggy? I didn't....I was too scared I'd miss something.

Yeah, i wouldn't have bothered ducking out. Once the wired (and weird) guy next to me lit up, i thought what the hell and lit up too, although did keep it to a minimum and tried not to share it with the rest of the crowd too much.

If i was next to me, i would be more worried about my bad singing voice and the flying sweat. Hubby reckons it felt like it was raining. Lucky he loves me no matter how bad i smell !! i even had to do a quick clothes change (in my seat :embarrassed: )coz i overheated. Had quite the wardrobe dilemma - msot of my clothes were left on my bed, DOH, just call me dickhead!!!
    reaching in..... the suns fingers clutch the dawn to pass
    even out..... it's a precious thing to bear
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    Yeah, i wouldn't have bothered ducking out. Once the wired (and weird) guy next to me lit up, i thought what the hell and lit up too, although did keep it to a minimum and tried not to share it with the rest of the crowd too much.

If i was next to me, i would be more worried about my bad singing voice and the flying sweat. Hubby reckons it felt like it was raining. Lucky he loves me no matter how bad i smell !! i even had to do a quick clothes change (in my seat :embarrassed: )coz i overheated. Had quite the wardrobe dilemma - msot of my clothes were left on my bed, DOH, just call me dickhead!!!
    u and me both!!! I mentioned earlier that by about 5 songs in I sounded like and Idol reject who's voice was breaking :eek: I was tragic!! But I didn't care...Nothing was gonna stop me from making as much noise as I could....and I did!!!!:D
  • Options
    u and me both!!! I mentioned earlier that by about 5 songs in I sounded like and Idol reject who's voice was breaking :eek: I was tragic!! But I didn't care...Nothing was gonna stop me from making as much noise as I could....and I did!!!!:D

At least we were amongst fellow fans all doing the same thing. i know for sure that my workmates and friends think my pj obsession is strange, especially considering my age. Personally, I think it's strange that everone doesn't get PearlJamItis like us normal freaks :D

I am still buzzing with excitement and any radio (crap) music is like murder to my ears - seriously. All I want to listen to is Pearl Jam - especially the Perth boot. BRING ON THE BOOT! BRING ON THE BOOT! BRING ON THE BOOT!
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    At least we were amongst fellow fans all doing the same thing. i know for sure that my workmates and friends think my pj obsession is strange, especially considering my age. Personally, I think it's strange that everone doesn't get PearlJamItis like us normal freaks :D

I am still buzzing with excitement and any radio (crap) music is like murder to my ears - seriously. All I want to listen to is Pearl Jam - especially the Perth boot. BRING ON THE BOOT! BRING ON THE BOOT! BRING ON THE BOOT!
    I can really relate there!!! I don't know anyone (except on here) that even likes PJ, let alone be obsessed like us...my husband quite often says I need to grow up....WHY!!!??
  • Options
    I can really relate there!!! I don't know anyone (except on here) that even likes PJ, let alone be obsessed like us...my husband quite often says I need to grow up....WHY!!!??

Same here, i was going to make a sign saying "It's HARD TO IMAGINE how SAD we'll be if U don't COME BACK" and hubby shot it down in flames, saying "how old are you?" I thought it was pretty clever myself. All in all, hubby is pretty tolerant and my sister thinks my obsession is hysterical but she listens to me blather on about them all time. My kids are over it - how dare Mum have another interest apart from us? My workmates are coming round. Have lent out 7 Worlds Collide DVD and asst CDs in a wily attempt to slowly open their eyes to the wonder that is Pearl Jam and the pure magic of Ed's voice.

PS. I always say that Ed sings straight to my ovaries. Woo Hoooooo, they were having their own party on Saturday nite ;)
  • Options
    Alrighty then....I've managed to upload some of my photo's. They looked a lot better on the camera :( I'll still cherish them though!! There's a couple of (almost) headless Eddies and some look really dark (didn't on the camera?) and some aren't that clear....but hey, I'm glad I got them still. Really kicking myself for not sussing out my camera before the show....I've only ever used it to take photo's of my work before. Anyhoo....here's the link if you want to have a squizz and I'll upload some more some time today.:D
    Slideshow
    http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ozsmalltowngirl/?action=view&current=IMG_0047_2.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=4
    Album
    http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ozsmalltowngirl/?sc=1&addtype=local
    phew! fINISHED uploading my photo's :D There are a lot that are too dark, so I'll have a play with them today and see if I can make them a bit lighter. Enjoy!!!;)
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    yeah, i have to say that most of the crew around us were going OFF big time but there was a couple in front of us and another 2 guys who just stood and stared, with some minor swaying and leg tapping. i couldn't believe that someone could not be totally swept up in the raw excitement, even if they are not hard core fans. and if that's the case why the 10c seats??

That's what we wondered all tour long! Some people don't seem to be too excited about seeing the band live, yet seem to be renewing their 10c membership each year. Oh well!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    Same here, i was going to make a sign saying "It's HARD TO IMAGINE how SAD we'll be if U don't COME BACK" and hubby shot it down in flames, saying "how old are you?" I thought it was pretty clever myself. All in all, hubby is pretty tolerant and my sister thinks my obsession is hysterical but she listens to me blather on about them all time. My kids are over it - how dare Mum have another interest apart from us? My workmates are coming round. Have lent out 7 Worlds Collide DVD and asst CDs in a wily attempt to slowly open their eyes to the wonder that is Pearl Jam and the pure magic of Ed's voice.

PS. I always say that Ed sings straight to my ovaries. Woo Hoooooo, they were having their own party on Saturday nite ;)

I think that would've made for a great sign! I'm glad I made mine in the end - had that little voice inside going "Don't do it, Brad"
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    heyjose wrote:
    I think that would've made for a great sign! I'm glad I made mine in the end - had that little voice inside going "Don't do it, Brad"

Ah well, at least i got hear U and apart from not doing sign, have no regrets.
    Glad you didn't listen to that little voice :)
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,701

Glad it's not just me then. I got in trouble on Sunday. I was happily downloading, burning and making boots and playing them all day and my guy got a bit angry about my Pearl Jam obsession. When I explained that it was no different than someone being obsessed with their favourite football team he calmed down a bit. Oh yeah and there's the age thing too. Another friend said "you're not a teeny bopper any more you know" but when I explained the Eddie and the guys are now aged in their 40's that soon shut them up. :)
  • Options
    phew! fINISHED uploading my photo's :D There are a lot that are too dark, so I'll have a play with them today and see if I can make them a bit lighter. Enjoy!!!;)

Thanks for these. Makes me feel like I was there .. almost. Its great to see the guys all happy and smiling like that. Just goes to show how much fun they have when they're here. I hope Ed meant what he said (two years). :)
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    E.K wrote:
    Glad it's not just me then. I got in trouble on Sunday. I was happily downloading, burning and making boots and playing them all day and my guy got a bit angry about my Pearl Jam obsession. When I explained that it was no different than someone being obsessed with their favourite football team he calmed down a bit. Oh yeah and there's the age thing too. Another friend said "you're not a teeny bopper any more you know" but when I explained the Eddie and the guys are now aged in their 40's that soon shut them up. :)
    Its the same for me too! My husbands been so cranky coz all ive been talking bout is the concert. Hes pissed aswell,coz i seem to always be online reading about all the other pj fans, but its so hard when no one you know loves them like you. Hubby tries to listen to my ravings but i can tell he tunes out. Also rekons every time he calls from work im on the net,well, i guess thats just crap timing. I still manage to keep our two kids fed and the house clean so whats the big deal? Im so glad ive joined this forum.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Its the same for me too! My husbands been so cranky coz all ive been talking bout is the concert. Hes pissed aswell,coz i seem to always be online reading about all the other pj fans, but its so hard when no one you know loves them like you. Hubby tries to listen to my ravings but i can tell he tunes out. Also rekons every time he calls from work im on the net,well, i guess thats just crap timing. I still manage to keep our two kids fed and the house clean so whats the big deal? Im so glad ive joined this forum.

Hee hee. So it's you, me, Ozsmalltowngirl and PJcowgirl who are in trouble now. What a shame we can't all get together for coffee and Pearl Jam discussions. :)
  • Options
    Front row in front of Mike - here are my photos...

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/spudsgirl_2006/?action=view&slideshow=true

I hope this works... Oh and for some reason this runs backwards...
  • Options
    spudsgirl wrote:

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/spudsgirl_2006/?action=view&slideshow=true

Thanks! That one of them all lined up and smiling is so bloody adorable. :)
  • Options
    spudsgirl wrote:

Great photo's....just lurv the same 1 E.K mentioned. They were like that all night...really had fun!!! Thanx for sharing;)
  • Options
    thanks to eberybody posting there comments on the show great to hear lots of like minded people
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    Great photo's....just lurv the same 1 E.K mentioned. They were like that all night...really had fun!!! Thanx for sharing;)

You mean this one? What a shame Stone got chopped out.

DSC00369.jpg

I think I might save this one as my desktop now. :)
  • Options
    Yes, that 1 E'K.
    I've nearly finishe re-uploading mine. I've lightened most of them up so you can see them better :D
    JJJ took some great ones too....she was next to me. She took a great video of Black as well. Unfortunatel her computer blew up yesterday, so she won't be back on line til Thursday....hopefully she'll share some with us.
  • Options
    Yes, that 1 E'K.
    I've nearly finishe re-uploading mine. I've lightened most of them up so you can see them better :D

Cool. The Perth photos are the best. Wish I had been there!
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Cool. The Perth photos are the best. Wish I had been there!
    about 9 to go....shouldn't be long.
  • Options
    Thanks gal. Speak to you all tomorrow. :) :cool:
  • Options
    MFC79MFC79 Posts: 2
    heyjose wrote:

my girlfriend made fun of me cause i took my australian flag with me. when i got out of the stadium i had to call her to rub it in that I PASSED UP THE FLAG TO ED TO WEAR DURING RITFW AND HE PASSED ME DOWN HIS TAMBOURINE!!!!

a fair trade? what do you all think??
  • Options
    MFC79MFC79 Posts: 2
    spudsgirl wrote:

love the photo ed and the flag i passed up!!!! would of taken photos myself but i was too exxcited and concentrating on gettin a tambourine!!!
    glad you were able to capture the moment!!! cheers

Dane
  • Options
    MFC79 wrote:
    my girlfriend made fun of me cause i took my australian flag with me. when i got out of the stadium i had to call her to rub it in that I PASSED UP THE FLAG TO ED TO WEAR DURING RITFW AND HE PASSED ME DOWN HIS TAMBOURINE!!!!

a fair trade? what do you all think??
    FAIR TRADE!!!! WHAT AN HONOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My first post......

Oh there’s the fucken moon, right there! Cheers
    ....Take my hand, not my picture
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    E.K wrote:
    Hee hee. So it's you, me, Ozsmalltowngirl and PJcowgirl who are in trouble now. What a shame we can't all get together for coffee and Pearl Jam discussions. :)
    Well, when the boys come back i suppose we will just HAVE to go to a gig together! Whats to say we dont all meet up in a couple of years, we travelled to brisbane for pj, why not sydney ( is that where you are?). Ahhhh,hubbys asleep, snoring so now i can get halfa on the forum, satisfying my need of pj,lol.Im sure this thread is meant to be about the perth show (does it really matter if we get sidetracked?). Hey, how can i get my photos up to show you gals ( and guys?). Ive got heaps of crappy blurry ones but a few good ones of the screen ( does that sound desperate and pathetic?). We were 3 rows back from the barricade separating the first 20 rows from the rest of the ground crew. And whats weird is, for the brissie show i booked as soon as tix were released and got far away seats in the stands of the ent.centre, and in perth we booked a week before the show and got f**k off seats-hows that? Is anyone a Ten Club member, if so, how do you go with sending money when they want US dollars? And is it true if your a member you get the best seats?
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed