Options

*** Perth Fanviews Here 25/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    What a crack up!! I know, i was singing the "doo do doo do do do dos" at the end of black and i swear i was the only one around me. as i said b4 there were boring people around me. How funny. Im stoked were able to get a bootleg of perth, im still pretty new to this whole forum/bootleg/internet thingy, but im sure ill work out how to download it. YYYAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!

The bootleg thing is a beautiful thing. I've just downloaded Newcastle and am listening now. Funny ever since Saturday my bosses have not had good value out of me - I've been on here more often than not, and then burning boots. Naughty pjcowgirl ;)

there was a guy on sat night, who looked like he was hiding from security in row 3 in front of us and he was trying to get everybody the do do do thing. Most of us were anyway. :D ..... and it was pretty long. The guy appeared to be very high and disappeared after Black.
    reaching in..... the suns fingers clutch the dawn to pass
    even out..... it's a precious thing to bear
  • Options
    i chose not to care what anybody else did i just revelled in the moment 2.5hrs and 30 song and it flew by i yell and screamed sang at the top of my voice who hoo'd and loved every second

cant wait for the boot

aftre the concert a friend gave me the 2003 boot and its been helping me to remember but cant wait for the real deal 25/11 boot
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    The bootleg thing is a beautiful thing. I've just downloaded Newcastle and am listening now. Funny ever since Saturday my bosses have not had good value out of me - I've been on here more often than not, and then burning boots. Naughty pjcowgirl ;)

there was a guy on sat night, who looked like he was hiding from security in row 3 in front of us and he was trying to get everybody the do do do thing. Most of us were anyway. :D ..... and it was pretty long. The guy appeared to be very high and disappeared after Black.
    Haha, what your bosses dont know wont hurt them! I wish i was in the area you were in, next concert i will definately be up there, gotta borrow my mother in laws cred card first so i can join 10c. It wouldve been such an awesome experience to be surrounded by enthusiastic fans during the concert. Im not shitting you, our concert neighbours were less than xcited and really bugged me. Sorry, ill stop whingeing. Im at home with our two kids so ive gotta sneak onto the computer when theyre occupied and satisfy my taste for pj. Must be a tad easier if youve got constant access to this site at work. How do you go about downloading when your bosses aint looking?
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Grundy wrote:
    i chose not to care what anybody else did i just revelled in the moment 2.5hrs and 30 song and it flew by i yell and screamed sang at the top of my voice who hoo'd and loved every second

cant wait for the boot

aftre the concert a friend gave me the 2003 boot and its been helping me to remember but cant wait for the real deal 25/11 boot
    Yeah, its gonna be great to hear it again, I am stressing that ill start to forget parts of it, so when i get the boot it will never leave my stereo!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Haha, what your bosses dont know wont hurt them! I wish i was in the area you were in, next concert i will definately be up there, gotta borrow my mother in laws cred card first so i can join 10c. It wouldve been such an awesome experience to be surrounded by enthusiastic fans during the concert. Im not shitting you, our concert neighbours were less than xcited and really bugged me. Sorry, ill stop whingeing. Im at home with our two kids so ive gotta sneak onto the computer when theyre occupied and satisfy my taste for pj. Must be a tad easier if youve got constant access to this site at work. How do you go about downloading when your bosses aint looking?

One of my bosses sits right behind me and he probably doesn't know what i'm doing :D Anyway, he is an excellent guy and probably wouldn't care too much as long as i get some work done... and i'm a fast worker he he

10c seats are awesome. i let my membership lapse due to lack of credit card and ending up sitting 2 rows further back than 03 but on the night i didn't really care. i could see plenty from row 4 and was stoked to be in front of Mike - i could watch him all day.
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    One of my bosses sits right behind me and he probably doesn't know what i'm doing :D Anyway, he is an excellent guy and probably wouldn't care too much as long as i get some work done... and i'm a fast worker he he

10c seats are awesome. i let my membership lapse due to lack of credit card and ending up sitting 2 rows further back than 03 but on the night i didn't really care. i could see plenty from row 4 and was stoked to be in front of Mike - i could watch him all day.
    very true. Its good you got a cool boss. Does he like pj?
  • Options
    Yeah, its gonna be great to hear it again, I am stressing that ill start to forget parts of it, so when i get the boot it will never leave my stereo!

I felt like i forgot the 03 concert very quickly - probably due to swilling and choofing all afternoon at the Burswood. Tried to keep myself together better this year.... and how could u possibly forget Sat night? We are so lucky to be able to get the boots. I feell like i'll need to put the rest of my life on hold once i get it so i can listen to it over and over again. Would someone mind looking after my kids and hubby for a few weeks? :)
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    I felt like i forgot the 03 concert very quickly - probably due to swilling and choofing all afternoon at the Burswood. Tried to keep myself together better this year.... and how could u possibly forget Sat night? We are so lucky to be able to get the boots. I feell like i'll need to put the rest of my life on hold once i get it so i can listen to it over and over again. Would someone mind looking after my kids and hubby for a few weeks? :)
    why dont we chuck em all in a room together and then all us pj heads can go out the back (my house is fine!) and crank up the bootleg whilst drinking chosen refreshments and casually JUMPING UP AND DOWN until our legs fall off, COOL?
  • Options
    I am an animal,now. I think im going to cry!
  • Options
    why dont we chuck em all in a room together and then all us pj heads can go out the back (my house is fine!) and crank up the bootleg whilst drinking chosen refreshments and casually JUMPING UP AND DOWN until our legs fall off, COOL?

Sounds great. It would be awesome to be able to listen to boots with fellow PJ fans but my first listen will have to be with hubby, so we can relive it together. Although, as much as he loved Sat night, he is def not hard core.

And no, my boss wouldn't be into PJ but will put up with me carrying on about them.
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    Sounds great. It would be awesome to be able to listen to boots with fellow PJ fans but my first listen will have to be with hubby, so we can relive it together. Although, as much as he loved Sat night, he is def not hard core.

And no, my boss wouldn't be into PJ but will put up with me carrying on about them.
    Thats really romantic! Ok,gotta scoot,kids are running riot and hubby will be home soon, see you all lata!!
  • Options
    WallyWally Posts: 35
    Do Perth Pearl Jam fans get together at all? Would love to meet other people who love the greatest band on this planet.
    3 March 1998 (Tue) - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
    19 March 1998 (Thu) - Perth Entertainment Centre
    23 February 2003 (Sun) - Burswood Dome, Perth
    25 November 2006 (Sat) - Subiaco Oval, Perth
    14 November 2009 (Sat) - ME Bank Stadium, Perth
    2 February 2014 (Sun) - Arena Joondalup, Perth
  • Options
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Yep...Great Review! :)
  • Options
    Why does the set list say that Mother is a John Lennon song, but the song list on pearljam.com lists the performance along with the other two performances of Danzig's Mother. Did Lennon even have a song by that name?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    wow...the bootleg is awesome

better man is fucking insane!

the crowd was soooo good
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    swampyswampy Posts: 36
    Just downloaded the boot, bought back all the memories :) What an awesome show Perth really was. I was a bit worried after going to some of the shows, esp melbourne, that subiaco just wouldn't have the same atmosphere.

Tix 4th Row mike really made it a great start, but I was so into it all after that I didn't really see or hear much of what was going on with the crowd. Listening to the boot has confirmed for me that little old perth put on the best PJ show I've ever been to, great setting on a great WA night!

Some great footage on you tube too thanks to a guy in the second row just in front of me in case any of you haven't seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pearl+jam+perth&search=Search
    lets pick up your will,.. it's grown fat and lazy.
    .: Save You :.
  • Options
    who was the chick in the red and black striped top? does she hang round in this board?
    The man approached a very beautiful woman in a large supermarket and asked "You know, I've lost my wife here in the supermarket. Can you talk to me for a couple of minutes?"
    Woman: "Why?"
    Man: "Because every time I talk to a beautiful woman, my wife appears out of nowhere."
  • Options
    Why does the set list say that Mother is a John Lennon song, but the song list on pearljam.com lists the performance along with the other two performances of Danzig's Mother. Did Lennon even have a song by that name?
    It might take one of us oldies to answer that. Mother was on one of John Lennon's early albums, I think it was just called "Plastic Ono Band". I've got it on vinyl, and it has a picture on the cover with John and Yoko laying under a tree and it has some other great songs on it like Working Class Hero.
    I liked the way at the concert that it was threaded into from memory Even Flow. I think that it is interesting how many great artists like Eddie, John Lennon and Eric Clapton just to name a few, had pretty similar dysfunctional upbringings.
    Now I'm livin' out here on the beach,
    but those seagulls are still out of reach.
  • Options
    who was the chick in the red and black striped top? does she hang round in this board?

which clip was she in??
  • Options

which clip was she in?? i think she was in front of us.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    There were heaps of Pearl Jam Chicks there that night ;) hehe
  • Options
    how big is the boot to downlowd

is it worth getting the flac version
  • Options
    I downloaded the flac and all up it's 935MB
  • Options
    Thanx Pearl Jam you rocked my world that night!!
    the waiting drove me mad...
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Shame about the dickheads who ruined my experience, but hey, I'm glad to say that I've finally rocked out with a mullet and a cape on my back at a PJ show.

Next time, it'll be a Bugs costume. Either of a bug, or Bugs Bunny. Or Michaelangelo from TMNT, cos y'know, Gremmie. Or a Goat.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Shit, was that you in the mullet and the cape? I was standing behind you in the 10C line for tickets and then saw you at the concert and had no idea who you were!

If you don't mind me asking I have read on a few boards now where you said Perth was your least favourite concert because of some dickheads but I have no idea what that is in reference to, what happened?
  • Options
    I found Perth a better show than Melbourne I....
    You dont give blood, and take it back again!
    Shit, was that you in the mullet and the cape? I was standing behind you in the 10C line for tickets and then saw you at the concert and had no idea who you were!

If you don't mind me asking I have read on a few boards now where you said Perth was your least favourite concert because of some dickheads but I have no idea what that is in reference to, what happened?
    Bunch of dickheads stormed my row, 2nd row between Ed and Stone. I was my usual rockin' self, flailing about, and these pricks resented that and threatened to beat me up after the show cos I kept bumping into them, when it's really just me holding my ground. Security just kept letting people through. I had a great bunch of people watching my back, Jake included, so I didn't really feel alarmed, but these fucks were just cramping my style.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Yeah we had a bit of that all night. We were front row Mike's side and had two guys slide up and stand behind us all night, they were pretty respectful so we didn't make a fuss about it. I must of jumped on their toes about 150-200 times! They had yellow arm bands but had come from limited view seats where there was a speaker stack pretty much in their direct line of sight.

Funniest thing all night was one when some random chick appeared during the jam in Daughter as the band were leading up to the tag. She seemed to have over indulged on some form of mood altering substance and was screaming at us "He's forgotten the words, he's forgotten the words. Didn't you see? He had to look them up. Help him, help him!!! The shades go down Eddie, the shades go down". We were deadset wetting ourselves. Didn't take security long to ask her where her yellow arm band was and send her back to wherever she came from...

He's forgotten the words, help him, help him!!!