• Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,701
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/captainofcarrock/3.jpg

Absolutely love this one! Guess who's saving this as their computer desktop pic? ;)

Glad to hear the Perth show was so awesome. Did the boys say when they'll be back?? :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    -
  • Options
    Its was a spiritual experience for me

missed them the last 2 times

They are my favorite band

PJ played virtually everything ive wanted to hear played live for so long

still cant believe i was there

singing and sweating along with 20000 other mad fans

i laughed, i cried, alot actually and i fuc**en rocked baby

the greatest concert of my life by miles

great version of alive, Blood was sublime,

Ive never met a PJ fan like me in perth i almost thought i was alone here but there i was with 20,000 mad rockers entrenched enthralled entranced

im 40 in Dec and was i birthday present from my cousin Ben (love ya Man) you'll never know what it meant to me

in my life when i was doing it tough or down or up PJ was always there

i know some of you know what im talking about

"KEEP ON ROCKING IN THE FREE WORLD"
  • Options
    heyjose wrote:
    Haha I thought it was.. the girl stood up on her chair...
    Yeah, she was standing on her chair a couple of rows directly behind me and when Ed was pointing at her saying there you are, found you...I thought he was pointing at me and nearly died....I was just ready to say yeah I'm Damiens girl, when I turned around and saw her standing on her seat with the spotlight on her. Then when he said oh yeah and he (Damien) said he wants to marry you, I looked at her and screamed and she was standing there and shaking her head and saying NO! NO!...so I don't know if this Damien had really said he wanted to propose or if Ed was just stirring. I kept looking at her every now and then to see what she was doing while Ed was singing to her, expecting her to be crying, Like I would have been, and she was just standing there really casual like :( Mate I would have been forcing my way up to the front to reach out to Ed and thank him....at the very least.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed said they'll be back in 2 years, so I'm counting down already.....BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm 2 years hey? I better start putting that in my calender then ;) hehe
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    Yeah, she was standing on her chair a couple of rows directly behind me and when Ed was pointing at her saying there you are, found you...I thought he was pointing at me and nearly died....I was just ready to say yeah I'm Damiens girl, when I turned around and saw her standing on her seat with the spotlight on her. Then when he said oh yeah and he (Damien) said he wants to marry you, I looked at her and screamed and she was standing there and shaking her head and saying NO! NO!...so I don't know if this Damien had really said he wanted to propose or if Ed was just stirring. I kept looking at her every now and then to see what she was doing while Ed was singing to her, expecting her to be crying, Like I would have been, and she was just standing there really casual like :( Mate I would have been forcing my way up to the front to reach out to Ed and thank him....at the very least.

Yeah it wasn't really the reaction you'd expect it to be from her was it? :D
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    edited November 2012
    -
  • Options
    Fly13Fly13 Posts: 1
    Saturday night was only my third Pearl Jam experience, I’d call it a concert but as we all know, a live PJ gig is more than just a concert, it’s an life altering experience and while they have all been in Perth, they’ve all been in different venues, and while I couldn’t fault the first two at all, this one was just somehow a cut above again.

Like most of you, I had my own loooooong shortlist of favourites that I was hoping the boys would smash out, and that list consisted of: State of Love & Trust, Black, Betterman, Elderly Woman, Jeremy, Hail Hail, Given To Fly, Alive, Daughter, Marker in The Sand, Yellow Ledbetter, & Love Boat Captain of which I was spoiled to have got nine of the twelve played during the marathon performance.

The boys came out hard and fast with heaps of energy and but for a bit of a lull during U & Insignificance in which the majority of non-die hard fans caught their breath, the initial set was absolutely flawless.

Encore one was preceded by the marriage proposal by Ed on behalf of some Damien to his ‘best girl’ and then it was another mind blowing effort that saw me completely indulged with Betterman, Solat, Black & Alive belted out back to back, I was in heaven.

Ed appeared to be taken aback when the crowd took the floor to sing the first verse of Betterman, seemingly needing a moment to compose himself as he contemplated these twenty-odd thousand strangers serenading him with his own words, it was the highlight of the night for mine.

The second encore had a different vibe, less lovey dovey and more let’s go out with a serious bang, and that they did as they belted out a couple of covers sandwiched between Why Go & Blood before the boys farewelled their Aussie fans with Ed’s high fiving of the front row, a group bow, and the kicking and hand balling of the footy’s.

As always it was a bittersweet experience, as we enjoyed our twice a decade visit from the greatest living rock band in the universe before realising they were going to leave us for another who really knows how long…

Hopefully it’s not too long because the mighty Jam are a finely tuned machine running on all cylinders right now, they are rocking the world in a way most musician’s can only ever dream of.

Ed seems genuinely fond of Australia, Perth, Margaret River & Yallingup in particular and looked sad to have to leave, but likely not anywhere near as sad as we all were to see him and the boys go.

I was a little surprised they didn’t play anything off Riot Act at all the breakdown is as follows:

Ten: Even Flow, Daughter, Jeremy, Black, Alive, Why Go (6)

Vs: Go, Animal, Elderly Woman, Rearviewmirror, Blood (5)

Vitalogy: Corduroy, Betterman (2)

No Code: Lukin (1)

Yield: Do the Evolution, Given To Fly, In Hiding (3)

Binaural: Insignificance (1)

Riot Act: (0)

Pearl Jam: Comatose, Severed Hand, Marker in the Sand, World Wide Suicide, Big Wave, Wasted Reprise (6)

Other: U, Throw Your Arms around Me, Last Kiss, State of Love of Trust, I Got You, Rockin’ In the Free World (6)

Total: 30

30 songs, over two and a half hours of blood, sweat and tears, a marriage proposal, a game of footy, a couple bottle’s of wine thanks to Margaret, a world class guitar & drum solo, six guys operating on another plain during a perfect summer evening that even had the moon smiling and I still wanted more… some people you just can’t please hey?

Thanks for everything boys!

Come back soon!!!
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    Bugger about the wankers on your side. We were 4th row in front of Mike and apart from the dude who snuck in next to us, and another random guy who was hiding from security in front of us for a song or two, we were wanker free.

I'd be totally off it if some shithead spoilt the show for us... and it gives the rest of us Sandgropers a bad name too.

Well,cant say that we had any wankers or drunken idiots around us,though i was dissapointed to see quite a few people around me and hubby werent even clapping! Yes, i know its baffling isnt it! There was a couple in front of us that looked like they shouldve been somewhere else as they just stood there, not even SWAYING to the music, didnt clap ( i ask you!) and certainly didnt call for an encore ( which is a pet hate of mine). I mean whats the point in paying for a ticket to see the best band in the cosmos if you dont even ACT like youre having fun! I felt like slapping their noggins 2gether and making them jump up and down! Am i expecting too much? I guess not every one is as enthusiastic as all of us on this forum! And i dont mean to come across as a whinger, but c'mon people!!! Next time, forget that youre surrounded by 22 000 crew you dont know...that can be beneficial! Throw caution to the wind and lift, baby lift! Hee hee.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Vey well said Fly13!!!!
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/captainofcarrock/3.jpg

Absolutely love this one! Guess who's saving this as their computer desktop pic? ;)

I made these as desktops....
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/captainofcarrock/widescreen.jpg
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/captainofcarrock/widescreen2.jpg
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/captainofcarrock/logo.jpg

first 2 are for widescreen formats, last one for a standard 1024x786 desktop.
    if anyone is interested, i can do something similar with the lean...
  • Options
    meh...
    i just went ahead and did it anyway!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/captainofcarrock/lean.jpg

cheers all
  • Options
    Well,cant say that we had any wankers or drunken idiots around us,though i was dissapointed to see quite a few people around me and hubby werent even clapping! Yes, i know its baffling isnt it! There was a couple in front of us that looked like they shouldve been somewhere else as they just stood there, not even SWAYING to the music, didnt clap ( i ask you!) and certainly didnt call for an encore ( which is a pet hate of mine). I mean whats the point in paying for a ticket to see the best band in the cosmos if you dont even ACT like youre having fun! I felt like slapping their noggins 2gether and making them jump up and down! Am i expecting too much? I guess not every one is as enthusiastic as all of us on this forum! And i dont mean to come across as a whinger, but c'mon people!!! Next time, forget that youre surrounded by 22 000 crew you dont know...that can be beneficial! Throw caution to the wind and lift, baby lift! Hee hee.

yeah, i have to say that most of the crew around us were going OFF big time but there was a couple in front of us and another 2 guys who just stood and stared, with some minor swaying and leg tapping. i couldn't believe that someone could not be totally swept up in the raw excitement, even if they are not hard core fans. and if that's the case why the 10c seats?? anyhoo, i can't remember a better night in all my life. I'm still totally blown away by it :D
    reaching in..... the suns fingers clutch the dawn to pass
    even out..... it's a precious thing to bear
  • Options
    Alrighty then....I've managed to upload some of my photo's. They looked a lot better on the camera :( I'll still cherish them though!! There's a couple of (almost) headless Eddies and some look really dark (didn't on the camera?) and some aren't that clear....but hey, I'm glad I got them still. Really kicking myself for not sussing out my camera before the show....I've only ever used it to take photo's of my work before. Anyhoo....here's the link if you want to have a squizz and I'll upload some more some time today.:D
    Slideshow
    http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ozsmalltowngirl/?action=view&current=IMG_0047_2.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=4
    Album
    http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ozsmalltowngirl/?sc=1&addtype=local
  • Options
    Awesome pics ozsmalltowngirl!!! thanks for brining back the memories!

You must have been right behind me and my brother, I can see tha back of my head in one of those (IMG_0030_2).

Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    Well more than 10 years ago since my first live pearl jam experience....

Figured its time to actually post!

Without a doubt pearl jam never fail to take me to a place where i really don't care what the rest of the crowd is doing (probably a good thing at times!)

Fantastic set list and amazing night all round
    and yes it was truly a beautiful night and yes that moon, thanks ed!!

Highlight - Black (for those who were there no explanation needed!)

Big thanks to 10C - fantastic tickets

Still smiling :)

back in two years??? counting down already.....
  • Options
    Awesome pics ozsmalltowngirl!!! thanks for brining back the memories!

You must have been right behind me and my brother, I can see tha back of my head in one of those (IMG_0030_2).

Thanks again!!!
    Yey!! which 1 are you? I've still got more photo's to upload, but my computer's chucking a wobbly today for some reason? So I'll try again later.
  • Options
    Ed-1.jpg

I love this one big time. Can't wait to see what mine turn out like - just have to finish the film on my poxy disposable.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Give me a week or so...my mate who was standing next to me(front row) took some pics and filmed about 3 minutes of Even Flow with his phone:)
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    Ed-1.jpg

I love this one big time. Can't wait to see what mine turn out like - just have to finish the film on my poxy disposable.
    Yeah, same!!! Especially with all the hands raised...I can't stop looking at them all....Like I said, even though most of them didn't turn out very well, I still know what they are and it just brings it all flooding back to me -THE MOST MAGICAL NIGHT OF MY NIGHT!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I wish this 1 had turned out better....I love it when he smiles....sigh!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ozsmalltowngirl/smilingEd.jpg
    This is cool....love it when the guys interact!!!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ozsmalltowngirl/MikeandEd.jpg
  • Options
    im on this board every day and i cant believe after the pj show it took me 4 days to find time to log on. i was 5th row on mikes side, just out of reach of the picks, some drunk fuck stood on my poster (while it was on a seat). we had 2 spare 10c seats infront of us and 4 spare 2 the side. amazing, even tho they were filled by non 10c fans quickly. we had them girls wanting some tickets sittin next to us at one stage. some dude joked to them they can get back in with just the X on the hand...didnt see them again thank fuck. didnt take any pix so cant wait to see the ones you guys took. cant believe it has taken so long to get the aussie bootlegs...i got camden in 2 days. well done to the crowd, i cant wait to hear our singing on the cd :)
    The man approached a very beautiful woman in a large supermarket and asked "You know, I've lost my wife here in the supermarket. Can you talk to me for a couple of minutes?"
    Woman: "Why?"
    Man: "Because every time I talk to a beautiful woman, my wife appears out of nowhere."
  • Options
    im on this board every day and i cant believe after the pj show it took me 4 days to find time to log on. i was 5th row on mikes side, just out of reach of the picks, some drunk fuck stood on my poster (while it was on a seat). we had 2 spare 10c seats infront of us and 4 spare 2 the side. amazing, even tho they were filled by non 10c fans quickly. we had them girls wanting some tickets sittin next to us at one stage. some dude joked to them they can get back in with just the X on the hand...didnt see them again thank fuck. didnt take any pix so cant wait to see the ones you guys took. cant believe it has taken so long to get the aussie bootlegs...i got camden in 2 days. well done to the crowd, i cant wait to hear our singing on the cd :)

That drunk fuck was next to me - he was the dude who snuck down from the back (see my review above). Couldn't believe there were spare seats either but do hope you had a blast :)
  • Options
    Hey....you must have been just down from me....which block were you in? How's life in Rockingham?? Have you come back down to earth yet? I haven't. I agree bout out bootleg...our singing was amazing!!!! You could tell Ed was appreciative too.
  • Options
    I've managed to upload more photo's and am still going. I'll update when I've finished :D
    http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/ozsmalltowngirl/?sc=1&addtype=local
  • Options
    So Ed's new "girlfriend" is Margaret River huh? He was telling us about her at Sydney 3. ;)

What row were you in? Looks like you were really close. :)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    So Ed's new "girlfriend" is Margaret River huh? He was telling us about her at Sydney 3. ;)

What row were you in? Looks like you were really close. :)
    Yes, that's right....and I spose it's time to let you all know that my REAL name is Margaret River :eek: yes...it's me!!!!
    I was in row E (fifth row), right in front of Ed...the rows were pretty close together too, so, yeah I was very close....:D
  • Options
    We must have seen each other at some time during the night coz we weren't far away at all. I was the very sweaty excited lady row 4 in front of Mike ;)