Options

*** Perth Fanviews Here 25/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    Well, when the boys come back i suppose we will just HAVE to go to a gig together! Whats to say we dont all meet up in a couple of years, we travelled to brisbane for pj, why not sydney ( is that where you are?). Ahhhh,hubbys asleep, snoring so now i can get halfa on the forum, satisfying my need of pj,lol.Im sure this thread is meant to be about the perth show (does it really matter if we get sidetracked?). Hey, how can i get my photos up to show you gals ( and guys?). Ive got heaps of crappy blurry ones but a few good ones of the screen ( does that sound desperate and pathetic?). We were 3 rows back from the barricade separating the first 20 rows from the rest of the ground crew. And whats weird is, for the brissie show i booked as soon as tix were released and got far away seats in the stands of the ent.centre, and in perth we booked a week before the show and got f**k off seats-hows that? Is anyone a Ten Club member, if so, how do you go with sending money when they want US dollars? And is it true if your a member you get the best seats?
    RE; photo's...get a Photobucket account....it's free and super easy, then once you've uploaded your photo's to it, you can just post the link on here for us :D
    Re; 10c....I'm a member and yes.... we do get the best seats....all of the people down in the front were in 10c seats. I had 5th row smack bang in front of Ed. Well and truly worth getting a membership. When you get tix via 10c, we book them prior to them going on sale to general public and pay with credit card...it's all too easy!
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    RE; photo's...get a Photobucket account....it's free and super easy, then once you've uploaded your photo's to it, you can just post the link on here for us :D
    Re; 10c....I'm a member and yes.... we do get the best seats....all of the people down in the front were in 10c seats. I had 5th row smack bang in front of Ed. Well and truly worth getting a membership. When you get tix via 10c, we book them prior to them going on sale to general public and pay with credit card...it's all too easy!
    Tanks mate!!! But how did u join regarding US bucks? Can u send them a money order or can u use a credit card?
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Tanks mate!!! But how did u join regarding US bucks? Can u send them a money order or can u use a credit card?
    No worries bud:D Yep...use a credit card.
    BTW....I love your signature ....I love that line....it is so true and a shame more people don't realize it ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone have any idea till when the Subi boot comes out?

I am dead set hanging for it. (I guess 22,000 plus people are as well)

Cheers
    ....Take my hand, not my picture
  • Options
    Madcat021 wrote:
    Does anyone have any idea till when the Subi boot comes out?

I am dead set hanging for it. (I guess 22,000 plus people are as well)

Cheers
    No idea??? They've really slowed down with the boots....I'm still waiting for the Newcastle boot, which was on the 19th and still hasn't been released....so yeah, we have to wait for Newcastle, Adelaide 1 and 2 to be released before Perth :( COME ON!!!!! :eek: I want it yesterday :eek:
  • Options
    For all of you who came to Perth for the concert the other night from interstate and experienced the beautiful weather that Mother Nature provided for the night....I just thought I'd let you know that tonight it is freezing cold, pissing down with rain and thunder storms on the way.....THANK YOU MOTHER NATURE for such a perfect warm, still, starry night on the 25/11/06 ;)
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    MFC79 wrote:
    my girlfriend made fun of me cause i took my australian flag with me. when i got out of the stadium i had to call her to rub it in that I PASSED UP THE FLAG TO ED TO WEAR DURING RITFW AND HE PASSED ME DOWN HIS TAMBOURINE!!!!

a fair trade? what do you all think??

Yeah and pointing at your flag singing 'red, white and blue' :)
  • Options
    http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,20827760-5005368,00.html

- Nice review of the concert from the Sunday Times website.
    the needle & the damage done
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,20827760-5005368,00.html

- Nice review of the concert from the Sunday Times website.
    Yeah not bad! :)
  • Options
    WallyWally Posts: 35
    Good review
    3 March 1998 (Tue) - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
    19 March 1998 (Thu) - Perth Entertainment Centre
    23 February 2003 (Sun) - Burswood Dome, Perth
    25 November 2006 (Sat) - Subiaco Oval, Perth
    14 November 2009 (Sat) - ME Bank Stadium, Perth
    2 February 2014 (Sun) - Arena Joondalup, Perth
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,701
    Well, when the boys come back i suppose we will just HAVE to go to a gig together! Whats to say we dont all meet up in a couple of years, we travelled to brisbane for pj, why not sydney ( is that where you are?). Ahhhh,hubbys asleep, snoring so now i can get halfa on the forum, satisfying my need of pj,lol.Im sure this thread is meant to be about the perth show (does it really matter if we get sidetracked?). Hey, how can i get my photos up to show you gals ( and guys?). Ive got heaps of crappy blurry ones but a few good ones of the screen ( does that sound desperate and pathetic?). We were 3 rows back from the barricade separating the first 20 rows from the rest of the ground crew. And whats weird is, for the brissie show i booked as soon as tix were released and got far away seats in the stands of the ent.centre, and in perth we booked a week before the show and got f**k off seats-hows that? Is anyone a Ten Club member, if so, how do you go with sending money when they want US dollars? And is it true if your a member you get the best seats?

Hey PJ girls unite! Yeah.. I'm a 10C member but only joined in 2004. You just join online at http://www.tenclub.net and go the the Goods section, then 10c membership, give your name, address, credit card details etc. and it's done. I was a like an excited little kid on Christmas Day at Sydney 1 because this was the first show where I'd ever had 10c tickets. I got 14th row which would have been ok except for heaps of tall guys in front so I didn't get to see a lot of the stage ... luckily there were two big screens up. Anyway the atmosphere was amazing.. I remember my heart going plippety plop when Ed walked on stage as it was the first show of the tour and nearly 4 years since they'd been here.

I don't know how Ticketek works but we got seats way back in the rafters for Sydney 3 so went walkies during intermission and sneaked into some rear view seats which turned out to be good as we got to see a lot of stuff the people in the front of the stage didn't like Ed going off to towel himself down, chatting to the lighting woman and sneaking ciggies during the Mike and Matt solos etc. :)
  • Options

I'd love to have a meet up..... but couldn't see me ever being able to do an interstate gig, short of winning lotto. Hubby would kill that idea on the spot, which is sort of fair. I guess family holidays, work and mortgage do have to come first :( Also, if we do meet up - bugger the coffee, how about a cold wet one???

Still can't be too sad after what we have experienced. We're lucky that Pearl Jam comes to Perth.
    reaching in..... the suns fingers clutch the dawn to pass
    even out..... it's a precious thing to bear
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    I'd love to have a meet up..... but couldn't see me ever being able to do an interstate gig, short of winning lotto. Hubby would kill that idea on the spot, which is sort of fair. I guess family holidays, work and mortgage do have to come first :( Also, if we do meet up - bugger the coffee, how about a cold wet one???

Still can't be too sad after what we have experienced. We're lucky that Pearl Jam comes to Perth.

Ok beers it is then but I refuse to drink Swan lager. ;)

I have a deal .. if they tour again in the next few years and come to Perth I'll come over. I can visit my sis and see W.A again too. :)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

I have a deal .. if they tour again in the next few years and come to Perth I'll come over. I can visit my sis and see W.A again too. :)

I luuuurv Swan Lager, it's my very favourite. I learnt how to drink beer up north. Funny, i live in the middle of wine and surf country - can't stand wine and can't surf, but do love the beach.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

E.K I'm printing this off as proof. ;) I don't know if Ed would survive with all of us together :eek: :D
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    I luuuurv Swan Lager, it's my very favourite. I learnt how to drink beer up north. Funny, i live in the middle of wine and surf country - can't stand wine and can't surf, but do love the beach.
    Can't stand wine and can't stand beer....so I'll be content with Mr. Beam ;)
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:

Absolutely, I think beer is a great way to go, also partial to a scotch meself. Also to everyone who has given me tips on how to join 10c etc. thank you. I have been a massive fan of the jam since i was 12, which was 12 years ago now and have only recently joined this forum. Its nice to see that evryone can unite with their love for pj and help each other out. Its funny and alot of people say this here, but i thought i was the only one around that loved pj, now i come on here and i find im not alone! Even though my husband LIKES pj, hes not as obsessed with them as me. So thanx everyone for making me feel right at home!!!!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    No worries bud:D Yep...use a credit card.
    BTW....I love your signature ....I love that line....it is so true and a shame more people don't realize it ;)
    Yea, i was trying to think of all my fave pj lyrics, and that one just kept coming up. Ive wanted to get it tattooed on me for ages, but cant afford it.
  • Options
    MFC79 wrote:
    my girlfriend made fun of me cause i took my australian flag with me. when i got out of the stadium i had to call her to rub it in that I PASSED UP THE FLAG TO ED TO WEAR DURING RITFW AND HE PASSED ME DOWN HIS TAMBOURINE!!!!

a fair trade? what do you all think??

Yeah a fair trade alright, i was second row behind you. Didn't they try to kick you out before the show or something? What happened there?
  • Options
    Yea, i was trying to think of all my fave pj lyrics, and that one just kept coming up. Ive wanted to get it tattooed on me for ages, but cant afford it.

I want the surfboard logo as a tatt but hubby doesn't like it. He doesn't mind me getting a tattoo but i guess he'd prefer it had more to do with him than PJ :D So i'm thinking of going with some lyrics, just not sure which ones.

PS. Also a big fan of bourbon too. Yummy, you can drink it with coke, dry, lemonade, soda...........
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    I want the surfboard logo as a tatt but hubby doesn't like it. He doesn't mind me getting a tattoo but i guess he'd prefer it had more to do with him than PJ :D So i'm thinking of going with some lyrics, just not sure which ones.

PS. Also a big fan of bourbon too. Yummy, you can drink it with coke, dry, lemonade, soda...........
    There are so many to choose from, ive thought maybe of getting the actual music notes of my fave song tattooed although it would be hard coz i still havent decided on my favorite song!!??? Do you think hubby would agree with that? Both me and my husband have quite a few tattooes so i think hes given up on trying to restrict me! I was dissapointed on sat night as i had to drive home after the concert ( 2 1/2 hr drive home) and that meant i couldnt drink. Although you dont have to drink to have a great time at the gig, it wouldve made me jump higher im sure ( if that was possible! im sure i looked like a pogo stick)
  • Options
    There are so many to choose from, ive thought maybe of getting the actual music notes of my fave song tattooed although it would be hard coz i still havent decided on my favorite song!!??? Do you think hubby would agree with that? Both me and my husband have quite a few tattooes so i think hes given up on trying to restrict me! I was dissapointed on sat night as i had to drive home after the concert ( 2 1/2 hr drive home) and that meant i couldnt drink. Although you dont have to drink to have a great time at the gig, it wouldve made me jump higher im sure ( if that was possible! im sure i looked like a pogo stick)

We only had a couple on Saturday night. Didn't want to be running to the loo and miss something. Re; tattoo - it shouldn't really matter what the other half thinks, it's our body to do as we please with but you can't help but take your partner's thoughts into consideration. I guess they see our back more than we can/do!!!! When hubby shits me, i threaten to get a bit tatt of Ed on my back - that would be a doggy style killer hey!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    E.K I'm printing this off as proof. ;) I don't know if Ed would survive with all of us together :eek: :D

he heee. All our screaming and swooning would probably scare the poor man away and as I said before I love W.A and to see Pearl Jam there would be just awesome.
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    We only had a couple on Saturday night. Didn't want to be running to the loo and miss something. Re; tattoo - it shouldn't really matter what the other half thinks, it's our body to do as we please with but you can't help but take your partner's thoughts into consideration. I guess they see our back more than we can/do!!!! When hubby shits me, i threaten to get a bit tatt of Ed on my back - that would be a doggy style killer hey!!!! :D:D
    HMMMM....... youve just given me an idea!! hehe, imagine his surprise! Although you wouldnt see it much yourself, youde have to take a photo of it and have it in your wallet or bedside table. Re:drinks on sat night, i needed to go in the beginning but couldnt get out! I managed to hold on, it was really when they went off stage it got bad, but once the boys came back on it went away. What a lovely, wholesome subject, haha.
  • Options
    pjcowgirl wrote:
    So you didn't go with the catheta or Tena then !? :eek: LOL! Re; tattoo...I've been wanting a little stickman on the back of my neck for years...think that'll hurt a wee bit, though....I was wimpy enough when I got my big one on my back! But that was 16 years ago and I hadn't pushed out a 10 pound baby then !!!! A tattoo would probably feel like a tickle after that!!!:eek:
  • Options
    So you didn't go with the catheta or Tena then !? :eek: LOL! Re; tattoo...I've been wanting a little stickman on the back of my neck for years...think that'll hurt a wee bit, though....I was wimpy enough when I got my big one on my back! But that was 16 years ago and I hadn't pushed out a 10 pound baby then !!!! A tattoo would probably feel like a tickle after that!!!:eek:

The pain doesn't worry me but i'd really love to be able to decide on something. Have always wanted a tatt that means something to me and is not just a decoration. It wouldn't get any better than having some PJ art forever.

PS. I'm still buzzing from Sat night, woke up this morning dreaming of it. Aaaaahhhh sweet sweet dreams :)
  • Options
    Pjcowgirl

i know what you mean its like etched in my brain, images and sounds flash in every so often make me smile and remember my experience

moments i felt alone and othertimes i was rocking with the 20000 other PJ freaks along side me
  • Options
    Grundy wrote:
    Pjcowgirl

i know what you mean its like etched in my brain, images and sounds flash in every so often make me smile and remember my experience

moments i felt alone and othertimes i was rocking with the 20000 other PJ freaks along side me
    youre not the only one! I cant stop thinking of it either.
  • Options
    youre not the only one! I cant stop thinking of it either.
    I hear ya!!! And wait til we get the bootleg!!!!! Then we really can re-live it....I just know I'm gonna hear myself on it and cringe....as I've said previously....most of the WOOOOO_HOOOOOOOOOOO's that I absolutely bellowed out seemed to coincide with when everything went quiet :eek: how embarrassment :D
  • Options
    I hear ya!!! And wait til we get the bootleg!!!!! Then we really can re-live it....I just know I'm gonna hear myself on it and cringe....as I've said previously....most of the WOOOOO_HOOOOOOOOOOO's that I absolutely bellowed out seemed to coincide with when everything went quiet :eek: how embarrassment :D
    What a crack up!! I know, i was singing the "doo do doo do do do dos" at the end of black and i swear i was the only one around me. as i said b4 there were boring people around me. How funny. Im stoked were able to get a bootleg of perth, im still pretty new to this whole forum/bootleg/internet thingy, but im sure ill work out how to download it. YYYAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!