Options

Why do we need to "believe" in God?

Comments

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Cosmo wrote:
    so tell me cosmo...

are you agnostic/searching/ a believer????
    Yes.
    I believe in something greater than myself... it may just turn out to be the power of Nature, chaos, random order or pure energy.
    I am searching for something... mainly because I don't want to believe that this is all we get. I am hoping for the best... but, prepared for the truth.
    A believer? Yeah... a believer in hope and faith and love. All of which are human and not attributed to God.
    That is how I am able to accept Pandora's belief that she knows God... and reject her doctrine that she does know God. Just like all of those religions that share the very same presumption.
    And yes... I also believe i will never find what I'm looking for... leastwise, not here... in this life.
    Simply put... like that Chinese cookie once told me, 'The Journey Is The Reward' (in bed)

Hypothetical situation: If you were involved in some tragic accident and were near death but survived, and you felt that you "met" God at that moment, would you then be happy? It sounds like this is what you're looking for: that moment you get to "know" God, or something.

Because I think you should stop trying so hard and just enjoy how good you have it before anything really bad happens.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Cosmo wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:
    I've read through the majority of this thread and have found it interesting yet very, very frustrating.

Who,exactly, is "God"? Or what is "God"? What does "God" do?

I attended Catholic school from Kindergarten through my senior year in high school. I even went to a private Catholic college. I've studied not only Catholicism, but, in general, religion and beliefs my whole life. I'm now 24 and have been non-practicing for about 5 years. I feel I have enough knowledge to determine that the majority of what I have been taught may work for others but it's not for me. From personal experiences, I feel that there's some sort of spiritual nature to life, but I have a hard time understanding the personification and capitalization of "God", or believing in this specific "God" in general. I always fall back on those questions in the beginning of my post when talking and no one really answers them. They're always obscure and just seem like BS. So I figured I'd throw out these questions to the people who are 100% certain in this thread.

EDIT: or for that matter, anyone's ideas on those questions.
    Welcome to the discussion...
    Here are my answers to your questions:
    Who,exactly, is "God"? I have no idea... but, when I find out, you'll be the fisrt one I'll tell....

WHAT! youd make me wait?? ;) :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    i dunno about that cookie fortune... if i dont get to the destination then really the journey may well turn out to be worthless. ;):lol:

anyhoo....
    why do you want to believe this isnt all we get??? i have no problem with this life is all were getting, so we better make it all we can. this doesnt mean thats how i live cause i know there are things i hesitate to do because there is a bigger picture that may well be of more benfit to me if i dont choose a particular path, no matter how much i want to.

has this thought of yours developed as youve gotten older? do you think its a result of you confronting your own mortality? what if this ONE`life we get is the truth??? you realise if that is the case then youll never know.
    I guess... purpose. Almost like there has to be something greater than working a 9 to 5 in a cubicle for 30 years.
    And from the posts I've read from you... you sound like a kind and descent person. To me, that's all that matters. Religion does not have to be the road we take... definately the road not taken for me. The road of life is what I'm talking about. Believing in or not believing in God doesn't really matter... it is how you treat others. The thing I call 'God' is nothing like the man-like characiture in the Bible. He/she/It may just be something as simple as pure energy or complete knowledge of everything. I guess i'm hoping there is something greater to reveal to me... but, i'm not banking on it.
    As for aging. Yup, i'm piling on the years. but, not afraid of death. I see death as the portal we all must pass... like it or not, we don't get a choice on this one. But, at least I know i will get one absolutely truthful answer... is there another level on the other side of death... or is there only a void. only on that side of death, will we know for sure.
    Til then... yeah... live and be happy. I'm looking forward to th Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day this weekend. I hope it doesn't rain.... but, I am looking forawrd to doing what I can... while i can... to make someone else's live a little better.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Cosmo wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I am completely able and willing to explain what i have learned in my search for God and the Truth:
    First and Foremost... anyone who tells me that they know God... does not. Sure, they might believe to know God... but, in reality... they don't know Him. Why? Because this is the biggest quest in the history of Man. The person who truely knows God will not simply tell me, "I know God"... they will share God with me, so I will share God with others. To know God's love is to SHARE God's love. To keep God's love for yourself, sounds... well... kinda selfish.
    In your specific case, you come off as awfully selfish... with an almost, 'I've got mine... get yer own' attitude towards Him. I believe God is greater than that and if He were to choose those who know Him... they would be the ones to share His love with all of Mankind.
    If that is your religion... and it works for you... GREAT. Live long and prosper. But, don't expect me (or anyone else) to buy what you're selling. I know you will reiterate that it is FOR YOU ONLY... trust me... i do not want anything that you have.
    I have also found that there are probably many roads that eventually lead us towards God. Any of the religions will take you there... even if you do not believe in Him... He will seek you out. All you have to be is kind and caring.
    I don't believe in a Heaven or Hell... I don't know if there is another level of being after this one. All i really know is that this is the only one I truely knows exists and therefore, I need to do the best I can with the Time i'm given.
    Any more questions of me?
    seems like once again so many words are to discredit me or disclaim what I have said
    almost your whole post ... :?

is this your nature :? seems like an incredible waste of time to be repeating yourself too
    and very negative,

also you are very wrong ....

I never once said my beliefs are for anyone else, not for you or anyone
    I know God is all I said. I am not alone many know God.

It has been you asking to understand and thinking somehow I could do that,
    give you God, give you proof. Ridiculous.

I never offered God to you, never claimed I could show someone God

But this is a repeat and I think it should be I banging my head on a wall :lol:

You posted very little of your search or beliefs ... but I did get from your search
    God is a him to you
    that you believe in the religions of the world although you said I reek of reigion :?
    That will always confuse me ... seems like a rude contradiction

and that you try to make the best of your life.

Also you believe kind and caring is all you need to be
    and God will find you

If you believe kind and caring is all you need to be
    you are not living this example here

I would think you would leave me alone after I asked to be
    and stop making derogatory remarks like
    I am from Mars... etc. I could go back and collect a bunch more
    but people have seen your words as I have ... heard your tone, felt your vibe

You are not showing kind and caring or is this just to those you believe deserve it?

I believe unconditional love
    is the highest plane and where God is and what God gives to us.

I would say your love seems conditional to those who share your opinions.

I try to respect and love those with different opinions, I may not understand them but believe
    others have the right to have them

Like me knowing God I have that right...
    you don't have to believe nor understand, never asked you to but you should not disclaim nor discredit me

you should follow your own words and be kind and caring...
    right this your belief?

As we have said to each their own and be kind and respectful.

I have asked for no more questions so hopefully we can leave this be
    I have spoke with cate as she thought I was ignoring

I have stated my opinion and would hope in my absence
    I would not be talked about well unless it is kind and caring
    and if it can't be probably ignoring is the way to go. :D
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I guess... purpose. Almost like there has to be something greater than working a 9 to 5 in a cubicle for 30 years.
    And from the posts I've read from you... you sound like a kind and descent person. To me, that's all that matters. Religion does not have to be the road we take... definately the road not taken for me. The road of life is what I'm talking about. Believing in or not believing in God doesn't really matter... it is how you treat others. The thing I call 'God' is nothing like the man-like characiture in the Bible. He/she/It may just be something as simple as pure energy or complete knowledge of everything. I guess i'm hoping there is something greater to reveal to me... but, i'm not banking on it.
    As for aging. Yup, i'm piling on the years. but, not afraid of death. I see death as the portal we all must pass... like it or not, we don't get a choice on this one. But, at least I know i will get one absolutely truthful answer... is there another level on the other side of death... or is there only a void. only on that side of death, will we know for sure.
    Til then... yeah... live and be happy. I'm looking forward to th Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day this weekend. I hope it doesn't rain.... but, I am looking forawrd to doing what I can... while i can... to make someone else's live a little better.

oh i am kind and decent.. awesome and modest too. but get on my wrong side and ill tear your head off. im a complex creature. ;):lol:

anyhoo...

there IS more to life than 9to5 for 30 years in a cubicle.. and that is up to you. its your life.. thats what the journey is about. youve allowed society to make that decision for you.. you need to take back your life and fuck 'em. stop doing it their way.

that energy you speak of is us. thats where it all begins.. and ends for that matter. that is my mindset.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Hypothetical situation: If you were involved in some tragic accident and were near death but survived, and you felt that you "met" God at that moment, would you then be happy? It sounds like this is what you're looking for: that moment you get to "know" God, or something.

Because I think you should stop trying so hard and just enjoy how good you have it before anything really bad happens.
    I'm going to say... I don't know.
    I guess it all depends on how I accept or reject this experience. I mean, 'near death' and 'dead death' are two hugely different things. Once you pass into the realm of the dead... you ain't coming back. The whole near death experience might just be all of those religious images of angels and Jesus and God that have been written to memory and fire off as the brain short circuits... or, it might be the real deal. How would I know what was real... and what was imagined?
    Again, I'm not trying so hard where it rules my life. But, in looking, I find beauty is the oddest places. For example, i was at the beach this weekend and looked at the way the sand was blown over the small dunes near the bike path... the way the dirt had been eroded by wind and water and the way it looked like a tiny scale model of the Grand Canyon as you fly over it going to PJ20. The whispy little grass, battered about by the wind... it was life... clinging on to almost nothing... yet, found a way to live.
    That's one step of the journey.
    So, you see, it ain't so bad.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    seems like once again so many words are to discredit me or disclaim what I have said almost your whole post ... :evil: is this your nature :ugeek: seems like an incredible waste of time to be repeating yourself too and very negative, also you are very wrong ....I never once said my beliefs are for anyone else, not for you or anyone I know God is all I said. I am not alone many know God. It has been you asking to understand :P and thinking somehow I could do that, give you God, give you proof. Ridiculous. I never offered God to you, never claimed I could show someone God But this is a repeat and I think it should be I banging my head on a wall :clap: You posted very little of your search or beliefs ... but I did get from your search God is a him to you that you believe in the religions of the world although you said I reek of reigion :arrow: That will always confuse me ... seems like a rude contradiction and that you try to make the best of your life. Also you believe kind and caring is all you need to be and God will find you If you believe kind and caring is all you need to be you are not living this example here I would think you would leave me alone after I asked to be and stop making derogatory :wave: remarks like I am from Mars :idea: ... etc. I could go back and collect a bunch :thumbup: more but people have seen your words as I have ... heard your tone, felt your vibe You are not showing kind and caring or is this just to those you believe deserve it? I believe unconditional love is the highest plane and where God is and what God gives to us. I would say your love seems conditional to those who share your opinions. I try to respect and love those with different opinions, I may not understand them but believe others have the right to have them Like me knowing God I have that right... you don't have to believe nor understand, never asked you to but you should not disclaim nor discredit me you should follow your own words and be kind and caring...
    right this your belief? As we have said to each their own and be kind and respectful. I have asked for no more questions so hopefully we can leave this be I have spoke with cate as she thought I was ignoring
    I have stated my opinion and would hope in my absence I would not be talked about well unless it is kind and caring and if it can't be probably ignoring is the way to go. :shh:
    I'm sorry you had to put so much effort into that post... it must have been very hard for you.
    But, in a nutshell, this is it:
    "I try to respect and love those with different opinions, I may not understand them but believe others have the right to have them Like me knowing God I have that right... you don't have to believe nor understand."
    Bingo! I don't believe you. Sorry, but that is the truth. If you respect and love different opinions... then you respect and love my opinion of not believing you. I am not denying you of the right to say you know God... no one can deny you of that. The simple truth is... I don't believe you.
    Why can't you be happy for me?
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm sorry you had to put so much effort into that post... it must have been very hard for you.
    But, in a nutshell, this is it:
    "I try to respect and love those with different opinions, I may not understand them but believe others have the right to have them Like me knowing God I have that right... you don't have to believe nor understand."
    Bingo! I don't believe you. Sorry, but that is the truth. If you respect and love different opinions... then you respect and love my opinion of not believing you. I am not denying you of the right to say you know God... no one can deny you of that. The simple truth is... I don't believe you.
    Why can't you be happy for me?
    Why would you think I am not happy for you? :? Do you think I have an opinion about you?
    That is strange. Oh maybe cause you have one of me.

You have been unkind in your words, tone,
    and vibes this then because you do not believe me?

Wow that seems odd to me. You should have just said 25 pages ago you didn't believe me
    instead of all the questions... still confusing this is

I know God and you don't believe me... who would have thunk it

so I guess that can be put to rest
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Do you think I have an opinion about you?
    That is strange.

check the last post you made about him. it's rife with opinion about his character.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,999
    I dont mean to rude, I really dont. I do want to know the name of this cult though. Where its based, etc.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Why would you think I am not happy for you? :? Do you think I have an opinion about you?
    You have been unkind in your words, tone, and vibes this then because you do not believe me?
    Wow that seems odd to me. You should have just said 25 pages ago you didn't believe me instead of all the questions... still confusing this is I know God and you don't believe me... who would have thunk it
    Okay... again with playing the Victim Card. We get it... Cosmo is being mean, again.
    I have no opinion of you, simply because I have no idea who you are. I don't know you, therefore, I have no opinion of you.
    I have an opinion of your doctrine of God... the one that states that you know God... I'm glad you believe that and it makes you happy... but, I know you don't know God... now, happy trails to you. I'm sorry, but I have to be blunt with you... to which you've apparently mistaken my candidness as unkind... and can somehow decipher tones and vibes across airwaves and wires... but, still, you are so far off target.
    I said I didn't believe you from the beginning and have stated it all along the way. I do believe that you believe you know God. But, as far as actually knowing God... nope. Sorry.
    If you want... I can lie to you and tell you that I know you know God.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    What about
    If you know god exists
    Give solid evidence of his being. Not a fairy tale but real evidence
    otherwise its a crock of shit and should be banned
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    sorry but im really over god right now
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    What about
    If you know god exists

its called faith and therefore requires no evidence.. solid, real or otherwise. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    if it affects in any way others who do not share said beleif and faith
    shouldnt proof be offered ???
    personel faith isnt a bad thing its when they gang up on the rest of society that the problems begin
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    personel faith isnt a bad thing its when they gang up on the rest of society that the problems begin

Just like unions.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    What about
    If you know god exists

its called faith and therefore requires no evidence.. solid, real or otherwise. ;)

I have faith in you!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    What about
    If you know god exists

I have faith in you!

and thats as it should be. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    You have been unkind in your words, tone, and vibes this then because you do not believe me?
    Wow that seems odd to me. You should have just said 25 pages ago you didn't believe me instead of all the questions... still confusing this is I know God and you don't believe me... who would have thunk it
    Okay... again with playing the Victim Card. We get it... Cosmo is being mean, again.
    I have no opinion of you, simply because I have no idea who you are. I don't know you, therefore, I have no opinion of you.
    I have an opinion of your doctrine of God... the one that states that you know God... I'm glad you believe that and it makes you happy... but, I know you don't know God... now, happy trails to you. I'm sorry, but I have to be blunt with you... to which you've apparently mistaken my candidness as unkind... and can somehow decipher tones and vibes across airwaves and wires... but, still, you are so far off target.
    I said I didn't believe you from the beginning and have stated it all along the way. I do believe that you believe you know God. But, as far as actually knowing God... nope. Sorry.
    If you want... I can lie to you and tell you that I know you know God.
    AGAIN....
    I have not asked this of you or anyone else ...
    to believe me....
    just stated facts about myself

It is you who have asked to be shown repeatedly and the answer
    the same from me...
    Personal experience is how one finds God ... makes sense

Perhaps abusive and unkind attention comes from nonbelievers feeling threatened.

Otherwise one would think they would ignore me with my life experiences
    that have brought me to know God. It would not matter so much.

Again abusers always blame others... classic.
    In this case they say unkind words in a derogatory way...
    then say that a person should not be hurt by them.

How bout you live by your words, your belief and try to be kind?
    Seems like a good solution a win win.
    God finds you and others are not a victim to your words.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pandora wrote:
    .....nonbelievers feeling threatened.

By what?
  • Options
    I see many more atheists ganging up than believers here in our lovely PJ community.

Wonder why?

Why so threatened ... why not just let everyone have their own thing
    Live and let live.

If I say I know God ... my convictions speak.... I know God.

If someone says there is no God, as they often do ....
    let them speak.

Let people have what they have and respect that and each other.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Without the ability to further explain how one "knows God", I am just going to assume anyone who says they know God, mean they know God akin to how I know Pearl Jam...Meaning they have discovered them and they are familiar with their practices. Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt and Jeff don't know me, but we have a relationship where we both depend on each other. I depend on their music as my religion, and they depend on their fans.

Again, I think maybe we are all confusing the term "know". There are many ways this can be taken.

I also know Jimmy Buffet. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    This thread should be re-titled "Why do we need to "not believe" in God?"
  • Options
    Without the ability to further explain how one "knows God", I am just going to assume anyone who says they know God, mean they know God akin to how I know Pearl Jam...Meaning they have discovered them and they are familiar with their practices. Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt and Jeff don't know me, but we have a relationship where we both depend on each other. I depend on their music as my religion, and they depend on their fans.

Again, I think maybe we are all confusing the term "know". There are many ways this can be taken.

I say I know God ... my convictions speak.... I know God.

How someone processes that is up to them.

As many here say there is No God let them speak ... others will process it the
    way they choose.

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    pandora wrote:

way they choose.

I completely respect your beliefs Pandora. But if you are going to engage in a conversation of this type and leave out many reasons behind your proclamations, it will just have to be vague to the rest of us. It does make it hard to process.

ANd like Cosmo said, there are many, many questions that seem unanswerable...same questions that I have had all my life for priests, parents, friends, believers and non-believers. I've never heard a definitive response to why God picks and choses who he/she/it will "let in".

I'm sorry, but I cannot believe anyone "knows God"..these are MY beliefs, and should be respected just as well.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pandora wrote:

Why be so obtuse about it? A game to see how people react/process what is said?

I know Neil Young - shall I leave it up to everyone to 'guess' how, what the relationship is, etc. just to get reactions? I can clarify my statement if people wish to know - I won't play coy.

A lot of people here have clarified their position/their statements - whether theist, agnostic, on a path or atheists. What is so different about clarifying the term 'know' so we can all try to understand each other?
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

way they choose.

I completely respect your beliefs Pandora. But if you are going to engage in a conversation of this type and leave out many reasons behind your proclamations, it will just have to be vague to the rest of us. It does make it hard to process.

ANd like Cosmo said, there are many, many questions that seem unanswerable...same questions that I have had all my life for priests, parents, friends, believers and non-believers. I've never heard a definitive response to why God picks and choses who he/she/it will "let in".

I'm sorry, but I cannot believe anyone "knows God"..these are MY beliefs, and should be respected just as well.

again

you can process what I say the way you choose Jonny.
    I never asked anyone to believe what I know to be.
    If someone does not agree that should be the end of story.

It is your belief as other atheists that no one can know God
    others say they do know God.... pretty much a
    agree to disagree subject

• Options
    pandora wrote:
    AGAIN.... I have not asked this of you or anyone else ...to believe me....just stated facts about myselfIt is you who have asked to be shown repeatedly and the answer the same from me... Personal experience is how one finds God ... makes sensePerhaps abusive and unkind attention comes from nonbelievers feeling threatened.
    Otherwise one would think they would ignore me with my life experiences that have brought me to know God. It would not matter so much.
    Again abusers always blame others... classic. In this case they say unkind words in a derogatory way... then say that a person should not be hurt by them.
    Seems like a good solution a win win. God finds you and others are not a victim to your words.
    Once again... I NEVER said anything about your asking me to believe you. I just don't happen to believe that you know God. That is it. It does NOT mean i hate you... it does not mean I am trying to shake you of your belief... it does not mean I don't believe in God... it simply means I do not believe YOU.
    And what is this 'abuser' bullshit? I'm saying, 'YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM HERE... SO QUIT PRETENDING YOU ARE'. I am not abusing you... I am not being unkind to you... I am simply saying, I don't believe you. If you take my disbelief in you as unkind, I'm sorry... but that is on you, not me.
    The simple reality is... I don't believe you. why can't you just accept that?
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Which is the foundation on which I operate. I have no problem with faith. I have no problem with Pandora's faith... just as I don't have problems with Christian's faith in Christianity, Muslim's faith in Islam, Jews faith in Judaism and Atheist's faith in nothingness. It does not mean i believe if Pandora's religion or Christianity or Islam or Judaism or Atheism... but, I accept everyone's decision to choose the faith that is best for them.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    AGAIN.... I have not asked this of you or anyone else ...to believe me....just stated facts about myselfIt is you who have asked to be shown repeatedly and the answer the same from me... Personal experience is how one finds God ... makes sensePerhaps abusive and unkind attention comes from nonbelievers feeling threatened.
    Otherwise one would think they would ignore me with my life experiences that have brought me to know God. It would not matter so much.
    Again abusers always blame others... classic. In this case they say unkind words in a derogatory way... then say that a person should not be hurt by them.
    Seems like a good solution a win win. God finds you and others are not a victim to your words.
    Once again... I NEVER said anything about your asking me to believe you. I just don't happen to believe that you know God. That is it. It does NOT mean i hate you... it does not mean I am trying to shake you of your belief... it does not mean I don't believe in God... it simply means I do not believe YOU.
    And what is this 'abuser' bullshit? I'm saying, 'YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM HERE... SO QUIT PRETENDING YOU ARE'. I am not abusing you... I am not being unkind to you... I am simply saying, I don't believe you. If you take my disbelief in you as unkind, I'm sorry... but that is on you, not me.
    The simple reality is... I don't believe you. why can't you just accept that?
    I accept that fine Cosmo just wondered why you kept this going so long if it was so simple...
    I have asked this of you before

one would think it should be a matter of

It is your belief/ opinion, as other atheists, that no one can know God
    others do know God.... pretty much a
    agree to disagree subject

this should be helpful in the future ... one would think :?
This discussion has been closed.