Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    so congrads to the hawks.....enjoy it. you never know how long it will be until the next.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    So the Stanley Cup was at a bar right by my place last night. The only problem is that I found this out this morning. Fuck. :fp:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    as bad as the back street boys pic was....

this one is just that good

http://instagram.com/p/bEoYnSuTCy/#

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    From a B's fan - congrats - took me a few days to recover - I always seem to dislike a team after playing them from Vancouver in 2011 to sulking Crosby this year - but after the series all I did was respect Blackhawks even more for how they play and handle themselves and now this:

http://www.boston.com/news/source/2013/ ... age_g.html

All class.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    From a B's fan - congrats - took me a few days to recover - I always seem to dislike a team after playing them from Vancouver in 2011 to sulking Crosby this year - but after the series all I did was respect Blackhawks even more for how they play and handle themselves and now this:

All class.

very nice gesture, and I'm sure appreciated by the Bruins and their fans.
  • Options

All class.

Pretty cool. Hawks are a classy organization. Things have really changed with Rocky Wirtz in charge. They used to be one of the worst in sports and now they are one of the best.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,850
    Nice Parade.
    Those fucking trolleys-buses are moving 50mph. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

All class.

It's a nice gesture but they're sticking to Boston a little bit. There there, it'll be okay 2ND PLACE! :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,031
    Blackhawks_Parade.jpg

Heard about 2 million people there?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Really classy to run that full page add in the Boston Newspaper.

Total class.

:thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Bolland out (oh well)
    Bickell for 4 more years (well done Blackhawks!!!)
  • Options
    Emery is gone. Signing with the Flyers. No surprise there after how well he played this year. He was 17-1...not bad for a backup.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Emery is gone. Signing with the Flyers. No surprise there after how well he played this year. He was 17-1...not bad for a backup.
    Yeah, he had a great season. A little too good...which is why he's no longer a Hawk.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    #1 Hardcore Blackhawks fan???? I say yes.

:P

BOxq97KCIAI2Diw1-250x333.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    #1 Hardcore Blackhawks fan???? I say yes.

:P

BOxq97KCIAI2Diw1-250x333.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Saw that earlier. :fp:
  • Options
    I snapped a couple pics at the Sox game.

Haven't got as close as Biebs (yet) :D

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii634/tsmith2n/cup_zpsb0c3f038.jpg
    Hey, hey. My, my. Rock and roll can never die.

"Why go home? I am home! And I gotta tell you, it feels FUCKIN GREAT to be here. You may experience this yourself but, if you were born in Chicago, you're always from Chicago. And even if you don't live in Chicago, Chicago will always live in you."-Ed
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

All class.

Pretty cool. Hawks are a classy organization. Things have really changed with Rocky Wirtz in charge. They used to be one of the worst in sports and now they are one of the best.

In Rocky we trust, indeed! Thank goodness for that man righting all the wrongs of his father. And to the Bruins fan, we couldn't have played a more deserving team! And the B's fans are a really fun group of people to watch a game with. I could live with a Hawks/Bruins final every year.
  • Options
    The banner gets raised tonight! Can't believe hockey season is back already...
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The banner gets raised tonight! Can't believe hockey season is back already...

time flies in the offseason when you win cups. happy hockey day!
  • Options
    Nice start last night. PK can use some work, but nice to start the season with a win. Usually the team raising the banner gets their ass kicked no matter what sport it is.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Nice start last night. PK can use some work, but nice to start the season with a win. Usually the team raising the banner gets their ass kicked no matter what sport it is.

i remember the bulls beating the heat by 40+ in 06 and last year, the hawks destroyed the champ kings in game 1 of the year
  • Options
    Man, Khabibulin looks awful out there. I know he's only the backup, but he has to be better than that. Nice to see the offense come alive the past couple nights...
  • Options
    Went to the game last night.
    Funny, as we are walking through the stadium, I turn to the right, and there is my sister and brother-in-law. Two people I had not seen in 3 months. :lol::lol:

Game was great.
    I still say hockey is the most fun, of the pro sports, to see live.
  • Options
    Funny, as we are walking through the stadium, I turn to the right, and there is my sister and brother-in-law. Two people I had not seen in 3 months. :lol::lol:

Game was great.

I completely agree. Best sport to see live. Even if you don't have great seats and you're sitting up high, you can see plays develop.
  • Options

Game was great.

I completely agree. Best sport to see live. Even if you don't have great seats and you're sitting up high, you can see plays develop.
    We were 2nd row in the 300's.
    Actually those were kick ass seats.
  • Options
    Welcome back Versteeg! Didn't see that move coming at all but I like it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Welcome back Versteeg! Didn't see that move coming at all but I like it.
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    Well, at least we have 1 winning team in Chicago. The amount of talent on this team is ridiculous. Hawks are must-watch TV.
  • Options
    Well, at least we have 1 winning team in Chicago. The amount of talent on this team is ridiculous. Hawks are must-watch TV.
    Sharpe is having on hell of a year.
  • Options
    Sharpe is having on hell of a year.

Yeah, Sharp has been great this year. He has been on fire the past couple weeks. Won't be surprised if he gets a spot on Team Canada for Sochi.