Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    8-) It would be really cool to see this come back!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    8-) It would be really cool to see this come back!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    dirtybob wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    For what it's worth, when the reissue happens, it won't be re-encoded, or anything like that. :nono:

skanji32 wrote:

It's not on CC anymore...it's on 10c. Out of the hands of CC. Not sure what the hang up is with 10c, but it's 100% on 10c to move on this.

You keep making these cryptic comments as though you have definite, concrete evidence from some secret source. If you know something, then just say what you know and how so all the people waiting here will have some solid info. Stop being so coy. Do you just enjoy the attention or something? You're not Jason Bourne here.

:roll:
    db

Yes I do have a source (who has requested to be anonymous) and am telling you all I know...not being coy at all. Not sure why 10c is holding this up. That part I have no idea. I don't have any other information other than what I have said:
    - re-release in some form is coming
    - everyone wants to be respectful of LE buyers
    - nothing will be added (ie. PJ20 concert)
    - ball is in 10c court and has been for several months
    - this will get done at some point
    - I am NOT holding onto to any additional information.

Don't like what I am saying? Ignore my posts...easy. I may not be Jason Bourne, but you sure are doing a great Inspector Gadget impression! :geek:

I can understand people being bitter. I'm one of them. I've been on this post since day one. I've contacted several people that I feel are in the know. I've shared info here with everyone as soon as I find out info.

A wise man once said, "My issue is with the attitudes of many of the posters, turning on other members."

Be frustrated. I get it. Be frustrated at me? Wrong target. :nono:
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    dirtybobdirtybob Posts: 42
    skanji32 wrote:

Yes I do have a source (who has requested to be anonymous) and am telling you all I know...not being coy at all. Not sure why 10c is holding this up. That part I have no idea. I don't have any other information other than what I have said:

This was all I was asking for. Be forthcoming and lay your cards out, instead of dropping breadcrumbs and coy hints. It only frustrates people trying to get solid info, as evidenced by the last person who asked you to simply say what you knew when you were playing coy again a few pages back.

I can tell by the way you wag your finger at me that you like to feel a little superior though, so I guess it's a trait you come by honestly... :D

Thanks for finally coming clean.
    db
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    skanji32 wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    For what it's worth, when the reissue happens, it won't be re-encoded, or anything like that. :nono:

skanji32 wrote:

It's not on CC anymore...it's on 10c. Out of the hands of CC. Not sure what the hang up is with 10c, but it's 100% on 10c to move on this.

You keep making these cryptic comments as though you have definite, concrete evidence from some secret source. If you know something, then just say what you know and how so all the people waiting here will have some solid info. Stop being so coy. Do you just enjoy the attention or something? You're not Jason Bourne here.

:roll:
    db

Don't like what I am saying? Ignore my posts...easy. I may not be Jason Bourne, but you sure are doing a great Inspector Gadget impression! :geek:

I can understand people being bitter. I'm one of them. I've been on this post since day one. I've contacted several people that I feel are in the know. I've shared info here with everyone as soon as I find out info.

A wise man once said, "My issue is with the attitudes of many of the posters, turning on other members."

Thanks, skanji! No re-encode though? :(
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    dirtybob wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

This was all I was asking for. Be forthcoming and lay your cards out, instead of dropping breadcrumbs and coy hints. It only frustrates people trying to get solid info, as evidenced by the last person who asked you to simply say what you knew when you were playing coy again a few pages back.

I can tell by the way you wag your finger at me that you like to feel a little superior though, so I guess it's a trait you come by honestly... :D

db
    :nono:
    I guess I like to feel superior too! :nono:

(Thanks Skanji)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :nono:
    I guess I like to feel superior too! :nono:

(Thanks Skanji)

It's a common affliction, don't worry about it! ;)

db
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    benjs wrote:
    nope, not that I am aware of.
    dirtybob wrote:

db

Not sure how this got ugly, but....There isn't one piece of information that I summarized above that is new information. It's all in this post either from me or others.

"My issue is with the attitudes of many of the posters, turning on other members." - Dirty Bob

"If you hate something, don't ya do it to..." - PJ
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

Not sure how this got ugly, but....There isn't one piece of information that I summarized above that is new information. It's all in this post either from me or others.

"My issue is with the attitudes of many of the posters, turning on other members." - Dirty Bob

I didn't see it as getting ugly, other than you feeling the need to try and throw my words back in my face... Twice. And waggle your finger at me. Twice. And try to use a PJ quote to attempt to shame me. I guess yes, that could be considered ugly.

As I explained, it struck me that you were dropping small tidbits of partial information that seemed to do more for making you appear as though you were in the know and less to give useful information to people who are obviously desperately looking for it. Saying "it's out of CC's hands now, it's all on 10c" doesn't do anything other than make people wonder what that means, and how you know this, and how reliable the info is, etc etc. you could have given more info to clarify, rather than appear mysterious and cryptic. That is my opinion, that was my feeling on it, and I felt it was unjust and slightly inconsiderate, and a bit peacock-y, and so I spoke up.

I understand if that bothered you enough to try to shame me, but I stand by my impression and by my posts. It may not have been your intention, but the effect was there nonetheless. Maybe others know you better to the extent that they knew you weren't showboating; that's not how it appeared to me.

If that's not who you are and was in no way what was behind your posts, then we can chalk it up to miscommunication and say we could have both been a little more diplomatic.

db
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

I didn't see it as getting ugly, other than you feeling the need to try and throw my words back in my face... Twice. And waggle your finger at me. Twice. And try to use a PJ quote to attempt to shame me. I guess yes, that could be considered ugly.

As I explained, it struck me that you were dropping small tidbits of partial information that seemed to do more for making you appear as though you were in the know and less to give useful information to people who are obviously desperately looking for it. Saying "it's out of CC's hands now, it's all on 10c" doesn't do anything other than make people wonder what that means, and how you know this, and how reliable the info is, etc etc. you could have given more info to clarify, rather than appear mysterious and cryptic. That is my opinion, that was my feeling on it, and I felt it was unjust and slightly inconsiderate, and a bit peacock-y, and so I spoke up.

I understand if that bothered you enough to try to shame me, but I stand by my impression and by my posts. It may not have been your intention, but the effect was there nonetheless. Maybe others know you better to the extent that they knew you weren't showboating; that's not how it appeared to me.

If that's not who you are and was in no way what was behind your posts, then we can chalk it up to miscommunication and say we could have both been a little more diplomatic.

db

I also personally think you are a bit out of line with your approach to her and the info she's posting dirtybob. Fairly accusatory.... just sayin', in case you're seeking clarification on how the conversation has gone down, for future reference. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thanks, but I wasn't actually looking for any clarification. I stand by my last post and I think it explains my stance pretty thoroughly. I don't like coy or superior airs or finger wagging, and I respond accordingly. Like I said, both parties could have been more diplomatic.

We can leave it there and move on, or we can keep picking at scabs and see what comes up.

db
  • Options
    fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    dirtybob wrote:
    Thanks, but I wasn't actually looking for any clarification. I stand by my last post and I think it explains my stance pretty thoroughly. I don't like coy or superior airs or finger wagging, and I respond accordingly. Like I said, both parties could have been more diplomatic.

We can leave it there and move on, or we can keep picking at scabs and see what comes up.

db

I am with you Dirtybob... I don't like the "in the know" thing. It's childish. Sounds like : "I know and you don't... so please give me attention and I might tell you something that nobody else knows"

I have been an internet forum member (not only PJ) for over 17 years. GENERALLY... Secret Source means No Source Whatsoever. She knows someone "in the know" it can be a Monkeywrench door man that overheard something over coffee and she know him because he is the brother of friend who is the uncle of the guy that works in with a guy that I know" or she can be Mike McCready's next door neighbor.

I just wanted to show my support to your statement. I gave up on playing these foolish games on elementary school. Leave she to her big secret.

While I am here. BUMP.
    In love with music
  • Options
    fcbittenca wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

I am with you Dirtybob... I don't like the "in the know" thing. It's childish. Sounds like : "I know and you don't... so please give me attention and I might tell you something that nobody else knows"

I have been an internet forum member (not only PJ) for over 17 years. GENERALLY... Secret Source means No Source Whatsoever. She knows someone "in the know" it can be a Monkeywrench door man that overheard something over coffee and she know him because he is the brother of friend who is the uncle of the guy that works in with a guy that I know" or she can be Mike McCready's next door neighbor.

I just wanted to show my support to your statement. I gave up on playing these foolish games on elementary school. Leave she to her big secret.

While I am here. BUMP.
    Wow, I don't think it sounds like that at all - don't know what's making you folks so defensive. I think he/she is simply trying to convey info that he/she has so that we also have the info. The only info she seems to leaving out is who told her about it, which is completely fair if that person asked her not to say (obviously someone from 10C or someone who is close to someone from 10C). Good intentions as far as I can tell. This idea that he/she has some kind of ego issue about it seems really weird to me. I don't understand what got your backs up. Sure it might not be reliable info, or maybe it is.... whatever. But this ego thing is what's striking me as odd.
  • Options
    fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    fcbittenca wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

While I am here. BUMP.
    Wow, I don't think it sounds like that at all - don't know what's making you folks so defensive. I think he/she is simply trying to convey info that he/she has so that we also have the info. The only info she seems to leaving out is who told her about it, which is completely fair if that person asked her not to say (obviously someone from 10C or someone who is close to someone from 10C). Good intentions as far as I can tell. This idea that he/she has some kind of ego issue about it seems really weird to me. I don't understand what got your backs up. Sure it might not be reliable info, or maybe it is.... whatever. But this ego thing is what's striking me as odd.

My bad I promised myself not to talk about this again. I broke that promise.
    Really sorry on the misunderstanding. Apologizes to all on my bad behavior. (No sarcasm here) :(

Back with our regular programming.
    In love with music
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    fcbittenca wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

While I am here. BUMP.

Yes it's completely mystifying to think that anyone might perceive things differently than you. Therefore we must be wrong and you should perseverate on that until we stop voicing our opinions.

Or maybe we can try once again to agree to disagree and let this drop? Seriously. Can we do that?

db
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    fcbittenca wrote:

While I am here. BUMP.

Yes it's completely mystifying to think that anyone might perceive things differently than you. Therefore we must be wrong and you should perseverate on that until we stop voicing our opinions.

Or maybe we can try once again to agree to disagree and let this drop? Seriously. Can we do that?

db
    :? ... Irony.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

db

So that's a "No" on the letting it go then? That's not satisfying enough for you?

db
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

So that's a "No" on the letting it go then? That's not satisfying enough for you?

db
    :lol: Just seeing how long you need to get the last word in for. And the irony continues. :lol:
    Edit: now I feel kind of bad for poking at you. Sorry man. :)
  • Options
    8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db
    :lol: Just seeing how long you need to get the last word in for. And the irony continues. :lol:

Obviously you're not sorry or you would have edited out the baiting. If your particular brand of chivalry doesn't require an audience, why don't we continue this in PM where we can clear up your misunderstanding of the term "irony" and not subject the rest of the people following this thread to further one-upmanship. I'll understand if you lack the fiber to do so, but I've said my part and stand by all of it, and I'll be leaving it at that.

I apologize to the people following this thread that through my desire to be understood I allowed myself to be baited into an unrelated bout of dick measury and by doing so selfishly and inadvertently risked closure of the thread. I do not retract any of my statements, but out of respect for you I shall take my leave of this now and renew my wishes that the thread bears the fruit you are hoping for.

PJ Soul, I anxiously await a further reveal of your character.

;)
    db
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    I've been around forums for a long time and lemme tell you, I am never surprised at how differently people interpret things posted. In my opinion, people in here see bob's posts so differently because of the tone they are adding themselves, as we all know the written text is devoid of the non-verbal cues we get in real life. Without those cues, all we can do is assume and sometimes that leads to miscommunication and arguing like this.

That said, the Ten Club needs to hurry the fuck up and release this.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

Obviously you're not sorry or you would have edited out the baiting. If your particular brand of chivalry doesn't require an audience, why don't we continue this in PM where we can clear up your misunderstanding of the term "irony" and not subject the rest of the people following this thread to further one-upmanship. I'll understand if you lack the fiber to do so, but I've said my part and stand by all of it, and I'll be leaving it at that.

I apologize to the people following this thread that through my desire to be understood I allowed myself to be baited into an unrelated bout of dick measury and by doing so selfishly and inadvertently risked closure of the thread. I do not retract any of my statements, but out of respect for you I shall take my leave of this now and renew my wishes that the thread bears the fruit you are hoping for.

PJ Soul, I anxiously await a further reveal of your character.

;)
    db
    Actually I really did mean it. I didn't edit the original comment be cause there was time between and I figured you may have read it already.
    But now I take it back, after that post!! That is quite a response to what was a sincere apology!
    Dude, I'm not taking it to take it to PM. I have nothing to defend or argue in private. I have no idea what it is you're trying to debate here at all. There is no debate. I don't even know what we're talking about. I don't have a clue as to what your problem is, but for someone who keeps saying they want to stop the conversation, you sure do have a lot to say that will necessarily inspire a response, I.e. a challenge to my character. And then to publicly post that i have to pm you are else my character will suffer... why wouldn't you just pm me first if that's what you want to happen? The irony all comes fron the fact that you keep doing what you accuse me of doing, which is keeping this dumb conversation going (and ramping it up). I apologized, you cohld have said oh, okay, end of conversation, but instead you took ot to a whole new level by calling me a liar and challenging me to a private fight! And in the same breath talking about how this whole thing should be over. If that's not irony i don't know what is.

This is all pretty ridiculous. All I did was say I thought the other poster didn't have bad in tensions. How you have dragged my character into this and decided that sending me a personal challenge to debate you privately is beyond me. This may officially be the strangest conversation I've ever had on this forum. And my main feeling now is that since I don't even know what your point is anymore, I really don't care about this conversation. It's simply in my nature to respond to what is coming off as the online equivalent of asking me to take it outside. :lol: And no dick measuring going on here. I don't have one of those.

And in keeping with the topic if this forum, uh, yeah, reissue the damn thing. :lol:

Moderators, please don't lock the thread. This is a just a silly side-step. :D
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    I've been around forums for a long time and lemme tell you, I am never surprised at how differently people interpret things posted. In my opinion, people in here see bob's posts so differently because of the tone they are adding themselves, as we all know the written text is devoid of the non-verbal cues we get in real life. Without those cues, all we can do is assume and sometimes that leads to miscommunication and arguing like this.

Amen.
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    strilo wrote:

:lol::lol: :fp: :lol::lol:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :corn:
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Why the face palm?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    Why the face palm?

I assume you're referring to mine. I added that because to me it epitomized your line about how our words can lead to miscommunication and arguments like these. I found these last few pages to be silly in a frustrating way. Again, tough to read into things, eh?
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Maybe if there is enough interest they might order some more!

SIGNED!

+1 :D
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    :)