***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    skanji32 wrote:
    Please let me know how to get the PJ20 3 Bluray version via copy. Can't be done. The only solution is a re-release.

uhh get someone with a copy of the boxset and a bluray burner to burn you a 1:1 copy? way back before the internet and official pj boots, we used to all trade cd's and videotapes through the mail! :)
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    skanji32 wrote:
    Please let me know how to get the PJ20 3 Bluray version via copy. Can't be done. The only solution is a re-release.

Step 1: Contact someone who owns LTD edition
    Step 2: request they rip the bonus discs in 1:1 quality (this will take time!)
    Step 3: Send them the blu ray R/cash for a blu ray R and shipping to you
    Step 4:Wait patiently while your friend does you such an awesome favour. Listen to a boot you got through trade even though it used to be sold on the 10C store.
    Step 5: Watch blu rays, thank friend.
    strilo wrote:
    Yeah I should be more specific. I want the content on physical media in the exact resolution and quality. I don't want someone's mediocre quality rip of the 1080p content.

So... get someone to rip it properly?!

Option B is always to just admit being interested in more than the content, which doesn't bother me. I don't think you or anyone else here owning a copy tarnishes mine any. (Even if 10C reissues it with the fancy box which sticks out like a sore thumb among all other blu rays!) I just am calling bullshit on the white knight stance some people have here when it is fairly clear they are after more than they are suggesting.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    I think I posted this several times throughout the 180 pages of blah.....

IT WAS ON SALE FOR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    gibbits wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

Step 1: Contact someone who owns LTD edition
    Step 2: request they rip the bonus discs in 1:1 quality (this will take time!)
    Step 3: Send them the blu ray R/cash for a blu ray R and shipping to you
    Step 4:Wait patiently while your friend does you such an awesome favour. Listen to a boot you got through trade even though it used to be sold on the 10C store.
    Step 5: Watch blu rays, thank friend.
    strilo wrote:
    Yeah I should be more specific. I want the content on physical media in the exact resolution and quality. I don't want someone's mediocre quality rip of the 1080p content.

So... get someone to rip it properly?!

Option B is always to just admit being interested in more than the content, which doesn't bother me. I don't think you or anyone else here owning a copy tarnishes mine any. (Even if 10C reissues it with the fancy box which sticks out like a sore thumb among all other blu rays!) I just am calling bullshit on the white knight stance some people have here when it is fairly clear they are after more than they are suggesting.

I acutally don't care about anything but the content...so definitely not in that boat, and truthfully i think most of us aren't.

Since we aren't allowed to discuss burning blurays (which I won't), of someone would like to PM me offline to burn me copied blurays of pj20, i'd appreciate it. (Not as easy as you would think)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Hey you guys are making a huge assumption that the Ten Club's official stance on bootlegs (being tradable/downloadable after they are out of print) transfers over to the DVD/Blu Ray. They don't control that content, it's owned at least partly by the film studio(s) that put it out. Plus, the content on two of those discs IS still available for sale, so I cannot imagine they would be fine with people copying and distributing it.

I want the content, and I want it legally and in an official release of some kind. I am just saying I don't need the exact same packaging and set as the Ten Club limited edition thing.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

I think everyone knows that.
    I wasn't even a member then though, and didn't know about the sale at all. I still want the content. Others who didn't manage to buy it during those 3 weeks still want the content.

To all of you making suggestions about how to attain the content illegally... we all know the options. We want 10C to release it so we can buy. Simple.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966

I'm so glad we got this guy around...
    Yeah I mean I don't know about other people, but I still want Pearl Jam to get my money. I want to support them and buy their stuff. That's what I do for bands I really love. I don't want to pirate this for several reasons and supporting the band is one of them.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 238

Still, if I bought it, someone who currently has it wouldn't be happy. If there is still demand, which there is, then not enough were produced. I don't blame the band, but it's hard to blame people for not buying an item that was underproduced. Other limited edition items didn't sell out nearly as quickly, so it's understandable why some people thought they could wait. Did it even make it past the pre-sale stage?
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    It wasn't only on sale: it was a pre-order. A pre-order isn't supposed to end before the annouced date.
    Hub. wrote:
    It wasn't only on sale: it was a pre-order. A pre-order isn't supposed to end before the annouced date.

That's what I thought. I assume the band just misjudged the demand. I figured it wouldn't sell out before the actual release date, and I just happened to be very wrong.
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Sadly, the pre-order was unlimited (people could get as many copies as they wanted) and you didn't have to be a member to get them.

So, the club may have misjudged the demand, but they could have made adjustments while it wasn't too late. They did it once (I think it was for the White Backspacer, but I'm not sure). That's what we asked for, but they never reacted.
    Nope and the span of time that has gone by without any meaningful reaction is rather sad.
    Wow, nobody has posted in this thread in over four days. I might be crazy, but I still wouldn't rule out something happening, someday.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    OK... Vacation is over!!!! Sorry I was away for so long. I'M BACK.
    I will stay here at least the ONE YEAR Anniversary of this thread. HAHAHAHAHA

BUMP! Bump the BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!
    In love with music
    Approaching one year is really, really sad...
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    strilo wrote:
    Unfortunately, your wish will never be satisfied. Those responsible for the production of this Blu-Ray package have already done a superb job of producing a mediocre quality rip of 1080p content, a fact anyone who has seen the movie on Blu-Ray (which I have watched through numerous times) can attest to. You say you want the content on physical media in the exact resolution and quality - I'd suggest you ask for more.

With the amount of legitimate complaints regarding the video quality (and please don't bring up the fact that some of this was 'old footage' - I can tell the difference between a poor source and a poor transfer to Blu-Ray, and this is the latter), it would be a slap in the face for the Ten Club to look the other way and resume selling the product as-is. On the other hand, it would be a huge cost to re-do the discs with a proper transfer, and then they would have to deal with the cost of replacements for anyone who they sold the sub-par versions to.

Trust me when I say that the artifacting, pixelation, etc. on the Blu-Ray transfer makes the hi-def jump seem like not such a leap - and I've watched it through on a 1080p 125" screen on both Blu-Ray and DVD.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    Wouldn't the original actually be either film or 4k content? :P
  • PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    Are We Still Doing This? Remix Bump
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    benjs wrote:
    strilo wrote:
    Unfortunately, your wish will never be satisfied. Those responsible for the production of this Blu-Ray package have already done a superb job of producing a mediocre quality rip of 1080p content, a fact anyone who has seen the movie on Blu-Ray (which I have watched through numerous times) can attest to. You say you want the content on physical media in the exact resolution and quality - I'd suggest you ask for more.

With the amount of legitimate complaints regarding the video quality (and please don't bring up the fact that some of this was 'old footage' - I can tell the difference between a poor source and a poor transfer to Blu-Ray, and this is the latter), it would be a slap in the face for the Ten Club to look the other way and resume selling the product as-is. On the other hand, it would be a huge cost to re-do the discs with a proper transfer, and then they would have to deal with the cost of replacements for anyone who they sold the sub-par versions to.

Trust me when I say that the artifacting, pixelation, etc. on the Blu-Ray transfer makes the hi-def jump seem like not such a leap - and I've watched it through on a 1080p 125" screen on both Blu-Ray and DVD.

I am with you there. I got the single disc blu ray and the transfer really sucks. There are some moments on the interviews (new material) where it looks like you tube streaming.
    In love with music
    For what it's worth, when the reissue happens, it won't be re-encoded, or anything like that. :nono:
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    skanji32 wrote:
    For what it's worth, when the reissue happens, it won't be re-encoded, or anything like that. :nono:

Image if they delete/cut footage from the release? :shock:

If they do reissue hopefully it's new added material.
    Call it maybe V2 = The '00 - '10 year's?
  • I did this before, and I'll do again. Pick at Cameron Crowe on Twitter (@CameronCrowe) tell him it's been nearly a year and we want more information. He keeps saying that news is "coming." Remind him fans are being ripped off online and people are STEALING the movie online because of the band not giving a shit about the fans.

ETA:
    On 4/22 he said that word was coming "soon"
    https://twitter.com/CameronCrowe/status ... 9358188545

Three months isn't soon. Some people help me get on him about this! Be nice, but persistent!
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    i just wanna see the fans are alright....
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Bump...
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Make it happin' capin'!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • 3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    :fp:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
    I did this before, and I'll do again. Pick at Cameron Crowe on Twitter (@CameronCrowe) tell him it's been nearly a year and we want more information. He keeps saying that news is "coming." Remind him fans are being ripped off online and people are STEALING the movie online because of the band not giving a shit about the fans.

ETA:
    On 4/22 he said that word was coming "soon"
    https://twitter.com/CameronCrowe/status ... 9358188545

Three months isn't soon. Some people help me get on him about this! Be nice, but persistent!

It's not on CC anymore...it's on 10c. Out of the hands of CC. Not sure what the hang up is with 10c, but it's 100% on 10c to move on this.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • dirtybobdirtybob Posts: 42
    skanji32 wrote:

skanji32 wrote:

It's not on CC anymore...it's on 10c. Out of the hands of CC. Not sure what the hang up is with 10c, but it's 100% on 10c to move on this.

You keep making these cryptic comments as though you have definite, concrete evidence from some secret source. If you know something, then just say what you know and how so all the people waiting here will have some solid info. Stop being so coy. Do you just enjoy the attention or something? You're not Jason Bourne here.

:roll:
    db