Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    Still no word, but we’ve been fighting a good fight haven’t we?
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    I've been advised this afternoon that this is still very much happening, and "all good things come to those who wait." I've echoed my frustration on the lack of communication with the 10c and have been advised that the ball is firmly in PJs court and when they want to release it they will. Every indication is that there will be a re-release, just not sure when.

I am not being cryptic, just relaying exactly what i know.

***if the above offends you in any way, please read below****

bump.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dirtybobdirtybob Posts: 42
    skanji32 wrote:
    I've been advised this afternoon that this is still very much happening, and "all good things come to those who wait." I've echoed my frustration on the lack of communication with the 10c and have been advised that the ball is firmly in PJs court and when they want to release it they will. Every indication is that there will be a re-release, just not sure when.

bump.

I'm so hoping that when this is all done, PJ &/or 10C will finally explain why they maintained radio silence through all of this... It would be such a relief to hear that it had something to do with a contractual window and non-disclosure agreement or something. Given the one year timeline I guess that is possible - and possibly even probable - it's just that otherwise the goodwill they've exhausted here will go unrepaired. So many frayed nerves.

db
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Too true.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    bump
    lets do this
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    bump
  • Options
    one year anniversary coming of the release of pj20, release of pj20 to bluray, and release of the pj20 LE...

#Day(s)OfMassAction???
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    fcbittenca wrote:
    strilo wrote:
    I am glad you bought it and are happy. Me, I am continuing my boycott. If they never re-release the deluxe edition then they will never get my dollars.

I hear you brother... but I had them on sale in Brazil on store. (They are nowhere to be found now)
    Between the single disc and nothing... I decided on the single disc.

Two things I regret never buying on the PJ catalog.

1 - Merkin Ball
    2 - Benaroya on Vinyl

Benaroya I don't regret that much because they were REALLY limited (numbered); I was broke at the time, so bad luck on me. Nothing on 10C on this one. Merkin Ball was pure bad luck.

On this Deluxe Edition I already said this, but it can't be said enough... The limited 10C released was REALLY limited. It's different from a numbered item. Collector item... when you say. We have 1000 and that's it. If you miss it, you miss it. It was never said this by 10C... and this is why I support the re-print.

By the way... I will still buy it if they ever print this again.

If it was so limited why didn't they have purchase limits of one per customer or one per 10c member..
    Anyone that was online that saw the Blu ray sellout would've immediately purchased the DVD and possibly more than one... I can't see why they didnt do what they did with the white backspacer cancel multiple orders.. I dunno .. I just hope this makes its way back to the goods section this yr.. :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,167
    skanji32 wrote:

bump.

The fact that the ball is in PJ's court seems to me there is no indication of a re-release? If the band isn't on board yet, who can vouch for a re-release? I would say the biggest hurdle is the band itself.. lol. I still remain skeptical.
  • Options
    i dont understan why is this so difficult to happen
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947

thats what i'm thinking... they should take a preorder and just make as many as needed if they are concerned with sitting on stock like the Vs./Vitalogy Super deluxe box set
  • Options

I agree completely. I also don't see what's so difficult about communicating with the fan base to avoid bad appearances.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    so...day of mass action then on the forums and on twitter?? We all bump this thread on that day, and tweet with the same message...#PJ20LE...RELEASE!

Sept 12 - PJ20 Debuted in Toronto

Suggestions? Thoughts?
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    so...day of mass action then on the forums and on twitter?? We all bump this thread on that day, and tweet with the same message...#PJ20LE...RELEASE!

Suggestions? Thoughts?

What date?

bump
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

Suggestions? Thoughts?

What date?

bump

Sept 12? Open to other thoughts....
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    Indi4ence wrote:

thats what i'm thinking... they should take a preorder and just make as many as needed if they are concerned with sitting on stock like the Vs./Vitalogy Super deluxe box set

It's not a bad idea in theory. The tough part is the cost of creating the discs probably goes down as the size of the order goes up. IE if you don't know how many copies you are going to need, its going to be hard to price it out.

That being said the original set was pretty pricy.. I'd have to imagine if they made a bare bones version in a standard jewel case that they should be able to produce (even a limited amount) under the original 79.99 price?

Or maybe not. I'm not sure what a minimum run would be from a bluray factory. What if they only got 1000 preorders but the min. pressing was 5000 or 10000 copies from a bluray shop.

I think its a bit tougher then people think, but I think it should still be doable. I just don't know all the ins and outs of pressing blurays.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Indi4ence wrote:

It's not a bad idea in theory. The tough part is the cost of creating the discs probably goes down as the size of the order goes up. IE if you don't know how many copies you are going to need, its going to be hard to price it out.

That being said the original set was pretty pricy.. I'd have to imagine if they made a bare bones version in a standard jewel case that they should be able to produce (even a limited amount) under the original 79.99 price?

Or maybe not. I'm not sure what a minimum run would be from a bluray factory. What if they only got 1000 preorders but the min. pressing was 5000 or 10000 copies from a bluray shop.

I think its a bit tougher then people think, but I think it should still be doable. I just don't know all the ins and outs of pressing blurays.

The issue isn't how challenging it is to press a bluray...it's the fact that the original LE bluray and dvd's were labeled as "le" and they want to protect those who purchased it as "le"....

Completely backwards thinking, i know...especially given it is a bluray, and not something I consider "unique"...that's at the heart of the matter, IMO.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    The issue isn't how challenging it is to press a bluray...it's the fact that the original LE bluray and dvd's were labeled as "le" and they want to protect those who purchased it as "le"....

Completely backwards thinking, i know...especially given it is a bluray, and not something I consider "unique"...that's at the heart of the matter, IMO.

Interesting. I thought we were all guessing at the issue?

I own an original copy, but as I mentioned before, if they want to keep it LE, just put the new version in a standard jewel case.

My best guess would be that there is demand for the reissue, but the 10c/PJ camp isn't sure if the demand is enough to warrant a 2nd pressing. They've historically been all over the place when judging demand for their products. Sometimes underestimate and sometimes overestimating demand. IE not enough blurays but way to many vs/vitalogy boxsets.
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

And it takes a fucking year to figure all this out? Somehow I think not. The federal government makes decisions faster than this.
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    Been awhile since I checked in here but looks like same old. I'll be praying to the great magnet to swing our way. So, dear 10C, please Make This Happen
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    IE not enough blurays but way to many vs/vitalogy boxsets.

Im stoked they had too many copies and they are still available I finally was able to purchase this and it arrived
    last week. The shipping for international was cheaper than before which was a nice surprise and it came in super fast time too.. Just gotta find a minute to open it maybe tomorrow night. :)

Bump for the BR and DVD
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

Bump for the BR and DVD
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Zod wrote:
    My best guess would be that there is demand for the reissue, but the 10c/PJ camp isn't sure if the demand is enough to warrant a 2nd pressing. They've historically been all over the place when judging demand for their products. Sometimes underestimate and sometimes overestimating demand. IE not enough blurays but way to many vs/vitalogy boxsets.

If they do a 2nd pressing and thinking there won't be alot of demand for it, why not press to order? For one day only @ the 10club store all who want a copy purchase the pre order. The amount placed would be the amount of manufactured 2nd pressing of the units. Even if it takes a few months to complete production, it would make a lot of fans much happy. :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Zod wrote:

If they do a 2nd pressing and thinking there won't be alot of demand for it, why not press to order? For one day only @ the 10club store all who want a copy purchase the pre order. The amount placed would be the amount of manufactured 2nd pressing of the units. Even if it takes a few months to complete production, it would make a lot of fans much happy. :)

My best guess (as I mentioned above) is that the price per unit goes down with the quantity ordered. 10c (and most bands) don't have their own bluray pressing facilities. They'd have to contract it out. I'm guessing there's a minimum amount for an order? If the quanitity ends up being really small in a preorder, the price per unit could end up being really expensive. It's pretty hard to price something out like that because the cost isn't static.

edit: Albeit couldn't they just burn the discs instead of press them? I wonder if Kufala has that kind of ability? They've been doing it on the concert bootlegs for years.
  • Options
    fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    BUMP - Right now I am keeping my thoughts to myself.

I keep watching the single disc edition :corn: I am with benjs. The quality of the transfer is sad... being polite here.

Keep hoping they will release it. I have the DVD copy a friend made for me... but I hardly touch it. I saw it once. Just to satisfy my curiosity. I wish I had the real thing on Blu ray.
    In love with music
  • Options
    I received confirmation a while ago (that I shared here), that when the LE discs are re-released, they will not contain any extra info including extra footage, reincoded footage, etc. It will be the content on the original discs...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382