***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Well, Bazzer, have your limited edition. Where is the number printed on it? It's limited edition out of how many total? You don't know, so why the fuck does it matter? Honestly, I don't give a shit about the limited deluxe box set whatever it came with. I just want the Blu Ray content. To preserve the ridiculous limited nature of your precious set, I would be fine with a bare bones blu ray release that is the discs in a blu plastic clamshell box. I just want the content
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    strilo wrote:
    Well, Bazzer, have your limited edition. Where is the number printed on it? It's limited edition out of how many total? You don't know, so why the fuck does it matter? Honestly, I don't give a shit about the limited deluxe box set whatever it came with. I just want the Blu Ray content. To preserve the ridiculous limited nature of your precious set, I would be fine with a bare bones blu ray release that is the discs in a blu plastic clamshell box. I just want the content

Ditto here. In about 5 years, BluRay copiers will yield this content sharable anyways. The vast majority here want the content (ie. Not the packaging), and really care about the blurays/dvds only.

The question that has been raised here before is "why make this LE in the first place"?

Have no fear though - a solution is coming...we've been patient this far. let's see what they come up with....
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    strilo wrote:
    +1
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dirtybobdirtybob Posts: 42
    Holy crap, why are you guys shitting all over Bazzer and getting all hostile? He voiced a moderate opinion on his thoughts on the nature of collectibility, and even said he'd love for everyone to have the content, and you jump down his throat like he's somehow capable of thwarting you from getting what you want! What he said makes perfect sense, and I understand exactly what he means.

All your hostile attitudes are doing are weakening your case. Not at all in the spirit of he band or the music. Karma may well kick you in the balls for that.

Funny thing is if there is a reissue, you'll be the first ones posting snotty comments about suckers who paid extra when it was "limited". Sad.

db
    dirtybob wrote:
    Holy crap, why are you guys shitting all over Bazzer and getting all hostile? He voiced a moderate opinion on his thoughts on the nature of collectibility, and even said he'd love for everyone to have the content, and you jump down his throat like he's somehow capable of thwarting you from getting what you want! What he said makes perfect sense, and I understand exactly what he means.

All your hostile attitudes are doing are weakening your case. Not at all in the spirit of he band or the music. Karma may well kick you in the balls for that.

Funny thing is if there is a reissue, you'll be the first ones posting snotty comments about suckers who paid extra when it was "limited". Sad.

db
    I'm not being hostile. I'm just in disagreement. *shrug*
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

And I'm in disagreement with you. Your feigned apathy is a great way to avoid actually hearing what others are saying. Good luck with that.

db
    dirtybob wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

And I'm in disagreement with you. Your feigned apathy is a great way to avoid actually hearing what others are saying. Good luck with that.

db
    There is nothing in my posts that is hostile (you might have a point about the other person), and I heard everything that the other person was saying, and I disagreed with the viewpoint and was straightforward about that and with my own outlook. If you think that's hostile, you're too sensitive in my opinion. If the OP wants to argue his or her point and defend his or her views, then he or she can, and I'm sure we'd continue doing so like adults without being overly sensitive about opposing viewpoints.
    But back to the matter at hand... Looking forward to that reissue. 8-)
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

db
    There is nothing in my posts that is hostile (you might have a point about the other person), and I heard everything that the other person was saying, and I disagreed with the viewpoint and was straightforward about that and with my own outlook. If you think that's hostile, you're too sensitive in my opinion. If the OP wants to argue his or her point and defend his or her views, then he or she can, and I'm sure we'd continue doing so like adults without being overly sensitive about opposing viewpoints.
    But back to the matter at hand... Looking forward to that reissue. 8-)

So we're agreed then, you're hostile and I'm too sensitive. I can live with that. :)

db
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    skanji32 wrote:
    Ditto here. In about 5 years, BluRay copiers will yield this content sharable anyways. The vast majority here want the content (ie. Not the packaging), and really care about the blurays/dvds only.

The question that has been raised here before is "why make this LE in the first place"?

Have no fear though - a solution is coming...we've been patient this far. let's see what they come up with....

5 years from now? You can buy a bluray burner for less than 100 dollars. Dual Layer blanks are about $40 US for a ten pack (if you order them off ebay from Japan. The Verbatim one's). So $4/disc. The future is now :)

I may or may not have done this to have a copy of the Fan Can Six bluray from Metallica as it was extremely hard to obtain.
    Zod wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

5 years from now? You can buy a bluray burner for less than 100 dollars. Dual Layer blanks are about $40 US for a ten pack (if you order them off ebay from Japan. The Verbatim one's). So $4/disc. The future is now :)

I may or may not have done this to have a copy of the Fan Can Six bluray from Metallica as it was extremely hard to obtain.
    Again, folks are looking for a legal way to get the content. :)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Zod wrote:
    Did you try petitioning for a reissue?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    To clarify, PJ Soul was not hostile. I was hostile. And it was mostly directed at the situation and the Ten Club's stupid decisions, not at Bazzer.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
    dirtybob wrote:
    All your hostile attitudes are doing are weakening your case.

nope - it's happening. have no fear...wheels are in motion...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    strilo wrote:
    To clarify, PJ Soul was not hostile. I was hostile. And it was mostly directed at the situation and the Ten Club's stupid decisions, not at Bazzer.

strilo and PJ Soul are exactly right.

It's been said before but I'll spell it out to bump this again for peeps to hopefully get a reissue.

1. Why was this limited? To me, it's something most die-hard fans would want. More of the Pearl Jam movie!!! It's not like a poster or vinyl. I love Pearl Jam and have been following them since '92. But I don't need Benaroya vinyl, like strilo said I just want the content so I'm happy with my Benaroya cd. Since the Metallica movie "Some Kind of Monster" came out on DVD I have been hoping Pearl Jam would do something like this and when I heard about the PJ movie I was excited to get the special edition DVD hopefully loaded with extras like the Metallica DVD is.

2. The cost was ridiculous. $70 for a 3 DVD set!! Pearl Jam should be ashamed of themselves. Back to the Metallica DVD, I think I bought that 2-DVD set from FYE for $19.99 when it came out and it had a mail in rebate on top of that! I understand this was a few years ago, but it is still an astronomical price. When I heard it was being released, I was thinking $30~$40. I have yet to hear the justification for such a high price. It was all footage they already had. The second disc is just the movie with the full live performances and the third disc is basically just deleted scenes.

I won't even get into the fact when it first was advertised, they didn't even spell out clearly what was included.
    You've heard it all before.

I actually purchased a copy recently (second hand of course and even higher priced) and had to laugh as I watched Eddie talk about them releasing the official bootlegs because fans were getting crappy copies of shows for high prices and Jeff say they wanted to give things to fans that they would have wanted as fans of bands growing up.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    My issue is with the attitudes of many of the posters, turning on other members. There's so much animosity from people who didn't get what they wanted being spewed out in all directions, it's disheartening and distasteful. You're pissed at the band, be pissed at the band.

It's just so juvenile to strike out at someone like Bazzer who simply said he understands why some people appreciate the limited nature of some collectibles. If you don't "get" that then you're being deliberately obtuse because it doesn't meet your short term goals. It is possible to understand and appreciate that people who got in on the limited run are happy they did, and are happy with their "prize", and at the same time hope that the people who want to get the actual content get what they want too.

Life isn't a zero sum game. Others don't have to lose in order for you to win. It's saddening how many people are too simpleminded to grasp this concept.

db
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    skanji32 wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:
    All your hostile attitudes are doing are weakening your case.

nope - it's happening. have no fear...wheels are in motion...

Hopefully those wheels have good traction on them.
    dirtybob wrote:
    It's just so juvenile to strike out at someone like Bazzer who simply said he understands why some people appreciate the limited nature of some collectibles. If you don't "get" that then you're being deliberately obtuse because it doesn't meet your short term goals.

Again, I was not being hostile towards Bazzer. I was being hostile towards the fan club and the situation. Also, I do feel that it makes little sense for a die-hard fan of this band to be satisfied with their limited edition release (that, again, has no numerical limit and no serial number) in the face of loads of fans just like them, who got nothing. And worse, to go into a thread like this that expresses hope that we might get a re-release and express that satisfaction. It strikes me as a bit selfish.
    strilo wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:
    It's just so juvenile to strike out at someone like Bazzer who simply said he understands why some people appreciate the limited nature of some collectibles. If you don't "get" that then you're being deliberately obtuse because it doesn't meet your short term goals.

Also, I do feel that it makes little sense for a die-hard fan of this band to be satisfied with their limited edition release (that, again, has no numerical limit and no serial number) in the face of loads of fans just like them, who got nothing. And worse, to go into a thread like this that expresses hope that we might get a re-release and express that satisfaction. It strikes me as a bit selfish.

Whatever man, the guy was just saying he understands why people would be happy with their LE score, same as anyone who scores ANY LE item is happy with theirs. He also said he hopes others get what they're looking for, so he wasn't gloating or flaunting, just being reasonable and open minded.

This thread is about equal parts hope and positivity and piss and sour grapes. It's too bad for the positive ones they get splashed by the piss of the others.

I hope everyone gets what they want.

db
    It just shows that the Ten Club made a really poor decision. That's entirely what sparked the piss & vinegar. And that's why most all of mine has been directed squarely at the Ten Club.
    strilo wrote:
    It just shows that the Ten Club made a really poor decision. That's entirely what sparked the piss & vinegar. And that's why most all of mine has been directed squarely at the Ten Club.

I think that is an accurate comment. The "delay" that we all have been experiencing for now close to a year is strictly in 10c's hands, NOT Cameron Crowe.

They are trying to find the best possible solution to marry the LE folks to the re-release LE-ers...makes no sense to me, nor do i know how they will achieve this. Wherever you fall on the argument, this has gone on for way too long....
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
    skanji32 wrote:
    strilo wrote:

I think that is an accurate comment. The "delay" that we all have been experiencing for now close to a year is strictly in 10c's hands, NOT Cameron Crowe.

They are trying to find the best possible solution to marry the LE folks to the re-release LE-ers...makes no sense to me, nor do i know how they will achieve this. Wherever you fall on the argument, this has gone on for way too long....
    They could just permanently post the bonus material online maybe instead of reissuing anything. I think most people here just want to be able to watch it legally and don't care how it comes to them.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    skanji32 wrote:
    strilo wrote:

in regards to your last paragraph... if reading right, they dont want to upset the LE crowd? I agree with you it makes NO sense... a collector is a collector- not going to sell their "First Edition" anyways.. the only people that will get upset are flippers-driving down the value. The idea of this is nuts... then they wouldn't have did vinyl reissues if they held the same rational.

Time for a re-release of PJ20 cmon.. have a great day!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    strilo wrote:

in regards to your last paragraph... if reading right, they dont want to upset the LE crowd? I agree with you it makes NO sense... a collector is a collector- not going to sell their "First Edition" anyways.. the only people that will get upset are flippers-driving down the value. The idea of this is nuts... then they wouldn't have did vinyl reissues if they held the same rational.
    +1
    ... you might want to read back a page or two if you haven't already - I think this issue has been covered on both sides. :)
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    jumping on the band wagon late I guess....I read a couple pages back as suggested by PJ Soul. I totally understand the side of the collector and the person that missed out as I am one of them.

Ok then, put the 3disks in a different box and ship it out- done. The collector with have the limited product and the remaining groups will have the "second" run product. Contact Kalufa (think that's how it is spelled) for old backspacer cd cases (jab :D ), and ship the PJ20 DVD copies out.

LOL

Prices will drop regardless... look at the reissues of vinyl- its inevitable and money always talks.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    As an owner of the LTD edition I can say I could give a fuck less if this gets reissued, if people want it, more power to them. Won't affect me any so go for it 10C. I WILL however add this: I question how many people here are "only interested in the content". I say this because we all trade boots from 03 onward that were once on sale here. The band policy has always seemed to be trade whatever we can't/won't sell you. (Within reason, 95 movie withstanding and the like). Why is it okay to trade a boot but you turn up your nose at making your own burned copies from friends?

If you were at a show and didn't buy the boot from 10C when it was available, and now decide you want it are you going to start a petition for 10C to reissue all boots, or are you just going to trade on here? This whole "we want a legal option" is admirable, but doesn't jive with so much history when it comes to trading these things.

This is the same situation, the boots were forbidden to trade when they were available, but after they are no longer on the store it seems no one has a problem circulating them, and lucky for us the band is okay with that. HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT?! I seriously want to know, specifically I am asking those who "only want the content".
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    gibbits wrote:
    As an owner of the LTD edition I can say I could give a fuck less if this gets reissued, if people want it, more power to them. Won't affect me any so go for it 10C. I WILL however add this: I question how many people here are "only interested in the content". I say this because we all trade boots from 03 onward that were once on sale here. The band policy has always seemed to be trade whatever we can't/won't sell you. (Within reason, 95 movie withstanding and the like). Why is it okay to trade a boot but you turn up your nose at making your own burned copies from friends?

If you were at a show and didn't buy the boot from 10C when it was available, and now decide you want it are you going to start a petition for 10C to reissue all boots, or are you just going to trade on here? This whole "we want a legal option" is admirable, but doesn't jive with so much history when it comes to trading these things.

This is the same situation, the boots were forbidden to trade when they were available, but after they are no longer on the store it seems no one has a problem circulating them, and lucky for us the band is okay with that. HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT?! I seriously want to know, specifically I am asking those who "only want the content".

*To the tune of Schoolhouse Rock's "Conjunction Function"*

Presumption, presumption, what's your function?
    gibbits wrote:

Please let me know how to get the PJ20 3 Bluray version via copy. Can't be done. The only solution is a re-release.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
    Yeah I should be more specific. I want the content on physical media in the exact resolution and quality. I don't want someone's mediocre quality rip of the 1080p content.