***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    LOL
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • sonnysonny Posts: 132
    :corn:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    <KellyCurtis> we are working on getting out a blue ray deluxe package sometime soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

8-)
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    demetrios wrote:
    <KellyCurtis> we are working on getting out a blue ray deluxe package sometime soon

8-)

I thought he was referring to the actual PJ20 event......
    Where is that Curtis comment from and what is the context of it?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
    demetrios wrote:

8-)

I thought he was referring to the actual PJ20 event......

D'oh! I thought he was talking about the Pearl Jam Twenty film deluxe sets. :oops:

Alpine Valley '11 Blu-ray is great too. :)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Its tough to say. It was weird because people were firing dozens of questions at once and the replies were 20-30 seconds apart.

To me, I thought he was talking about this set, but it really wasnt clear. People were also asking a lot about Alpine. I thought he previously addressed Alpine by saying nothing was in the works quite yet. They usually like to drop those types of things as a surprise.

However, someone later asked about DVDs, Video, etc, and Kelly said something along the lines of the PJ20 'thing' took the winds out of everyone's sails/wore everyone out.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Its tough to say. It was weird because people were firing dozens of questions at once and the replies were 20-30 seconds apart.

To me, I thought he was talking about this set, but it really wasnt clear. People were also asking a lot about Alpine. I thought he previously addressed Alpine by saying nothing was in the works quite yet. They usually like to drop those types of things as a surprise.

However, someone later asked about DVDs, Video, etc, and Kelly said something along the lines of the PJ20 'thing' took the winds out of everyone's sails/wore everyone out.

Wish there was an option to quote someone's question over @ the chat room so we know which post Kelly was answering yesterday.
  • sonnysonny Posts: 132
    demetrios wrote:
    D'oh! I thought he was talking about the Pearl Jam Twenty film deluxe sets. :oops:

pretty sure he was referring to the PJ20 deluxe blurays. but again, it was hard to decipher what questions he was actually answering... but i am thinking that he was referring to the PJ20 movie as there were a bunch of us that were asking about it... :?
  • dirtybobdirtybob Posts: 42
    I didn't get the impression it was for this set... He would have mentioned "reissue" or "repackaging" or something I think. It sounded like he was referring to a BR deluxe set for a new project. Wouldn't mind being wrong tho.

DB
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    dirtybob wrote:
    I didn't get the impression it was for this set... He would have mentioned "reissue" or "repackaging" or something I think. It sounded like he was referring to a BR deluxe set for a new project. Wouldn't mind being wrong tho.DB
    Would people really prefer a reissue of this blu ray set compared to a new release? I know lots of people want it, but isn't new stuff better?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    bazzer wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:
    I didn't get the impression it was for this set... He would have mentioned "reissue" or "repackaging" or something I think. It sounded like he was referring to a BR deluxe set for a new project. Wouldn't mind being wrong tho.DB
    Would people really prefer a reissue of this blu ray set compared to a new release? I know lots of people want it, but isn't new stuff better?
    We want both. :) Pretty sure reissuing PJ20 wouldn't impact them releasing new stuff.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    bazzer wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

New stuff is always better. Especially if it's pure 1080p True HD Audio and a little 3D thrown in the package. :angel:
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    Still hoping...
    I can't help but think that this set is what Kelly was talking about. It's been a big enough debacle that I am sure even he knows about it.
    :)
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    strilo wrote:
    I can't help but think that this set is what Kelly was talking about. It's been a big enough debacle that I am sure even he knows about it.

Hope you're right. ;)
  • 3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    Does anyone know how many limited edition sets their was??
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    "When something's gone I want to fight to get it back again..."
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    KC's comments were kinda vague; I can't tell if he was referring to the 3 discs or something else PJ20-related.

Sigh.

Pa iaith sydd gennym i gyfathrebu yn cael rhywfaint o atebion yn syth o gwmpas yma?! Gadewch i roi cynnig ar y Cymraeg.
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    I know there has been legit concern about honoring those who recevied the PJ20 LE version and not disrespecting those people (regardless how the rest of us may feel about the validity of that thinking).

"Rest assured. It's happening."

What "it" is, remains to be seen...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    skanji32 wrote:
    I know there has been legit concern about honoring those who recevied the PJ20 LE version and not disrespecting those people (regardless how the rest of us may feel about the validity of that thinking).

If I had a limited edition I'd be really happy to see it reissued so that everyone else could have it. Anyone mad if it gets released are being meanies. Or are flippers. So who cares?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    Hoping this gets reissued, would love to have all the extras.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

PJ_Soul wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

If I had a limited edition I'd be really happy to see it reissued so that everyone else could have it. Anyone mad if it gets released are being meanies. Or are flippers. So who cares?
    I'd never sell mine, but it feels nice to have something "special" that not everyone has. None of you guys have any PJ collectibles?

I think the real argument is around whether or not this particular item should have been limited. I don't want to get into that discussion. The fact is it was and producing more breaks a covenant of trust. :lol: It's the same reason people get annoyed when a poster artist produces more of a limited print (even if labelled 2nd printing).

I'd like everyone who wanted one to have a copy, but I don't know what the solution would be now. Can we expect this to stay in print forever? How many copies is enough? I just hope they don't print up a huge run because I'm guessing the demand for this $70 boxset is not as big as the vocal few would imagine. How many names on the petition, 1000? Assuming they all buy it, how many more should they make and what happens when a) those ones run out or b) they are left with 1000s sitting in their warehouse?
    bazzer wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

I'd never sell mine, but it feels nice to have something "special" that not everyone has. None of you guys have any PJ collectibles?

I think the real argument is around whether or not this particular item should have been limited. I don't want to get into that discussion. The fact is it was and producing more breaks a covenant of trust. :lol: It's the same reason people get annoyed when a poster artist produces more of a limited print (even if labelled 2nd printing).

I'd like everyone who wanted one to have a copy, but I don't know what the solution would be now. Can we expect this to stay in print forever? How many copies is enough? I just hope they don't print up a huge run because I'm guessing the demand for this $70 boxset is not as big as the vocal few would imagine. How many names on the petition, 1000? Assuming they all buy it, how many more should they make and what happens when a) those ones run out or b) they are left with 1000s sitting in their warehouse?
    I do have collectable PJ stuff, namely first pressing vinyls, and I am stoked that they are reissuing the albums over time anyway, because I want more people to enjoy PJ on vinyl. And i didn't even get any of it at the original prices. I paid big bucks for them. $70?? I wish!! Sorry, I don't understand your viewpoint on that unless you care about the monetary value of the item, and since you say you never want to sell, I just don't get it.
    As for the supply and demand issue... they are professionals. They know how to estimate demand and stuff. That is not an impossible puzzle to solve by any means.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I do have collectable PJ stuff, namely first pressing vinyls, and I am stoked that they are reissuing the albums over time anyway, because I want more people to enjoy PJ on vinyl. And i didn't even get any of it at the original prices. I paid big bucks for them. $70?? I wish!! Sorry, I don't understand your viewpoint on that unless you care about the monetary value of the item, and since you say you never want to sell, I just don't get it.
    As for the supply and demand issue... they are professionals. They know how to estimate demand and stuff. That is not an impossible puzzle to solve by any means.
    I mean real collectibles, not just 1st pressing that are only rare because they were first issued 20 years ago. Things that are artificially limited for scarcity, posters, short run vinyl (xmas singles, benaroya, numbered singles etc). It's not about the monetary worth (that is simply a reflection of the rarity/desirability), it's about having something special. If you don't get that, you don't get that and that's fine.

I would've bought this boxset regardless of how many were made, that's not why I bought it. However, now it's more special, a reminder that I was in the right place at the right time (or three week stretch of time). A reissue cheapens that, in the same way that repressing the first christmas single wouldn't be fair to those members from way back. It would be nice if we could all get everything we want (where do I send my list?) but we can't. Life's not fair and we can't always get what we want.

Good luck to everyone, I don't really mind which way the coin lands
    bazzer wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I mean real collectibles, not just 1st pressing that are only rare because they were first issued 20 years ago. Things that are artificially limited for scarcity, posters, short run vinyl (xmas singles, benaroya, numbered singles etc). It's not about the monetary worth (that is simply a reflection of the rarity/desirability), it's about having something special. If you don't get that, you don't get that and that's fine.

I would've bought this boxset regardless of how many were made, that's not why I bought it. However, now it's more special, a reminder that I was in the right place at the right time (or three week stretch of time). A reissue cheapens that, in the same way that repressing the first christmas single wouldn't be fair to those members from way back. It would be nice if we could all get everything we want (where do I send my list?) but we can't. Life's not fair and we can't always get what we want.

Good luck to everyone, I don't really mind which way the coin lands
    I get the the feeling that something rare is special (although disagree that vinyl is not collectible). And if I owned a Benny Hall, I'd love to hear that it was being reissued for all that don't get to hear it. Sorry, not trying to rag on you ... have you ever been in a bidding war on ebay for a sealed No Code or Avacado?? Trust me, winning it is special!! I charish my first pressings. In fact i have a cirst pressing of vitalogy, and then bought a reissue of it and my first one is still just as special to me as the day i won that auction. K also have the PJ20 vinyl, so no less special than the dvd for vinyl lovers, and i'd be really happy about a reissue. I just thno it's more special for everyone to get the joy out of something awesome than it is to feel like an item is special because hardly anyone gets that joy put of it. Just sayin'.

PS - the deluxe DVD and blue ray aren't numbered, are they??