Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    Rambis35 wrote:
    You make a good point. I think there's another key difference between PJ20 and some of the limited edition vinyl. I can't get Live at Benaroya Hall on vinyl, for example, but I can access the music on CD or MP3. With PJ20, there are two disks of material I cannot currently own on DVD. I'm still hopeful there will be another release...

Very good addition Rambis.

Looks like there is light in the end of tunnel... let's hope it's not a tran. :D
    In love with music
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Was just thinking how cool it would have been to have made the bonus discs part of the 10c 2012 annual gift instead of an analog tee like last yr.. ..

bump to this
  • Options
    PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    aus_suz wrote:
    BK144862 wrote:
    It's going to happen because I finally decided to purchase disc 2 from iTunes. Sorry everyone for taking so long... :-|

Have they made this available outside the US yet?

Not sure & bump.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Bought the store version dvd yesterday.... still hanging for the extra stuff though...
    Ineed to watch it again because I thought some stuff was missing from the dvd to the movie
    version... dunno....

Anyway massive BUMP to this cos now I really want to see the extra bits..
  • Options
    Big arse Monday Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    c'mon, if you reaaaaaly care about the fans, give us a chance to get the deluxe blu ray. buying it on ebay for hundreads of bucks is not an option.
    willem release:
    hating indie crap since 1978
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    c'mon, if you reaaaaaly care about the fans, give us a chance to get the deluxe blu ray. buying it on ebay for hundreads of bucks is not an option.
    This is what I don't get. They did. For nearly a month. And they said it was limited. Also, people asked about whether the item was to be reprinted, and the Ten Club's response was "the item is out of stock". Seems to me that they don't want to commit for indefinitely, but for the foreseeable future, the item is done. So, go figure out how to use a torrent client and find the other two discs. Buy the first one if you have a strong conscience and want to support the band you likely have already given thousands of dollars to (I know I have).

For the record, the Blu-Ray quality is HORRENDOUS. At some parts (recent footage, in fact), I feel like I'm watching a file I downloaded off YouTube that someone uploaded as a transfer from a VHS. Save yourself the bandwidth and space and download DVD rips.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    do it
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    This is what I don't get. They did. For nearly a month. And they said it was limited. Also, people asked about whether the item was to be reprinted, and the Ten Club's response was "the item is out of stock". Seems to me that they don't want to commit for indefinitely, but for the foreseeable future, the item is done. So, go figure out how to use a torrent client and find the other two discs. Buy the first one if you have a strong conscience and want to support the band you likely have already given thousands of dollars to (I know I have).

For the record, the Blu-Ray quality is HORRENDOUS. At some parts (recent footage, in fact), I feel like I'm watching a file I downloaded off YouTube that someone uploaded as a transfer from a VHS. Save yourself the bandwidth and space and download DVD rips.

For nearly a month is right.... but seriously the item shouldnt have been limited.. It wasnt numbered there were no limits on how many to purhcase and u didnt have to be a 10c member to purchase.
    The DVD/Blu ray is something that would be of interest to any fan whether they are new, casual or a hard core freak. And of course then theres the 1,000 fans that never received theres cos they went missing in the post.. :(

I finally purchased the dvd but will still love to own the other discs. IMO this kind of item should be your regular bread and button item that is never out of stock. Its an important piece of band history and should be available to all fans.

Stop the crazy prices these are being sold for on ebay with another release it doesnt have to be all fancy shmancy.... As ppl have said plan packaging just the 3 discs is fine..
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    aus_suz wrote:
    benjs wrote:

For nearly a month is right.... but seriously the item shouldnt have been limited.. It wasnt numbered there were no limits on how many to purhcase and u didnt have to be a 10c member to purchase.
    The DVD/Blu ray is something that would be of interest to any fan whether they are new, casual or a hard core freak. And of course then theres the 1,000 fans that never received theres cos they went missing in the post.. :(

I finally purchased the dvd but will still love to own the other discs. IMO this kind of item should be your regular bread and button item that is never out of stock. Its an important piece of band history and should be available to all fans.

Stop the crazy prices these are being sold for on ebay with another release it doesnt have to be all fancy shmancy.... As ppl have said plan packaging just the 3 discs is fine..
    While I do agree with you that this release would have been better suited as a wide-spread release, I see several issues at this point.

1) The item was already released as a limited edition. To revoke that statement would anger many collectors, especially the many who, like you have correctly stated, have paid exorbitant prices to obtain the set through channels like eBay.

2) The Blu-Ray transfer is notoriously bad, and this has been brought to the attention of the Ten Club and Cameron Crowe. This would be a large expense of both time and money to rectify. Recognizing the problem, they would have to do another transfer and ensure the quality is optimized. Then, they would have to offer anyone who already owns the collection an exchange. On the other hand, if they ignore the problem, they look bad, and since they would be going through public channels such as Amazon (presumably), there would be terrible reviews for the collection. I would happily post screen grabs to any such site so that people understand what they are purchasing before they do.

3) The Kids Are Twenty is already on the iTunes Store. The band may feel that this is sufficient, as it is a more 'casual fan-friendly' channel to obtain this second disc, and I would say that The Fans Are Alright is more for the die-hard fans, who (as I suggested previously), can simply torrent the file and save themselves a few bucks. Strange, when the item was on-sale, I saw many more complaints about the price of the boxed set than the limited nature of it. Amazing how things change.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Some people that have their Boxset listed on Ebay for 300 dollars must be really afraid of this thread.

Normally they will try to find any excuse to disregard our effort in getting the real thing. We already had some signs out of 10C that this may happen. If it really does happen... these people would loose the chance to make some real cash. Too bad.

For those that had the b@**s to pay 300 bucks on ebay. Sorry. Either you have too much money laying around or else. Too bad.

I could understand if this was something from back 1990. Like an original EP from Mookie and such... to cost 300 bucks or more. This is a TRUE COLLECTIBLE... something that was released "YESTERDAY" is not a collectible. Come on.
    In love with music
  • Options
    fcbittenca wrote:
    Some people that have their Boxset listed on Ebay for 300 dollars must be really afraid of this thread.

Normally they will try to find any excuse to disregard our effort in getting the real thing. We already had some signs out of 10C that this may happen. If it really does happen... these people would loose the chance to make some real cash. Too bad.

For those that had the b@**s to pay 300 bucks on ebay. Sorry. Either you have too much money laying around or else. Too bad.

I could understand if this was something from back 1990. Like an original EP from Mookie and such... to cost 300 bucks or more. This is a TRUE COLLECTIBLE... something that was released "YESTERDAY" is not a collectible. Come on.

Isnt something truly collectible when its numbered like 23/2000 and the BS white vinyl was 1 per 10c member wasnt it.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

1) The item was already released as a limited edition. To revoke that statement would anger many collectors, especially the many who, like you have correctly stated, have paid exorbitant prices to obtain the set through channels like eBay.

2) The Blu-Ray transfer is notoriously bad, and this has been brought to the attention of the Ten Club and Cameron Crowe. This would be a large expense of both time and money to rectify. Recognizing the problem, they would have to do another transfer and ensure the quality is optimized. Then, they would have to offer anyone who already owns the collection an exchange. On the other hand, if they ignore the problem, they look bad, and since they would be going through public channels such as Amazon (presumably), there would be terrible reviews for the collection. I would happily post screen grabs to any such site so that people understand what they are purchasing before they do.

3) The Kids Are Twenty is already on the iTunes Store. The band may feel that this is sufficient, as it is a more 'casual fan-friendly' channel to obtain this second disc, and I would say that The Fans Are Alright is more for the die-hard fans, who (as I suggested previously), can simply torrent the file and save themselves a few bucks. Strange, when the item was on-sale, I saw many more complaints about the price of the boxed set than the limited nature of it. Amazing how things change.

As far as I know and it hasnt changed The kids are twenty is ONLY available in the US so sucks if u live in Australia or elsewhere. Yeah ppl did complain about the price, but I think probably most of those still wouldve purchased it. I didnt have the funds at the time also misread the limited ed being the blu ray also the email about the dvd/blu ray was sent to an email address no longer associated with 10c. Perhaps they should releas the dvd only if there are probs with the blu ray quality. I still cant believe 1,000 ppl had theirs lost in the post only to be refunded not replaced because there werent any to replace them with... 1,000 is a huge amount especially if they are the ones on ebay selling for 500 bucks.. The muck up with the white bs vinyl was fixed up when ppl were purchasing more than 1. I dont understand why this wasnt limited in the same way.

I think anyone that has signed this petition would be more than happy with the content on the 3 discs in paper sleeves purchased legally from the 10c..... Then the ppl that have bought this originally or for super duper prices of the bay still win by owning something collectible and apparently limited... :)
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    Wonders if Im going to be bumping this thread forever?..................

Bump!!
  • Options
    this thread is still kicking around?
    this is like the girlfriend who got dumped and still thinks there is a shot.
    Ten Club already gave you the "it's not you, it's me....sorry"
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,527
    Blu-Ray Deluxe available to the highest bidder:

http://wishlistfoundation.org/2012/02/flight-to-mars/

Platinum Platinum Auction Package
    Winning bidder receives everything in the VIP Package, plus:

Two Mike McCready guitar picks
    Two Pearl Jam Vault 1 CDs
    Two PJ20 Vinyl LPs
    One limited edition Patagonia PJ20 backpack
    Two limited edition PJ Twenty Deluxe Bluray DVDs
    Two 2012 Flight to Mars posters autographed by Flight to Mars
    Meet and greet with members of Flight to Mars***

Los AngelesSeattle

Rock ‘n’ Royal Royal Auction Package
    Receive the rock royalty treatment with this amazing package! Royal VIP attendees receive everything in the VIP Package, plus:

Two Mike McCready guitar picks
    Two Pearl Jam Vault 1 CDs
    Two PJ20 Vinyl LPs
    One limited edition Patagonia PJ20 backpack
    Two limited edition PJ Twenty Deluxe Bluray DVDs
    Two 2012 Flight to Mars posters autographed by Flight to Mars
    Meet and greet with Mike McCready and members of Flight to Mars***
    Backstage Pass Experience
    The Royal VIP attendees will receive two all-access backstage passes and enjoy their rock-n-roll experience of hanging out with the bands backstage. Duration is subject to the bands discretion.
    On stage performance with Flight to Mars!
    One Royal VIP attendee will get to live out their rock-n-roll fantasy and be invited up on stage with Flight to Mars to play tambourine, guitar or bass during one of their songs. Song and instrument selection to be determined by the band and a Waiver of Liability must be signed to participate in this feature.
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    bump.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    I know I added my name to this thread but you can withdraw my name now. PJ/TC missed out on a chance to take my money. I downloaded the 2 discs of extras for free awhile back from a torrent site and unless this is ever sold as a 3 disc set for $30 or less I'm never putting money down for the extras any longer. My patience wore out and I spent my money elsewhere.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 3,003
    DOOOOO EEEEEEEEET!!!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    aus_suz wrote:
    Wonders if Im going to be bumping this thread forever?..................

Bump!!

Yes you will
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    dirtybobdirtybob Posts: 42
    I know I added my name to this thread but you can withdraw my name now. PJ/TC missed out on a chance to take my money. I downloaded the 2 discs of extras for free awhile back from a torrent site and unless this is ever sold as a 3 disc set for $30 or less I'm never putting money down for the extras any longer. My patience wore out and I spent my money elsewhere.

Well, to be accurate you didn't spend your money elsewhere, you chose to take the content for free. That was your choice, not Pearl Jam's. Let's all be honest here. They made the decision to make the content limited (whether we agree with it or not), and you - like many others - made the decision that you were entitled to have it anyways and chose to violate copyright law and illegally download the content.

We can twist facts as much as we want, but the fact is PJ's actions were legal, business-oriented decisions (again, whether we agree with them or not). This is frustrating, yes, but it does not justify copyright violation. If your sense of entitlement and need for gratification on your own schedule led you to decide to violate Pearl Jam's copyright on their material, that's your decision and you need to accept it and live with it. Don't try to foist the blame on the band to justify your actions.

Man up, folks.

/2 cents.
    db
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    edited March 2012
    It's along time coming, it's a long way down, it's long division, crack and divide. This is a parting, some separation, we lay in pieces, cracked to survive. I'm not your villain, not your adversary, I'm not your reason to crack and divide. It's long division. It's long division. It's long division, crack and divide....
    Post edited by RVCJJ3J on
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    RVCJJ3J wrote:
    I gotta real funny feeling...That we're gonna see a re-issue...Yeah...

You're right, that is a funny feeling.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Bump!
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    dirtybob wrote:

Well, to be accurate you didn't spend your money elsewhere, you chose to take the content for free. That was your choice, not Pearl Jam's. Let's all be honest here. They made the decision to make the content limited (whether we agree with it or not), and you - like many others - made the decision that you were entitled to have it anyways and chose to violate copyright law and illegally download the content.

We can twist facts as much as we want, but the fact is PJ's actions were legal, business-oriented decisions (again, whether we agree with them or not). This is frustrating, yes, but it does not justify copyright violation. If your sense of entitlement and need for gratification on your own schedule led you to decide to violate Pearl Jam's copyright on their material, that's your decision and you need to accept it and live with it. Don't try to foist the blame on the band to justify your actions.

Man up, folks.

/2 cents.
    db

Actually I did spend the money else where. I was holding on to money in case it became available again. Seeing how it wont in the foreseeable future I bought something else with it. So, yes, I did spend my money else where for things that were for sale for me to buy.

And I'm not too concerned with the copyright issue here cause like I mentioned in other posts, PJ has given the ok to download material that isnt available for purchase, like past X-mas single or bootlegs. Or even allowing taping and trading of shows, they still own the copyright to those songs but they let fans freely tape and trade. So I do feel justified with downloading the extra discs because they, like Ramblings III, is no longer available for me to purchase. So PJ set the standard with past actions that if we can no longer buy it that its ok for us to 'Share the Jam." If their policies has always been tough luck you missed out on the 2000 boots now you can never listen to them I would have acted differently.
  • Options
    dirtybobdirtybob Posts: 42
    dirtybob wrote:

Man up, folks.

/2 cents.
    db

Actually I did spend the money else where. I was holding on to money in case it became available again. Seeing how it wont in the foreseeable future I bought something else with it. So, yes, I did spend my money else where for things that were for sale for me to buy.

And I'm not too concerned with the copyright issue here cause like I mentioned in other posts, PJ has given the ok to download material that isnt available for purchase, like past X-mas single or bootlegs. Or even allowing taping and trading of shows, they still own the copyright to those songs but they let fans freely tape and trade. So I do feel justified with downloading the extra discs because they, like Ramblings III, is no longer available for me to purchase. So PJ set the standard with past actions that if we can no longer buy it that its ok for us to 'Share the Jam." If their policies has always been tough luck you missed out on the 2000 boots now you can never listen to them I would have acted differently.

As you say, you're not concerned that you violated copyright law. You have justified your actions so that you don't feel bad about it. I'm sure if you read the copyright notice on the releases in question, it makes no mention of "hey, if you missed out on legally purchasing this stuff, feel free to go out and download it illegally." Actually, I'd say you probably can't do that because my understanding is that the groups that rip and illegally distribute copyrighted content take the time to strip out those pesky copyright notices. Nice for you, huh?

Anyways, my point is don't try to paint a picture where the band has somehow forced you into a corner and you had no choice but to illegally acquire the videos. You decided you wanted the videos, and wanted them "Right Now", and were somehow entitled to them on that basis, so you went online and took what you wanted. Regardless how you justify it, it wasn't "right" and it wasn't "legal". I'm saying you need to man up and admit to that. These people that "pirate" content and then somehow make Themselves seem like victims are pathetic. How about a little accountability for your actions? I'm talking you and everyone like you, not just you in particular here, not singling you out.

Pirates used to have some pride and self respect; they did what they did because they wanted to, and they could, and tough boobies to anyone that didn't like it. ARRRR! Now they're all emo and crap. Ohhh, nobody understands me, I didn't get what I wanted soon enough so they made me do a bad thing! Yes, we should feel sorry for you that you had to break the law so you could watch a 2 hour show you feel you're entitled to see. Poor dear.

Thats 4 cents now I believe.
    db
  • Options
    Some interesting posts since my last daily bump..

Bump!