Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    my2hands wrote:
    do what their manager told you a few years ago and start your own band and run your own fanclub or shut the fuck up :roll:

that was the 10C Mgr.....NOT the band Mgr
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    IndyDave wrote:
    Has a petition on this forum ever actually resulted in achieving anything - other than something that was likely to happen anyway? If there is just one I'd love to see do the trick, it's this one. I'm starting to think that the fact that iTunes is selling 'The Kids Are Twenty' has something to do with the very limited nature of this release on Blu Ray and DVD. They've got to have their exclusive, I guess, just like Google and the Toronto 9/11 boot or Target and 'Backspacer'. That's how things have changed in the PJ camp over the last several years - now selling their soul to the corporate devils. :evil: I never thought we'd see the day, but I guess we can't begrudge them for taking advantage of big money making opportunities. I just hope they realize how much money was left on the table here, although it's probably nowhere near what iTunes paid for their little exclusive.

The only petition that I'm aware of that succeded is the MTV Unplugged petition...
    And of course they release it edited, incomplete & out of order!!
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    my2hands wrote:
    it's obvious they dont give a fuck about you or this petition

your complaining is annoying to them, just shut up and keep using that Visa on worthless cheaply manufactured crap they want to sell you like fake composition books and limited edition boxer shorts... either that or do what their manager told you a few years ago and start your own band and run your own fanclub or shut the fuck up :roll:

What boxer shorts??
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    my2hands wrote:
    it's obvious they dont give a fuck about you or this petition

your complaining is annoying to them, just shut up and keep using that Visa on worthless cheaply manufactured crap they want to sell you like fake composition books and limited edition boxer shorts... either that or do what their manager told you a few years ago and start your own band and run your own fanclub or shut the fuck up :roll:

What boxer shorts??

I think that was sarcasm...
  • Options
    A little off topic but since it looks like the LE thing was a money grab like a lot of their items have been of late, how long until PJ starts doing the Kiss thing of a 'farewell tour' every other year??

If they wont restock it they could at least give us the go a head to find it on online and download it like they do with past bootlegs and fan club singles.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    please...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Release it! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me. I'll hold the pain...Release me........
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    A little off topic but since it looks like the LE thing was a money grab like a lot of their items have been of late, how long until PJ starts doing the Kiss thing of a 'farewell tour' every other year??

If they wont restock it they could at least give us the go a head to find it on online and download it like they do with past bootlegs and fan club singles.
    You must have quite the conscience... For me, if I saw that they weren't manufacturing something any more, I would know that digital piracy of the product would do absolutely zero harm to the guys in charge. I wouldn't wait for the go-ahead... It is not customary for businesses to say "please! Illegally download our work!"
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    If it was a money grab then why would they not jump at the chance to grab more money by pressing a few thousand more for those of us who did not get one?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    If it was a money grab then why would they not jump at the chance to grab more money by pressing a few thousand more for those of us who did not get one?

Amazing how its a money grabbing thing for the fans that either purchased one or more because there wasnt a limit on them and the prices they are asking for in ebay u would have to be pretty financial to purchase so the fans that didnt have the money at the time or missed out because of other reasons would be pretty unlikely to score one.. Wish they would do more...
  • Options
    were these limited edition blu ray boxes actually numbered???

if they were...they would have been advertsised as such.

like there are only 1000 limited edition boxes....

But that wasnt the case.

Yeah, they were limited. If they release another 1000...they are STILL limited

But 1000 more pearl jam fans get to enjoy them and not get ripped off by ebay hackers flogging them for 300+ dollars

So my vote is for MOOOOORE!!!

Thank you kindly in advance!
    Forever and ever ....Pearl Jam
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    You must have quite the conscience... For me, if I saw that they weren't manufacturing something any more, I would know that digital piracy of the product would do absolutely zero harm to the guys in charge. I wouldn't wait for the go-ahead... It is not customary for businesses to say "please! Illegally download our work!"

Oh I got my torrent copy weeks ago but the band has given the ok on things, like I mentioned before, that were no longer available for purchase, so the same could be done here. There use to be threads for 2000 and 2003 bootleg mp3s and its possible the 2000 bootlegs had a bigger product run than these LE blurays. But if they dont plan on making anymore money on the special features why not let the fans see it for free, if it costs TC/PJ nothing to let the fans watch it. They dont have to host the torrent, seed it or anything. Just a simple, "its out there in cyberspace, enjoy!"

And since its always fun to compare bands....Trent released the Closure set as a torrent years ago cause the dvd thing was held up.
  • Options
    myblood2 wrote:

But that wasnt the case.

But 1000 more pearl jam fans get to enjoy them and not get ripped off by ebay hackers flogging them for 300+ dollars

No they werent numbered at all....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,827
    aus_suz wrote:
    myblood2 wrote:

But that wasnt the case.

No they werent numbered at all....

Just imagine if they were numbered? :shock:
  • Options
    boom
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Just posted the following message on theuncool.net - kindly click on "like", but only if you agree. This is the post where Cameron had told us that our "voice will be heard"....but that was 6 weeks ago...no word yet.
    http://www.theuncool.com/2011/11/24/cam ... -397102897

Cameron/Greg,

Congrats on the release of "We Bought a Zoo"...great film!!

It's been nearly 6 weeks since the last time we heard from you about the LE 10C BluRay's. Appreciating our eloquence and passion is great, as well as promised of being heard. We wouldn't be doing our job as die hard fans if we didn't continue to press on in the light of no further updates from the band, Kelly Curtis, but most importantly the creator of the art that is PJ20, yourself Cameron.

We are now over 2000 posts on the Pearl Jam forum discussing this topic, all of us who hope that the LE BluRay can be reissued. vie...

Can you kindly provide an update to us? If it's not going to happen, or if there is a small chance it will happen, or if there are publishing issues preventing the release right now, let us know.

At this point, we remain hopeful that indeed, our voices "will be heard".

Thanks and hopefully this makes it to you somehow!
    -sk
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    Done Skanji32..
    Hmmmm Ive been thinking....
    Its my 30th wedding anniversary on the 13th of next mth...
    The gifts that u give someone for a 30th Anniversary are

http://www.weddinganniversarygiftsbyyea ... gifts.html

So I would settle for reissue of the "PEARL"jam20 dvd... seems fair...
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    I want this so badly!!
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Done Skanji32..

This is one of those, need to treat yourself before you treat others...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    perkjam20perkjam20 Nashville Posts: 175
    Yessir
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Done Skanji32..

That said...I am dilligently working on getting the Bluray for everyone :)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Done Skanji32..

That said...I am dilligently working on getting the Bluray for everyone :)
    I was wishing the tweet might be about this.... fingers crossed..
  • Options
    bump b4 bed this tues am..
  • Options
    BUMP
    In love with music
  • Options
    BUMP :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

I was so hoping we would see the re-issue of this today. :cry:
  • Options
    Yeah same.. spent the 50 bucks on the renewal and all :)
    Maybe next time hey...
  • Options

I was so hoping we would see the re-issue of this today. :cry:
    i hope they do it Karen..i really do..
  • Options
    It is stupid not to release this 'fan edition' to all the fans who want to see and own it.
    It is a release for the true fans, but many of them were shut out because of the limited production.
    10-C, please release more of these sets!