Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    Missed out on this because I was a few days too late to read my e-mail, don't really care if I have a limited edition or not, I just want the music.

Please repress.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    ............. waiting :cry:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    :D lets do this
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:
    Bump to restock, reburn, remake, whatever. Just do something, Ten Club. Or, at the very least, put out a definitive, easy to understand, make no mistake about it, statement telling us one way or another whether this is going to or not going to happen. That's just common courtesy. Thank you.

I'm not being a jerk here, but they already DID put out such a statement. They said there are no plans to make more. People can feel free to keep asking, but 10c and PJ are under no obligation to keep replying. They already said it's not going to happen. I'm not saying give up, just saying keep in mind they've already said their piece.

db

db, that's not quite accurate. Way back in October, when these first sold out, 10C's official statement was that "there are no current plans to manufacture any more." Notice the qualifier "current". That statement was sent out three months ago and this petition thread has grown by over 100 pages since then. Also since then, this discussion was carried over to Cameron Crowe's official website, and Cameron Crowe personally has stated that our voices "will be heard". A little over a month ago, he said on his website that he was meeting with Kelly Curtis and that the subject would be discussed. Given the now-current state of things, I think it's reasonable to expect a more definitive answer. Something like, "We're sorry, but Pearl Jam has decided not to manufacture any more of these sets" or "We haven't made a final decision yet" or "More sets will be made, details to follow." Anything would be better than the radio silence we have now.
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    dirtybob wrote:
    Bump to restock, reburn, remake, whatever. Just do something, Ten Club. Or, at the very least, put out a definitive, easy to understand, make no mistake about it, statement telling us one way or another whether this is going to or not going to happen. That's just common courtesy. Thank you.

I'm not being a jerk here, but they already DID put out such a statement. They said there are no plans to make more. People can feel free to keep asking, but 10c and PJ are under no obligation to keep replying. They already said it's not going to happen. I'm not saying give up, just saying keep in mind they've already said their piece.

db

db, that's not quite accurate. Way back in October, when these first sold out, 10C's official statement was that "there are no current plans to manufacture any more." Notice the qualifier "current". That statement was sent out three months ago and this petition thread has grown by over 100 pages since then. Also since then, this discussion was carried over to Cameron Crowe's official website, and Cameron Crowe personally has stated that our voices "will be heard". A little over a month ago, he said on his website that he was meeting with Kelly Curtis and that the subject would be discussed. Given the now-current state of things, I think it's reasonable to expect a more definitive answer. Something like, "We're sorry, but Pearl Jam has decided not to manufacture any more of these sets" or "We haven't made a final decision yet" or "More sets will be made, details to follow." Anything would be better than the radio silence we have now.

bang on! Also, 10c lost 1000 DVD/Blurays in the mail (their quote, not mine)...even more reason....
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:

db

It's more accurate than you are implying. They've issued their statement months ago; just because people keep asking does not oblige them to keep restating their stance. They've said no current plans, and since they haven't issued any further statements it is obvious they haven't changed that stance.

Like I said, it's admirable to keep trying and keep asking, but that does not give anyone the right to petulantly demand a new statement. 10c has given their stance, and the people signing this petition have said they don't accept that stance. If 10c decides to change their stance, they would then let you know. Otherwise their most recent statement holds. That's just logic. Bouncing up and down in the back seat yelling "now can we have ice cream daddy? NOW can we have ice cream daddy!? Noooow can we have ice cream daddy? Can we have ice cream NOW daddy?" does not oblige daddy to say "No, we cannot have ice cream now" every time. If daddy changes his mind, you'll know. Because you'll be eating ice cream.

db
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    dirtybob wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

It's more accurate than you are implying. They've issued their statement months ago; just because people keep asking does not oblige them to keep restating their stance. They've said no current plans, and since they haven't issued any further statements it is obvious they haven't changed that stance.

Like I said, it's admirable to keep trying and keep asking, but that does not give anyone the right to petulantly demand a new statement. 10c has given their stance, and the people signing this petition have said they don't accept that stance. If 10c decides to change their stance, they would then let you know. Otherwise their most recent statement holds. That's just logic. Bouncing up and down in the back seat yelling "now can we have ice cream daddy? NOW can we have ice cream daddy!? Noooow can we have ice cream daddy? Can we have ice cream NOW daddy?" does not oblige daddy to say "No, we cannot have ice cream now" every time. If daddy changes his mind, you'll know. Because you'll be eating ice cream.

db

...and what about Cameron Crowe being the uncle who owns an ice cream store, that we tried once and LOVED who told us that he would speak to our parents about our love of this specific limited edition ice cream about 4 weeks ago and promised he'd get back to us? ...and what about 10c giving limited edition ice cream to our siblings but running out as there wasn't enough for all of us? what about 10c having some of the limited edition ice cream melt on our siblings as they couldn't deliver the ice cream properly?

(if you are gonna do an anology, follow through with it, will ya'??) ;)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

...and what about Cameron Crowe being the uncle who owns an ice cream store, that we tried once and LOVED who told us that he would speak to our parents about our love of this specific limited edition ice cream about 4 weeks ago and promised he'd get back to us? ...and what about 10c giving limited edition ice cream to our siblings but running out as there wasn't enough for all of us? what about 10c having some of the limited edition ice cream melt on our siblings as they couldn't deliver the ice cream properly?

That's over complicating the issue to make it look different than it is... Like I said, they've already stated their position. Obviously there are many things going on behind the scenes, as you outlined, but that changes nothing. They made their statement, and until something changes that actually enables or causes them to alter their position (and not simply something WE think should alter their stance) their statement should be respected. What I was addressing was the members acting like 10c should be repeating their stance simply because more people are asking the same question.

What's got me irked here are the posts that stink of entitlement. And granted, that is NOT the majority of the posts. It is a minority, absolutely. But stink is stink, and it spreads and sticks to everything around it.

db
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,996
    skanji32 wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

10c limited edition ice cream :lol:
    One of the best posts I've read in a while. Though if they can't ship DVDs and Blu-Rays in a timely fashion if I ordered 10c limited ice cream I'd expect 10c limited edition sour cream when it arrived.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Can't wait to have the opportunity to get my hands on one of these!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    If you build it, they will come

re-stock

BUMP
    In love with music
  • Options
    dirtybob wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

db
    "the people signing this petition have said they don't accept that stance"

I do not agree,...most of the people signing this petition are doing so in the hope they can change the minds of the powers that be,...so they will re-evaluate this situation and see that there could be a solution to appease loyal members of the ten club. This is usually what petitions are meant for in any cause,..a chance for people to speak up and see if alternate solutions can be brought forward. Decisions can be overturned,..happens all the time. If you're passionate about something, its worth a try.
  • Options
    nc_jammer wrote:

"The people signing this petition have said they don't accept that stance."

I do not agree,...most of the people signing this petition are doing so in the hope they can change the minds of the powers that be,...so they will re-evaluate this situation and see that there could be a solution to appease loyal members of the ten club. This is usually what petitions are meant for in any cause,..a chance for people to speak up and see if alternate solutions can be brought forward. Decisions can be overturned,..happens all the time. If you're passionate about something, its worth a try.

Um, that's exactly what I meant by the sentence you quoted to say you disagree with me... 10c said no plans for more, people are signing this petition to contest that, I.e. in the hopes of an alternate solution... I.e., please change your minds and make plans to produce more... I didn't think it was that confusing. Maybe I tried to say too much with too few words and it got messy... At any rate, I hope it's clear now.

db
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    skanji32 wrote:
    dirtybob wrote:

db

I like noodles...they're kind of like ice cream, but don't really look or taste anything like ice cream. Noodles are funny like that.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    A friend of mine is sending me my copies of the DVDs she was able to get.
    It makes me sad I will have this as a non original copy.

I would love to have those in BD format. Original. Well... that's life.
    In love with music
  • Options
    up
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Big Bump... hangin to see the extras...
  • Options
    Quiet weekend"...........
  • Options
    Was just thinking.....
    Which isnt always a good thing... but..

It would have been a good way to boost 10c members/membership if u had to be a member
    to purchase this baby... just sayin' :)

Also just noticed all the sizes except for S have sold in the PJ20 Tees..
  • Options
    bump into monday arvo...
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    Just watched the movie again yesterday....so wish I had the other 2 dvds to watch :cry:
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    ItsOKaye wrote:
    Just watched the movie again yesterday....so wish I had the other 2 dvds to watch :cry:

I couldnt wait to watch it again after walking out of the movie theatre...

Same as u.. wishing I had the set...
  • Options
    just do it
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    BUMP
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    M. Y. T. H. S. Believe in a game,controls and keeps us in our box of fear, we never listen voice inside so drown out ,drowned you are...

WE ALL BELIEVE!!!
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Weekly bumperoo.

I'm still quite interested in WHY the decision for the limited release was made. I've got my left eyebrow up in its "Really? Seriously? You're fucking kidding me, right?!" stance already.
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    BUMP
  • Options
    PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    ... bump? hmmm... yeah. Definately bump.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • Options
    Ladies and Gentleman... it's timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Let's get ready to BUMP!
    In love with music
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Would anyone be offended if they said "Sorry guys, were not going to do this", and then locked this thread?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021