Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    Jeff side wrote:
    Why does it make no sense? There is a bunch of leaked Kevin Shuss shot shows that are circulating...
    The same shit that's in the movie!!! But unseen by you guys!!
    You're telling me you have no interest in see both nights of Red Rocks '95 shot by Kevin but you have to have this?
    What about Orpheum '94? No interest in seeing that either?

I get your point now but I think there's a difference in the two. Of course I'd like to see the aforementioned but you can't compare them with the limited edition set. I'd rather see a variety of eras than just the one show from the same era.
  • Options
    Add me to the petition!

I decided to wait for more details of the extras before deciding whether or not to purchase the Limited Edition Blu Ray but, alas, my pondering has led to me missing out.

Buying the single disc version has just whetted my appetite for more extras. Ho hum!
  • Options
    Please make more. Why wouldn't all the bonus footage be available to all fans? It doesn't make sense to me personally.
    Floyd
  • Options
    Jeff side wrote:
    Why does it make no sense? There is a bunch of leaked Kevin Shuss shot shows that are circulating...
    The same shit that's in the movie!!! But unseen by you guys!!
    You're telling me you have no interest in see both nights of Red Rocks '95 shot by Kevin but you have to have this?
    What about Orpheum '94? No interest in seeing that either?

I get your point now but I think there's a difference in the two. Of course I'd like to see the aforementioned but you can't compare them with the limited edition set. I'd rather see a variety of eras than just the one show from the same era.

I understand the difference too and I'm not trying to be a dick but some of these excuses are crazy!
    There is MUCH better footage floating around the trading communities than is in this movie...
    They cut the 3 best songs out of "The Kids Are Alright" after saying every song is included in it's entirety...
    Breath '91, State of Love & Trust from the Singles party & Hunger Strike from the RIP party!!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,608
    Jeff side wrote:
    To say this is disgusting is understatement. $500. I know it's been taken down now but it still doesn't make it any better. Shame on the club. It's their fault for creating this market for sellers (or should I say scalpers) and every person who has posted in this thread (the true fans) are left in the cold. I'll certainly remember this when my membership expires next year.

Ten Club doesn't respond to threats...
    Just ask my buddy, who will remain nameless, who lost his x,xxx fan club number.
    Ya, He's not thrilled!

If you don't like how they run their club just quit and form your own band and run the fan club the way you want!

What was his violation?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Jeff side wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Tracer wrote:

Oh someone that got one said theirs had 23 on it, was purchased from the 10c.. dunno then,..

Ed incorporates "23" into just about anything he can...
    It's a shout out to Michael Jordan & also Ed's day of birth.

Yeah thats why the person was stoked they got 23... I dunno need to ask someone else that one..
  • Options
    Add me to the petition!

I would love to add this DELUXE edition to my collection. And I would rather send my money to the club than someone selling a copy on Ebay.
  • Options
    Bumpity Bump .....

Lets keep on track today and get some more sigs :)
  • Options
    TracerTracer Posts: 104
    aus_suz wrote:
    Yeah thats why the person was stoked they got 23... I dunno need to ask someone else that one..

They all had 23 on them.
  • Options
    Jeff side wrote:

I understand the difference too and I'm not trying to be a dick but some of these excuses are crazy!
    There is MUCH better footage floating around the trading communities than is in this movie...
    They cut the 3 best songs out of "The Kids Are Alright" after saying every song is included in it's entirety...
    Breath '91, State of Love & Trust from the Singles party & Hunger Strike from the RIP party!!

That's cool man. I can agree to disagree. Didn't realise that those three were cut out of it. That's disappointing.
  • Options
    IMO "Pearl Jam as a whole" (the band, employees, 10c) give off this vibe of doing what is right and taking care of everyone yet they create situations like this that make you wonder wtf the "vibe" they want to give off even means...is it just a bunch of bs?

I would like to know the reasoning as to why it was a limited edition? Just tell me why. That's all I want to know. Maybe they know something that makes great sense that I just can't put my finger on.
  • Options
    nc_jammer wrote:
    Is it true that anyone and their grandmother could have ordered these Limited Edition sets? (And was there a cap on the quantity ordered?)

If so, they should have initially been made available only to Ten Club members, as a pre-sale opportunity. Then maybe after the official release, the product would be opened up to the general public.

I mean, the major reason to be a part of any fanclub is for the perks...the most up-to-date info on the band, pre-sale tickets & merch, and the possibility of the best seats in the house. But if the club is going to start opening up the good stuff to the general public, then that lessens the exclusivity of being in the club.

It's honestly pretty sad that enough of these sets weren't produced so that someone who would need to wait until the next pay period wouldn't have a chance in hell to get one.

Guess I'll be scoping out ebay everyday for now...i'm sure some non-fan "Top Rated Seller" is drooling over the dough they're gonna get from a true fan. :roll:

Totally agree with your post,... perks for 10C members is where its at,... I keep shelling out the cash to be in the club,...so that would have been expected. Presale to "members only" at least until after the PBS special aired would have been appreciated.

About the limited thing,..are these sets actually numbered? Doesn't make sense to me,..its a brand new movie production,..why limit a good thing about a band that has inspired of for so many years. Plain and simple,..we want to see it!

I could actually understand a limited release of the MTV unplugged or something like that. They were sold in mass production with the Ten Reissue,...go figure.

rock n roll.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    JWTJWT Posts: 1
    Please release more deluxe DVD editions! Thank you.
  • Options
    markinsand wrote:
    I rec'd a message just now:

Hello XXX,

Thanks for your email. Understood. There was an email sent on September 20th when these became available.

Sorry, the PJ20 Limited Edition Deluxe DVD & Blu Ray are Sold Out. Basically everything that was made has sold.

There is no plan to press more copies, but in the case that more of these become available, we will let 10C members know first.

The Standard Edition Single Disc Version is Available online, the Blu-ray Single Disc Version is being sold through Best Buy, and there is a Digital Version of the Movie & The Kids Are Twenty through iTunes:
    http://www.pj20.com/pre-order/

Pearl Jam Twenty - Single Disc DVD (Ten Club, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy)
    Pearl Jam Twenty – Single Disc Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive)
    Pearl Jam Twenty Digital – iTunes
    The Kids Are Twenty Digital – iTunes

Please be sure to add <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donotreply@lists.pearljam.com">donotreply@lists.pearljam.com</a><!-- e -->, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:noreply@tenclub.net">noreply@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> & <!-- e --><a href="mailto:webmaster@tenclub.net">webmaster@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> to your email address book so you will not miss updates.

Also Stay Posted to the site and forum for any future updates.

Check Out: http://www.pj20.com/

Thank You for your continued support!!
    Best Regards,
    10c

i'm sayin......i dont know how many of these were initially made, but unless the demand for this limited edition box set gets up into the thousands, unfortunately there will not be a repressing. so many things in pop culture that people want to have re-issued or re-pressed or re-printed and the hype builds up for years and nothing comes of it....books, music, movies, whatever...nothing comes of it because the publisher or whomever can't warrant the recreation just because a few hundred people are begging for it. some movies, although great films, are just out of print....good example: the movie, The Beach...not in print anymore on DVD, and apparently no plans for a blu-ray...weird random example but it is what it is. hate the reality of it, but yeah, that ebay post that was taken down is pretty much how it's gonna be...exorbitant prices. wouldn't doubt it was taken down because either the person is a ten club member and maybe got snagged, if that's even possible with this product (?), or the seller got a private offer for a close amount and took it down?....who knows. but yeah...secondary market.

my girl DVR'd the PBS broadcast for me cuz at this point i still refuse to buy the dvd or the stand-alone blu-ray...i'm holding out that the Ten Club is going to order another lot of these, or that in another month or so they'll start showing up on ebay for cheaper. that $500 bullsh*t is ridiculous, someone out there will let it go for $100 eventually. even if it's used.

alright, dinnertime. keep on rockin in the free world.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Please get more Ten Club
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    markinsand wrote:
    IMO "Pearl Jam as a whole" (the band, employees, 10c) give off this vibe of doing what is right and taking care of everyone yet they create situations like this that make you wonder wtf the "vibe" they want to give off even means...is it just a bunch of bs?

I would like to know the reasoning as to why it was a limited edition? Just tell me why. That's all I want to know. Maybe they know something that makes great sense that I just can't put my finger on.

I wonder if it was a deal with Best Buy. i.e. PJ20 bluray can only be purchased through best buy and Pearl jam.com would stop selling the Limited edition deluxe sets once Bestbuy was able to sell the standard version and their is some contract?

If so I think it was a bad choice I mean hype up this movie all year and then this?
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    redkeeth wrote:
    markinsand wrote:

I wonder if it was a deal with Best Buy. i.e. PJ20 bluray can only be purchased through best buy and Pearl jam.com would stop selling the Limited edition deluxe sets once Bestbuy was able to sell the standard version and their is some contract?

If so I think it was a bad choice I mean hype up this movie all year and then this?

some weird deal they have, why the standard Blu-Ray is not available here??? Why Best Buy and no Target??? I guess is because is a Sony Release...
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    C'mon 10C, make more available. We the "faithful" deserve more. 20 years of dedication and you can't sell/press more Blu-Rays? It's not like we're asking them for free, we will pay!
    Buffalo '96, Knoxville '98, Nashville '00, Hershey '03, Camden '03, Nashville '03, Cincy '06, Chicago '07, EV Chicago '08, EV Nashville '09, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, Indy '10, NYC, MSG#2 '10, EV Chicago #1 '11, EV Chicago #2 '11, Wrigley '13, Buffalo '13, St. Louis '14, Philly #1, Philly #2 '16, Toronto #1, Toronto #2 '16,
  • Options
    Please stock more Deluxe DVDs. fans have waited "years" for this. Thanks for all you do!!!
  • Options
    I'm going to keep bumping this, sending tweets to Pearl Jam and Mike, and just being a complete pain until someone out there can tell us WHY.

I'm beginning to suspect the Best Buy deal has something to do with this. If that's the case - very poor form.

If that's not the case, hey, I'd love someone from Pearl Jam or Ten Club to tell me the real reason!
  • Options
    Petition Signed

Please Press More PJ20 Deluxe Limited Edition Blu-Ray DVD's!

Fan since the beginning. Can't understand why a band dedicated to making it's work accessible for all its fans (Ticketmaster? Official Bootlegs?) would shut out die hard fans from owning this by having so few of these available. Those who have the limited edition sets and are upset about more being released seem to be out of touch with the truth of Pearl Jam...amazing music made available to all fans. If there is concern that pressing more will affect the value of the first run, then make the next batch with a plain cover or something. That way the first run will remain distinct, and every one else can celebrate 20 amazing years by being able to buy the DVD's. Come on Pearl Jam, please step up and help us out! After all, I'm not buying this for my investment portfolio, I'm buying it because I'm a fan.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    What's upsetting is you saying Pearl Jam shut you out like it was on purpose. You & a bunch of others simply missed out. Stay patient, & you never know.
    Petition Signed

Please Press More PJ20 Deluxe Limited Edition Blu-Ray DVD's!

Fan since the beginning. Can't understand why a band dedicated to making it's work accessible for all its fans (Ticketmaster? Official Bootlegs?) would shut out die hard fans from owning this by having so few of these available. Those who have the limited edition sets and are upset about more being released seem to be out of touch with the truth of Pearl Jam...amazing music made available to all fans. If there is concern that pressing more will affect the value of the first run, then make the next batch with a plain cover or something. That way the first run will remain distinct, and every one else can celebrate 20 amazing years by being able to buy the DVD's. Come on Pearl Jam, please step up and help us out! After all, I'm not buying this for my investment portfolio, I'm buying it because I'm a fan.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Didn't say they did it on purpose. Asking them to fix what seems like poor planning. A dvd edition with hours of extra's celebrating 20 years of an incredible career right before the holidays and they didn't make enough and don't plan on making more? Doesn't make sense. This is the type of situation that drives merchandise prices up and out of reach for a majority of the fans.
  • Options
    Pearl JimPearl Jim Posts: 182
    I don't know... the icons are still up on the DVD page -
    Maybe more on the way???????
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Pearl Jim wrote:
    I don't know... the icons are still up on the DVD page -
    Maybe more on the way???????

Someone posted a recent email from 10C that stated there were no plans to make more. Keep hope alive though.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Bumpity Bump..

Love seeing sigs from 1st time posters :)
  • Options
    JammittJammitt Posts: 37
    Have downloaded Kids are Twenty from itunes and its unplayable and I can't even burn it to disc.
    Please Ten Club I need a physical copy!
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    It's time to take this to the next level. This post is 15 days old and has engaged so many of us to the tune of 54 pages worth of posts in that time.

Here's what I suggest, and feel free to add.
    - perhaps a couple of can go through this entire thread and list all forum members who signed the petition
    - on November 2, it will be 20 days since the petition began
    - on that day, all those who have signed the petition will send one message to the following people via email, twitter, facebook, etc...:
    * Cameron Crowe
    * 10club
    * The editors of PJ20
    - we all should have a consistent message asking for a decision on the LE BluRay/DVD. Ask for a resolution to meet the demand - either release more so we can all buy legally or allow in the free trading of the disc for the so many of us that didn't get a chance to purchase.

Thoughts?? I think it's time to take this to the next level. What else can we do? But I do agree that it's awesome to see so many new users come in to support the cause.

I just get the feeling that we need one big push and then let the chips lie where they may. I know it's getting tougher and tougher to keep coming here on a daily basis looking for an answer.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    It's time to take this to the next level. This post is 15 days old and has engaged so many of us to the tune of 54 pages worth of posts in that time.

Here's what I suggest, and feel free to add.
    - perhaps a couple of can go through this entire thread and list all forum members who signed the petition
    - on November 2, it will be 20 days since the petition began
    - on that day, all those who have signed the petition will send one message to the following people via email, twitter, facebook, etc...:
    * Cameron Crowe
    * 10club
    * The editors of PJ20
    - we all should have a consistent message asking for a decision on the LE BluRay/DVD. Ask for a resolution to meet the demand - either release more so we can all buy legally or allow in the free trading of the disc for the so many of us that didn't get a chance to purchase.

Thoughts?? I think it's time to take this to the next level. What else can we do? But I do agree that it's awesome to see so many new users come in to support the cause.

I just get the feeling that we need one big push and then let the chips lie where they may. I know it's getting tougher and tougher to keep coming here on a daily basis looking for an answer.

I'd be up for doing something like this but at this stage, I don't know what good it will do. The fact that the club are remaining so silent on this issue is almost insulting at this stage. But yeah, we need to try anything to get their attention now.
  • Options
    I was just going to post, but noticed at least one other person mentioned this (sorry, i have not read all 1,238 pages) - I do wonder if there is a window in their deal with Best Buy (and maybe, iTunes) when they agreed not to sell. To those thinking that's a curious thing, here are some suppositions that lead me to that conclusion:

1) It's very possible (maybe even probable) that Best Buy (and maybe iTunes) paid extra for their sole possession of these items for this particular time frame.
    2) The item has been up in Goods for A LOT longer than any other sold out item that never came back has been (other items have been up longer, but they've restocked at some point and then been sold out again).
    3) Back log in production leading to backlog in shipping. We (as in a group, not necessarily you and me) criticize 10C on EVERYTHING. Cutting them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they realized that this problem was coming and cut off sales (SOLD OUT) early to minimize the "damage." They then communicated this when it was obvious what they could actually say (as opposed to the moment they realized what was happening, but didn't have all the information). I think too often around here some folks think 10C is maliciously out to get them when in fact, all they are trying to do is serve us best (it's a fan club, not a box store). (I am not trying to kiss ass here. There are some obvious problems. But, I don't think every (or even most) instance(s) rises to the point of anger that is exhibited).

So, 2 things seem to have to happen before they can even think of another round of these - a) get the backlog of orders they already have out and b) get past these exclusivity periods they've already negotiated.

And perhaps there is a c) get folks past their anger over it. I would not be the least bit surprised if some time early next year these were made available again (Amazon's hold is until Christmas) - in a limited supply. And folks will somehow be pissed about that, too. They can't win.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.