Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    I would definetly buy if they would restock.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    So if they re-released this through a super deluxe edition would you buy it? I'm talking the CD's Vinyl Blu Ray, plus PJ 20 mini posters, and misc items similar to TEN and Vs/Vitaolgy? Just curious what people would be willing to do to get these.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Please re-stock :cry:
  • Options
    PSUS2H wrote:
    So if they re-released this through a super deluxe edition would you buy it? I'm talking the CD's Vinyl Blu Ray, plus PJ 20 mini posters, and misc items similar to TEN and Vs/Vitaolgy? Just curious what people would be willing to do to get these.

Are we talking now or in 20 years time? ;)
  • Options
    JM82124JM82124 Posts: 14
    PSUS2H wrote:

Yes Indeedy do I would buy it! :idea:
    In the past when these things came out, we all had the "meat" of it...it was the extra tracks, live material,
    different formats (lp/cd/dvd/blu-ray) that suck us (me) in.
    But for me, I'm an Graphic Artist/Art Director. Been doing graphic design/printing for over 20 years.
    The last two "Super Deluxes Sets" where awesome. That shit is top quality product....
    Excellent packageing, graphics, print quality, photography..etc..
    I wont get into the posters... :D

If we never see a re-release or at least "The Kids Are Twenty" out on disc, that box set would be priceless!
  • Options
    No problem just keeping fingers crossed that we all get our hands on one of these beauties someway or somehow. Keep the petition alive. Like the saying goes good things come to those who wait.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    redkeeth wrote:
    However the really thin paper disc case kinda seems weird for a best buy exclusive?

the type and size of the packaging seems to be identical to water on the road.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    mr_canada wrote:
    So 300 + peeps would like another batch made. Considering some want BLURAY and some DVD that doesn't seem like nearly enough demand to print more. I'd say 10C did a pretty good job in selecting the number to be printed. Imagine if they printed 1000 more of each the BLURAY and DVD...they'd be stuck with a bunch of dead inventory. For all the fuss that has gone down in the last couple weeks it seems to me like it was way overblown. I guess it means that those who ordered multiple copies won't be fetching as much money as they once thought. I predict you'll get these on eBay for just over cost in due time.

Obama / Biden 2012 :D

There also will be fans even new fans that come along later that will want a piece of this important history...
    10c wont get stuck with them anyway ... they will sell.. its not a once of item..
  • Options
    Have they ever said WHY they aren't making more? Or are the people in charge of Ten Club still IGNORING us when we ask that question? It's insulting.

Oh, and to the person at Ten Club who put up that video from The Kids are Twenty on the home page, thanks for rubbing it in!
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    So 300 + peeps would like another batch made. Considering some want BLURAY and some DVD that doesn't seem like nearly enough demand to print more. I'd say 10C did a pretty good job in selecting the number to be printed. Imagine if they printed 1000 more of each the BLURAY and DVD...they'd be stuck with a bunch of dead inventory. For all the fuss that has gone down in the last couple weeks it seems to me like it was way overblown. I guess it means that those who ordered multiple copies won't be fetching as much money as they once thought. I predict you'll get these on eBay for just over cost in due time.

Obama / Biden 2012 :D

That 317 10c members that missed out ..... Faithfull fans..
  • Options
    It's confirmed now that the sets ARE NOT numbered. So what gives Ten Club? What's stopping you from another pressing? Even enough to cover the demand of all the people in this petition would be fair.

I received confirmation they werent the other day..
  • Options
    Just spoke with a very nice lady from the 10 Club who said they are completely sold out of the Limited Edition Blueray. I then asked if the petition was worth the effort and she said they read everything on the boards and that to keep checking back daily. She did not know if they were going to release the other two discs separately. So I hope our voices are heard and they release some more copies. She also was curious to see what was on disc 3. I will continue to check back on the boards for ther latest news.

The questions I have emailed I have received replies very promptly from 10c
    they have been really nice.. I dont think we are being a pain like someone suggested
    a few pages back..

Thnks for letting us know..
  • Options
    Have they ever said WHY they aren't making more? Or are the people in charge of Ten Club still IGNORING us when we ask that question? It's insulting.

Oh, and to the person at Ten Club who put up that video from The Kids are Twenty on the home page, thanks for rubbing it in!

I dont think they are ignoring us as I said my emails I have sent they have answered.
    I dont think they have anything to tell us at the moment...
    I guess they are waiting to hear what the go is ..
  • Options
    i will buy one one...signed!
    The moon still follows me overhead...
  • Options
    and a backpack- worth 80 bucks because i will have it for the rest of my life.. can't see paying the 'market value' though- absurd.
    The moon still follows me overhead...
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    aus_suz wrote:
    I dont think they are ignoring us as I said my emails I have sent they have answered.

thanks for your efforts on this aus_suz

it would really be nice to know if there will be more dvd deluxe made available.....i really want to see the film again and i am holding off on purchasing the standard edition

waiting.....patiently.....
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
    Add me to the list. I am a bonehead for not jumping on it.
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

it would really be nice to know if there will be more dvd deluxe made available.....i really want to see the film again and i am holding off on purchasing the standard edition

Sweet Oblivion has done an awesome job compiling all the names..
  • Options
    markinsand wrote:
    I rec'd a message just now:

Hello XXX,

Thanks for your email. Understood. There was an email sent on September 20th when these became available.

Sorry, the PJ20 Limited Edition Deluxe DVD & Blu Ray are Sold Out. Basically everything that was made has sold.

There is no plan to press more copies, but in the case that more of these become available, we will let 10C members know first.

The Standard Edition Single Disc Version is Available online, the Blu-ray Single Disc Version is being sold through Best Buy, and there is a Digital Version of the Movie & The Kids Are Twenty through iTunes:
    http://www.pj20.com/pre-order/

Pearl Jam Twenty - Single Disc DVD (Ten Club, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy)
    Pearl Jam Twenty – Single Disc Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive)
    Pearl Jam Twenty Digital – iTunes
    The Kids Are Twenty Digital – iTunes

Please be sure to add <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donotreply@lists.pearljam.com">donotreply@lists.pearljam.com</a><!-- e -->, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:noreply@tenclub.net">noreply@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> & <!-- e --><a href="mailto:webmaster@tenclub.net">webmaster@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> to your email address book so you will not miss updates.

Also Stay Posted to the site and forum for any future updates.

Check Out: http://www.pj20.com/

Thank You for your continued support!!
    Best Regards,
    10c

yeah about that digital copy through iTunes, i'd be more than happy if i could purchase The Kids Are Twenty through iTunes but it's not available anywhere outside of America.
    so either make more of these deluxe blu rays or make it digitally available to ALL fans WORLDWIDE
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Sweet Oblivion has done an awesome job compiling all the names..

Thanks. It was no problem really. I'm continuing to update that post with all the names that have signed since then. 324 at the moment.
  • Options
    I would buy one if it came back, not complaining I missed the chance, but still want one. :)
  • Options
    xunbrokenx wrote:
    markinsand wrote:
    yeah about that digital copy through iTunes, i'd be more than happy if i could purchase The Kids Are Twenty through iTunes but it's not available anywhere outside of America.
    so either make more of these deluxe blu rays or make it digitally available to ALL fans WORLDWIDE

There is absolutely NO REASON for the bonus footage to be available elsewhere... Instead of HERE! Any fan eager enough to want discs 2 & 3 should be a 10C member with exclusive rights to order a deluxe edition that is not "sold out" before production has even finished.

Ten Club do so much good and work really hard in so many areas but with this stuff it seems like a battle against common sense. For the benefit of those who care put this out in a brown paper sleeve and make a crowd happy :D
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    To the ignorant who are saying that there are only 3xx people who didn't get it, so the 10c did a good job in predicting numbers, that's absolute garbage. You honestly think *every* fan comes into the forums to voice their displeasure? How many threads have we seen started on a daily basis asking about the bluray that Kat has to shut down?? There are tons more of us, and if one thing defines our fanbase, it's that we don't let things go that we feel strongly about easily.

I'm working on a different angle and if it works, will have some news during the weekend.

Keep up the good fight everyone. Solidarity forever. ;)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    RITFWinCO wrote:
    Add me to the list. I am a bonehead for not jumping on it.

Ditto. Been kicking myself for weeks! Re-stock, please!
  • Options
    Thanks again to everyone who never/doesn't post here often to let their voices be heard. And if there's anyone out there who hasn't posted yet but wants this set, please add your name. Would be much appreciated by all of us here. :)
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    How much would you guys donate to the Wishlist Foundation to get one of these? Sometimes you have to give to get. I have friends that have Penguins season tickets, and when they need something (autographed item, new season ticket location, ect) they always give priority to folks who have donated to the Mario Lemieux foundation.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    xunbrokenx wrote:
    markinsand wrote:
    I rec'd a message just now:

Hello XXX,

Thanks for your email. Understood. There was an email sent on September 20th when these became available.

Sorry, the PJ20 Limited Edition Deluxe DVD & Blu Ray are Sold Out. Basically everything that was made has sold.

There is no plan to press more copies, but in the case that more of these become available, we will let 10C members know first.

The Standard Edition Single Disc Version is Available online, the Blu-ray Single Disc Version is being sold through Best Buy, and there is a Digital Version of the Movie & The Kids Are Twenty through iTunes:
    http://www.pj20.com/pre-order/

Pearl Jam Twenty - Single Disc DVD (Ten Club, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy)
    Pearl Jam Twenty – Single Disc Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive)
    Pearl Jam Twenty Digital – iTunes
    The Kids Are Twenty Digital – iTunes

Please be sure to add <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donotreply@lists.pearljam.com">donotreply@lists.pearljam.com</a><!-- e -->, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:noreply@tenclub.net">noreply@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> & <!-- e --><a href="mailto:webmaster@tenclub.net">webmaster@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> to your email address book so you will not miss updates.

Also Stay Posted to the site and forum for any future updates.

Check Out: http://www.pj20.com/

Thank You for your continued support!!
    Best Regards,
    10c

I agree with you totally. It's bad enough making so few copies that not everyone gets chance to buy but it becomes almost unbearable when you cant even download the footage outside of the US. I would have thought issues like this would be sorted prior to their biggest release celebrating their 20 year milestone
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    I already sent them an email asking them to restock it. The reply was the same one going around this thread. I get the idea of a limited edition, but is this really a NUMBERED limited edition? I saw nothing indicating that. Surely Pearl Jam fans who bought this are not so selfish as to mind if more are pressed so other Pearl Jam fans can have it too. "Wait I bought this because it was LIMITED! Now it's less limited! You have ruined it all for me!" I think the edition is way too limited if both the DVD and the Blu Ray sold out well before the release date.

Lastly, please add my name to this petition. I too want the deluxe Blu Ray set.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    skanji32 wrote:
    To the ignorant who are saying that there are only 3xx people who didn't get it, so the 10c did a good job in predicting numbers, that's absolute garbage. You honestly think *every* fan comes into the forums to voice their displeasure? How many threads have we seen started on a daily basis asking about the bluray that Kat has to shut down?? There are tons more of us, and if one thing defines our fanbase, it's that we don't let things go that we feel strongly about easily.

I'm working on a different angle and if it works, will have some news during the weekend.

Keep up the good fight everyone. Solidarity forever. ;)
    :? I'm interested in this "other angle"...Let us know what you find out.
    MLMF Det