Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    All the limited items that come to mind that have been sold on the site...
    have all had one thing in common..

One item per 10c member....

And if you order more than one doesnt it get cancelled?...

This wasnt the case with the Blu Ray or the DVD..
    U could order as many as you could afford and u didnt have to be
    a 10c member.[/quote]

this is a good point. also consider the fact that there is no standard edition blu listed. anyone who wanted blu had to order the special edition or nothing. Then we find out that Best Buy has an exclusive but only on the single disc. I think that only increased peoples confidence that they could order through the club. This whole thing really seems like something went wrong in the planning stage.
    “The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson
  • Options
    i got paid today and wanted to order this. i'm so bummed.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    i'd buy it
    i like sound...
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    davidos wrote:
    I bet you PBS will be selling the Limited DVD and Blu-Ray tonight.... They usually sell something during these shows soliciting donations, etc.

I hope so.

There's a brilliant idea. Surprised it hasn't come up before your post.

Is it pledge drive season @PBS? I haven't been watching this week.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    sign me up
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    bat2144bat2144 Posts: 33
    I totally messed up and missed this.

Please please please give me a chance to buy one. Dvd or Bluray, I dont care.
    i was a fool b/c i thought the world
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    regardless, the irony here is this thread is about a situation where the band could make a lot more money, but the limited product is preventing them doing so ;)

Maybe, but the way they did it will create/encourage a market on Ebay, etc. for flippers to turn around and rip fans off even more.

Additionally, it is quite possible and very feasible that PJ is doing this on purpose to create a high demand (of which you can see there already is) and magically find some extra copies "lying around the warehouse" or simply press more. Then, loads more people who didn't already shell out 60-70 bucks for a blu ray/dvd will do so.

Either way, it is still about making money for them.
  • Options
    egrossegross Posts: 10
    Sign me up for the DVD!
  • Options
    pjmanpjman Posts: 2
    I would love to buy the BluRay myself. If they are not restocked, I can't feel too bad about torrenting the extra footage that wont be available for purchase.
  • Options
    donravendonraven Posts: 139
    Signed

At the very least, to be able to get the content on the 2nd (this one is available on itunes) and 3rd disc. Since the 3rd disc is supposed to be about the fans, the fans should be able to watch it somehow (itunes, digital download purchase, disc)
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Signed
  • Options
    davidos wrote:
    I bet you PBS will be selling the Limited DVD and Blu-Ray tonight.... They usually sell something during these shows soliciting donations, etc.

I hope so.

While that would be great for the US fans, it's not so great for everyone everywhere else. Do PBS sell online or just by phone? And generally do they ship internationally?
  • Options
    donraven wrote:
    Signed

At the very least, to be able to get the content on the 2nd (this one is available on itunes) and 3rd disc. Since the 3rd disc is supposed to be about the fans, the fans should be able to watch it somehow (itunes, digital download purchase, disc)

Wow, that's on iTunes?

Hmmm...the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that these BS, anti-independent/anti-fan friendly exclusivity deals are the real reason behind this box set being limited, and nothing else.
  • Options
    Louied825Louied825 Posts: 132
    I am so pissed I want this. Cmon 10C free money make more and we will buy them
    Louie
  • Options
    Ivn1322Ivn1322 Posts: 68
    Bump. ;)
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    10c BLEW IT on this one.

I am becoming more disillusioned with this band and fanclub with each passing day. It's so obvious all they care about is making money. The whole point of them shifting away from Epic and starting Monkeywrench you would think would be to get away from the corporate machine....but really they're acting just like the bigwig companies they professed to hate back in the day.

What kind of band charges its fan club members to post on a board and sells large amounts of all kinds of ridiculous merchandise? They gouge the fans any chance they get and alienate large amounts of the fan base.

"Please I want to give you all my monies!"

I have been a loyal fan for 10 years and 10c member for 9 years but I'm pretty much done with this. I won't be renewing, I won't be buying any merch except maybe new music (the last 2 studio albums are trash). And for those who say "if you don't like it, don't buy it." That's not the point. The point is why is Pearl Jam so focused on producing all this merch crap. IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC. PJ always prided themselves on being underground and grassroots and making tickets and merch, etc. easily affordable for fans. This is not the case anymore.

It's painfully clear Pearl Jam has taken a 180 degree turn here. And to those who say "well hey that is how they make their money..." Guess what? Every single member of PJ is set for life, EASILY. The things they are doing and have been doing the past few years point to one thing: G R E E D.

bit rough, but be careful. opinions are frowned upon and/or not allowed in these parts anymore.

2011 fan club. it's evolution baby.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    10c BLEW IT on this one.

I am becoming more disillusioned with this band and fanclub with each passing day. It's so obvious all they care about is making money. The whole point of them shifting away from Epic and starting Monkeywrench you would think would be to get away from the corporate machine....but really they're acting just like the bigwig companies they professed to hate back in the day.

What kind of band charges its fan club members to post on a board and sells large amounts of all kinds of ridiculous merchandise? They gouge the fans any chance they get and alienate large amounts of the fan base.

"Please I want to give you all my monies!"

I have been a loyal fan for 10 years and 10c member for 9 years but I'm pretty much done with this. I won't be renewing, I won't be buying any merch except maybe new music (the last 2 studio albums are trash). And for those who say "if you don't like it, don't buy it." That's not the point. The point is why is Pearl Jam so focused on producing all this merch crap. IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC. PJ always prided themselves on being underground and grassroots and making tickets and merch, etc. easily affordable for fans. This is not the case anymore.

It's painfully clear Pearl Jam has taken a 180 degree turn here. And to those who say "well hey that is how they make their money..." Guess what? Every single member of PJ is set for life, EASILY. The things they are doing and have been doing the past few years point to one thing: G R E E D.

bit rough, but be careful. opinions are frowned upon and/or not allowed in these parts anymore.

2011 fan club. it's evolution baby.

I don't give a shit. I am not afraid of anyone or anything and I am not afraid to speak my mind.

It's especially frustrating because this is Pearl Jam we're talking about here. The band that was supposed to give a shit about its fans, the music and the like. And now here we are and they're selling us backpacks and keychains and socks and making things "exclusive" and "limited" and this and that. It's just garbage. It's total crap and it makes me sick. They're already set for life and they still want more and more and more of our money.
  • Options
    Considering Santos just posted a thread about the delayed delivery of these but didn't make any comment re: this petition, does anyone else think it's all in vain now? I hate to admit it but it doesn't look we're getting closer to our goal. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet but it just doesn't look good.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Considering Santos just posted a thread about the delayed delivery of these but didn't make any comment re: this petition, does anyone else think it's all in vain now? I hate to admit it but it doesn't look we're getting closer to our goal. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet but it just doesn't look good.

Never say Never....
  • Options
    FyrFytrFyrFytr Posts: 23
    My life has been very hectic lately, and ordering the Blu-Ray slipped my mind. I went to order it the other day, and it was sold out. VERY disappointed. I could give a shit about "limited edition' status. I just want to have the documentary in it's finest quality, and the extra discs of footage. I DON'T EVEN OWN A BLU-RAY PLAYER AT THIS TIME, that didn't stop me from buying Water on the Road though.

I love this band (while questioning some of their recent business decisions, like this one) and want to own the full PJ20 documentary experience. This isn't a backpack, or a laptop case. This is THE documentary of THE band, and THE fans. I can't believe it was some sort of limited edition run, never to me made available to many fans and 10C members.

Unfortunate, and unacceptable.
    -Greg
  • Options
    signed...
  • Options
    I'd like to re-remind everyone that Pearl Jam has a Twitter account.

http://twitter.com/#!/PearlJam

It couldn't hurt. Please let them know how you feel.
  • Options
    It would be awesome if they released more and kick myself for not picking it up when it was available!!
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    It's human nature to want something that other people don't have. Slap "limited" on anything and people will buy it. People say PJ fans are the best. Bullshit. Look all the people posting that they shouldn't make anymore DVDs because it will make theirs less limited. If you are a true fan you would want everyone to have a DVD if they want it.
  • Options
    And maybe also let Cameron Crowe what you think.

Hey, he even asked.

http://www.theuncool.com/2011/10/21/pea ... s-tonight/
  • Options
    Yes, please sell some more deluxe version blu ray of PJ Twenty!
  • Options
    Please sell some more limited edition blu ray PJ 20!
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Bump for the cause
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    bat2144bat2144 Posts: 33
    Limited edition posters, fine. Limited edition shirts, fine. Limited edition backpacks, hoodies, stickers, artwork of any kind, I understand. If a fan doesn't have a certain piece of pearl jam artwork, they can get over it pretty quickly.

But to deprive us of something of this magnitude, several hours of rare footage of our favorite band, is just cruel and mean and impossible to understand.

I've seen plenty of things over the last 5-10 years that people have complained about, but I never had an objection until this. Every tenclub member should have the chance to purchase this. I can't possibly fathom any of the band members thinking something along the lines of, "Well, they didn't buy it fast enough, so it's their own fault that they can't see all this great awesome footage that was compiled solely for fans to enjoy."

It's just pure lunacy. I can't wrap my head around it. I really can't. 14 years of tenclub membership fees, 34 concerts attended, 20-25 of those purchased via official bootleg, every album, every dvd, including deluxe edition Ten & Vs/Vitalogy box sets, somewhere between one and two dozen shirts/hoodies, and about 10 posters. That translates to several thousands of dollars HAPPILY spent over 20 years of loyalty and devotion.

And at the culmination and celebration of those 20 years, because I waited 3 weeks to gladly give another $60, I am completely denied any chance to own one of the most desirable items the band has ever released.

All I want is to give another $60 so that I can experience more of what the band has meant to all of us over these past 20 years, and for some reason, they don't want me to.

I just can't comprehend it.
    i was a fool b/c i thought the world
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    bat2144 wrote:
    Limited edition posters, fine. Limited edition shirts, fine. Limited edition backpacks, hoodies, stickers, artwork of any kind, I understand. If a fan doesn't have a certain piece of pearl jam artwork, they can get over it pretty quickly.

But to deprive us of something of this magnitude, several hours of rare footage of our favorite band, is just cruel and mean and impossible to understand.

I've seen plenty of things over the last 5-10 years that people have complained about, but I never had an objection until this. Every tenclub member should have the chance to purchase this. I can't possibly fathom any of the band members thinking something along the lines of, "Well, they didn't buy it fast enough, so it's their own fault that they can't see all this great awesome footage that was compiled solely for fans to enjoy."

It's just pure lunacy. I can't wrap my head around it. I really can't. 14 years of tenclub membership fees, 34 concerts attended, 20-25 of those purchased via official bootleg, every album, every dvd, including deluxe edition Ten & Vs/Vitalogy box sets, somewhere between one and two dozen shirts/hoodies, and about 10 posters. That translates to several thousands of dollars HAPPILY spent over 20 years of loyalty and devotion.

And at the culmination and celebration of those 20 years, because I waited 3 weeks to gladly give another $60, I am completely denied any chance to own one of the most desirable items the band has ever released.

All I want is to give another $60 so that I can experience more of what the band has meant to all of us over these past 20 years, and for some reason, they don't want me to.

I just can't comprehend it.
    *like*