Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    yes please do even if it is just the bonus footage. Is the bonus footage blu-ray or DVD?

if it is DVD it can be bootlegged and sold on eBay all day long right?
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Thanks! Told ya I probably didn't know what I was talking about!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    Watch it will be re-released in 2 months with free shipping the Vault CD and some of them signed by the band.
  • Options
    TH1378TH1378 Posts: 1
    PLEASE make more available!!!!
  • Options
    With LostTurntable's thread re: the restock of the limited edition locked, I guess we should take the discussion here. So basically they're not making anymore? No alternative packaging re-release? No selling of discs 2 and 3 seperately? Is that seriously it? These sets are overpriced to begin with, yet, there's still a huge amount of people here who want to buy them. I really can't believe this. You know, if I end up paying over the odds for this set, I probably won't have enough funds to cover next year's renewal to the club (*cough cough*).
  • Options
    Since my thread was locked (even though it brought up NEW topics not discussed here) I'll cut and paste my post here since, as I said, it brings up some topics that have not been discussed:

So I sent them an email asking them not only if the Deluxe Blu-Ray set would be made available again, but why it was made in such limited quantities in the first place.

This was the first response I got:
    Sorry, the Deluxe DVD/Blu Ray are sold out. Everything that was made has sold.
    The Standard Editions are available online & through local retailers.

Of course, that answered neither of my questions, and it was wrong. The Standard Edition of the Blu-ray is only available at Best Buy until AFTER Christmas, because Pearl Jam apparently no longer cares about independent stores.

I pointed that out to them, and then I got this email:
    Items are made in limited quantities for various reasons, but most importantly by request of the band.

Sorry for the incorrect info below. You are correct in that it is only available through Best Buy.

Please know this item was in stock through http://www.pearljam.com 24 hours a day for exactly 24 day [sic]. We are sorry you did not have a chance to purchase one before they sold out. At present time there are no plans of manufacturing any more.

So, for those keeping score at home. Pearl Jam were the ones who decided that Best Buy, a corporate chain known for semi-illegal business practices and fraud, should be the only store that profits off the Blu-ray during the holiday season. It was Pearl Jam who decided that only fans who can spend their money right away would be the ones who could get the edition of the DVD/Blu-ray that they would care the most about.

I understand the concept of limited editions and special items. You're not going to see me complain about a poster being pulled or the scarcity of white Backspacer records. Why? Because those aren't stopping me from getting what really matters: audio/video footage of the band.

Songs should not be made scarce on purpose. Video should not be made scarce on purpose. There is absolutely NO REASON for it all all. NONE. It does two things:

1. Pisses off fans who may not always have disposable income at the right moment. Which I bet a lot of us didn't after the Canadian tour and PJ20 concert!

2. Creates a secondary market that is the same as scalping for tickets, something Pearl Jam isn't a fan of.

As for the Best Buy deal, the one that craps all over independent retailers, remember when Pearl jam crafted that deal with Target that still allowed them to sell the album at indie retailers? Here were some quotes I found from Kelly Curtis, regarding that deal:
    ""Target ended up allowing us to have other partners. We'll be able to take care of all levels of the Pearl Jam fan"

"Target was cool enough to realize that little independent record stores are not their competition."

"I make decisions around the band's business that are consistent with their overall philosophy, which is to sell music in a way that's accessible and affordable to their fans, on every distribution platform that their fans access music, and in a way that takes care of the little guys."

How anyone here can read those quotes and not think this two-pronged Blu-ray muck up isn't a slap in the face and hypocritical towards everything the band ever said is beyond me.

It's a depressing time to be a Pearl Jam fan.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    I just don't get why some people think they are the authority on limited editions. Why can't a Blu-ray be limited? Oh, because it contains audio/video footage of the band?

What about limited edition 7" singles with exclusive b-sides? Are they not allowed either?

It's weird that the set was limited but it was. That means not everyone got one. We don't know how many they sold or what the true demand would have been so it's pointless arguing about it. I hope everyone that wants one gets one. I hope that those that moaned about the price aren't the same people now moaning about not getting one. I hope they don't rerelease a cheaper set with the same content so that people who bought the high priced set when they maybe couldn't really afford it don't feel like they wasted some of their money. I hope a lot of things, but they never come to pass...
  • Options
    I'd love a second chance at getting an order for one!!
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    "Please know this item was in stock through http://www.pearljam.com 24 hours a day for exactly 24 day [sic]. We are sorry you did not have a chance to purchase one before they sold out. At present time there are no plans of manufacturing any more."

This is the response that kills me. The fact that it was available for 24 days is irrelevant. If it was limited then there was ever only a certain number in existence. If I got one in that timeframe that would have just meant that someone else who did get one wouldn't have.
  • Options
    beagsbeags Posts: 41
    The thing that upsets me the most, and sort of seems upsetting. Is that I feel many people, felt, myself included, that there wasn't enough info on what we were getting for the extra money. I was merely waiting for some accurate reports on what was on these mythical extra discs. Now somewhat unfairly only those with blind faith will get these discs. Ultimately I realize I can find a way to see this, and it's no big deal, it's just kind of strange to charge that much and only allow a certain amount produced and to sell out before anyone knows what the product even is.
  • Options
    We should just give up, if Pearl Jam thinks signing with Best Buy is okay, they sure as heck don't care about how the fans feel regarding this.
  • Options
    I for one, am taking that fact that this thread is still up and running as a good sign. And our benevolent masters of Goods will smile upon us for our tenacity.

Of course, I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time...

bleep blorp/reenk roink
    (fingers remained crossed)
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    This...from 10c

"Items are made in limited quantities for various reasons, but most importantly by request of the band.

Please know this item was in stock 24 hours a day for exactly 24 day [sic]. We are sorry you did not have a chance to purchase one before they sold out. At present time there are no plans of manufacturing any more."

next move?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    mkeen411mkeen411 Posts: 103
    I didn't realize how little time I had to purchase this. I also would like more pressed
  • Options
    So at the moment there are no plans to make more. I think that means there is a chance that this position might change if the petition keeps growing.
    However it seems obvious to me that lengthy diatribes by some members of the board about how shitty and uncaring to the regular fan Pearl Jam, the Tenclub and everyone connected with the band is WILL NOT HELP OUR CAUSE. If you feel it's necessary, write to them once it's confirmed we won't be getting anymore.
    i had it all once i gave it back

can you all feel the light.........shinin'

Cardiff 2000, San Antonio 2003, Houston 2003, New Orleans 2003, Astoria 2006, Jools Holland 2006, Reading 2006, Zagreb 2006, London 2007, Sheppards Bush 2009, Manchester 2009, London O2 2009, Hyde Park London 2010, Alpine Valley 2011
  • Options
    mkeen411 wrote:
    I didn't realize how little time I had to purchase this. I also would like more pressed

ditto.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
    edited October 2011
    Why is Pearl Jam so focused on producing all this merch crap anyway. IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC. PJ always prided themselves on being underground and grassroots and making tickets and merch, etc. easily affordable for fans. This is not the case anymore.
    Post edited by Music For Rhinos on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,795
    10c BLEW IT on this one.

I am becoming more disillusioned with this band and fanclub with each passing day. It's so obvious all they care about is making money. The whole point of them shifting away from Epic and starting Monkeywrench you would think would be to get away from the corporate machine....but really they're acting just like the bigwig companies they professed to hate back in the day.

What kind of band charges its fan club members to post on a board and sells large amounts of all kinds of ridiculous merchandise? They gouge the fans any chance they get and alienate large amounts of the fan base.

"Please I want to give you all my monies!"

I have been a loyal fan for 10 years and 10c member for 9 years but I'm pretty much done with this. I won't be renewing, I won't be buying any merch except maybe new music (the last 2 studio albums are trash). And for those who say "if you don't like it, don't buy it." That's not the point. The point is why is Pearl Jam so focused on producing all this merch crap. IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC. PJ always prided themselves on being underground and grassroots and making tickets and merch, etc. easily affordable for fans. This is not the case anymore.

It's painfully clear Pearl Jam has taken a 180 degree turn here. And to those who say "well hey that is how they make their money..." Guess what? Every single member of PJ is set for life, EASILY. The things they are doing and have been doing the past few years point to one thing: G R E E D.

thats a bit rough.

but each to their own, I really loved advocado and BS - so to hear them labelled trash is a bit crazy,

regardless, the irony here is this thread is about a situation where the band could make a lot more money, but the limited product is preventing them doing so ;)
  • Options
    bootleg wrote:
    "Please know this item was in stock through http://www.pearljam.com 24 hours a day for exactly 24 day [sic]. We are sorry you did not have a chance to purchase one before they sold out. At present time there are no plans of manufacturing any more."

This is the response that kills me. The fact that it was available for 24 days is irrelevant. If it was limited then there was ever only a certain number in existence. If I got one in that timeframe that would have just meant that someone else who did get one wouldn't have.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how long it was up for. If we all realised how limited it really was, then they would have been sold out in 10 mins to whoever may have been online at the time.
    beags wrote:
    The thing that upsets me the most, and sort of seems upsetting. Is that I feel many people, felt, myself included, that there wasn't enough info on what we were getting for the extra money. I was merely waiting for some accurate reports on what was on these mythical extra discs. Now somewhat unfairly only those with blind faith will get these discs. Ultimately I realize I can find a way to see this, and it's no big deal, it's just kind of strange to charge that much and only allow a certain amount produced and to sell out before anyone knows what the product even is.

This. I wasn't going to order until we got specific details. Then once we did get that, I made a mental note to order by the end of the week. Look where that got me...
    10c BLEW IT on this one.

I am becoming more disillusioned with this band and fanclub with each passing day. It's so obvious all they care about is making money. The whole point of them shifting away from Epic and starting Monkeywrench you would think would be to get away from the corporate machine....but really they're acting just like the bigwig companies they professed to hate back in the day.

What kind of band charges its fan club members to post on a board and sells large amounts of all kinds of ridiculous merchandise? They gouge the fans any chance they get and alienate large amounts of the fan base.

"Please I want to give you all my monies!"

I have been a loyal fan for 10 years and 10c member for 9 years but I'm pretty much done with this. I won't be renewing, I won't be buying any merch except maybe new music (the last 2 studio albums are trash). And for those who say "if you don't like it, don't buy it." That's not the point. The point is why is Pearl Jam so focused on producing all this merch crap. IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC. PJ always prided themselves on being underground and grassroots and making tickets and merch, etc. easily affordable for fans. This is not the case anymore.

It's painfully clear Pearl Jam has taken a 180 degree turn here. And to those who say "well hey that is how they make their money..." Guess what? Every single member of PJ is set for life, EASILY. The things they are doing and have been doing the past few years point to one thing: G R E E D.

And as sad as it is to say, this would be a fairly accurate statement of the club in 2011.
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    It's time to give up folks.

I've been on this since the start. Trying to rally people, ask the questions, find solutions....

Think what you will about the discs being limited or not. Think what you will about whether those of us who didn't get one are whiners or not. Think what you will about the Ten Club ticket fiasco in both the Canadian tour and PJ20.

How the 10c can't come into a forum like this that has engaged so many of us and make a *simple* statement directly to address us is irresponsible. In my heart of hearts, I know PJ would be disgusted with 10c's absolute lack of accountability and communication ediquette to the members that it serves. Perhaps PJ wanted the discs to be limited. But they certainly wouldn't want 10c to hide in the corner when fans are clamouring to see the amazing visual history that epitomizes our passion.

In addition to all of this, we can't discuss trying to mobilize to produce discs for those who can no longer purchase them. So 10c has a monopoly on a product that isn't available anywhere else, chooses to make it not available (albeit for the probably the right reasons), and is censoring all discussion on copying the discs for those who didn't receive it.

In this year of all of us fans celebrating 20 years of Pearl Jam, the actions of 10 club this year are at best passive and unreliable and at the worst insulting and humiliating to its members.

I wanted to recognize those fellow 10c members who received the bluray or DVD LE discs and didn't view this as a bunch of us whining and joined our cause.

It's time to give up folks.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    skanji32 wrote:
    I've been on this since the start. Trying to rally people, ask the questions, find solutions....

How the 10c can't come into a forum like this that has engaged so many of us and make a *simple* statement directly to address us is irresponsible. In my heart of hearts, I know PJ would be disgusted with 10c's absolute lack of accountability and communication ediquette to the members that it serves. Perhaps PJ wanted the discs to be limited. But they certainly wouldn't want 10c to hide in the corner when fans are clamouring to see the amazing visual history that epitomizes our passion.

this is a little unfair. 10c have replied to a multitude of personal emails sent to them repeating time and time again that the discs sold out and these replies were communicated / copied to all via the forum. That seems communication etiquette to me. a personal reply to a personal question. and why should they be accountable for something selling out? its not out fault we delayed on pressing 'buy'...

what more do you want? a direct email from Tim Bierman? a phone call from Eddie?

we have asked the question, we have petitioned for more and they have said that they are sold out. Im not sure what more of a clearer message they can give?
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    hostis wrote:
    Im not sure what more of a clearer message they can give?

Maybe if things had been clearer in the first place, I honestly thought the only difference between the normal and LE version was the packaging...feel very foolish now.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    hostis wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

this is a little unfair. 10c have replied to a multitude of personal emails sent to them repeating time and time again that the discs sold out and these replies were communicated / copied to all via the forum. That seems communication etiquette to me. a personal reply to a personal question. and why should they be accountable for something selling out? its not out fault we delayed on pressing 'buy'...

what more do you want? a direct email from Tim Bierman? a phone call from Eddie?

we have asked the question, we have petitioned for more and they have said that they are sold out. Im not sure what more of a clearer message they can give?

I would love to discuss this face to face instead of a forum, and I think your view would be different. BTW, 10c hasn't responded to my email 2 weeks ago which was pointed at why the discs were made LE and why new ones can't be printed without the packaging to meet the demand and prevent those of us from copying or purchasing illegally, which none of us want to do.

All I want to know is *why* wouldn't they press new discs for the obvious need that's there. I don't need a call from Tim, although a call from Eddie would be great if you could make that happen.

The clearest message would be:

"Folks, the demand for the bluray and dvds has been unprecedented. We know that there is a demand to get more made and are looking into the situation."

or

"We know there is demand, but cannot press anymore. If you wish to discuss how to share copies of this disc, we will allow the conversation on the forums as the product is not available anymore"

and at bare minimum
    "We have heard the request to allocate more good for our members and will endevour to meet demand in the future through a pre-buy process. We also commit to giving better descriptions of products, especially those with a heavy price tag."
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    bazzer wrote:
    I just don't get why some people think they are the authority on limited editions. Why can't a Blu-ray be limited? Oh, because it contains audio/video footage of the band?

What about limited edition 7" singles with exclusive b-sides? Are they not allowed either?

It's weird that the set was limited but it was. That means not everyone got one. We don't know how many they sold or what the true demand would have been so it's pointless arguing about it. I hope everyone that wants one gets one. I hope that those that moaned about the price aren't the same people now moaning about not getting one. I hope they don't rerelease a cheaper set with the same content so that people who bought the high priced set when they maybe couldn't really afford it don't feel like they wasted some of their money. I hope a lot of things, but they never come to pass...

All the limited items that come to mind that have been sold on the site...
    have all had one thing in common..

One item per 10c member....

And if you order more than one doesnt it get cancelled?...

This wasnt the case with the Blu Ray or the DVD..
    U could order as many as you could afford and u didnt have to be
    a 10c member.
  • Options
    SIGNED.

Let me just say, I don't have time to read every last comment right now... But based on skimming a few, anyone defending Ten Club on this is flat-out wrong, or at worst, arrogant.

Were the limted Blu-Rays/DVDs numbered? I find this hard to believe (but i haven't done my homework on it). If so, it seems like a very silly item for "numbering". But let's assume that they are... Big deal, so what?? I've boughten plenty of albums before that were numbered (for some reason Weezer 'Maladroit' comes to my mind first). And they're still for sale in many cases. So manufacture some more non-numbered versions. I don't care if mine is numbered or not. But those who got in early, have that little special distinction on their box. Cool. It hurts NO ONE, except eBay flipper sonsabitches, for 10C to produce more limited Blu's & DVDs.

Some of us, you know, spent a bazillion bucks on PJ already this year. Myself... Alpine tix, travelling to Wisconsin, T-shirts, posters, tickets for my friends and I to see PJ20 in a theater (on me!), and so on. So expecting us to drop $60 to $70 on a movie at a moment's notice is kinda unfair. Plus, as some have already pointed out, "limited edition" is the boy-who-cried-wolf of these types of (PJ) releases. I certainly didn't receive ANY fair or adequate warning from 10C that this was a get-it-before-its-gone-forever, ACT-NOW!-or-be-sorry type of item. You can call anything "limited edition", because some day it will go out of production, inevitably. I fully intended to buy it. I just couldn't pull the trigger soon enough, sadly.

We are not talking about a freaking BACKPACK or a particular color of vinyl here, people!
    We are talking about, from my understanding, two additional "FILMS", NO?
    "The Kids are 20" and "The Fans are Alright". How else can we loyal fans ever get hard copies of those?
    And what is the point of producing such material if only an elite few fans will ever get to watch them?
    (I'm not interested in downloading anything from a torrent site, so don't even go there please thank you).

Personally, this rant is not directed at 10C, but those who are saying "tough sh1t" to all who are asking for it to be re-stocked. Telling us "tough sh1t" is the height of lameness. No, this rant is not directed at the 10C, because I am still holding out that they will make more! Have they said for sure that they won't!? As I said, I can't think of one good reason why they shouldn't, but i can think of 1,000s of good, loyal, faithfull reasons why they SHOULD make more! 8-)

</rant>
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    It seems strange that if they are sold out with no plan to restock that they would be taken off the site. It seems that if they aren't planning to stock it they should remove it from the site. Just saying
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    It seems strange that if they are sold out with no plan to restock that they would be taken off the site. It seems that if they aren't planning to stock it they should remove it from the site. Just saying

YES. It's idiotic to have a huge splash page for a product THAT YOU'RE NOT EVEN SELLING.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 471
    I bet you PBS will be selling the Limited DVD and Blu-Ray tonight.... They usually sell something during these shows soliciting donations, etc.

I hope so.
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    skanji32 wrote:
    I would love to discuss this face to face instead of a forum, and I think your view would be different.

No, it wouldn't.