Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Posted here on Cameron Crowe's website as he requested feedback: http://www.theuncool.com/2011/10/21/pea ... s-tonight/

"Please, please release the Limited Edition 3 BluRay set again. A LOT of us missed it due to various reasons and now cannot purchase it anywhere else. Please see the petition here http://forums.pearljam.com/vie...

Mr. Crowe, to not make the 3 BluRay set available to all of us who wish to buy is really cruel, especially with your unbelievable generosity in Toronto where I saw the film with so many fans and again, with your generosity tonight on PBS.

Please make the 3 BluRay set available again. Thanks Mr. Crowe for everything you have done for us die hard Pearl Jam fans."
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    bat2144 wrote:
    Limited edition posters, fine. Limited edition shirts, fine. Limited edition backpacks, hoodies, stickers, artwork of any kind, I understand. If a fan doesn't have a certain piece of pearl jam artwork, they can get over it pretty quickly.

But to deprive us of something of this magnitude, several hours of rare footage of our favorite band, is just cruel and mean and impossible to understand.

I've seen plenty of things over the last 5-10 years that people have complained about, but I never had an objection until this. Every tenclub member should have the chance to purchase this. I can't possibly fathom any of the band members thinking something along the lines of, "Well, they didn't buy it fast enough, so it's their own fault that they can't see all this great awesome footage that was compiled solely for fans to enjoy."

It's just pure lunacy. I can't wrap my head around it. I really can't. 14 years of tenclub membership fees, 34 concerts attended, 20-25 of those purchased via official bootleg, every album, every dvd, including deluxe edition Ten & Vs/Vitalogy box sets, somewhere between one and two dozen shirts/hoodies, and about 10 posters. That translates to several thousands of dollars HAPPILY spent over 20 years of loyalty and devotion.

And at the culmination and celebration of those 20 years, because I waited 3 weeks to gladly give another $60, I am completely denied any chance to own one of the most desirable items the band has ever released.

All I want is to give another $60 so that I can experience more of what the band has meant to all of us over these past 20 years, and for some reason, they don't want me to.

I just can't comprehend it.

Agreed.

What makes it worse is when you open the single disc Blu-Ray and theres a big number 1 on it.

Way to rub it in.
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Considering Santos just posted a thread about the delayed delivery of these but didn't make any comment re: this petition, does anyone else think it's all in vain now? I hate to admit it but it doesn't look we're getting closer to our goal. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet but it just doesn't look good.

Well, look how successful us in the south have been with our long thread :(

What's weird about this is that it appears not all box sets are even made yet..so why just limit it to a certain amount while the presale is still on? They couldve done what they did for the zombie shirt and say these will be made to order...must order by date XX. I know there are a lot of ppl who still wouldnt have the money or not see the message board/email message for this information, but I think a lot less people would have missed out.

Unfortunately, I also partly believe that Kat/10C want all blu ray related threads in here so that it's easier to ignore....really dont want to believe that but the cynical person in me can't help it.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    B-Rock wrote:

What makes it worse is when you open the single disc Blu-Ray and theres a big number 1 on it.

Way to rub it in.

Wow. That's just poor production management on someone's end.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Just saw this on Cameron Crowe's web site:

Greg Mariotti, The Uncool - The Official Website for Everything Cameron Crowe Collapse
    Ok everyone. We know that there's more demand for the 3 Disc Dvd and Blu-ray. Let's be patient and see what happens....

thanks

understood. everyone has seen the threads on PearlJam.com. Let's give everyone a chance to respond over there before anyone jumps off the deep end…
    thanks

Greg Mariotti
    The Uncool - the official site for everything Cameron Crowe www.theuncool.com
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I want this so much. Don't ask me why I didn't buy it right away. I took it for granted that it would be there when I was ready to purchase. If I can't get it here I'll go the ebay route but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

Thanks ten club for everything. It would mean so much if you guys can produce more for us that missed out!
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    Granted - you have a point BUT the term 'Limited Edition' is banded around these day it's like everything is a limited edition! And if they did say limited edition then they should say HOW limited it is - is it a run of 500 or 5000 copies (There's a big difference!).

it was on sale 3 weeks. its not 10Cs fault you didnt order in time. the DVD box set (also LIMITED EDITION) is still in stock (but that will go soon I'm sure) and I doubt there will be any majorly noticeable differnce in quality on most peoples TVs....

We did have 3 week so it's not the Ten Club fault but I was broke and just now got the money for it. But oh well. There are worst tragedies in life. I'll just buy the 20 dollar version at Best Buy. But if they want to do another printing I would be down for a copy!
  • Options
    D MacD Mac Seattle WA Posts: 5
    Yes please I really wanted to get a hold of this I just didnt have the money at the time and I didn't think they would sell out that fast a re stock would be amazing =)
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Suppose I should lay down my digital signature. Just to have the extra content that isn't on the standard release. On VHS, BetaMax, or a fucking reel-to-reel, I really don't care.
  • Options
    mtade17mtade17 Posts: 41
    Please, please, please restock one of them. I would at least like to be able to purchase the deluxe DVD set.
  • Options
    Great comments, and I am with you. Why limit a dvd release for 10c members? I watched the 'standard' dvd last night and it was awesome but with the 3 disc dvd not in my possession it made me very sad. C'mon 10c let produce and release some more units and keep the true fans happy..

B-Rock wrote:
    bat2144 wrote:
    Limited edition posters, fine. Limited edition shirts, fine. Limited edition backpacks, hoodies, stickers, artwork of any kind, I understand. If a fan doesn't have a certain piece of pearl jam artwork, they can get over it pretty quickly.

But to deprive us of something of this magnitude, several hours of rare footage of our favorite band, is just cruel and mean and impossible to understand.

I've seen plenty of things over the last 5-10 years that people have complained about, but I never had an objection until this. Every tenclub member should have the chance to purchase this. I can't possibly fathom any of the band members thinking something along the lines of, "Well, they didn't buy it fast enough, so it's their own fault that they can't see all this great awesome footage that was compiled solely for fans to enjoy."

It's just pure lunacy. I can't wrap my head around it. I really can't. 14 years of tenclub membership fees, 34 concerts attended, 20-25 of those purchased via official bootleg, every album, every dvd, including deluxe edition Ten & Vs/Vitalogy box sets, somewhere between one and two dozen shirts/hoodies, and about 10 posters. That translates to several thousands of dollars HAPPILY spent over 20 years of loyalty and devotion.

And at the culmination and celebration of those 20 years, because I waited 3 weeks to gladly give another $60, I am completely denied any chance to own one of the most desirable items the band has ever released.

All I want is to give another $60 so that I can experience more of what the band has meant to all of us over these past 20 years, and for some reason, they don't want me to.

I just can't comprehend it.

Agreed.

Way to rub it in.
  • Options
    the link to the petition seems to be 'broken'

skanji32 wrote:
    Posted here on Cameron Crowe's website as he requested feedback: http://www.theuncool.com/2011/10/21/pea ... s-tonight/

"Please, please release the Limited Edition 3 BluRay set again. A LOT of us missed it due to various reasons and now cannot purchase it anywhere else. Please see the petition here http://forums.pearljam.com/vie...

Mr. Crowe, to not make the 3 BluRay set available to all of us who wish to buy is really cruel, especially with your unbelievable generosity in Toronto where I saw the film with so many fans and again, with your generosity tonight on PBS.

Please make the 3 BluRay set available again. Thanks Mr. Crowe for everything you have done for us die hard Pearl Jam fans."
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    What's annoying is the fact that, the band wished it to be limited (as mentioned in the email LostTurntable received):
    Items are made in limited quantities for various reasons, but most importantly by request of the band.

:(

And, basically, the idea is pretty good, limiting them so that regular fans can get it. But there's hopefully a misunderstanding about the number of copies each member could buy. Maybe the band thought it would've been limited to one article per member (or even two) when they chose it to be limited. ;)

I can understand that some of us bought each different version of it, like dimitris, who bought a LE Blu-ray, a LE DVD and a copy of the single DVD edition. But it was one per edition. So, as the collector we know he is, it's not a problem. And anybody could do the same. :)

The problem is those who purchased two (or more) copies of the same edition.

Some did the same with the White Backspacer Vinyl and were later told that their extra copies were canceled.

Even though I understand that some of us bought two copies (for a friend, for example), I can't get why those who bought more than that didn't get the same answer: "Sorry, but you purchased more than two copies of the LE Blu-ray (or LE DVD). We're facing a huge demand for it. So we're going to cancel the 8 other ones you ordered and put them back in store." Simple as that. :)

Since 10C hasn't already sent them, it's not too late.

Please. pray.gif
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

"Please, please release the Limited Edition 3 BluRay set again. A LOT of us missed it due to various reasons and now cannot purchase it anywhere else. Please see the petition here vie...

Great idea. This shows how many people are missing out on his director's cut. After all the effort he put into it, I'm sure he'd like it to be shown to as wide an audience as possible
    B-Rock wrote:
    Agreed.

Way to rub it in.

God, how cheap of them to just use the same disc for the single edition as for the limited one.
  • Options
    bat2144 wrote:

Good post. I agree.
    Most (if not all) of us are fans because of the music and their performances. We are interested in the content. So when a limited poster/backpack/shirt/whatever sells out, that's OK (tough luck at most). But now, with all this extra content being denied to so many who want it (and want to pay for it) it is quite different.
    So yes, please make the 3-disc version available for more fans!
  • Options
    chuwochuwo Posts: 43
    */de-lurk
    I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order the deluxe BluRay, but I agree with all those who want this to be made available again. Every Pearl Jam fan who wants it should be able to have the opportunity to buy it.
    Signed.
    lurk/*
  • Options
    SW6905SW6905 Posts: 13
    Will we be able to buy this from Amazon? If they don't restock it people will be forced to bootleg it
  • Options
    SW6905SW6905 Posts: 13
    I don't want to be a dick, but when are they going to fire Tim? This fan club has turned into a joke... WTF

It's not that hard to order more t-shirts/backpacks/dvd's etc. I own my own company and work super hard. if Tim was at the helm, I'd go belly up in a week

If this was any other company he would be on the street long ago
  • Options
    SW6905 wrote:
    Will we be able to buy this from Amazon? If they don't restock it people will be forced to bootleg it

No, only the regular one disc will be available from Amazon. And that's after the Best Buy exclusivity deal runs out at the end of Dec :roll: . You can buy it from other places online though. I know that it's out in most of Europe this week. But I'm not certain on the region coding of it so be careful there.

By the way, thanks again to all the posters who rarely/never post here who have gave their support to this. Every name counts! :)
  • Options
    I'll throw my support behind this. I'm not going to be too virtriolitic (is that a word? Probably not. Should be. It's a good one). But it all seems rather...unusual.

Consider this signed by me.

I'll go back to posting pretty much never now.

Cheers
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    I don't really buy physical media anymore with the exception of vinyl, but you can sign me up for this if it helps the cause.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    SW6905 wrote:

I'm sure people will put it up on ebay.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    Signed, because I would like to own this one of these days.
  • Options
    sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    Signed. Or the DVD. Bring 'em back y'all, bring 'em back!
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Options
    Add me to Bluray list.
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Hub. wrote:
    What's annoying is the fact that, the band wished it to be limited (as mentioned in the email LostTurntable received):
    Items are made in limited quantities for various reasons, but most importantly by request of the band.

:(

And, basically, the idea is pretty good, limiting them so that regular fans can get it. But there's hopefully a misunderstanding about the number of copies each member could buy. Maybe the band thought it would've been limited to one article per member (or even two) when they chose it to be limited. ;)

I can understand that some of us bought each different version of it, like dimitris, who bought a LE Blu-ray, a LE DVD and a copy of the single DVD edition. But it was one per edition. So, as the collector we know he is, it's not a problem. And anybody could do the same. :)

The problem is those who purchased two (or more) copies of the same edition.

Some did the same with the White Backspacer Vinyl and were later told that their extra copies were canceled.

Even though I understand that some of us bought two copies (for a friend, for example), I can't get why those who bought more than that didn't get the same answer: "Sorry, but you purchased more than two copies of the LE Blu-ray (or LE DVD). We're facing a huge demand for it. So we're going to cancel the 8 other ones you ordered and put them back in store." Simple as that. :)

Since 10C hasn't already sent them, it's not too late.

Please. pray.gif
    I asked that question so many times what the limit was no one would answer it...10c was the only one that answered me via email.. thanks :)
  • Options
    Oh my god just restock them already! It's the Pearl Jam movie not a pair of socks!

You make more of them, and you make a lot of fans super happy!

AND!

You make more money!

EVERYONE WINS!
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,624
    Signing up for the Blu Ray deluxe..email said delay in production..meaning still producing..why not add a few thousand more???? If it is still in production???
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    beagsbeags Posts: 41
    The Kids Are Twenty being available on iTunes makes me think that at the very least, we might see an edition that makes it out that includes the two most desired discs. This all comes back to the "how long can you wait" scenario that seems to be so prevalent these days with PJ and merch. If you can manage to ride the wave for a while on a product it may just go down in price, and include a sweet bonus cd. The flip side is something may seem incredibly over priced during preorder so you'd like to at least wait til someone has a physical copy to report on whether it's something you actually want, and then it sells out, like this bluray.

You're damned if you, damned if you don't, so just be happy with what you've got!