Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    Thanks for the PM Better Dan!

I'm signing this - not making the extras available on a BluRay disc with all the storage space is crazy - but limiting the release is NUTZ!

Sort it 10c...you know it makes sense...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    10C is responding "Deluxe DVD and BLURAY sets have sold out. There are no current plans to manufacture more."

I'd love to get my hands on a copy.

SIGNED.

Was this a recent reply from 10c? We'll have to do our best to convince them to change their minds so! :D
  • Options
    I'm checking the Goods page every 5 mins at the moment!
    Please, please make some more DVDs/Blu-rays! I beg of you.
    i had it all once i gave it back

can you all feel the light.........shinin'

Cardiff 2000, San Antonio 2003, Houston 2003, New Orleans 2003, Astoria 2006, Jools Holland 2006, Reading 2006, Zagreb 2006, London 2007, Sheppards Bush 2009, Manchester 2009, London O2 2009, Hyde Park London 2010, Alpine Valley 2011
  • Options
    I want this so bad
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    gfraser wrote:
    is there a certain number of people that we need to get this rolling? who do we officially ask or present our list of names?? maybe we can email bomb tc's email addy?

I think everyone should perhaps send a letter either to The Band or 10c or both...
    Or just add your name to this....
  • Options
    Slag666Slag666 Posts: 35
    Signed! Come on Ten Club. Hey, here's an idea. Make the Limited Edition version only available one per membership and then have a "you must order by this date" in order to secure one. Then just manufacture enough for those that ordered it.
    (enter clever signature here)
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    I guess this is my way of crossing my fingers...Would love to see a 2nd release..
    I wish the blu ray deluxe set
    would be available once again

I wish I wish I wish I wish...I guess it never stops
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    RVCJJ3J wrote:

I wish I wish I wish I wish...I guess it never stops

wishing too..
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Please manufacture more.

Ship 'em to independent record stores for Black Friday.

Set a bundle price for the 3 LP soundtrack + 3 disc blu-ray. Say $119.99 or $129.99?

Watch me buy the bundle.

Next problem?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Same here... I was waiting a bit to save the money and next thing you know... out of stock. I don't think I ever complained about anything the band sells but in this case, after a couple of Canadian shows where my wallet was in demand, I'd hope that we could get our hands on those PJ20 blu Ray boxsets.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,

And thank you!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    LS80246LS80246 Washington, DC Posts: 7
    I concur. Please restock. Please?

2000: Saratoga
    2003: Bristow, Camden, NYC 1, NYC 2
    2004: Boston 1, Boston 2
    2006: Hartford, Boston 1, Boston 2
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield 1, Mansfield 2
    2009: Phil Spectrum 4
    2010: Bristow, Hartford, Boston
    2011: Alpine Valley 1, Alpine Valley 2
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago Wrigley, Philadelphia, Baltimore
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis
    2016: Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    anyone notice the regular blu ray isnt even listed anymore?
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

It wasnt listed
  • Options
    Zidane wrote:
    Same here... I was waiting a bit to save the money and next thing you know... out of stock. I don't think I ever complained about anything the band sells but in this case, after a couple of Canadian shows where my wallet was in demand, I'd hope that we could get our hands on those PJ20 blu Ray boxsets.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,

And thank you!

Agreed,...in September the wallet was takin a beating from all the Pearl Jam stuff, shows,movies, hotels, posters, t-shirts,..... just had to let it cool off a little,... then once the pain subsided, I log on to buy my Deluxe set ,..."Sold Out !"" you gotta be kidding me!

Please don't do this,.... make it right.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

It never was.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    I'll get on board with this. I think making the deluxe version so limited was a definite mistake on their part. They do a lot of cool stuff...sometimes they get things wrong. Let's just show them that they can press another 5000-10,000 and they'll sell easily.
  • Options
    I could completely understand if the limited edition was just this deluxe packaging. There is no reason why the unedited 3 disk set couldn't be sold in regular blu-ray packaging. It makes absolutely no sense to eliminate 99.99% your fan base from owning this 3 disk set.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    PH101618 wrote:
    I'll get on board with this. I think making the deluxe version so limited was a definite mistake on their part. They do a lot of cool stuff...sometimes they get things wrong. Let's just show them that they can press another 5000-10,000 and they'll sell easily.

Absolutely,..I would say the majority of fans and casual fans haven't even seen Pearl Jam Twenty at all yet.
    Once they do see it , whether on PBS or PPV etc,...they won't even have the option to buy the Deluxe set,..with all the extras they will no doubt be dying to see,...sad.

I guess we could buy from some guy on ebay who purchased 20 of these LIMITED editions. How good will that feel ?!?!

Start the press! Come on !
  • Options
    JH10467JH10467 Posts: 35
    I could completely understand if the limited edition was just this deluxe packaging. There is no reason why the unedited 3 disk set couldn't be sold in regular blu-ray packaging. It makes absolutely no sense to eliminate 99.99% your fan base from owning this 3 disk set.

I counted 154 people (yes I counted) on this pettition. I doubt that is 99.99% of the fan base...maybe if they sold like 3 copies but I'm pretty sure they sold more. It's obvious people only want the extras so why don't you guys ask if they'll be available seperately.
  • Options
    JH10467 wrote:

I counted 154 people (yes I counted) on this pettition. I doubt that is 99.99% of the fan base...maybe if they sold like 3 copies but I'm pretty sure they sold more. It's obvious people only want the extras so why don't you guys ask if they'll be available seperately.

That doesn't include the many more people that don't post here who want it. Plus, the people who aren't even in the club but may still want to buy it after the TV screening.
  • Options
    JM82124JM82124 Posts: 14
    Yes, please re-issue the 3 disc sets. I missed out as well!
    Just really want the 3 discs, Blu-ray or DVD.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    I have a feeling that this will eventually be released in stores at some point after the initial release. I'm betting ten club got burned on the pj20 book and soundtrack with amazon selling for so much cheaper. I know it was the first time I bought something away from the club. I usually like the idea of supporting the club cause they are really good people but the difference in price was too much to pass up this time especially considering how much I have already spent on PJ this year. So with this I think they may release here first, let 10c make its share and then open up to the rest. At least that's my guess.
  • Options
    By the way, thanks to all those who have come out of the wilderness (so to speak ;) ) and made their inital posts on this thread to support the petition.
  • Options
    RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEARL-JAM-PJ20-Twenty-Blu-ray-BD-R-0-2011-NEW-Concert-Film-26-mins-Bonus-Footag-/160665077006?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item256862850e

Can anyone tell me what this is about??? 26 minutes of extra footage? Has the film been released already?
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    RVCJJ3J wrote:

That's the regular edition Blu Ray that's out next week from Best Buy and everywhere else from the end of Dec. Obviously you can also pick it up online from other countries without having to go to Best Buy. It just has a few deleted scenes and 2 live performances (Come Back is one. Can't remember the other).
  • Options

That is how I feel. It may not be 99.99%, but I bet more people did not get this that wanted it than the people that did get it. I do not care about the limited packaging at all. I just want the 3 discs of material. It's just crazy to be about the fans, but then limit them when it comes to one of the biggest fan related projects to be available through 10C.
  • Options
    DB64764DB64764 Posts: 17
    I'm down with a re-stock! It SHOULDN'T have been LIMITED in the first place. If you are a dedicated fan, YOU want this. Most of the time, items are LIMITED for value purposes, which is not why a true fan would purchase it. None of us are going to resell it!!!! I didn't have the extra $75 in my budget this month. I just bought a house. However, I had planned to ask for it for my birthday(Nov.) or Xmas. This is very disappointing......
  • Options
    If they want it to be limited, it should be limited to only 10c members, but only if all the dedicated can get a copy. That means all members should be able to purchase a copy imo. I don't see why it would be so hard to release more- it can't be that hard for them to put in another order of a couple thousand - maybe send out an email asking for a response if you missed out and still want one. Then they'd have an idea how many to order again and thus wouldn't get stuck with a warehouse of movies that didn't sell.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    It seems no one has really stopped to think how releasing a cheaper equivalent set (i.e. just the discs) will affect those that bought the original set. The original set was advertised as the only way to get those discs (and only from the 10C too). A lot of people will have felt that it was pretty expensive for what it was, but since it's the only way to get the set they bought it. If they rerelease it, or release a cheaper version, or release it in other stores I think those people can justifiably feel a bit hard done by.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    It seems no one has really stopped to think how releasing a cheaper equivalent set (i.e. just the discs) will affect those that bought the original set. The original set was advertised as the only way to get those discs (and only from the 10C too). A lot of people will have felt that it was pretty expensive for what it was, but since it's the only way to get the set they bought it. If they rerelease it, or release a cheaper version, or release it in other stores I think those people can justifiably feel a bit hard done by.

I can understand feeling annoyed if it does get re-released. But realistically, if this were a regular release (and had been produced in higher numbers), the price would eventually drop at some stage anyway. Look at it this way, if it's rereleased without the packaging, then the original is a genuine limited edition. On the other hand, if it's released in stores (the exact same version), then I could see people getting annoyed.

At this rate, we're really still in the dark about its status though. I really hope we hear something within the next week. It's not fair to string us along if they have no intention of producing more.