Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    All you people had more than enough time to order this. I wasn't even gonna get it cause of the ridiculous price but caved and ordered on October 5th. So if I (someone who didn't even want to buy it) ordered it while it was in stock, you guys who are crying over it not being in stock should have simply gotten to it sooner. It said "limited edition" from the start.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    All you people had more than enough time to order this. I wasn't even gonna get it cause of the ridiculous price but caved and ordered on October 5th. So if I (someone who didn't even want to buy it) ordered it while it was in stock, you guys who are crying over it not being in stock should have simply gotten to it sooner. It said "limited edition" from the start.

Well if u didnt want it, wanna sell it to me for face?
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

I want it. I just didn't want to pay that much for it. And nobody's gonna sell it for face-value. This thread almost encourages people to put on ebay.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Hub. wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Hub. wrote:
    You got an answer? :)

Sure did, I asked a few times here in threads and couldnt get an answer
    So emailed the 10c and got one pretty much straight back.

And they gave you a real answer? I mean, how they managed it, how they will?

Yep a real answer, dunno why no one would answer on the forum ..
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

I want it. I just didn't want to pay that much for it. And nobody's gonna sell it for face-value. This thread almost encourages people to put on ebay.
    But why buy it when u said in your post

Quote : So if I (someone who didn't even want to buy it)
  • Options
    This thread almost encourages people to put on ebay.

Were they allowed to be re-sold? Aren't memberships cancelled for this?
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990

Sometimes, it's not only a matter of time. ;)
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

Unfortunately, You didn't need to be a member to order it. :(
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    But why buy it when u said in your post

Quote : So if I (someone who didn't even want to buy it)

I didn't want to buy it cause of it's price but I very much want to see all the bonus stuff. It it were possible to buy the standard DVD and still see the bonus stuff elsewhere like on the internet, I would have just bought the standard. But since it's unlikely that the bonus stuff will be available for free, the only way to see it is to buy it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

I think that's if you resell fanclub tickets. I don't see how they can stop you from selling a Blu-Ray on ebay.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

As I've said before, the length of time it was on sale for doesn't matter. If everyone on this thread had ordered it when it was listed for pre-order it would have been sold out in a matter of hours. In other words, a lot of people would have been left out from buying it regardless. Furthermore, there wasn't any details on what the content was on Discs 2 and 3 until about 2 days prior to it selling out. Personally, I wasn't going to spend $70 on a set until I knew what the content was. That's just disrespect to the customer. The club may think we're going to buy up anything with "Limited Edition" printed on it. Well, I'm not. How about a bit of common courtesy to the customer?

The obvious problem here is that there wasn't enough produced. I mean if there's this amount of people on this board alone who didn't get it, imagine the number of people who are still fans who either (a) don't post on the board or (b) aren't in the club.
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Signed.
  • Options
    JS51111JS51111 Posts: 33
    Please Restock.

Signed
  • Options
    Oh! And I forgot!

When I looked at the page, there was something mentioned: WILL BE CHARGED AT TIME OF PURCHASE.

So I didn't have the cash and I couldn't even pre-order one (we're still talking about a pre-order) because I couldn't afford it at that time (I know, I tend to repeat myself: new job, wage delayed.. :oops: ).

I can understand the situation and the 10C policy: some people, who pre-ordered those boxes could have, if they hadn't already paid for them, canceled their order at the last minute. It's not an attack against anyone. I genuinely understand the situation. yes.gif

But as far as I am concerned, if I had read something like: WILL BE CHARGED AT TIME OF SHIPMENT, I wouldn't have hesitated a second. :(

When I saw that the Blurays were sold out, I said to myself: please make the DVDs available for, at least, one or two weeks. pray.gif

It's not that I didn't see it coming, it's just I couldn't order one. confused0.gif
  • Options
    Please release more!!!!!!
  • Options
    whatdudewhatdude Posts: 146
    1 more 10c member who would buy the deluxe blue ray. please? thanks.
    10/30/93 SJ, 6/24/95 SF Polo Fields, 7/15/06 SF, 12/2/06 Hawai'i, 6/24/08 MSG1, 6/25/08 MSG2, 8/28/09 OutsideLands SF, 10/9/09 SD, 10/23/10 Bridge I, 9/25/11 Vancouver, 9/30/12 Missoula, 10/3/12 Oracle Openworld, 7/19/13 Wrigley Field, 11/26/13 Oakland, 10/22/14 Denver, 10/25/14 Bridge I, 5/1/16 MSG1, 5/2/16 MSG2, 8/5/16 Fenway 1, 8/7/16 Fenway 2, 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 1, 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 2, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle 2, 8/13/18 Missoula, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/4/18 Fenway 2 
  • Options
    Small update from Cameron's site:
    "I will try and find out what the status is and report back.

thanks

Greg Mariotti"

Fingers crossed now that it will be positive news! :)

I thanked him on Cameron's site but if you're reading this here, thanks again Greg for helping us all out on the matter.
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Sweet Oblivion, I was the one who posted the question for a response:
    "Greg - thanks for responding. Can I make one (hopefully) simple request. In the next couple of weeks or so, can you update the status of Cameron Crowe and/or Pearl Jam and/or 10 Club's decision on reproducing the limited edition BluRays? The toughest part of all of this is not knowing. There are other options for all of us as there was for Eddie when he wanted a copy of that WHO concert so badly that was unavaiable for purchase. Truly would not want to go down that road, but need to know either way what you guys are thinking in a couple of weeks.

Possible to get an update via theuncool.com?"

Really happy he responded...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    skanji32 wrote:
    "Greg - thanks for responding. Can I make one (hopefully) simple request. In the next couple of weeks or so, can you update the status of Cameron Crowe and/or Pearl Jam and/or 10 Club's decision on reproducing the limited edition BluRays? The toughest part of all of this is not knowing. There are other options for all of us as there was for Eddie when he wanted a copy of that WHO concert so badly that was unavaiable for purchase. Truly would not want to go down that road, but need to know either way what you guys are thinking in a couple of weeks.

See, that's good customer service...What the 10C does is lock threads and just say "its sold out."
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:

Thanks for posing the question. And Better Dan, you're right. I can't understand why 10c doesn't give us a clear, definitive answer on this. Like, if it truly is gone for good, why advertise it on the front of the Goods section for the past few weeks? I'm sure it only gets people's hopes up who aren't aware that it's sold out.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

See, that's good customer service...What the 10C does is lock threads and just say "its sold out."

10c didn't lock this thread...
    They said "it's sold out". What would you like them to do? Tim individually call every member to let them know?
    I'm buying mine off iTunes at midnight tommorrow!
    Can't wait to see Porch from San Diego 1991!!!
  • Options
    JeffSide wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:

10c didn't lock this thread...
    They said "it's sold out". What would you like them to do? Tim individually call every member to let them know?
    I'm buying mine off iTunes at midnight tommorrow!
    Can't wait to see Porch from San Diego 1991!!!

They've locked every other thread though, forcing us to kind of ruing this whole "petition thread" idea.

And we want answers to important questions like "will the release it again?" and "WHY" which they just flat-out ignore. It's kind of insulting.

Also, buying HD video off of iTunes isn't feasible for a lot of people, so it's not really a solution to this problem. It's not like I can burn an iTunes video to Blu-ray or even DVD.
  • Options
    JK3558JK3558 Posts: 10

Comments like this infuriate me. 3 weeks is not more than enough time. You don't know everybody's situation. Perhaps some fans are in the military and deployed and aren't able to get internet access--thus had no knowledge of the Deluxe editions until it was too late. Perhaps some single mom is struggling to make ends meet and take care of her kids and does not have time and can only get access to the internet at her local library which she goes to once a quarter. And perhaps, as some have already stated, they didn't have money at the time when the preorder was up, but now they do because they budgeted for the DVD around it's release date. Some of us don't sit at home on the computer all day. Some of us have kids, a family, friends, coach or mentor others, give our time to charitable organizations, and perhaps have other interests.

By the time I got a minute to sit down and research what PJ20 buying options I had (typically the weekend before a DVD release happens), I saw as we all have that the Deluxe editions were sold out. I'm not crying over it by any means, but I do believe as others have stated that this isn't a poster, or vinyl, or any other type of "collectible". It's a movie about and for fans and it should be available to whoever wants it. Hell, I've been a PJ fan and 10C member since 93 (18 out of the now famous 20 years), and I haven't once gotten a limited poster, vinyl, backpack, whatever. When I see what some of the prices go for on ebay, sure I'd like something cool and extremely valuable like that. However I missed them all because I didn't know about it until it was too late. Those items I can live without, because in a few years that will be more useless "limited" crap that I have too much of. But I do want the additional footage. I've always been a fan of Mr. Cameron Crowe, and to watch anything he's done, especially of my favorite band and it's fandom, is not something that will ever be considered useless crap.

THANKS TO GREG for finding out what's going on. I appreciate it!
    JasonK
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,375
    HOW ABOUT A PETITION THAT EVERYTHING IS FREE FROM THIS POINT ON WITH PEARL JAM

WOULD THAT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!!!
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    Perhaps some single mom is struggling to make ends meet and take care of her kids and does not have time and can only get access to the internet at her local library which she goes to once a quarter.

If thats the fact then I see why our nation is going down the drain.....
    Please...save your money for something better than a DVD and a bottle of wine......
    Take care of your kids and put the money towards their education not some silly DVD
    WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    They've locked every other thread though, forcing us to kind of ruing this whole "petition thread" idea.

PLEASE
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    crazygeo wrote:
    Perhaps some single mom is struggling to make ends meet and take care of her kids and does not have time and can only get access to the internet at her local library which she goes to once a quarter.

If thats the fact then I see why our nation is going down the drain.....
    Please...save your money for something better than a DVD and a bottle of wine......
    Take care of your kids and put the money towards their education not some silly DVD
    WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!

thank you.

this is crazy talk. if ANYONE is in this situation in life, a $70 DVD should be the LAST thing on their mind. real poor example.

three weeks is plenty of time to buy a limited edition item (that is clearly marked). get over it, don't let it ruin your life, and pick up the standard DVD for $15. i am sure you will still enjoy watching it.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    crazygeo wrote:

PLEASE

the higher powers have had an itchy trigger finger when it comes to locking threads of late. just a matter of time before this one gets locked too.
  • Options
    The fact that people had 3 weeks to order is irrelevant.

What's relevant is that there is clearly a high demand for this product and not enough supply. You can't blame people who missed out for not ordering in the 3 weeks because regardless, there simply were not enough copies made.

As others have said, this never should have been limited, for a multitude of reasons.