Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    oh and what about that dude having the fling with sauls wife.... whats his deal?
    Yeah, when I saw him in their house, I thought "ohhhh. shit".

I was thinking about this earlier - wouldn't the head of the CIA have some kind of security in place? A security system? Something?

Shouldn't Saul's wife be more circumspect about who she lets into their freaking home, let alone has sex with?

Also, with Carrie being shot, I think either the trauma will affect the baby, or it'll come out that she's pregnant.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    intodeep wrote:
    More Saul.
    I would be happy if carrie and brody died and the show focused on Saul. I like Quinn a lot too although i think he is going to die this season.
    Saul is my favo for sure..the guy is a legend
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hedonist wrote:
    oh and what about that dude having the fling with sauls wife.... whats his deal?

I was thinking about this earlier - wouldn't the head of the CIA have some kind of security in place? A security system? Something?

Shouldn't Saul's wife be more circumspect about who she lets into their freaking home, let alone has sex with?

Also, with Carrie being shot, I think either the trauma will affect the baby, or it'll come out that she's pregnant.

my oh shit moment was when they were in the café and she was breaking it off with him.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,321
    hedonist wrote:

yes to all of your suspicions.

maybe saul is actually spy and this dude is spying on him for the cia? they never tied up that "who's the mole" loose end from season 1..... :o:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yes to all of your suspicions.

maybe saul is actually spy and this dude is spying on him for the cia? they never tied up that "who's the mole" loose end from season 1..... :o:lol:
    Nooo, not Saul "the Bear" Berenson!

He continues to surprise and endear himself to me.

And yes, I think this dude (what the hell is his name?) is a spy. But a spy for whom.....? :think:

And this other CIA chick with the father! She's gonna lose it soon, mark my words.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    This show just gets better and better IMO. End of the last episode had me with my jaw on the floor again. Best thing on tv by a mile.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    About fucking time, Brody!

Watching last night, had a pretty sweet buzz on. As in, becoming-part-of-the-couch buzz.

When the screen went to "sixteen days later" and them all jogging like fit and focused motherfuckers?

This chick sat up straight and smiled.

Only thing that seemed contrived was (yet again!) the Dana scene. "Why don't you write it down for me"?

Please.

I get how seeing her was part of Brody's impetus, but the writing in that scene blew.
  • Options
    Also...heavier and full-headed poor man's Brody, yes or no?
    :mrgreen:
    mod249.jpg
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,308
    I'm starting to lose patience with this show now. We were really excited when this season started but now it's just like "Oh, Homeland is on. May as well watch it".

You can guarantee that if somebody tells Carrie not to do something, especially if it's a direct order, there'll be a couple of big sighs, some crazy eyes, then she'll go right ahead and do it anyway. It happens every few episodes and it's getting too predictable now. Also, what's with her smoking while pregnant?!?

The best part of last night's show was singing the "We need a montage!" song from Team America during the training scenes :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    I'm starting to lose patience with this show now. We were really excited when this season started but now it's just like "Oh, Homeland is on. May as well watch it".

You can guarantee that if somebody tells Carrie not to do something, especially if it's a direct order, there'll be a couple of big sighs, some crazy eyes, then she'll go right ahead and do it anyway. It happens every few episodes and it's getting too predictable now. Also, what's with her smoking while pregnant?!?

The best part of last night's show was singing the "We need a montage!" song from Team America during the training scenes :)
    Crazy eyes :mrgreen:

And yes! I wondered about her smoking too (and how she didn't inquire about the well-being of her/Brody's? baby in the hospital).

I dunno know about your assertion though. While NOTHING compares to the first season - hell, even the first episode - the last few have gone and redeemed my lovelust for this show.
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    Well, that was an awesome episode! Damien Lewis was outstanding in my opinion. What a terrible and difficult reunion for Carrie and Brody. Once again she is manipulating him for the CIA and for (maybe) his own good, assuming that he survives. Despite her feelings for him and his for her.

The fact that she's smoking and risk taking suggest to me that she's not firmly commited to becoming a mother. Not sure if she didn't share the news with Brody in order to spare him more drama or because she's still thinking the pregnancy will magically go away
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    grooveme wrote:
    Well, that was an awesome episode! Damien Lewis was outstanding in my opinion. What a terrible and difficult reunion for Carrie and Brody. Once again she is manipulating him for the CIA and for (maybe) his own good, assuming that he survives. Despite her feelings for him and his for her.

The fact that she's smoking and risk taking suggest to me that she's not firmly commited to becoming a mother. Not sure if she didn't share the news with Brody in order to spare him more drama or because she's still thinking the pregnancy will magically go away

So we know 100% that the kid is Brody's? Maybe I missed something but I don't recall that being said. I mean, Carrie was whoring around from the time Brody left to present day. :lol:
    Didn't they say she was 13 weeks. Hasn't Brody been gone more than 3 months? :?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    grooveme wrote:

So we know 100% that the kid is Brody's? Maybe I missed something but I don't recall that being said. I mean, Carrie was whoring around from the time Brody left to present day. :lol:

it never occurred to me the baby wasn't brodys... hmmm.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    About fucking time, Brody!

Watching last night, had a pretty sweet buzz on. As in, becoming-part-of-the-couch buzz.

When the screen went to "sixteen days later" and them all jogging like fit and focused motherfuckers?

This chick sat up straight and smiled.

Only thing that seemed contrived was (yet again!) the Dana scene. "Why don't you write it down for me"?

Please.

I get how seeing her was part of Brody's impetus, but the writing in that scene blew.

BRODY!! BRODY!! BRODY!! :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    as much as i have enjoyed this season, this plot of saul's is so far fetched, it's almost laughable. he's still the man though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    as much as i have enjoyed this season, this plot of saul's is so far fetched, it's almost laughable. he's still the man though.
    That's the thing, it's going to backfire. Everything up to this point has been super elaborate and it has all worked. Something is going to get f'd up and probably soon.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    mca47 wrote:
    That's the thing, it's going to backfire. Everything up to this point has been super elaborate and it has all worked. Something is going to get f'd up and probably soon.

Yeah, Saul's whole plan here is insane and extremely unrealistic. But we shouldn't expect realism from this show anymore. I'll continue to watch, but this show is nothing compared to what it once was.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, Saul's whole plan here is insane and extremely unrealistic. But we shouldn't expect realism from this show anymore. I'll continue to watch, but this show is nothing compared to what it once was.
    Huh. Last evening, I caught a news story on Gitmo detainees being "turned", and returned to their home countries to get shit done as double-agents.

Politics and ethics aside (oh, if only), this struck me as similar to the Javadi plotline with Saul. Maybe not so far-fetched?

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, what with this new nuke deal with Iran - in real life, that is.

(and cate - dontcha mean "gingernut"? :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    hedonist wrote:
    Huh. Last evening, I caught a news story on Gitmo detainees being "turned", and returned to their home countries to get shit done as double-agents.

Politics and ethics aside (oh, if only), this struck me as similar to the Javadi plotline with Saul. Maybe not so far-fetched?

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, what with this new nuke deal with Iran - in real life, that is.

(and cate - dontcha mean "gingernut"? :mrgreen: )

OK, maybe not the actual mission is so far-fetched if shit like that is actually going down. But the way it comes together so quickly seems a bit much. Brody is hooked on heroin and then a couple weeks later is ready to go on this crazy mission to Iran? Carrie just driving around with the world's most wanted man? But it will be interesting to see what happens….of course it's going to be a mess and Carrie will probably put her feelings for Brody in front of the interests of the CIA as usual. I just hope that this is it for the whole Brody story and next year it turns into Carrie and Saul chasing some new terrorists.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    grooveme wrote:

it never occurred to me the baby wasn't brodys... hmmm.
    Would seem to me that Brody has been gone for more than 3 months. Anyone else have thoughts on this because the whole Brody-baby thing doesn't make sense to me and not sure why people keep thinking it's his. :?
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    mca47 wrote:
    grooveme wrote:

Carrie implied it to the doctor. She said her work is important and has to do with the baby's father, that's why she can't rest, take time of, etc.

They have established that it had been about 2 months or so since the bombing early this season

I wouldn't characterize a unmarried woman having sex as "whoring around". I'd consider that a bit demeaning to women. But that's just me, I guess
  • Options
    fuckin good episode...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    fuckin good episode...

how bout javadi at the end? :lol: loose cannon, that guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fuckin good episode...

He may be a loose cannon, sure...but he too is a badass.

And, reminds me of one of my uncles :think:

Brody took me on some mindtrips last night.

Still trying to figure out if he played it, or was sincere.

(Two episodes left!? Son of a bitch. Not enough, I need more!)
  • Options
    fuckin good episode...

oh yeah..the guy is natural born killer
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Must find time to watch before my flight to the Northwest tomorrow!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Good episode.

Looks like Jevadi has bought in to the plan. Pretty sure he killed that guy...well....a) cause he's a psycho and b) if he left him behind they'd torture him and crack him (get all the info out of him)...which would screw up the plan and likely get Jevadi killed.

I have a feeling Jevadi will end up getting killed by the end of this season, the plan will go to shit and there will be debate within the CIA on how to get Brody out. Carrie will probably want to send in a team, and Saul, having his plan go straight to shit...will probably want to leave him there to avoid any international conflict and because he has no value to the agency anymore.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mca47 wrote:

I agree, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. Jevadi crossing into the U.S. and meeting with Carrie just like Saul planned just seemed a little bit too clean.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    This season is really good imho.

Very happy with the show.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    I have no idea how I never put this together but Saul=Inigo Montoya. Mind blown.