Homeland

Comments

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Carrie being pregnant is stupid. Other than that, a solid episode this week
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    goldrush wrote:
    however....is it brody's baby? gotta be right? god i hope i was dreaming that scene. introducing a baby to this show has disaster written all over it.
    Yep, I can't really see how that storyline is going to be a success.

Also, the Brody family story was woeful this week. One minute Dana is running away from home with someone her mother didn't really know and everyone is freaking out. Then she's back home for about 6 seconds before leaving home... to live with someone her mother doesn't know. Apparently it's ok this time though (even if Chris still couldn't find anything to say)
    I actually felt deflated when they cut back to the Dana drama. Anti-climactic.

Other than that though, really good episode (still miss Brody). Lots of "oh shit!" moments for me.

And I think Chris' role now is to just linger in the background and look dopey.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    over under on how many lines chris will have all season? so far, i think he has muttered 2 or 3 sentences. this week's episode was funny. you just see him slowly appear from behind a wall as dana was walking back to her room. this kid must be the worst actor in the world for them to make him that insignificant.

i'm saying about 5 lines more for the next 7 episodes. what say you?

I think he had 1 line this week...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    goldrush wrote:
    however....is it brody's baby? gotta be right? god i hope i was dreaming that scene. introducing a baby to this show has disaster written all over it.
    Yep, I can't really see how that storyline is going to be a success.

Also, the Brody family story was woeful this week. One minute Dana is running away from home with someone her mother didn't really know and everyone is freaking out. Then she's back home for about 6 seconds before leaving home... to live with someone her mother doesn't know. Apparently it's ok this time though (even if Chris still couldn't find anything to say)

They must pay the actor who plays Chris by the word. He is averaging about 4 words per episode.
  • Options
    saul is the fucking man. this week's episode epitomizes everything that makes this show great.

i loved the ending too. one of the happy endings they've had. kind of reminded of a sopranos ending with a little van morrison playing...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, Juggler! Just wrapped it up here, and love how the two gloriously-grand schnozzes came together.

Goddamn, this was some good watching.

(and no Dana drama)

Quinn's change of...heart, mind?...made me sad though. I get it, but I really have come to dig his character. Hope he's gonna stick around some.
  • Options
    (and speaking of the Sops, one of my favorites is on. Laurel Bacall getting clocked! Lil Carmine telling her "enjoy your success". And - still not over - but I think this is the one that ends with Artie cooking the rabbit one-armed. Fucking LOVE this show)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,308
    saul is the fucking man. this week's episode epitomizes everything that makes this show great.

i loved the ending too. one of the happy endings they've had. kind of reminded of a sopranos ending with a little van morrison playing...
    Saul was kicking ass this week! I kinda wanted to see him punch the Senator but locking him in the boardroom was a much better FU :)

No Dana/family, no Brody, not too much Crazy Carrie - this was great Homeland with Saul at the heart of it
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    goldrush wrote:

Saul was kicking ass this week! I kinda wanted to see him punch the Senator but locking him in the boardroom was a much better FU :)

No Dana/family, no Brody, not too much Crazy Carrie - this was great Homeland with Saul at the heart of it

Saul had a better day this week! I have to give the writers a lot of credit this year. Instead of going with another big threat/pending attack and plots on the Brody/Carrie relationship, they really shook things up. This season feels fresh to me. It's a lot slower than last year's season (which reminded me somewhat of 24), but the writing and acting continue to be top notch.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    LloydXmas wrote:

I thought that maybe she isn't, that for some reason shes stopped menstruating and she just thinks shes pregnant and that's why she keeps taking the test with the same result as part of some kinda break in reality. but then again maybe she is and she keeps taking the test hoping its wrong a bazillion times. if she is im sure shell lose it in some sort of overdramatic way... no doubt the same time brody is cleared of all suspicions/charges. whatever happens I highly doubt they'll give carrie matheson a child to care for when she can barely take care of herself.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Great episode.

I particularly enjoyed Saul and Dar locking the Senator in the conference room and showering/shirtless Quinn.

And the actor playing Javadi is fantastic! He obviously has respect for Carrie, since he thought turning her was worth risking everything to come to the US. But he is trying to manipulate her to the end, with his talk of Brody.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Yes, Juggler! Just wrapped it up here, and love how the two gloriously-grand schnozzes came together.

(and no Dana drama)

Quinn's change of...heart, mind?...made me sad though. I get it, but I really have come to dig his character. Hope he's gonna stick around some.

Felt bad for him. He is in emotional turmoil (clearly new ground for him) and tries to talk to Carrie about it, and all Carrie can say is "Brody, Brody, Brody"

I just hope she doesn't get him killed!
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

(and no Dana drama)

Felt bad for him. He is in emotional turmoil (clearly new ground for him) and tries to talk to Carrie about it, and all Carrie can say is "Brody, Brody, Brody"

Just saw you were from Dallas. You doing the 2 shows this weekend? :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    LloydXmas wrote:

I thought that maybe she isn't, that for some reason shes stopped menstruating and she just thinks shes pregnant and that's why she keeps taking the test with the same result as part of some kinda break in reality. but then again maybe she is and she keeps taking the test hoping its wrong a bazillion times. if she is im sure shell lose it in some sort of overdramatic way... no doubt the same time brody is cleared of all suspicions/charges. whatever happens I highly doubt they'll give carrie matheson a child to care for when she can barely take care of herself.

Yeah, this whole pregnancy thing is dumb. If Carrie has Brody's baby, I might be done with this show.
  • Options
    over under on how many lines chris will have all season? so far, i think he has muttered 2 or 3 sentences. this week's episode was funny. you just see him slowly appear from behind a wall as dana was walking back to her room. this kid must be the worst actor in the world for them to make him that insignificant.

i'm saying about 5 lines more for the next 7 episodes. what say you?

I think he had 1 line this week...

i guess i am the only one playing this game :lol: ....but chris had 0 scenes and 0 lines this week. 5 more episodes to go, chris has had 1 line thus far.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i guess i am the only one playing this game :lol: ....but chris had 0 scenes and 0 lines this week. 5 more episodes to go, chris has had 1 line thus far.

It is weird how little they use him. Mrs. Brody is the only member of the Brody I'm interested in seeing anymore.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    grooveme wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

(and no Dana drama)

Just saw you were from Dallas. You doing the 2 shows this weekend? :D

Yes we will be there. How about you? Can't wait! Hope I don't end up having to work tomorrow. It will be difficult to concentrate!
  • Options
    Yes! Doing Dallas and OKC. I'm taking tomorrow off so it will be a PJ day.

Great weekend ahead of me!

Friday - Pearl Jam
    Saturday - Pearl Jam
    Sunday - New episode of Homeland.

:lol:
  • Options

It is weird how little they use him. Mrs. Brody is the only member of the Brody I'm interested in seeing anymore.
    0 scenes. 0 lines again this week.

this week's episode was nuts. i need to see it again to figure out what the hell is happening.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    i liked the episode...wondering carrie get shot,may has pro with the baby..and lets bring brodie back.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    This whole pregnancy angle is awful. And Carrie about to jeopardize that entire operation just to prove that Brody wasn't the bomber???? So dumb…I'm glad Quinn shot her.
  • Options
    This whole pregnancy angle is awful. And Carrie about to jeopardize that entire operation just to prove that Brody wasn't the bomber???? So dumb…I'm glad Quinn shot her.

as soon as that happened this was my text to a friend:

"hopefully the baby dies"

his response:

"bet you never thought you'd be texting that"

but in defense of carrie---the bomber is the father of her child. so you can understand that causing her to act irrationally, i guess.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    i agree
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

as soon as that happened this was my text to a friend:

"hopefully the baby dies"

his response:

"bet you never thought you'd be texting that"

but in defense of carrie---the bomber is the father of her child. so you can understand that causing her to act irrationally, i guess.

I said the same exact thing to my wife. She looked at me like I was insane.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that Carrie did that with all of the other crazy bullshit she has pulled with Brody.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Got up to speed on this show last night. Kind of pissed I have to watch it week to week now. I don't hate this season as much as most of you guys, probably too much Dana, but feel like they have to show what is happening with the family given the situation. The creep boyfriend was probably unnecessary though.

Saul is the man.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Got up to speed on this show last night. Kind of pissed I have to watch it week to week now. I don't hate this season as much as most of you guys, probably too much Dana, but feel like they have to show what is happening with the family given the situation. The creep boyfriend was probably unnecessary though.

Saul is the man.

nice...i like this season. the last 4 episodes have more than made up for the first few to me...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

what she saw was the body of dead supposed bomber. of course shed want that guy alive.. death covers up too much shit. can you imagine if they trotted that guy out as the bomber? the conspiracy theorists would climb all over it... oh sure the guy cant speak for himself or defend himself cause hes (conveniently) dead. so yeah no surprise carrie wanted him alive... also if he admitted to be the langley bomber itd put any misgivings she had about brody being the bomber o rest.. cause im sure theres a tiny part of her that suspects him. oh and damn... the pregnancy is real.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I love how some moments can get my adrenalin UP. It was, thankfully and finally, a good rush of an episode...stupid pregnancy plot aside. She drank, took lithium...suuure the baby is OK.

Still...

Poor Quinn.

Poor(er) Brody.

And the out-of-left-field thing with Mira's dude. Is she or they gonna get blown up? I thought that was coming.

Poor(est) Saul. Just love him.

This show is one fun mindfuck of a ride.
  • Options
    oh and what about that dude having the fling with sauls wife.... whats his deal?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    More Saul.
    I would be happy if carrie and brody died and the show focused on Saul. I like Quinn a lot too although i think he is going to die this season.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22