Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    grooveme wrote:
    Excellent! Back to the spy stuff. I just fast forwarded most of the kids scenes. Way less annoying

Epi could've been titled "Saul's very very very bad day".

Excited to see next week's show.

I think the yoga comment was made because they aren't sure if she is playing them and he is trying to rattle her even more. As if the abduction wouldn't have been enough. Of course, they may have "made" her and she is in a world of trouble.

you fast forwarded through the kids scenes?

:?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    grooveme wrote:
    Excellent! Back to the spy stuff. I just fast forwarded most of the kids scenes. Way less annoying

I think the yoga comment was made because they aren't sure if she is playing them and he is trying to rattle her even more. As if the abduction wouldn't have been enough. Of course, they may have "made" her and she is in a world of trouble.

All but the last one. Wish I'd have thought of it a few episodes ago. Was in a hurry last night to get back to the World Series
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:
    grooveme wrote:

All but the last one. Wish I'd have thought of it a few episodes ago. Was in a hurry last night to get back to the World Series

no you can't do that. :lol:

that just doesn't sound right to me. if you want to get back the world series, just watch homeland another night. a show this good is meant to be soaked up, not rushed through. as annoying as dana is, they're obviously (well, hopefully) featuring her for a reason. i'm thinking she will probably play some kind of role in brody coming back to the states somehow.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    All but the last one. Wish I'd have thought of it a few episodes ago. Was in a hurry last night to get back to the World Series[/quote]

you can't do that. :lol:

that just doesn't sound right to me. if you want to get back the world series, just watch homeland another night. a show this good is meant to be soaked up, not rushed through. as annoying as dana is, they're obviously (well, hopefully) featuring her for a reason. i'm thinking she will probably play some kind of role in brody coming back to the states somehow.[/quote]

Well I had company. I figured I could go back and watch it later. Although i havent! ;) I used to watch every epi twice most nights. This is definitely a change of pace.
  • Options
    i do not approve of that kind of television viewing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    After watching the latest on demand, I feel like I did when first falling in love with this show.

(about fucking time!)

*swoons*
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

I fast forwarded through all the Dana scenes when she ran away from home. :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The latest episode was pretty awesome. Except the mom going to carrie for help. I thought that was weird, but i guess they needed a way to connect the plot lines and get carrie to do something stupid... :?

Otherwise though very happy.

I like Saul a ton.

I take no issue with the kid scenes. I enjoy them. I find it odd they don't spend more time developing the brother.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:

No shit! Poor Saul. I just watched the episode over my lunch break. That was an outstanding episode!! I was on the edge of my seat for half of it! Even the Dana scenes worked. Homeland is back!!! The writers definitely knew what they were doing this season.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    The latest episode was pretty awesome. Except the mom going to carrie for help. I thought that was weird, but i guess they needed a way to connect the plot lines and get carrie to do something stupid... :?

Otherwise though very happy.

I like Saul a ton.

I take no issue with the kid scenes. I enjoy them. I find it odd they don't spend more time developing the brother.

It also builds suspense for the viewer wondering if Carrie will get back in time or if she got made. Also, now the thug saw Quinn's face so he can't do something like that again without putting the mission in Jeopardy. I wonder if that will come into play later.

The mom going to Carrie's didn't bother me. Dana had been gone for 3 days and she was desperate. How did she know where Carrie lived though? Am I forgetting something from a previous season?

I felt bad for Saul when the Senator laughed in his face and the stunt that was pulled on him at the party..and then when he got home..Ouch!!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,361
    Better Dan wrote:
    The mom going to Carrie's didn't bother me. Dana had been gone for 3 days and she was desperate. How did she know where Carrie lived though? Am I forgetting something from a previous season?
    And how did she know that Carrie was out of the hospital? I thought that was a strange scene to be honest, why didn't she go to Mike for help finding Dana?

I really didn't think the episode was that great to be honest. Better than the previous ones yes, but it's still too soon to get excited about this show again.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    goldrush wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    And how did she know that Carrie was out of the hospital? I thought that was a strange scene to be honest, why didn't she go to Mike for help finding Dana?

Didn't she go to Mike in the previous episode? I'm guessing that didn't work and figured Carrie would be able to find her since she's CIA. Who knows. But Carrie was pretty dumb to jeopardize the whole ploy they had going all because of Dana.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

actually a guy at work today told me he did the same thing. i don't get it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    goldrush wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

I really didn't think the episode was that great to be honest. Better than the previous ones yes, but it's still too soon to get excited about this show again.

how would she know carrie was even IN hospital.???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I thought from Saul's testimony?

(and can we get some more Brody action in finally already?)
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I probably wouldn't do it, but I understand why people would. Whenever Dana appears on screen, I usually check twitter on my ipad and only kinda pay attention. The amount of time wasted on her so far this season has been crazy.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I probably wouldn't do it, but I understand why people would. Whenever Dana appears on screen, I usually check twitter on my ipad and only kinda pay attention. The amount of time wasted on her so far this season has been crazy.
    Could Dana be the Homeland equivalent of Even Flow live?
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

:lol::lol:

Not sure if you were a 24 fan, but she is the new Kim Bauer. Big time. And maybe even worse.
  • Options
    over under on how many lines chris will have all season? so far, i think he has muttered 2 or 3 sentences. this week's episode was funny. you just see him slowly appear from behind a wall as dana was walking back to her room. this kid must be the worst actor in the world for them to make him that insignificant.

i'm saying about 5 lines more for the next 7 episodes. what say you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

:lol::lol:

Not sure if you were a 24 fan, but she is the new Kim Bauer. Big time. And maybe even worse.

i didn't watch that show, but at least that actress was eliza cuthbert:
    1368446862_elisha-elisha-cuthbert-1412371-1024-768-454x340.jpg

just slightly easier on the eyes than dana :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hedonist wrote:
    I thought from Saul's testimony?

(and can we get some more Brody action in finally already?)

aah yeah that sounds likely.. I cant remember what lies he told under oath. ;)

and yes please please please more brody.... I need my gingernut back. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I need my gingernut back. 8-)
    Ha! I'd read your post last night with this (fitting) term.

This morning, we were watching a police pursuit on the local news and the chopper following it flew by a huge billboard for Homeland, with Brody and Carrie on it.

I said "hey, it's gingernut!" :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sesame Street's Homeland parody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zL106SGZ8
  • Options
    what did everyone think? decent episode. liked how carrie was able to turn the tables though i'm a little unsure of how that unfolded. watched it late after the game and was sleepy.

however....is it brody's baby? gotta be right? god i hope i was dreaming that scene. introducing a baby to this show has disaster written all over it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    Better Dan wrote:

i did the same thing at my pc today
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    what did everyone think? decent episode. liked how carrie was able to turn the tables though i'm a little unsure of how that unfolded. watched it late after the game and was sleepy.

however....is it brody's baby? gotta be right? god i hope i was dreaming that scene. introducing a baby to this show has disaster written all over it.

Liked it. Saul is falling apart and Carrie is coping well, for a change. Quinn is a solid, quietly competent GREAT partner with Carrie. I Loved his comment about her crazy Brody sightings map- "You're doing your job" - when they both know that isn't the reason. The interrogation should be riveting. And I'm sure there will be fallout from the murders Javadi committed.

Poor Carrie, that test isn't going to magically be negative one day :cry:

I guess that's why she stopped her meds? Not sure what the thorazine shot would do to a pregnancy - nothing good, I assume. And I don't know why they wouldn't give her a preg test on admission before forcibly drugging her. Maybe they considered her an emergency because she acted/was so out of control.
  • Options

I assume it's Brody's based on the number of tests in the drawer. Yes, that was a real soapy turn. Like a soap, she will more likely miscarry than end up with a baby, but who knows.

She turned things around with Javadi by making him clear the room, then letting him know that Saul found out that he was stealing money from his bosses in Iran, and blackmailing him with the info
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:

I assume it's Brody's based on the number of tests in the drawer. Yes, that was a real soapy turn. Like a soap, she will more likely miscarry than end up with a baby, but who knows.

She turned things around with Javadi by making him clear the room, then letting him know that Saul found out that he was stealing money from his bosses in Iran, and blackmailing him with the info

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh......okay that makes sense. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,361
    Yep, I can't really see how that storyline is going to be a success.

Also, the Brody family story was woeful this week. One minute Dana is running away from home with someone her mother didn't really know and everyone is freaking out. Then she's back home for about 6 seconds before leaving home... to live with someone her mother doesn't know. Apparently it's ok this time though (even if Chris still couldn't find anything to say)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    All in all a good week.

As i've said i've enjoyed the dana story, but no matter how bitter or angry the girl is how does a mother let her daughter walk out the door with a person she doesn't know.

My mom would have beat my ass :lol:

I like quinn a lot. That iranian dude went nuts in that house that was cool.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22