Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Great episode.
    Not sure how the hell he's going to get out of that office...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    mca47 wrote:
    Great episode.

I can't see him living. Dude has had 97 lives, it's about time they kill him. Not sure where the show would go though.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    mca47 wrote:
    Great episode.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Great episode.

I can't see him living. Dude has had 97 lives, it's about time they kill him. Not sure where the show would go though.

Yeah, Brody needs to go for sure. That character has definitely run its course.

I could see Saul and Carrie chasing some new terrorists or threats next season...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Great episode.

Yeah, Brody needs to go for sure. That character has definitely run its course.

I could see Saul and Carrie chasing some new terrorists or threats next season...

Yeah, I bet he's gonna die. If not by the Iranians, I can see the CIA still taking him out. Either Carrie doesn't get the message to the CIA in time, or they take him out even with that knowledge. I could see the latter. He can't possibly come back to the US. He's the most wanted man in the world. Even if the agency clears his name, how could anyone live a semi-normal life after all that?

Or...
    The CIA gets word of it, and lets the Iranians take him to kill him. Realistically there is nothing they can do (Carrie and those two hitmen aren't exactly going to be able to take on that amount of security). By letting him die, it'll look like he did it all on his own whereby avoiding the Iranians knowing the CIA/US was involved in the assassination.
  • Options
    Something I didn't really understand from the episode.
    Shouldn't Akbari know that Brody didn't actually blow up Langley?

I mean, Jevadi knew Brody didn't do it...you'd think that he was probably working closely with Akbari.

Someone was trying to frame Brody. After Abu Nazir died, the confession tape was released. Nazir, Akbari planned Brody's "game"...I have a hard time believing Akbari didn't know this information, then allowed him to be alone with him... :?
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,308
    Part of me hopes Brody dies in the final episode because I can't see how much further they can stretch the believability of the character. However, Homeland without Brody would suck, mainly because Carrie is such a nightmare, so I kinda hope they kill her off too.

Season 4 with Saul, Quinn and some new characters might be good, but if Carrie is in it (and not Brody) then I'm not so sure.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

I mean, Jevadi knew Brody didn't do it...you'd think that he was probably working closely with Akbari.

Someone was trying to frame Brody. After Abu Nazir died, the confession tape was released. Nazir, Akbari planned Brody's "game"...I have a hard time believing Akbari didn't know this information, then allowed him to be alone with him... :?

Yeah I was thinking that too. But then I realized that logic has gone out the window with this show. Brody has no issue getting into rooms alone with some of the most powerful men in the world….and killing them!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah I was thinking that too. But then I realized that logic has gone out the window with this show. Brody has no issue getting into rooms alone with some of the most powerful men in the world….and killing them!!!!
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

:lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    goldrush wrote:

Season 4 with Saul, Quinn and some new characters might be good, but if Carrie is in it (and not Brody) then I'm not so sure.

I'd be fine with that. What about the new analyst? A possible replacement for Carrie?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Better Dan wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

I'd be fine with that. What about the new analyst? A possible replacement for Carrie?
    Fara? I thought about that, but she's just not as...compelling.

I dig Carrie's layers. Chick's an onion.

Speaking of which, the scene where she caught a glimpse of her belly showing...kind of sweet yet disturbing.

The fuck is she thinking?

(ok, to be fair...the fuck do the writers think she's thinking? :P )
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    [

Fara? I thought about that, but she's just not as...compelling.

I dig Carrie's layers. Chick's an onion.

Speaking of which, the scene where she caught a glimpse of her belly showing...kind of sweet yet disturbing.

The fuck is she thinking?

(ok, to be fair...the fuck do the writers think she's thinking? :P )[/quote]

I'd definitely be OK if Carrie went away. She continues to put her love for Brody in front of her job AND national security. The writers can't keep letting her get away with that. And this whole baby storyline is fucking insane. She can't raise a child! She can't even take care of herself.
  • Options
    Had to happen. Will be interesting to see where the show goes
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Had to happen. Will be interesting to see where the show goes
    i was thinkig the same...
    saul must be on play..the show will suck without him
  • Options
    pretty anti climatic. i'm glad they killed him. like cliff said, it had to be done. i think javadi will kind of play the brodi role moving forward. is he with us? is he still more aligned with iran? the scene with him and carrie towards the end was really good. the show just needs to get back to that sort of stuff, rather than walk the line of bad soap opera.

as much as most of us didn't like all the screen time dana and brody's family got early (except his wife, god bless her).....none of them were even in the 2nd half of the season except that one scene with dana at the motel. pretty weird. just an uneven season all around.

in my opinion, the first season was one of the better one's in television history...but it's also their curse because these last 2, while good, have paled in comparison to the original. they'll never be able to match that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pretty anti climatic. i'm glad they killed him. like cliff said, it had to be done. i think javadi will kind of play the brodi role moving forward. is he with us? is he still more aligned with iran? the scene with him and carrie towards the end was really good. the show just needs to get back to that sort of stuff, rather than walk the line of bad soap opera.

as much as most of us didn't like all the screen time dana and brody's family got early (except his wife, god bless her).....none of them were even in the 2nd half of the season except that one scene with dana at the motel. pretty weird. just an uneven season all around.

in my opinion, the first season was one of the better one's in television history...but it's also their curse because these last 2, while good, have paled in comparison to the original. they'll never be able to match that.

The family isn't in the next season either, at least regularly, so it looks like that storyline is dead. The entire show should have really just been the first season, once he lived past that it got far fetched but I still really like it and will watch it till the end.

I thought the first half hour of last night was really tense, kept waiting for someone to pop out, then the back half was slow setting up next season
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Kinda pissed that the news yesterday morning mentioned that Damien Lewis' contract wasn't renewed for next season.

Thanks for the spoiler, fuckers!

So yeah, I had a sense of what was coming - though his hanging scene was still pretty intense...not to mention the rabid clusterfuck of people watching him.

Also, when Saul and his wife were enjoying their downtime, there was a far-away shot of where they were lounging - I expected it to be blown up or something. Sure hope he's involved in next season.

Hell, I just hope next season is better than this one.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

Also, when Saul and his wife were enjoying their downtime, there was a far-away shot of where they were lounging - I expected it to be blown up or something. Sure hope he's involved in next season.

Yeah, I was ready for that too.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Yeah, I was ready for that too.
  • Options

Yep…it doesn't get much better than that first season. The beginning of the 2nd season was pretty damn good too. Good read from Grantland on how this show has kinda went down the drain…..

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... -lost-show

Hopefully this show reinvents itself in a good way next season.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    The Jawadi character is intriguing. I actually thought that at the last minute something would get done to rescue Brody. It was an uneven season, sometimes tedious to watch but I'll still be watching whenever season four is.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,308
    This season has been so far fetched at times that I was half expecting a Brody body double to get out of the car at the public hanging. :lol:

I liked the way they finished his story off though. They had to kill him off, they couldn't have justified clearing his name or him living a normal life again. I thought the way the character came to terms with what he'd done and the price he had to pay was well written. I also liked the way that Carrie added his star - no hysterics or bug eyed yelling, just a quiet mark of respect. You can tell Meredith Stiehm was back on board for this episode.

Season 4 will be interesting...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    This season has been so far fetched at times that I was half expecting a Brody body double to get out of the car at the public hanging. :lol:

I liked the way they finished his story off though. They had to kill him off, they couldn't have justified clearing his name or him living a normal life again. I thought the way the character came to terms with what he'd done and the price he had to pay was well written. I also liked the way that Carrie added his star - no hysterics or bug eyed yelling, just a quiet mark of respect. You can tell Meredith Stiehm was back on board for this episode.

let's be honest...they had to kill him and they did. but the fact that he killed the head of the iranian national army (or whatever his title was) and just walked out of the building...then drove away in a car and didn't get caught at that point......well, yeah. come on! :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:

let's be honest...they had to kill him and they did. but the fact that he killed the head of the iranian national army (or whatever his title was) and just walked out of the building...then drove away in a car and didn't get caught at that point......well, yeah. come on! :lol:

Yep, the more I think about that, the more ridiculous it is. But as the past season and a half with this show has taught us, plausibility has gone out the window.

It's also funny to see some of the reviews of the finale and the "shocking twist". Was it really that shocking that Brody is dead?? The guy should have been killed off at the end of season 1. It would have been more shocking if he wasn't killed.
  • Options
    when this will come back??fall?
  • Options

when this will come back??fall?

Yeah, it's usually end of September/early October when this comes back.
  • Options
    Yarden said:
    i do not have high expectations...it's almost like it will be a new show
    chinese-happy.jpg