Homeland

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    how creepy is that "doctor" treating brody?

my wife was scared of him :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Is it me, or has this show jumped the shark? This first 3 episodes have been a complete snoozefest. I'm not invested in any of it. I'm all for character development, but c'mon Homeland, can something interesting please happen soon?
    Masters of Sex deserves a better lead in.

someone wants carrie out of the way. why?

I haven't quite got a handle on saul yet. he seems to be acting in carries interest by getting her family to commit her.. but then he also does shit that is detrimental to her that contributes to her 'breaks in reality'.

I'm not sure what's up with Saul, either. He has to balance national security with his affection for Carrie, though. He may really have convinced himself that committing her was the best thing for her AND the CIA. But why he sold her out, making her go off the rails in the first place, I don't know. That was a real dickhead move, as Quinn pointed out.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    how creepy is that "doctor" treating brody?

my wife was scared of him :lol:
    Yes! Badass acting on his part.

This pansy-ass wuss covered her eyes when he was instructing the kid how to pinch Brody's vein (now there's a visual).

I've seen him in other stuff before, and the creepiness is pretty consistent.
  • grooveme wrote:

I'm not sure what's up with Saul, either. He has to balance national security with his affection for Carrie, though. He may really have convinced himself that committing her was the best thing for her AND the CIA. But why he sold her out, making her go off the rails in the first place, I don't know. That was a real dickhead move, as Quinn pointed out.

Saul was under oath and told the truth to a senate committee. He's running the CIA now so he can't keep lying to protect Carrie. He's gotta draw the line somewhere.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    grooveme wrote:

Saul was under oath and told the truth to a senate committee. He's running the CIA now so he can't keep lying to protect Carrie. He's gotta draw the line somewhere.

actually Saul didn't really tell the truth. he lied about not knowing about her mental health and also the affair with brody.

I think this week show was actually really good with brody returning and also carrie looking like she is going to flip. I like the new woman on the show but i am forgetting her name. she is the one who is helping saul with the money issue and with the bankers.
  • Well that was quite a twist last night...
    Well that was quite a twist last night...

No kidding. Looks like the season will be picking up.

So was she playacting going off the rails, or did all that really make her go off the rails? I think both. I guess Saul is keeping this close to his vest since he is still concerned about a mole?
  • Best episode of the season so far. I suspected they were doing this to play the Iranians since they seemed to keep running that storyline around in circles.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    grooveme wrote:
    Well that was quite a twist last night...

No kidding. Looks like the season will be picking up.

So was she playacting going off the rails, or did all that really make her go off the rails? I think both. I guess Saul is keeping this close to his vest since he is still concerned about a mole?

bravo carrie bravo. I did not see that coming. :clap:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am not sure how i feel about the big reveal. A bit mixed.

I am glad Saul is on Carrie's side afterall.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    'Homeland' showrunner on that huge twist, and defending season 3

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/21/homel ... interview/

So the game has been on since the bombing. That's good, I think.

I'll bet that Saul doesn't know that Carrie helped Brody escape, or does he?
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    grooveme wrote:
    'Homeland' showrunner on that huge twist, and defending season 3

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/21/homel ... interview/

So the game has been on since the bombing. That's good, I think.

I'll bet that Saul doesn't know that Carrie helped Brody escape, or does he?

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I just got caught up last night.
    I think this season has been fantastic so far. Not sure why the show runner whould have to defend himself.
  • mca47 wrote:
    I think this season has been fantastic so far. Not sure why the show runner whould have to defend himself.

You've liked the whole season? Even with the big twist on Sunday that made some of the early struggles of the season worth it, there has been WAY too much time spent on Dana. I get that they are trying to show the impact on Brody's family, but the amount of time spent on Dana and her creepy new boyfriend has been ridiculous.

This show used to be a must-watch on Sunday nights. Now I'm just fine waiting until Monday to watch on DVR. I'd much rather watch Sunday night football or The Walking Dead.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,467
    mca47 wrote:

You've liked the whole season? Even with the big twist on Sunday that made some of the early struggles of the season worth it, there has been WAY too much time spent on Dana. I get that they are trying to show the impact on Brody's family, but the amount of time spent on Dana and her creepy new boyfriend has been ridiculous.

This show used to be a must-watch on Sunday nights. Now I'm just fine waiting until Monday to watch on DVR. I'd much rather watch Sunday night football or The Walking Dead.
    I agree, the Dana storyline is getting way too much airtime. If they are trying to show the impact on Brody's family, what about Chris? He's younger than Dana, barely knew Brody before he came back from the war and is now the son of the most wanted man in America but we've hardly seen him. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly want to see more of him (or any of the Brody family), it's just that it doesn't seem to have affected him at all.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Just caught up yesterday. I think other than the Dana stuff, the season has been pretty good. Not as exciting or "edge of your seat" as previous seasons just yet, but still good.

I do agree with Indifference about being okay to wait for episodes this season. Like him, I used to have to watch on Sunday night, now I'm fine waiting a few days or even a week if I have other stuff going on. It's still good though and I'm kind of shocked at the hatred this season seems to be getting online. I thought the teaser for next week's episode looked really good.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    mca47 wrote:

There have been lots of people complaining this season about the slow start and too much crazy Carrie with seemingly little plot development. At least the thing with Carrie is now shown to make some sense (many questioned the sudden character change in Saul). And it's not too much fun to watch Carrie and Brody getting tortured, imho. The first 3 episodes could easily have been condensed into 2 good episodes. People have also complained that there has been too much Dana, and while I don't hate her as some do, I agree
  • wow..just saw..this is getting better
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    mca47 wrote:

It's always been a DVR show for me. I like it, but I'd rather watch Walking Dead over it any day.

Yeah, there has been too much Dana, I'll give you that annnnnnd I knew Saul and Carrie were up to something. Saul loves Carrie like a daughter so i knew something was going to come up.
    goldrush wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I agree, the Dana storyline is getting way too much airtime. If they are trying to show the impact on Brody's family, what about Chris? He's younger than Dana, barely knew Brody before he came back from the war and is now the son of the most wanted man in America but we've hardly seen him. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly want to see more of him (or any of the Brody family), it's just that it doesn't seem to have affected him at all.

Chris is only allowed 4 words per episode. Poor thing. :) But really he doesn't have the close relationship with his father that Dana did. He's more into Mike, I think
    finally saw this week's episode. i liked the twist. makes these first few episodes seem a bit more worthwhile. i still look forward to watching this every sunday (last week there was an issue with the dvr).....but yeah, i don't think they will ever be able to match the intensity that was about every second of season 1.
    www.myspace.com
  • but yeah, i don't think they will ever be able to match the intensity that was about every second of season 1.

No way. That first season was just awesome. The anticipation I had every week was crazy...almost to the level it was for the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad. Where I think this show really went off the tracks was not killing Brody at the end of the first season. From what I've read, sounds like the writers felt like they had to keep Brody around after seeing how great Damien Lewis was...especially his chemistry on screen with Claire Danes.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    but yeah, i don't think they will ever be able to match the intensity that was about every second of season 1.

No way. That first season was just awesome. The anticipation I had every week was crazy...almost to the level it was for the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad. Where I think this show really went off the tracks was not killing Brody at the end of the first season. From what I've read, sounds like the writers felt like they had to keep Brody around after seeing how great Damien Lewis was...especially his chemistry on screen with Claire Danes.
    yeah.. seems like the salvation of the show would come from killing Brody and then starting all over with a new bad guy like Abu Nazir next season. still, don't know if it would be as good as season 1..
    i still look forward to a new episode, though not like i used to..
    Yarden wrote:
    but yeah, i don't think they will ever be able to match the intensity that was about every second of season 1.

yeah.. seems like the salvation of the show would come from killing Brody and then starting all over with a new bad guy like Abu Nazir next season. still, don't know if it would be as good as season 1..
    i still look forward to a new episode, though not like i used to..

i understand the sentiment....but brody is obviously such an integral part of the show, i understand them feeling they needed him. especially for the family aspect. it got annoying, but i was interested in seeing how they coped all of that.

on a side note, did anyone see 60 minutes last week? there was an interview with dick cheyney. he was talking about his heart problems and admitted that the episode where the vp was killed by the terrorists hacking into his heart monitor thing was actually realistic. it was actually something that they worried about while he was in office and they took steps to make sure it didn't happen.

kind of made me appreciate that episode more....however, them having brody be in a room alone with the vp for that long--and then not having him be questioned about anything is still absolutely ridiculous.
    www.myspace.com

• i understand the sentiment....but brody is obviously such an integral part of the show, i understand them feeling they needed him. especially for the family aspect. it got annoying, but i was interested in seeing how they coped all of that.

on a side note, did anyone see 60 minutes last week? there was an interview with dick cheyney. he was talking about his heart problems and admitted that the episode where the vp was killed by the terrorists hacking into his heart monitor thing was actually realistic. it was actually something that they worried about while he was in office and they took steps to make sure it didn't happen.

kind of made me appreciate that episode more....however, them having brody be in a room alone with the vp for that long--and then not having him be questioned about anything is still absolutely ridiculous.

I did read that news story about Cheney and the pacemaker. I was shocked to see that. I guess killing the VP that way wasn't so far-fetched. But yeah, Brody being in the office with him like that is just one of many giant plot holes from last season.
    feel like the show is getting back on track. tonight was phenomenal.
    www.myspace.com
  • feel like the show is getting back on track. tonight was phenomenal.
    damn,need towaittill wensday to watch it,have issies with internet
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    feel like the show is getting back on track. tonight was phenomenal.

yes.. hopefully it won't slow down again..
  • feel like the show is getting back on track. tonight was phenomenal.

Yeah that was good last night...I like where this season is heading. Still don't like that we had to suffer through 3 rough episodes to start the season....seemed like a cheap narrative trick my the writers. And for the love of christ, no more Dana!!!
    Excellent! Back to the spy stuff. I just fast forwarded most of the kids scenes. Way less annoying

Epi could've been titled "Saul's very very very bad day".

Excited to see next week's show.

I think the yoga comment was made because they aren't sure if she is playing them and he is trying to rattle her even more. As if the abduction wouldn't have been enough. Of course, they may have "made" her and she is in a world of trouble.