Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,786
    hedonist wrote:
    Ha! I thought I was being over-Dana'd too, but I kinda got where she was coming from toward the end.

Speaking of the end...jeezus, I bet Saul feels like shit. That scene with Carrie's mouth (and soul) all fucked up was tough to watch.

every scene where carrie is off her meds is tough to watch....slow start.

Yeah, those are uncomfortable scenes to watch. Claire Danes plays a great nut job.

Way, way, way too much Dana. It was funny reading all the comments on twitter last night.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    like the last min of the episode...watched the trailoer from next one..seems Brondy show up.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Claire Danes plays a great nut job.
    Yes she does! Voice, eyebrows, body language...the whole thing.

The injection scene was reminiscent of MacMurphy getting zapped in Cuckoo's Nest...as in, I cringed.

(also looking forward to the return of Brondy :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I enjoyed last night's episode and liked it more than the premiere overall. Each Dana scene just brought the whole show to a halt, but still didn't ruin the episode for me. The only scene with her I liked was after she got home. I thought everything else about this episode was good though. Claire Danes did a fantastic job, as always, and I am really liking the Quinn character. Brody returns next week!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Brody should have blown up at the end of the first season along with the bomb he was wearing. That would’ve sent a clear message that the show was willing to take chances, and it would’ve removed the training wheels that is Brody. By keeping him around, the show has never had to really figure itself out."

-- Starlee Kine, Esquire

I think she's gotta point.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Watched 8 episodes of season two this weekend. Can't wait to finish it up this week and catch up.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    I enjoyed last night's episode and liked it more than the premiere overall. Each Dana scene just brought the whole show to a halt, but still didn't ruin the episode for me. The only scene with her I liked was after she got home. I thought everything else about this episode was good though. Claire Danes did a fantastic job, as always, and I am really liking the Quinn character. Brody returns next week!

Really? It completely killed the episode for me. Seemed like more than half of the episode was about Dana. No one gives a shit about Dana and her boyfriend. Dana is approaching Kim Bauer territory from '24'.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Really? It completely killed the episode for me. Seemed like more than half of the episode was about Dana. No one gives a shit about Dana and her boyfriend. Dana is approaching Kim Bauer territory from '24'.

I expected it after the premiere, but I agree her scenes were slow, worthless, and boring. Hopefully the rest of the season's episodes have less Dana and family now that Brody is returning to the show.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,366
    Better Dan wrote:

Yeah, the Dana scenes spoiled the second episode for me. I liked the scene in the bathroom when she got home but the rest were a bit of a waste.

Also, I think Claire Danes is always really close to overacting as Carrie. I find myself being annoyed by her as often as I am impressed to be honest. Maybe that's what makes it a good performance but Carrie is too over the top to be believable sometimes
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Watched 8 episodes of season two this weekend. Can't wait to finish it up this week and catch up.

everyone dies at the end of season 2.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I must be the only one that does not mind the dana scenes and the fallout of the brody mess and how it changed their family. I likedthe dana scenes, the peter scenes, and the new girl on the cia team a lot.

The carrie stuff was annoying to me. :?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    intodeep wrote:
    I must be the only one that does not mind the dana scenes and the fallout of the brody mess and how it changed their family. I likedthe dana scenes, the peter scenes, and the new girl on the cia team a lot.

the Brody family stuff isn't bothering me.. it's interesting to see how it effects them.. the Dana sex scene was weird to watch because she looks really young...
    the crazy Carrie stuff was great in the first season but now it just feels like we're watching the same thing over and over with her..
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yarden wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

the Brody family stuff isn't bothering me.. it's interesting to see how it effects them.. the Dana sex scene was weird to watch because she looks really young...
    the crazy Carrie stuff was great in the first season but now it just feels like we're watching the same thing over and over with her..

Yeah i agree i kind of thought they could have conveyed the same point about dana and her buddy in a different way. It was kind of creepy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Another episode that was just kind of "blah". Not sure where they are going with this season. I'll continue to watch, but definitely don't get as excited as I used to for this show.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Brody :mrgreen:

very slow episode..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Another episode that was just kind of "blah". Not sure where they are going with this season. I'll continue to watch, but definitely don't get as excited as I used to for this show.
    I liked the held-against-their-will parallel between Carrie's & Brody's situations, but yeah...last night's was worthy of just a "meh" from me.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    I liked the held-against-their-will parallel between Carrie's & Brody's situations, but yeah...last night's was worthy of just a "meh" from me.

Oh yeah, I completely get what they were trying to do there but I was just so bored throughout the entire episode.
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    edited October 2013
    Wow, that was depressing. I am hoping that Brody and Carrie are bottoming out and things will look up. I'd like to see the CIA chasing some terrorists, not dwell further on Carrie and Brody in their respective hells.

I did like the comment about Brody being like a cockroach - people die all around him yet he keeps going on. He sure has created a lot of fallout (and I think the first two episodes were important in showing the devastation wreaked on his family AND Carrie)
    Post edited by grooveme on
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,366
    Good thing about episode 3 - no Dana/Brody family this week

Bad thing about episode 3 - Brody isn't Jack Bauer. He sneaked out and had a shower before getting caught and beaten up again. Jack would have killed his captors, escaped, got caught again, been beaten half to death, escaped again, finished building the tower block and rescued Carrie all before the sun set!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    Good thing about episode 3 - no Dana/Brody family this week

Bad thing about episode 3 - Brody isn't Jack Bauer. He sneaked out and had a shower before getting caught and beaten up again. Jack would have killed his captors, escaped, got caught again, been beaten half to death, escaped again, finished building the tower block and rescued Carrie all before the sun set!

So true! And probably killed at least 2 dozen people
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    whats that dudes story????

and yeah!!! brody.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    yeah pretty boring.

this is probably a stupid question, but why are these guys not cashing in on the $10,000,000 bounty? i know the head dude said they know carrie. so what? are they doing her a favor? i couldn't figure that out.

and how the hell did he get to venezuela anyway?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I guess this is a question to be answered sometime this season. maybe brody went there from Canada knowing theres no extradition agreement between the US and Venezuela... and then got his silly arse shot in a bon jovi moment. *shrugs*
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

I guess this is a question to be answered sometime this season. maybe brody went there from Canada knowing theres no extradition agreement between the US and Venezuela... and then got his silly arse shot in a bon jovi moment. *shrugs*

a blaze of glory?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

a blaze of glory?

was thinking more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    yeah pretty boring.

this is probably a stupid question, but why are these guys not cashing in on the $10,000,000 bounty? i know the head dude said they know carrie. so what? are they doing her a favor? i couldn't figure that out.

That head guy must owe Carrie something big, like his life or a family member's life, for them to be keeping Brody alive instead of collecting $10 mil
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:
    yeah pretty boring.

That head guy must owe Carrie something big, like his life or a family member's life, for them to be keeping Brody alive instead of collecting $10 mil

thy enemy of thy enemy is thy friend*. 8-)

* tho not necessarily. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Is it me, or has this show jumped the shark? This first 3 episodes have been a complete snoozefest. I'm not invested in any of it. I'm all for character development, but c'mon Homeland, can something interesting please happen soon?
    Masters of Sex deserves a better lead in.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Is it me, or has this show jumped the shark? This first 3 episodes have been a complete snoozefest. I'm not invested in any of it. I'm all for character development, but c'mon Homeland, can something interesting please happen soon?

someone wants carrie out of the way. why?

I haven't quite got a handle on saul yet. he seems to be acting in carries interest by getting her family to commit her.. but then he also does shit that is detrimental to her that contributes to her 'breaks in reality'.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

I read an interview with the showrunner where he said they intentionally wanted to start off slower due to complaints about season 2. I actually liked season 2. Parts of it reminded of 24, but I loved 24. Homeland also lost 3 of its writers this year. I haven't seen the latest episode, but I thought hte first 2 episodes were okay. Just okay isn't enough to get me excited about the next episodes though. I'll keep with it this season to see where they go. I still have faith that they know what they are doing. :) Disappointed to hear that people felt that the most recent episode was boring. I'll catch it later this week.