Options

American Horror Story

Comments

• Options
    mca47 wrote:
    But with Constance being the neighbor, and knowing about the house, living at the house, but surviving the house? Just to be the neighbor? Weird. I'd think I'd be long gone if I killed two people and got away with it.

Just think she is a different form of something that we don't know about yet

Yeah, there is def more to her than just a prying neighbor who simply knows the history of the house. That house would have killed her a long time ago!

Constance killed the maid...cuz the maid was foolin around w/ her husband. That is her connection. That was the 2nd or 3rd episode I think.

Way way more to it then that.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Thank God the thread says "spoilers warning" because it is very important to do everything we can to make sure people who haven't seen the show or aren't caught up don't get spoiled. It isn't their responsibility to stay away from a thread if they think it will "spoil" it for them.

I don't usually watch the show until Friday, so guess what I do? I don't look at this thread until I have seen it. Can we please stop with the tiptoeing around everyone who hasn't seen something? If you haven't seen it and are worried about being spoiled: stay away. Pretty simple. What else would a thread titled "American Horror Story" be about? Of course it's going to discuss the show with spoilers.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    its premiering on uk tv tonight - looking forward to it, just hope its as good as all the hype.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    rrivers wrote:
    Thank God the thread says "spoilers warning" because it is very important to do everything we can to make sure people who haven't seen the show or aren't caught up don't get spoiled. It isn't their responsibility to stay away from a thread if they think it will "spoil" it for them.

I don't usually watch the show until Friday, so guess what I do? I don't look at this thread until I have seen it. Can we please stop with the tiptoeing around everyone who hasn't seen something? If you haven't seen it and are worried about being spoiled: stay away. Pretty simple. What else would a thread titled "American Horror Story" be about? Of course it's going to discuss the show with spoilers.

Sorry, didn't realize adding 'spoilers' would offend anyone...I was merely including that as a suggestion from someone else in the thread...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    rrivers wrote:

Hello???
  • Options
    Is the picture below in the opening credits? I swear it is. If so thats a picture of Hitler as a child.

adolf-hitler-as-a-child.jpg
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    so the first episode was really good, already can't wait until episode 2, the funny thing is I watched it with my wife, then had to go to work.... turns out she couldn't get to sleep that night, and couldn't get the image in the basement out her head... off course it doesn't help that we have a ghost or some kind of spirit in our house doesn't help.

so now i have to watch it on the repeat when i don't have to shoot off to work :lol::lol:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    so the first episode was really good, already can't wait until episode 2, the funny thing is I watched it with my wife, then had to go to work.... turns out she couldn't get to sleep that night, and couldn't get the image in the basement out her head... off course it doesn't help that we have a ghost or some kind of spirit in our house doesn't help.

so now i have to watch it on the repeat when i don't have to shoot off to work :lol::lol:

Yes the thing in the basement.... I'm not a fan of it at all. I've been fine with all the episodes, but that thing in the basement.....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    shadowcast wrote:
    Is the picture below in the opening credits? I swear it is. If so thats a picture of Hitler as a child.

adolf-hitler-as-a-child.jpg

I think it is....that's super creepy!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Last night's episode was great. The "food" that Constance kept bringing over was disgusting. I liked the look into Tate's background and personality, too. It was such a weird contrast between the opening scene and how he behaved later when he saved Violet's life (again).
  • Options
    Why would she eat all that shit?!?! Who knows if it was what Constance actually said it was. That brain...how could you be sure? Looked like it could have been human to me. I wouldnt eat any of that stuff even if I was forced! :sick: Aside from the fact that we all know its some sort of creature fetus and not a normal baby...anyone find it strange that Constance said the food she was giving Viv was good to eat during the first trimester? Her stomach is HUGE!!! No way she's still in the first trimester. She looks like she's ready to pop any day now!

And the whole school scene w/ Tate...was like watching Bowling for Columbine all over again. Finding out that they lived in the murder house when that all happened makes a lot of sense on how and why they keep turning up in there. But why move next door? I think I'd want to be as far away from that place as possible after all that happened.

Lots of cringe-worthy moments in last night's episode...thats for sure.

Also, that looks like it is deff. the picture of baby Hitler they show in the opening credits (good catch shadowcast). But what the hell does that have to do with anything?!?!?
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Why would she eat all that shit?!?! Who knows if it was what Constance actually said it was. That brain...how could you be sure? Looked like it could have been human to me. I wouldnt eat any of that stuff even if I was forced! :sick: Aside from the fact that we all know its some sort of creature fetus and not a normal baby...anyone find it strange that Constance said the food she was giving Viv was good to eat during the first trimester? Her stomach is HUGE!!! No way she's still in the first trimester. She looks like she's ready to pop any day now!

And the whole school scene w/ Tate...was like watching Bowling for Columbine all over again. Finding out that they lived in the murder house when that all happened makes a lot of sense on how and why they keep turning up in there. But why move next door? I think I'd want to be as far away from that place as possible after all that happened.

Lots of cringe-worthy moments in last night's episode...thats for sure.

Also, that looks like it is deff. the picture of baby Hitler they show in the opening credits (good catch shadowcast). But what the hell does that have to do with anything?!?!?

It's the only way Constance can see her son Tate. Is if she lives near the house.

• Options
    The acting keeps getting better in the show. Too bad the guy from Modern family got, got.. But I was not expecting him to go like that. After he got shot the wife and I just looked at each other and said I was not expecting that. I mean I knew he was gonna die but not like that.

Also, didn't one of the girls Tate killed say to him on the Halloween II episode "You asked me if I believed in God. Then you shot me". They didn't show that in the library scene. I think it was the girl who got shot first by the books who said that.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    it seems like she was in some sort of trance and methodically ate the brain. At the end, she showed a look of disgust after completely chowing down.

Violet may be dead/a ghost now.

It was weird how Tate's face was scratched up a bit during his meltdown. I wonder what precipitates his snapping.

Definitely a 'weaker' episode, but necessary in the set-up.
  • Options
    It's the only way Constance can see her son Tate. Is if she lives near the house.

See...this is why I like bouncing ideas off you all here :) You come up with other stuff that me and my other half didn't think of!! (Im still trying to grasp the whole - living people can see and interact w/ dead people thing - still doesn't quite make sense...why some dead people are always around and others only sometimes and in certain places)

shadowcast wrote:
    Too bad the guy from Modern family got, got.. But I was not expecting him to go like that. After he got shot the wife and I just looked at each other and said I was not expecting that. I mean I knew he was gonna die but not like that.

I know! I was like...awww...poor Cam! :lol:
    --speaking of Modern Family...screw the CMA's for taking up the time slot last night :evil: --
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    I can't remember if was in an episode or a preview but wasn't Tate's face painted like a skeleton? So when they flashed back to the school shooting I thought we would see that.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    I can't remember if was in an episode or a preview but wasn't Tate's face painted like a skeleton? So when they flashed back to the school shooting I thought we would see that.

Previous episodes they showed his face painted like a skeleton. When he described his "Dream".

Well this episode is the first proof that the original owner (The Doctor) died in the house. His ghost was in the basement during the seen where Violet was seeing all the ghosts. Of course we still don't know how the doctor died.

I wonder if Constance had a baby with the rubber man as well back in the day? She was enthusiast about needing that baby. Unless she needs that baby for something we don't know about yet. Constance also needs Violet for something. She did ask if she could be trusted.

That opening scene of the school shooting was pretty intense. Pretty well done. And Tate pretending his finger is a gun when the swat team showed up, was also pretty intense.

Can't wait for next weeks episode titled "Open House".

Does anyone know if this is a 13 episode season or less? or more?

Really good episode, I'll watch it again this weekend.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    13 episode season I believe... and I am pretty sure I read this isnt a one-off show either and more seasons will be in the works.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    MayDay10 wrote:
    13 episode season I believe... and I am pretty sure I read this isnt a one-off show either and more seasons will be in the works.

2nd season has already been greenlit
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

Previous episodes they showed his face painted like a skeleton. When he described his "Dream".

Well this episode is the first proof that the original owner (The Doctor) died in the house. His ghost was in the basement during the seen where Violet was seeing all the ghosts. Of course we still don't know how the doctor died.

I wonder if Constance had a baby with the rubber man as well back in the day? She was enthusiast about needing that baby. Unless she needs that baby for something we don't know about yet. Constance also needs Violet for something. She did ask if she could be trusted.

That opening scene of the school shooting was pretty intense. Pretty well done. And Tate pretending his finger is a gun when the swat team showed up, was also pretty intense.

Tate is offspring of Rubberman. Just throwing it out there. We also haven't see Constance's husband that she killed in the house. Maybe he's Rubberman.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

Tate is offspring of Rubberman

I like it... alot...

Lets see Constance's car salesman husband was killed in '83 (don't remember for sure)? We know Addie was young in '78 (the twins being murdered). We know that Constance only had one normal kid, and assume the rest were like Addie. Tate died in '94 I believe.

Wait a minute. Constance lived in the neighborhood of said house back in '78. and was living in the house in '83, then lived next door after that? What are we missing? Add this to the Constance is something other then alive, maybe not a ghost, but something...

• Options
    i have finally gotten a chance to watch all the episodes to date, and i am totally hooked!! thanks to the op on this topic, or else i never would've known about this show (i never watch fx).

happy haunting
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    I'm almost positive the person in the rubber suit is the offspring of the Montgomery couple.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    I'm almost positive the person in the rubber suit is the offspring of the Montgomery couple.

then again looking at previews for next week, maybe not :?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    They sure did jam a lot into last nights episode.

And twins :shock:

• Options
    Another good episode last night. It didn't even feel like the hour was up despite the amount of stuff that happened.

It seems like Violet is falling in love with Tate despite his being dead. It's weird that Tate knows that the other ghosts are dead but doesn't realize that he's dead, too.

The real estate agent is obviously not dead after she was able to go on the bus tour with Vivian but I wonder how much she knows about the house besides the deaths. She seemed like she knew the burned guy, which is why she instantly pulled her gun on him. I wonder if she sold the house to him, too, or sold it for him after the fire, or both.

I have a feeling next week's episode is going to be a very good one.
  • Options
    My theory on Rubberman. Since this show introduces a new character every show (like Rocky from Mask last night). I'm saying that Rubberman is a lover of the cheating gay guy. Or it's Ben Harmon. Because the person who is Rubberman has some Blue ass eyes.
  • Options

I still think the offspring of the Montgomery couple is the creepy as thing in the basement that attacked the girl in the first episode. Also, I think rubber man is Dr. Montgomery.....
  • Options
    So Constance had two kids killed in 1994. Tate was killed in the swat team shooting, and Bo was suffocated by Mr. Crispy at the request of Constance. So the suffocation must of happened after the Tate deal? I'd think the cops of FBI would of turned the entire house upside down after Tates school shooting. But that's okay I'll except that.

So how did Mr. Crispy get burnt? It wasn't like he told his story to Ben.

I think we know whats in the basement now. Something tells me that the house had bad things when it was built in the first place. And it all started with the Montgomery's, they were all crazy..

I'm on the Violet is dead bus now.

• Options
    I think he was burned when he tried to save his kids from the fire the wife set after he told her to leave.
    So Constance had two kids killed in 1994. Tate was killed in the swat team shooting, and Bo was suffocated by Mr. Crispy at the request of Constance. So the suffocation must of happened after the Tate deal? I'd think the cops of FBI would of turned the entire house upside down after Tates school shooting. But that's okay I'll except that.

So how did Mr. Crispy get burnt? It wasn't like he told his story to Ben.

I think we know whats in the basement now. Something tells me that the house had bad things when it was built in the first place. And it all started with the Montgomery's, they were all crazy..

I'm on the Violet is dead bus now.